So Walker wants to leave...or does he? ( merged thread )

Mr Sifter

John Findlay

The running of the footballing side of things is majorly alarming at the moment. Leveins even admitted a change of strategy, **** knows where it's heading. He's effectively said his strategy has failed, wants a Scottish backbone now but hung our homegrown player out to dry. For what? To deflect the attention?

Has he?

Hearts can't afford what certain players through their agents are asking.

As daft as this may seem I would rather have Poor Hearts team than no Hearts team at all. I don't want to go through another year like 2013.

Football players come and players go. I have seen thousands in my time watching Hearts. I will probably see thousands more over the next 20 years or so. I will just be glad that there will be another 20 years.

The club is far more important than any individual whoever that individual is and what job they do at the club. Levein will go. Cathro will go in the future along with many others. Will I lose sleep or my shit? No

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These 3 players wanted to leave so we aren't 'giving ourselves' a mammoth task of rebuilding

Who's the other Scottish players apart from Berra and an aging Cowie?

socrates82

Walker's been a core part of the team for 3 seasons. Paterson was in the team longer. That's a good run for both. If we get a fee, great all round. However, we've had great value from both of them.

We can't force players to sign long contracts these days when so much money is available elsewhere, even for fairly average players.

Nicolson has never really established himself in the team, which is why he might want to leave to try somewhere new. The other two though deserve their chance to push on.

3 promising Young Scottish players all Jambos want away. Yet we still have the Levein/Budge lickybums on here defending the DoF. :facepalm:

Most people are at least a little concerned about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 promising Young Scottish players all Jambos want away. Yet we still have the Levein/Budge lickybums on here defending the DoF. :facepalm:

He then states he wants a Scottish core now and not randoms as a shop window to England as previously stated. Levein hasn't got a clue and is too far up his own arse to acknowledge that.

John Findlay

Who's the other Scottish players apart from Berra and an aging Cowie?

Hamilton

Currie

Smith

Brandon

Souttar.

There is five more for starters.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40094773

Don't hear from Levein for months now he's openly punting Jamie. Aye, nice yin.

We are a selling club...it's part of our plan to sell players. This is what is expected from CL. I will be over the moon if we get a decent fee for Walker. It's unlikely he will develop more so now is the perfect time to sell him. Sounds like a Win for both the club and player.

He then states he wants a Scottish core now and not randoms as a shop window to England as previously stated. Levein hasn't got a clue and is too far up his own arse to acknowledge that.

One of our more successful managers...has more of a clue than you or me.

yes, I would be surprised if he goes elsewhere but I agree with you best of luck to him

Dunno if you're genuinely missing my point or just being obtuse for the sake of it, but for the avoidance of any doubt I sincerely hope JW has a shite career if he moves to Rangers.

ThehandsofZibi

4/5 good games a season. Depending how much we get or who we replace him with he won't be the massive loss that some are saying.

We are a selling club...it's part of our plan to sell players. This is what is expected from CL. I will be over the moon if we get a decent fee for Walker. It's unlikely he will develop more so now is the perfect time to sell him. Sounds like a Win for both the club and player.

I'm sorry but are you trolling? A Director of Football comes out at an out of the blue press conference and deflects the attention from appointing a manager with the worst record in our history by saying our best player, also a home grown fan of the club, is leaving. Either you are Craig Levein or have issues counting past 10.

Dunno if you're genuinely missing my point or just being obtuse for the sake of it, but for the avoidance of any doubt I sincerely hope JW has a shite career if he moves to Rangers.

Been watching to much of shawshank redemption.

Hamilton

Currie

Smith

Brandon

Souttar.

There is five more for starters.

You would call that a solid basis for a core aye? Souttar perhaps, the rest no chance the goalie and pray the others.

To be fair these 3 particular players have been in the Hearts 1st team squad for a good 3 seasons and are approaching their mid twenties. In a career where they will all be incredibly lucky to get another decade out of it when would you expect them to leave?

Can't say I'm chuffed with how things are going at the moment but all of the sensationalist crap aside it seems pretty normal for these guys to either want to progress to a higher level or set themselves and their families up for life while they still can. Hearts can't do either of those things for any of them and I personally don't want to see Hearts pay over and above for guys of their quality.

(Not bashing them at all, I have to say I had amazing times watching all of them and I do feel a bit of a loss that they're leaving the club, but in terms of ability I don't think any of them are world class, although Paterson could be a very good player one day. Something he knows himself.)

Ron Burgundy

We must be a shambles if he's desperate to go.

Obviously not buying in to Cathro's bollocks.

We would get more of a fee if it's not made out the player is desperate to leave.

One of our more successful managers...has more of a clue than you or me.

Previously probably, these days nah.

John Findlay

You would call that a solid basis for a core aye? Souttar perhaps, the rest no chance the goalie and pray the others.

You asked for Scots. I gave you five. They will all be here next season.

Cant say I'm overly concerned by Walker going to be honest. If he goes now, we'll at least get a reasonable fee and free up a wage to invest in one or two others. Levein mentioning it today will have been to get it out there and drum up interest. He's an decent player with occasional flashes of brilliance. Very much a streak player, three or four decent games then quiet and ineffective for the same length of time. Defensively he's weak, rarely tracks back and covers for his defence. He also tires easily and picks up a lot of injuries. Not actually convinced where his best position is. Should we keep Djoum I'd expect better things from him next season as a lot of the time him and Jamie ended up in the same areas. We move on. Its rebuilding and if he doesnt want to play for us anymore why stand in his way. I'd sooner have someone hungry and willing to play for us than someone who doesnt want to be there and we've endured enough of those types of guys going through the motions before, just picking up a wage.

We need to face reality that we are a selling club. Players come and go. He's currently the best of a bad bunch. Nothing more than that. We survived when Ritchie, Johnston, Locke and McManus left and we'll survive now that Walker, King, Paterson and Nicholson will go. 

Its not even close to the scale of losing Robbo, Cameron or Niemi. 

maroonnicky63

wonderful support as usual , I can see why Jamie wants out.

Put simply we can't keep our best players. You can make as many petty jibes as you want but Walker and Paterson are/were our best players and we have contrived to lose them for what will be the minimum they are worth. They weren't perfect because they are both young and developing.

This is undeniably a lack of strategy on our behalf coupled with questionable man management. Are our DoF and coaches fit for purpose?

The minimum they were worth? We'll never get more for Walker than we will this summer, and we knocked back a bid for Paterson that didn't meet our valuation of him. Just because we think players should go for a certain price doesn't mean anyone's going to come in an offer it.

siegementality

If a player wants to leave, they want to leave. That's how we lose some players, and how we get others. The world keeps spinning either way.

wonderful support as usual , I can see why Jamie wants out.

Eh....not got a clue what your point is. That's twice now. I'm now left here wondering why I should want a Rangers player to do well.

Best just leave it there. Hopefully someone else gets what you're implying, cos I've no clue!

maroonnicky63

Eh....not got a clue what your point is. That's twice now. I'm now left here wondering why I should want a Rangers player to do well.

Best just leave it there. Hopefully someone else gets what you're implying, cos I've no clue!

not rocket science mate just wish the guy good luck wherever he goes , he has been with us for about 10yrs or more

Morgaro Gomis

not rocket science mate just wish the guy good luck wherever he goes , he has been with us for about 10yrs or more

We should wish him well should he go to a potential rival? No chance.

I would thank him for his service over the decade he has been here whilst also hoping he has he worst time of his career at Rangers. I wouldn't want any harm physically to come his way, but I wouldn't want him to succeed.

I'm sure many Hearts fans would feel the same and no matter how much rubbish you spout on the contrary, that doesn't make me nor anyone else worse fans than you.

heartsfc_fan

I'll be dissapointed if he goes, but now is the time to cash in on him. He could leave for nothing in a year.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Serious question - i've seen it referenced a few times that we've offered risible contracts to Nicholson, Walker and Paterson - how does anyone know? And if they do know, can they give us proof? In no way am i defending the club but they're an easy target here when they cant come out and say "we offered x per week to this player and they turned it down".

I'm disappointed that Walker and Nicholson are probably leaving as i liked them both as players.  I'm gutted that Paterson is leaving as he's been head and shoulders one of our better players for the past few years which was obvious as soon as we lost him to injury.  

maroonnicky63

I would thank him for his service over the decade he has been here whilst also hoping he has he worst time of his career at Rangers. I wouldn't want any harm physically to come his way, but I wouldn't want him to succeed.

I'm sure many Hearts fans would feel the same and no matter how much rubbish you spout on the contrary, that doesn't make me nor anyone else worse fans than you.

Walker will go where he chooses and wherever that is I would wish him well unless he comes up against Hearts but other than that I hope he does well I don't hold any grudge to any player who wants to move on it's a choice they make

Morgaro Gomis

Walker will go where he chooses and wherever that is I would wish him well unless he comes up against Hearts but other than that I hope he does well I don't hold any grudge to any player who wants to move on it's a choice they make

I agree that it's entirely his call and I actually wouldn't blame him for going to Rangers. I couldn't say I would want him to do well though, that would make me a liar.

indianajones

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-30%20at%2016.14.

Murrayburn seems to full of these hun-sympathising hearts fans. 

Its disgusting. 

Honestly Nicky, no for me mate. If he (or any other player) goes down south, or abroad, I'd happily wish them aw the best. To another Scottish club though? Na, **** them.

been here before

So we can only come to the conclusion that Levein is forcing him out the door because he won't sign a 3 year deal for an extra 200 quid a month, which was the other rumour.

All it'll take is someone to post the truth and Levein can be forced out.

You'd have to be a bit dolly if thats the only conclusion you can draw Sherlock.

Ricardo Shillyshally

With no walker or Patterson, who's going to score goals for us?

The minimum they were worth? We'll never get more for Walker than we will this summer, and we knocked back a bid for Paterson that didn't meet our valuation of him. Just because we think players should go for a certain price doesn't mean anyone's going to come in an offer it.

You have just reinforced the point I was making, Paterson goes for a development fee, Walker with a year left on his deal will not fetch that much particularly after that press conference. We have no strategy for keeping these guys or maximising their transfer worth. 

Valentinho

With no walker or Patterson, who's going to score goals for us?

Eh, let's see........someone else, perhaps?

He is 23 now and been offered an extra ?200 per week. It's not surprising he wants to try and make some money

How do you know that?

Jambo 4 Ever

I heard the same, apparently we offered both Jamie and Sam pitiful salary increases.

IF this is true... this is very disappointing indeed

We should be buliding our team round the likes of Paterson, Nicholson, Walker, etc.

If anything, should be making them the highest paid players - instead of brining in foreign dross who have never heard of Hearts

Young fans like these players too - who will they have left to look up to?

Watt-Zeefuik

You've claimed some knowledge of what some of the inside track on other players.  There's claims on here that Walker doesn't actually want out and Levein is talking shite.  Do you have any sense if that's true?

I've defended Levein and his program on here plenty but if this is true it's a bit of a deal breaker for me. If you're not extending a player, fine, stand on that, but claiming a player like Walker wants to leave if he doesn't is a fireable offence IMO.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-30%20at%2016.14.

This photo saddens me more than I can say. What next, Nicola Sturgeon wrapped in the Butcher's Apron singing Land of Hope and Glory at Last Night of the Proms?

He's under contract for another year. Get decent money, now, if not park him in the tynie arms till it runs out. If you don't want to stay you don't play. Simples.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's under contract for another year. Get decent money, now, if not park him in the tynie arms till it runs out. If you don't want to stay you don't play. Simples.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love a bit of the vladflu :D

According to some folk on FB who know his dad Levein has lied about this to make it a bit sweeter when he is sold and Jamie never said anything of the sort.

Archived