So Walker wants to leave...or does he? ( merged thread )

Mr Sifter

weegiejambo8

I am a massive fan of Jamie and he has been good for us over the last few seasons, some of the goals he has scored have been superb. 

However if it is true that he wants to leave Hearts, then he has to go, good luck to him wherever he ends up. 

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shambles.

How much will it cost to replace Walker, against the cost of giving him a better deal? I bet it is a lot cheaper to keep him.

But, he clearly sees the way the wind is blowing at Tynie and wants out.

I don't want to see the club spending a single penny trying to keep people here who don't want to be here.

If he wants to go, then that's all we need to know. Ta ta, cheerio, goodbye.

Let him go in place of someone who'd bite your hand of too pull on the jersey and that's a step in the right direction.

It's a shambles.

How much will it cost to replace Walker, against the cost of giving him a better deal? I bet it is a lot cheaper to keep him.

Absolutely correct. We are a Jekyll and Hyde football club, footballing side in crisis, off the park the healthiest it has ever been. Players are only ever worried about the footballing side though so you can imagine we are being viewed pretty dimly by prospective new signings and their agents.

It's a shambles.

Am not sure if It will be that hard. Walkers main contribution to the team is scoring goals. He doesn't create much. For a midfield player that is a weakness. Going forward we will be expecting our new strikers to be the main source of goals and our midfield to create more.

We_are_the_Hearts

I don't want to see the club spending a single penny trying to keep people here who don't want to be here.

Let him go in place of someone who'd bite your hand of too pull on the jersey and that's a step in the right direction.

He is 23 now and been offered an extra ?200 per week. It's not surprising he wants to try and make some money

Francis Albert

We spent half of that season paying for at least half a team that played like they didn't want to be here! I can fully understand why Jamie wants to leave.

He is 23 now and been offered an extra ?200 per week. It's not surprising he wants to try and make some money

Maybe so.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of that however, if he doesn't want to be here - then we shouldnt be wasting time or money trying to convince him otherwise.

We've spent too long being strung along by folk going through the motions with Hearts while they pick up a pay cheque. I'm hoping that going forward that's something we change dramatically.

We spent half of that season paying for at least half a team that played like they didn't want to be here! I can fully understand why Jamie wants to leave.

You'll not find me disagreeing there - and I hope that each and every one of them is shown the door also.

Francis Albert

After a 15 goal season a real rarity for even strikers at Hearts in recent times. If true it makes it even more understandable that he wants to leave.

I'm not going to slag Jamie, as I don't know the background to his decision.

Liked him as a player but had his off days too!

Word of warning though.  I Remember two guys that went to the wrong club.  

Templeton and King.  

Don't make it a hat-trick!!!  You are better than that.

Bazzas right boot

Good player.

Shame he wants to move, if it's money then tbh it's a bit of a shambles, he should be one of our highest earner's. That way he's happy and we get money for him if he leaves as he's got a longer contract.

If he goes to ranger's, it better be an inflated price and money up front, although it will still be shite.

If it's down south of Spain then fairdoos, good luck.

Paterson and walker were Hearts last season, we will be missing the best part of 30 goals.

Massive transfer window for us in every way.

I like Jamie Walker but I'm not convinced there's a higher level to his game.

Still, good luck to him, unless he signs for Rangers.

Agree with this assessment. Add in his recent known injury problems and I think we can do better. Good luck to him though.

Maybe so.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of that however, if he doesn't want to be here - then we shouldnt be wasting time or money trying to convince him otherwise.

We've spent too long being strung along by folk going through the motions with Hearts while they pick up a pay cheque. I'm hoping that going forward that's something we change dramatically.

How exactly do you change that, recruit 20 Hearts fans who will play for us for at whatever we deem to be the going rate? Grow up, this is not 1961. 

Money is the central reason anyone plays for us not because they particularly want to. Do you not think that asking the reason he wants to go would be the most pressing question here?

Hearts_fan

"I love the way he plays. I love the way he plays."

Said Cathro of Walker, after the 4-1 demolition of The Rangers.

Haven't seen much to love of Walker's ability since then. Nor of most other players since then, it has to be said.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Its the end of an era. All of these not so young kids took the club through a lot. They are probably not able to take it any further.

I have loved watching Jamie Walker, but perhaps it is time, and hopefully Hearts can steer him to pastures new for the right price and not where he will hurt us.

Cruyff Turn

That's a great shame but half expected.

So the thing now has to be that we get 1million quid plus, and we 'must' replace not only the players positional wise, but the 25 goals that we're losing from both Walker and Paterson.

By gum Levein better have some good players coming here because at this moment in time I am dreading next season.

Scores some goals, sometimes brilliant, no doubt he has had games where he's been unplayable.

If we can replace him with a bit more pace and creates more chances for our strikers I won't miss him overall.

No real pace, doesn't provide enough assists, often vanishes in games where we need a creative spark to make things happen.

Reminds me a bit of Holt. Has goals but doesn't bring enough to the team. If he isn't having a good game where he's scoring he's a passenger.

I don't think he was ever the same player after that injury.

The Shed Floodlight

don't know if true what people are sayin about 200 quid a month extra but the club should not be held to ransom from anyone about wages. And Walker to me has had a billy big baws attitude of late and will not be missed as he is overrated

Good player. I hope he stays, but if doesn't want to stay we can't really force a player these days.

That being said, he's under contract, so I expect Hearts (who don't need to sell) to place a value on Walker and stick to it. We aren't pushovers and any Scottish Club will need to stump up, either that or he becomes an unhappy bit-part player til someone signs him on a free. 

Finally, if he goes to Rangers, I'd question his ambition in the game and he can get tae.

KineticBeat

I don't understand why people are losing their shit quite so much. 

Guaranteed when Jamie signed this contract he was thinking to himself "If I''m ever going to achieve anything better I'll be leaving Hearts in 2017/2018. He's just finished a season where he was top goalscorer and won all the clubs internal POTY awards so he isn't sitting there thinking "in fact, maybe I've found my level". 

This isn't because of Cathro/Levein/Budge/Trump or anyone else. This is about a 24 year old footballer realising this is the time to try to further his career. In the present game you are never going to have a youth product come through who love the club so much that they never want to leave (unless they realise that they won't get anything better than Hearts). 

Saying that, if he and his agent think that moving to Rangers is the way to do that then I think they are wrong. 

Something is completely ****ed up at the club. Trusting Levein is ******* criminal.

Wait the now...walker(a rangers fan) has his head turned by rangers interest and decides he wants to persue a move there...and it's leveins fault!

We_are_the_Hearts

Wait the now...walker(a rangers fan) has his head turned by rangers interest and decides he wants to persue a move there...and it's leveins fault!

Did Craig give you a pair of Hearts jammies to say that?

_93913961_walker.jpg

How exactly do you change that, recruit 20 Hearts fans who will play for us for at whatever we deem to be the going rate? Grow up, this is not 1961. 

Money is the central reason anyone plays for us not because they particularly want to. Do you not think that asking the reason he wants to go would be the most pressing question here?

You're happy with players being here picking up a wage who don't particularly want to be here?

Well..... I'm not.

If that means I need to 'grow up' then so be it. I still wont want a team of folk who don't want to play for us taking the field representing Hearts.

I certainly don't think Jamie falls in to the same 'wage thief' category which some of the other imposters were in, but, if we're at a point where he doesn't want to play for hearts - then we need to let him go. A team with players who would rather be somewhere else on a Saturday will NOT bring us the success we want.

BonningtonJambo

For the 1000th time jamie walker is not a rangers fan

Jamie Walkers a Hearts fan. Not just him, no ***** wants to stay under that stubborn prick and his puppets.

BonningtonJambo

18814096_1585406348168563_44496084066127

Seen that his other halfs dad has also said it is all lies...so someones lying

Did Craig give you a pair of Hearts jammies to say that?

_93913961_walker.jpg

Just everybody is so quick to jump on managements back without knowing the facts.

Tony Soprano

Meh. Extremely inconsistant. No dounting he has the ability to be a great player but very rarely shows it. If he was french or greek i seriously doubt people would be losing their shit as much as they are considering he brought nothing to the team last last 6 months, rangers game aside.

Important that we replace him with somebody more consistant. As another poster said the other day, id take naill mcginn over him in a heart beat.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

He's a Hearts fan.

I don't know about the Walker situation re wages but I do know that other homegrown players were offered a pittance compared to our Forign superstars like Maulary Martin.

We_are_the_Hearts

Seen that his other halfs dad has also said it is all lies...so someones lying

Could be the beginning of the end for Levein. Possibly lying about this and also lying about the notes when he has been clearly doing it. Wether passing on notes to the coach is an issue is another debate but to deny doing it is lying.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

In terms of players leaving etc we seem like a very snakey and sneery club when it comes to it.

Just my opinion.

Clark Griswold

Sad to say but we all saw this coming. He has looked disinterested since the turn of the year bar a couple of performances - is it a coincidence that his best game for us since then, has been vs The Rangers?

I'm with the majority here, dont want anyone at the club who doesn't want to be here, it cant be good for anyone around him on the playing side and for us fans having to watch that.

Good luck to him.

Cruyff Turn

Yeah

So we can only come to the conclusion that Levein is forcing him out the door because he won't sign a 3 year deal for an extra 200 quid a month, which was the other rumour.

All it'll take is someone to post the truth and Levein can be forced out.

BonningtonJambo

So we can only come to the conclusion that Levein is forcing him out the door because he won't sign a 3 year deal for an extra 200 quid a month, which was the other rumour.

All it'll take is someone to post the truth and Levein can be forced out.

Jamie walker's in dubai also so would be the easiest time to come out and say he wants away

Morgaro Gomis

Could be the beginning of the end for Levein. Possibly lying about this and also lying about the notes when he has been clearly doing it. Wether passing on notes to the coach is an issue is another debate but to deny doing it is lying.

Whilst I agree with your point about the Walker situation, where did Levein deny the note passing? As far as I can tel he did not.

He was asked about the criticism surrounding the note passing and answered: "it's a lot of shite", he didn't say that him passing notes was a lot of shite as far as I could tell.

Whilst I agree with your point about the Walker situation, where did Levein deny the note passing? As far as I can tel he did not.

He was asked about the criticism surrounding the note passing and answered: "it's a lot of shite", he didn't say that him passing notes was a lot of shite as far as I could tell.

Exactly.

Nelly Terraces

You do know he's left?

Not after the chuckle brothers tried keeping him though.

Our recruitment = :lol:

the big show

THERE is a problem here and it's not Jamie Walker ...   The man is poison to the core what sort of person would come out with this sort of stuff to a player . 

We_are_the_Hearts

Jamie walker's in dubai also so would be the easiest time to come out and say he wants away

Exactly. Work of a coward

The Comedian

Looks like a player being forced out after knocking back a risible new contract.

I've enjoyed watching Jamie Walker play for Hearts for the last few years, a good, talented player. I'll be sad to see him go but I'm not sure why this has to be someone's fault. Sometimes it's just the right time to move on and he if can get a move he wants (that's not Rangers) while Hearts get a decent transfer fee then that's the best we can hope for. If we force him to stay and he leaves next year for nothing people would complain and if we'd sold him earlier, people would complain.

We_are_the_Hearts

Maybe Levein should show us this transfer request. He likes notes after all

Morgaro Gomis

Club-killer Levein at it again. Sadly the old cow won't get rid of him.

Ridiculous comment.

Archived