The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

The report in the Glasgow Evening Times also notes that Rangers' deal for Nemane doesn't end their interest in signing Hearts ace Jamie Walker, with Nemane's youth status still leaving the Gers looking for another wide man to boost their first team.

Earlier this summer, BBC Sport reported that Rangers had two bids rejected for Walker, after the 24-year-old hit a total of 15 goals in all competitions for Hearts.

With Walker out of contract next summer and seemingly looking to leave, Rangers may hope that they can finally secure a deal for the Hearts ace, with Nemane's arrival not affecting their pursuit.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/23/report-discloses-rangers-plans-for-new-signing-aaron-nemane-jami/

Huns chums in the media like a dug with a bone.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting on the reason Jamie hasn't handed in a transfer request that are anything other than his financial benefit...

It would cost him 5% of whatever the fee would be if he requested a transfer I believe. If we sell him without him requesting a transfer then I think he is entitled to 10% of any fee we get.

The report in the Glasgow Evening Times also notes that Rangers' deal for Nemane doesn't end their interest in signing Hearts ace Jamie Walker, with Nemane's youth status still leaving the Gers looking for another wide man to boost their first team.

Earlier this summer, BBC Sport reported that Rangers had two bids rejected for Walker, after the 24-year-old hit a total of 15 goals in all competitions for Hearts.

With Walker out of contract next summer and seemingly looking to leave, Rangers may hope that they can finally secure a deal for the Hearts ace, with Nemane's arrival not affecting their pursuit.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/23/report-discloses-rangers-plans-for-new-signing-aaron-nemane-jami/

I'm sure it doesn't. Just a shame for Walker he'll get paid half what he's expecting and probably not much more than we offered so he can sit on his arse every second week.

Burley was always out on the piss, so this wouldn't surprise me.

Indeed.  It was the night of the League Cup game away to Livingston on September 21st, we lost 1-0 - he was both pissed & pissed off! As far as I recall he played many players not 'faxed' over, a month later he was gone.  

Back on subject, Jamie Walker may well have said these things whilst fishing but given the Rangers signing Aaron Nemane he has to surely now realise he is on a sticky wicket.  Bin his agent, buck up his ideas and concentrate on improving as a player on a more consistent basis. Then, and only then will he get a move to a top side and everything that comes with it - otherwise his career is heading only one way, SOUTH down the pan!

Hahaha right back at you.

Pal, I don't post on here often as I have a LIFE out with these confines. I have no reason to make anything up, it's not my MO in life never mind on here. If you knew anything about George Burley you would know he likes a bevy, a great deal of it - loose lips sink ships, is how it goes they say! Believe what you like.

I know all about Burley's George Street habits while he was at Hearts. Not what I found funny. The fact you were comparing that to Jamie's fishing trip is what I found hilarious... ridiculous even.

I know all about Burley's George Street habits while he was at Hearts. Not what I found funny. The fact you were comparing that to Jamie's fishing trip is what I found hilarious... ridiculous even.

Ok, let me clarify what I meant and was trying to outline.  Football people aren't always the best at keeping their mouths shut especially given their above average status. George Burley is at least as bright as Jamie Walker, he let the flood gates open to me, a complete stranger. I believe Walker may well be guilty of the same. 

Dallas Green

It would cost him 5% of whatever the fee would be if he requested a transfer I believe. If we sell him without him requesting a transfer then I think he is entitled to 10% of any fee we get.

Not having a go or anything but how do you know that he is entitled to 10% of a fee. Have you seen his contract?

Genuine question, not being wide or anything.

Dallas Green

I doubt Jamie Walker told a random guy this info while out fishing.

The pictures of him fishing have been on social media and on this site.

Hardly investigative work making that story up.

Not having a go or anything but how do you know that he is entitled to 10% of a fee. Have you seen his contract?

I understand that is  or maybe was the standard procedure when players move. No ideas what is specifically in any of the players contracts. I believe that is what used to happen although it might be different now.

I saw this on the internet taken from the BBC it is just an extract about the signing/tranfer process.

A signing-on fee: This is a payment the player gets for signing for a club, although this may vary and depend from league to league.

At the larger clubs you get a payment when you sign and then a fee split over a couple of years.

If a number of clubs have agreed a fee for a player then he will weigh up a number of aspects.

These may include whether he is going to play more at one club than another, the package he is getting and how much he will have to uproot his family.

It often comes down to a wide range of reasons but for most players, first and foremost, it can be about how many minutes on the pitch they are going to get.

In this modern day and age unless you are an elite level player with a whole load of loyalty bonus payments written into your contract, handing in a written transfer request only puts you on the wrong side of the fans. If you hand in a transfer request and you have a loyalty bonus in your contract, it is forfeited. So, very few if any Hearts players will be operating in those circumstances, therefore the only reason to hand in a transfer request in Jamie's case would be to make it know to everyone, including the fans that he wants to move on. As far as I am aware he hasn't done this or spoke of it on record, therefore he remains very much a Hearts player to support fully. Every contract is different and in Ronaldo's case in his move to Real Madrid, part of the deal was he gave up his signing on fee (12 million) to get approval to move from Man Utd. Every contract and player move is different and worked out in advance between agents and clubs.

In this modern day and age unless you are an elite level player with a whole load of loyalty bonus payments written into your contract, handing in a written transfer request only puts you on the wrong side of the fans. If you hand in a transfer request and you have a loyalty bonus in your contract, it is forfeited. So, very few if any Hearts players will be operating in those circumstances, therefore the only reason to hand in a transfer request in Jamie's case would be to make it know to everyone, including the fans that he wants to move on. As far as I am aware he hasn't done this or spoke of it on record, therefore he remains very much a Hearts player to support fully. Every contract is different and in Ronaldo's case in his move to Real Madrid, part of the deal was he gave up his signing on fee (12 million) to get approval to move from Man Utd. Every contract and player move is different and worked out in advance between agents and clubs.

That entire 'loyalty bonus' concept seems incredibly naive. As Walker has shown, you can effectively hand in a transfer request by downing tools. Which arguably is even more disloyal than literally handing in a transfer request as you are still expecting money you frankly don't deserve.

I understand that is  or maybe was the standard procedure when players move. No ideas what is specifically in any of the players contracts. I believe that is what used to happen although it might be different now.

This harks back to the days when clubs held all the cards and would just tell players they were being sold, ie we've agreed a fee with Grimsby and your going.

I'm sure the players union negotiated that players who had not asked to be transferred would be entitled to 10% of the transfer fee, obviously things have changed considerably since those days.

As an aside older fans will recall Jim Cruikshank asking for a transfer at least once a season, I also read the entire first team squad submitted transfer requests after the board failed to pay win bonuses after beating Burnley in the Texaco Cup in 1970

Ok, let me clarify what I meant and was trying to outline. Football people aren't always the best at keeping their mouths shut especially given their above average status. George Burley is at least as bright as Jamie Walker, he let the flood gates open to me, a complete stranger. I believe Walker may well be guilty of the same.

Not doubting you for a second re Burley mate. His habits off the field were and are well documented. As I said earlier, knowing Jamie as being a completely different beast to George Burley, there's zero comparison to be made, both the people involved, and the completely different environments that have been mentioned.

It's absolute nonsense to consider Jamie would say anything to a complete stranger regarding his feeling towards Hearts.

Not doubting you for a second re Burley mate. His habits off the field were and are well documented. As I said earlier, knowing Jamie as being a completely different beast to George Burley, there's zero comparison to be made, both the people involved, and the completely different environments that have been mentioned.

It's absolute nonsense to consider Jamie would say anything to a complete stranger regarding his feeling towards Hearts.

Fair enough pal, my apologies. I didn't realise you actually knew Jamie hence my comment and presumption.

After watching todays game I think Jamie has shown a total and complete lack of professionalism.He obviously wanted a move to Rangers but the way he has conducted himself has severely damaged his chance of a big move if other clubs are watching him and conduct. He may be upset at the club for whatever reason ( i have no knowledge of the ins and outs) ,but we are still paying his wages, so he could at least appear to be trying a leg.As Rangers interest appears to be cooling where does that leave him now? THink he has been badly advised, and as a contrast could you see someone like Christophe Berra acting like this, I think not.

He is in danger of ending up as another big player for us who does nothing elswhere (Templeton for example).

Sign  a new contract start trying a leg,and restore our faith, you have the ability to be a top player at Tynecastle, dont go out the door being hated would be a shame.

Thought Police

Hasn't kicked a ball since February and even before then he only played well once every few games. How anyone can still back this lad is beyond me.

After watching todays game I think Jamie has shown a total and complete lack of professionalism.He obviously wanted a move to Rangers but the way he has conducted himself has severely damaged his chance of a big move if other clubs are watching him and conduct. He may be upset at the club for whatever reason ( i have no knowledge of the ins and outs) ,but we are still paying his wages, so he could at least appear to be trying a leg.As Rangers interest appears to be cooling where does that leave him now? THink he has been badly advised, and as a contrast could you see someone like Christophe Berra acting like this, I think not.

He is in danger of ending up as another big player for us who does nothing elswhere (Templeton for example).

Sign  a new contract start trying a leg,and restore our faith, you have the ability to be a top player at Tynecastle, dont go out the door being hated would be a shame.

He has been atrociously advised. I noticed the other day there was an article claiming the huns were still interested. Any contract offer we make in my opinion has to be on the provision that he dumps his agent. Alan Houndsworth isn't an agent, he's a hun scout.

Moreover he has to be frozen out until he signs a new deal. The likes of Moore and Zanatta will bring an enthusiasm and energy Walker isn't capable of bringing currently. His professionalism has been non-existent. He should be embarrassed with himself massively.

He's Garbage. Lazy, disinterested, no effort, get rid.

Would rather see more of Moore or Brandon than him.

He was anonymous first half today but thought he was pretty decent second half until subbed. Realised he had messed up for their goal and tried to make amends. Positive for me, he could have just skulked away.

He was anonymous first half today but thought he was pretty decent second half until subbed. Realised he had messed up for their goal and tried to make amends. Positive for me, he could have just skulked away.

Agree.

Armadale Jambo

We played with 10 men because of that fat little prfck. Sooner he goes the better. Becoming a joke now.

Agreed - but a proper professional would have been trying from the start, not just making amends after making a mistake. if its a positive its a tiny one after his recent attitude.                                                           B

Probably not going to end up with a better contract from any team by this time next year which is absolutely hilarious. Absolute waste of money traveling through to Motherwell to watch that little rat go through the motions

and yet he came closer to scoring than anyone else in a toothless 2nd half. Frustrating when there is so little quality in this squad.

Extremely poor from Hearts to play him after last week's performance where he made it clear he couldn't be hooped.

Will piss myself laughing at our incompetence if we don't sell him before the deadline.

it's obvious we're going to get very little for him now, walkers probably already agreed to sign in January for nowt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Canada

He has been atrociously advised. I noticed the other day there was an article claiming the huns were still interested. Any contract offer we make in my opinion has to be on the provision that he dumps his agent. Alan Houndsworth isn't an agent, he's a hun scout.

Moreover he has to be frozen out until he signs a new deal. The likes of Moore and Zanatta will bring an enthusiasm and energy Walker isn't capable of bringing currently. His professionalism has been non-existent. He should be embarrassed with himself massively.

Agree with all of this except the new contract part. I wouldn't offer him anything at all because he has made his feelings known through his poor attitude and shouldn't be rewarded for that in any way.

I really hope he leaves before Thursday so we can move on with players who want to be here.

Seymour M Hersh

Will piss myself laughing at our incompetence if we don't sell him before the deadline.

So we are to accept whatever pittance they offer on any terms they want is that what your saying avoids us being incompetent? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

So we are to accept whatever pittance they offer on any terms they want is that what your saying avoids us being incompetent?

I'd take your point if we'd in any way managed this in a way which meant we could use him properly. Basically, we'll get nowt out of him for a year, at which point he'll go for nothing.

Seymour M Hersh

I'd take your point if we'd in any way managed this in a way which meant we could use him properly. Basically, we'll get nowt out of him for a year, at which point he'll go for nothing.

So Walker is the innocent victim in the boards total mismanagement of this situation in your opinion. Good luck selling that one to most of us.

Jambof3tornado

The situation is of walkers making. With help from his agent and the weegia.

It's the way it has been engineered by him and his agent. The club made him an excellent offer.

it's obvious we're going to get very little for him now, walkers probably already agreed to sign in January for nowt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he does I hope he is allowed to rot well away from the first team squad.

lost in space

and yet he came closer to scoring than anyone else in a toothless 2nd half. Frustrating when there is so little quality in this squad.

I thought he was OK yesterday at the match.  I havnt watched the ALBA version. Great save stopped his shot going in top corner.  He made a mistake\fell for their goal - that was not down to him not trying.  He was not at his best but was our ONLY goal threat when he was taken off.  Pathetic decision - especially when Buaben comes on.   WTF!!!

Hungry hippo

I thought he was OK yesterday at the match. I havnt watched the ALBA version. Great save stopped his shot going in top corner. He made a mistake\fell for their goal - that was not down to him not trying. He was not at his best but was our ONLY goal threat when he was taken off. Pathetic decision - especially when Buaben comes on. WTF!!!

Buaben was replacing Randall which was needed as we weren't controlling the middle of the park at all. Whether Moore did better than Walker would have is different debate.

Yep, agree with this. He was desperate to get his hands on the ball for that free kick Djoum ballooned over. Shame. Could've been his moment

Agree with all of this except the new contract part. I wouldn't offer him anything at all because he has made his feelings known through his poor attitude and shouldn't be rewarded for that in any way.

I really hope he leaves before Thursday so we can move on with players who want to be here.

True. Jamie Walker isn't a special talent. He is good on his day but there is no reason why Moore/Zanatta/Morrison/Currie etc can't step up in the next year.

In an ideal world the huns back out and we don't extend his contract with him becoming a cautionary tale about being tapped up and downing tools.

Kind of reminds of Scott Severin and his exit from the club?

i wish jj was my dad

Who wants to buy him? How much do you think they would pay based on what we've seen in 2017? And, why would you laugh at the club being stitched up by a wee hun rat?

i wish jj was my dad

True. Jamie Walker isn't a special talent. He is good on his day but there is no reason why Moore/Zanatta/Morrison/Currie etc can't step up in the next year.

In an ideal world the huns back out and we don't extend his contract with him becoming a cautionary tale about being tapped up and downing tools.

Kind of reminds of Scott Severin and his exit from the club?

The big difference with Seve is that he sweated blood for the club every single time he entered the field.

lost in space

Buaben was replacing Randall which was needed as we weren't controlling the middle of the park at all. Whether Moore did better than Walker would have is different debate.

Yes he was - and we know how that worked out.  We were losing and took off our only hope of scoring + the honking Randall to bring on a young lad and a honking footballer.  Buaben did nothing at all to control the middle of the park (same as Randall). We needed to score.  Randall should have come off for the young boy, with Walker staying ON.

10% is normal.

Elias Henry Furst

Thread title requiring updating.

Club statement on Walker/Walker on the pitch against Motherwell (updated)

Should do it.

:cool_shades:

The big difference with Seve is that he sweated blood for the club every single time he entered the field.

He also stated that he hoped Hearts would get money for him.

Bowmans_Boot

The situation is of walkers making. With help from his agent and the weegia.

Nothing is completely black and white. The clubs statement obviously alienated Jamie and that was a mistake by Hearts.

Personally I think the largest amount of blame should be apportioned to Rangers and Jamies agent.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived