Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>

Not having a go mate. I was referring to your original post (below) and just clarifying that there was no rush.

Hibs have been putting them on sale early for the past few years due to their cash flow problems (Farmer's ?41,667pm) and are now in that cycle where they need money in early as it's spent earlier.

If we did that I'm sure there would be some conspiracy theories that we're in big trouble and Levein has ran off with all the cash...

'I was just thinking if Hibs had such a rush from fans to buy early because of the uniform pricing structure perhaps we should have tried that as well.

Supposing we had said same price for anywhere in the ground and also made it first come first served. We would probably have shifted a lot more tickets at this stage and the club would have the money in the bank to help the playing budget.

We should consider this approach for next season'.

OK Rudolf no problem.

It was just an idea to release money for the playing budget.

Now I come to think about it a pretty crap idea

Some people want to wake up. Supporters have a perfect right to delay buying season tickets or in fact not buy any- it doesn't make them any less a supporter of the club than the windbags boasting they have bought thier tickets. The reality is that the club that has a settled squad, confident players and manager, and record season ticket sales is Hibs not Hearts and the reason for that is the disgraceful way the club has been run since RN left. Our team moral is rock bottom, majority of support is fed up listening to endless excuses from IC and watching players signed by CL/IC that are not fit to wear a Hearts jersey.

And yes I have renewed but I am far from happy and don't go along with the endless rubbish that IC will somehow come good. Also the one thing I won't do is criticise those who decide to buy walk up tickets rather than season tickets.

The Treasurer

Not starving - delaying so as to make a point, showing displease at the pathetic way the footballing side is being mishandled.

It's widely known that ST money is vital to clubs in order to prepare for the season ahead. Delaying them receiving that ST money is in effect starving the club of much needed funds

The Treasurer

Not saying it is an organized campaign, just that some people are still seething about last season and are at the "feck 'em" stage.

Been there before many times and they almost always sign up for another year at the last minute. There just isn't the enthusiasm right now.

Yet the same people that are saying "feck em" are the same ones jumping up and down demanding new signings.

What do they think the club are going to use to fund these signings

Nookie Bear

Yet the same people that are saying "feck em" are the same ones jumping up and down demanding new signings.

What do they think the club are going to use to fund these signings

I didn't say it was a logical thought-process, and it's only an observation based on speaking to a few folk.

Hpw often do we say "never again", and then find ourselves walking along Gorgie Road the next Saturday? This is just the same and I have no doubt that the vast majority will renew and, if they don't, then they will not have the right to jump and down.

tumblr_md8itjkCgi1rkw0h1o1_500.jpg

Some people want to wake up. Supporters have a perfect right to delay buying season tickets or in fact not buy any- it doesn't make them any less a supporter of the club than the windbags boasting they have bought thier tickets. .

People who do not renew their season tickets are not any less a supporter?  And yet the folk who have renewed are windbags?

:cornette:

Some people want to wake up. Supporters have a perfect right to delay buying season tickets or in fact not buy any- it doesn't make them any less a supporter of the club than the windbags boasting they have bought thier tickets. The reality is that the club that has a settled squad, confident players and manager, and record season ticket sales is Hibs not Hearts and the reason for that is the disgraceful way the club has been run since RN left. Our team moral is rock bottom, majority of support is fed up listening to endless excuses from IC and watching players signed by CL/IC that are not fit to wear a Hearts jersey.

And yes I have renewed but I am far from happy and don't go along with the endless rubbish that IC will somehow come good. Also the one thing I won't do is criticise those who decide to buy walk up tickets rather than season tickets.

A squad that dropped points in almost 50% of their games in a mickey mouse league and a club that don't have record season ticket sales.

A professor you are not. 

Alma Matters

Renewed again in Section A. You can keep your G, N and shiny new stand. Us A'ers know it's the place to be for thrills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will renew today but that awful feeling in my stomach watching us last season and seeing complete no marks wearing our clubs colours is the reason I have dragged my knuckles....

I honestly think there is no major non-renewal chicanery going on. The absence of any early bird prices..I think the club missed a trick here....and a general feeling that there will be plenty time to renew, means the uptake will be good...but gradual.

Without any concrete numbers...again, don't expect many updates....it's all conjecture. I'm usually a glass half full guy...and will renew regardless...but I can understand completely, people having reservations with the same coaching regime in place. We, basically, need to get off to a flyer or people may decide their non-renewal was justified.

.....or maybe we'll sell 15K and can come on here and destroy the detractors !!

Och well thats 2 renewed there just now...

All I ask is a team that fights and is motivated to play in front of fans that deserve so much due to our continued backing above and beyond most other clubs anywhere else....

Players should realise how lucky they are and demonstrate that with desire and application at the very least....

All I ask is a team that fights and is motivated to play in front of fans that deserve so much due to our continued backing above and beyond most other clubs anywhere else....

Players should realise how lucky they are and demonstrate that with desire and application at the very least....

Hear hear.

Escobar PHM

I honestly think there is no major non-renewal chicanery going on. The absence of any early bird prices..I think the club missed a trick here....and a general feeling that there will be plenty time to renew, means the uptake will be good...but gradual.

Without any concrete numbers...again, don't expect many updates....it's all conjecture. I'm usually a glass half full guy...and will renew regardless...but I can understand completely, people having reservations with the same coaching regime in place. We, basically, need to get off to a flyer or people may decide their non-renewal was justified.

.....or maybe we'll sell 15K and can come on here and destroy the detractors !!

There's a group of half a dozen of us holding off for a few reasons.

1. We haven't decided where we want to sit and a couple are prevaricating on that

2. Some are looking for a vast improvement in the recruitment activity

3. Some would prefer Cathro and/or Levein to be gone

4. Almost all are so apathetic to it at the moment but I imagine we'll end up renewing. There might be one who is digging his heels in and seems determined.

So there's 6 of us. 5 of whom will probably renew. 3 of whom ordinarily would have renewed long before now. I guess theres a lot of folk in this school of thought. Most of those will renew I imagine.

The big problem here isn't going to be non renewal. The big problem is selling extra ST's and filling those extra seats. I just don't see us exceeding last year, we'll be lucky to equal it. Unless there is an unforeseen sea change in one or two areas there isn't any danger we're going to sell an extra 2000 or anything close to it.

1. We haven't decided where we want to sit and a couple are prevaricating on that

4. Almost all are so apathetic to it at the moment but I imagine we'll end up renewing. There might be one who is digging his heels in and seems determined.

So there's 6 of us. 5 of whom will probably renew. 3 of whom ordinarily would have renewed long before now. I guess theres a lot of folk in this school of thought. Most of those will renew I imagine.

The big problem here isn't going to be non renewal. The big problem is selling extra ST's and filling those extra seats. I just don't see us exceeding last year, we'll be lucky to equal it. Unless there is an unforeseen sea change in one or two areas there isn't any danger we're going to sell an extra 2000 or anything close to it.

You're spot on, bud.

It's the extra uptake that must be a major worry for the club.

Like you, at the moment, I just can't see it.

We_are_the_Hearts

Last season was complete shite. But you do realise holding off could affect the quality of player we can sign? We need ST sales to be good. Would never knock anyone though after that nonsense last season.

davemclaren

I think that's what we all want.

Diadora Van Basten

I am torn about renewing as my son's football team are moving to Saturday afternoons so I wont be able to attend as many matches.

I do though like my seats so am tempted just to renew anyway.

Escobar PHM

Last season was complete shite. But you do realise holding off could affect the quality of player we can sign? We need ST sales to be good. Would never knock anyone though after that nonsense last season.

Its a case of what comes first though isn't it. The ST sales followed by the players or the player recruitment generating the ST sales.I think a few folk have got loyalty fatique to be honest. If your going to show, as a fan base, this level of loyalty, then it has to be reflected back by the absolute best efforts of the club to get the best most successful team on the park. Appreciate there is a stand to build etc etc and we all subscribe for that and other projects but there isn't any point in having it sat there with 3000 empty seats

hearts @ heart

Obviously not happy with the form and results since Sow left and I hope my ?470 will help towards a good signing which will help the season ticket sales.

Renewed Wheatfield section B this morning. They said sales have picked up and steady although the shop was quiet mid morning.

We_are_the_Hearts

Its a case of what comes first though isn't it. The ST sales followed by the players or the player recruitment generating the ST sales.I think a few folk have got loyalty fatique to be honest. If your going to show, as a fan base, this level of loyalty, then it has to be reflected back by the absolute best efforts of the club to get the best most successful team on the park. Appreciate there is a stand to build etc etc and we all subscribe for that and other projects but there isn't any point in having it sat there with 3000 empty seats

Can't argue with any of that mate. Lots of folk are completely disillusioned with Hearts just now

I hear that, mate, but to counter that slightly, I think only the very optimistic would envisage a scenario of full houses for a lot of Cat B games, even if we were playing better.

16K for those games next season will be decent, imo.

Renewed mid morning too and saw 5 others renew in the 10 mins in the office so agree not busy but steady

Supporters are still supporters even when they don't support! Away and bile yer heid!

Escobar PHM

I hear that, mate, but to counter that slightly, I think only the very optimistic would envisage a scenario of full houses for a lot of Cat B games, even if we were playing better.

16K for those games next season will be decent, imo.

I think a decent Hearts team playing a nice bit of football and pushing hard for second would attract 18k a week and fill for the bigger games. Another poor Hearts team flirting with the bottom six or , god forbid, relegation, would be lucky to maintain 13-14k for very much longer.

It's widely known that ST money is vital to clubs in order to prepare for the season ahead. Delaying them receiving that ST money is in effect starving the club of much needed funds

The club should have thought of that by encouraging early renewal with an early bird price and cut off date no?

Some people want to wake up. Supporters have a perfect right to delay buying season tickets or in fact not buy any- it doesn't make them any less a supporter of the club than the windbags boasting they have bought thier tickets.

Yes

People sitting at home or playing golf are as good supporters as fans who buy tickets and go to games.

I know you said more including walk up tickets

But there's a curious logic there isn't there.

Lucille's Thirsty

I do believe that supporters have the right not to buy a season ticket if they have no intention of every going to see Hearts.

What I don't understand is supporters that are delaying buying one because they want to prove a point to the club,that it's not been good enough,they'll get one later doesn't make sense to me at all

I've bought a season ticket as soon as they came out,I'm in the view that Cathro is just not good enough yet but I'm willing to give him support,it's his first summer and season with the club.

Supporters are still supporters even when they don't support! Away and bile yer heid!

What do you class a supporter?

I mean there is a difference between a supporter and a fan.

JamboBornNBred

This.

What do you class a supporter?

I mean there is a difference between a supporter and a fan.

Ah, that old conundrum again.

Someone who supports the club financially is a supporter in my book.

So a guy in Oz, for example, who gives to FOH....supporter.

A guy walking up twice a season....supporter.

Someone going week in, week out, home and away....supporter.

Anyone who has gave to the club financially at any time in their lives....supporter.

Covers quite a lot of people !

Ah, that old conundrum again.

Someone who supports the club financially is a supporter in my book.

So a guy in Oz, for example, who gives to FOH....supporter.

A guy walking up twice a season....supporter.

Someone going week in, week out, home and away....supporter.

Anyone who has gave to the club financially at any time in their lives....supporter.

Covers quite a lot of people !

I agree. Anyone that gives anything is technically a supporter. Whether it be a season ticket or a scarf from the shop.

I agree. Anyone that gives anything is technically a supporter. Whether it be a season ticket or a scarf from the shop.

Some of the roasters on this forum who want Cathro to fail and him and Levein sacked are not supporters in my book!

Just left Tynie. That's another three renewed. Was maybe six or seven in the queue before me? By the time I left, another three behind me? Quite steady.

By the way, for the fat gits oot there, there's a rack of 15/16 home and away tops in the shop. XL/XXL/3XL. Long and short sleeves. ?5 a pop.

Some of the roasters on this forum who want Cathro to fail and him and Levein sacked are not supporters in my book!

Where as some of the other roasters that are happy to see us lose in the hope we might come good even though there is no evidence to suggest we will are not supporters in my book :2thumbs:

Where as some of the other roasters that are happy to see us lose in the hope we might come good even though there is no evidence to suggest we will are not supporters in my book :2thumbs:

I can't remember ever reading a post where the poster wanted us to lose in the hope we might come good! If you could point one out that would be grand.

I can't remember ever reading a post where the poster wanted us to lose in the hope we might come good! If you could point one out that would be grand.

Equally I can't remember reading a post on here from anyone saying they want Cathro to fail.

Equally I can't remember reading a post on here from anyone saying they want Cathro to fail.

That is just crazy talk [emoji1]

bauld willie

Other than certain media pundits, I know of no one who wanted him to fail. I'm afraid Cathro has managed to do that all by himself. As for Levein, he started this experiment, so his future may also depend on the success of Cathro.

They could come good of course, although you don't normally get a second chance in football.

Club still keeping quiet about the season ticket sales...hmmm

There will be thousands of empty seats to choose from. Lots of us will pick and choose if we fancy it.

That doesn't even make sense.

Better go back to being Rudi-Mental he made more sense.

jambomjm74

2 season tickets renewed and waiting for 2 weeks for another new one to join us. A great feeling buying a ticket for the new stand!

There will be thousands of empty seats to choose from. Lots of us will pick and choose if we fancy it.

You seem very happy at that prospect.

Wonder why ?

They will be rolling off the shelves after the signing of Cole Stockton.

Archived