Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thehibsareintheirbeds

Queue out the door...slow going...Looks like only two serving.

Durham Jambo

Just back from the ticket office.  I've got three seats in row four of Section D and wanted to move a few rows back or over to the Main Stand.  There's no availability further back than row 3 of Section D and in the centre of the main stand there's only seats left in row 1 or 2.  Looks like all the old main stand and Roseburn season ticket holders have taken up most of the central seating in the new main stand as it's really only the sides that are available.  Lassie in the ticket office didn't think many people would move out the Wheatfield if the seats aren't better in the new stand.

Sexton Hardcastle

Pal managed to get through on the phone eventually. Combined 80 plus phone calls.

Doesn't appear to be many seat together in the lower levels at all.

Phil Dunphy

Pal managed to get through on the phone eventually. Combined 80 plus phone calls.

Doesn't appear to be many seat together in the lower levels at all.

Of the Main Stand or in general?

Elias Henry Furst

Was hoping to move a few rows back in the Wheatfield as I'd hoped some would fancy the New Stand.

For those of you who have moved, does there appear to be much availability in the lower Wheatfield?

Queue out the door...slow going...Looks like only two serving.

Took an hour of work, stood in the que for 45 mins, did not move at all, no idea what was taking so long, left to go back to work, another season in the Gorgie Stand for me.

Phil Dunphy

Took an hour of work, stood in the que for 45 mins, did not move at all, no idea what was taking so long, left to go back to work, another season in the Gorgie Stand for me.

You know this is only the first day of movement?

You know this is only the first day of movement?

I was looking for a couple seats in a specific area of the new stand, going by information on here looks like there's no chance of that

Besides I can't be arsed, standing in static ques, or constantly calling trying to get through to the office

I was only able to go to Tynecastle today because I happened to be working in the area

Phil Dunphy

I was looking for a couple seats in a specific area of the new stand, going by information on here looks like there's no chance of that

Besides I can't be arsed, standing in static ques, or constantly calling trying to get through to the office

I imagine, if you left it a couple of days, you'd be able to get a move out of the Gorgie quite easily. Not much help I suppose if you're looking to get in the new stand.

I'm just hoping there's a decent amount available for G Lower.

Excuse my ignorance but who is buying in this phase that is boosting numbers? I was under the impression this was a moving phase for any of the 10,500 who renewed. With 75% uptake on renewals I am guessing some of the 25% who didnt can still now which would boost the numbers but a 2000 - 3000 boost would be taking renewals to 90 - 100%

Can see us selling 2000ish in new season tickets to take us to around 14k

Yeah

Think CJGJ might have meant from now on as in 'this phase'

I agree 14,000 give or take is probably about right

And get up to 16,000 within next 2 or 3 years

gowestjambo

I imagine, if you left it a couple of days, you'd be able to get a move out of the Gorgie quite easily. Not much help I suppose if you're looking to get in the new stand.

I'm just hoping there's a decent amount available for G Lower.

I dont get why there is so little seats remaining in the New Stand. It holds 10,000. Old Stand holds 4,500 plus relocating from Roseburn 1500 (all figures approx0

so where have the other 5,000 gone?? apologies if I am missing something......

Phil Dunphy

I dont get why there is so little seats remaining in the New Stand. It holds 10,000. Old Stand holds 4,500 plus relocating from Roseburn 1500 (all figures approx0

So Lower was a nightmare to get if you want a few together, wanted N but took P instead.

Upper seemed to have a few available seats.

heartsfc_fan

It doesn't hold that much. 7290 figure was quoted.

Old Main plus Roseburn plus hospitality sections plus Director's box plus premium platinum = pretty much a full main stand.

There was something in one of the initial announcements about season tickets stating how many seats would be available in each category etc, which suggested a fair amount was going to hospitality/something else. Can't find that article but it's maybe somewhere near the beginning of this thread.

Quite a few seats have been witheld for premium and hospitality. I think more seats will become free if some people move to premium when they're released. Anyone know when that is..?

black stump

What do you think Tynecastle is: a knocking shop?

Edit to say :  I love a good typo... ;):)

that would shift a few more tickets though!!

Stuart Lyon

from email dated 29/4/17 

we will be in contact in due course to arrange a seat move for season 2017/18.

Now 12:06 and no contact from the club either by email or phone. Not good enough in my view.

fabienleclerq

from email dated 29/4/17 

Now 12:06 and no contact from the club either by email or phone. Not good enough in my view.

Agree it's not been handled the best.

gowestjambo

It doesn't hold that much. 7290 figure was quoted.

That makes more sense. I dont know why I thought it was 10k.

We_are_the_Hearts

from email dated 29/4/17 

It's went downhill since Emily left

from email dated 29/4/17

If you're moving from the Gorgie or Wheatfield the actual period for them moving you has only been open 3 hours.

I'd imagine moves to the main stand are close to, if not completely, oversubscribed. It seems you emailed the club as you were asked to do before the renewals started and going from people who emailed from the Roseburn, the club will have seats assigned to you. The seats might not be great, because the priority groups seem to have taken up most of the availability, but the club will contact you as they said they would.

fabienleclerq

If you're moving from the Gorgie or Wheatfield the actual period for them moving you has only been open 3 hours.

I'd imagine moves to the main stand are close to, if not completely, oversubscribed. It seems you emailed the club as you were asked to do before the renewals started and going from people who emailed from the Roseburn, the club will have seats assigned to you. The seats might not be great, because the priority groups seem to have taken up most of the availability, but the club will contact you as they said they would.

Im in the Roseburn and never recieved an email so just went in and moved, i also emailed about friends in the wheatfield as we wanted to group us together. It's not been well managed, i've got myself moved because i was able to go in. They asked people to email in i assume to make it easier for them but then they haven't been in touch then people not emaling and just rocking up are getting moved first.

Any idea when on Friday it's open up to everyone else ? Looking to get my first season ticket with my son.

Stuart Lyon

JamboJen - appreciate what you are saying. It doesn't help though that the TO are having to handle ticketing for the auction at the same time. Great organisation don't you think.

Been trying since 9am, as well as sending an email...

To say im hacked off would be a mass understatement...

No answer when it rings, most attempts just cut off before it rings...

Very very poor....

It's went downhill since Emily left

When did Emily leave? she was still there at the end of the season

johnnythejambo

Was in ticket office earlier and it's an hour wait. Only 2 serving and most seats in the middle sections are gone apart from a few in the back rows.

fraz the postie

I don't see why people who phone or email should take priority over punters who turn up face to face,real fans.

We_are_the_Hearts

I don't see why people who phone or email should take priority over punters who turn up face to face,real fans.

Aye because everyone lives in Gorgie and is on the dole

mainstandjambo

When did Emily leave? she was still there at the end of the season

I think Emily left last Wednesday.

Sexton Hardcastle

It's been managed terribly.

Hopefully Anne acknowledges that in her next update.

I think Emily left last Wednesday.

That's a shame, was really good at her job and good to deal with

The Treasurer

JamboJen - appreciate what you are saying. It doesn't help though that the TO are having to handle ticketing for the auction at the same time. Great organisation don't you think.

Imagine getting the ticket office to deal with the sale of tickets.

Who comes up with these ideas 

Normally dealing with Season Tickets is relatively smooth, however, with the new stand being built and all the upheaval moving people from other stands it must be a nightmare for the ticket office.

I was p1ssed of when we were offered 4 seats in three different rows when we renewed, however, we managed to get it sorted in the end.

There's still three months until our first home game and although some people won't be able to get their first choice seat, hopefully they can get something acceptable.

ToadKiller Dog

Do we no longer have the phone system which tells you the position in the que and estimated waiting time ?

That's a shame, was really good at her job and good to deal with

My experience too. Think she'd been there for over 10 years.

Hopefully the summer transfer window includes some new additions to the ticket office and shop!

Yeah I totally get that. I think the club has severely underestimated just how many people wanted to renew in and move into the new main stand and have given themselves till little time to get it sorted properly. A shorter initial renewal period and then a short admin period would probably have allowed them to arrange things slightly better, especially since it seems very few seats are even left in the main stand after the Roseburn guys moved over.

Allowayjambo1874

Do we no longer have the phone system which tells you the position in the que and estimated waiting time ?

No you pick your number from the options and then it rings for 3-4 mins then an automatic message says 'we have been unable to connect your call' or something like that and then just disconnects.

It's really poor and very frustrating.

Spent over 3hrs on and off trying to get through on the phone to change seats. The club were quick enough to take my money for an extra seat for my son on the first day of renewal, his seat is no where near mines but I was told not to worry as on 13th June we'd get a seat together in the new stand and just to call up. Well Hearts I've been doing as you say and no bloody answer. I'm now concerned I won't get 2 seats together which has to happen as my son is only 7.

This has been very poorly managed and not thought out enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent over 3hrs on and off trying to get through on the phone to change seats. The club were quick enough to take my money for an extra seat for my son on the first day of renewal, his seat is no where near mines but I was told not to worry as on 13th June we'd get a seat together in the new stand and just to call up. Well Hearts I've been doing as you say and no bloody answer. I'm now concerned I won't get 2 seats together which has to happen as my son is only 7.

This has been very poorly managed and not thought out enough.

How do you mean "an extra seat"? There have been no new purchases yet.

How do you mean "an extra seat"? There have been no new purchases yet.

I've sent you a PM

Went in at 1pm queued for 15 minutes then moved from gorgie to seats right beside mate in wheatfield section a. Took 5 minutes maximum to sort. Overheard others trying to move to new stand but only being offered back row or front 3 rows.

Got my seat changed today.  Moving from Gorgie back to Wheatfield.  Excited!!  

Archived