Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Would be interesting to know the current figure. I would imagine it will be low. Will need more than Berra to convince a lot of on the fencers this thing is going to move forwards again

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Treasurer

On the first point it is not as easy as it should be. See the Arsenal example I quoted. One email with the individual ST holders specific details.

With Hearts I have to go to the website, click Tickets, Tick Season Ticket from the awkward drop down menu, , and then click to get to Ann's three page message and the "marketing" stuff. Ann 's message is that change is "teh" norm  but it is all about taking advantage of the opportunities.  Nothing to suggest that perhaps, just perhaps, not the best advantage was taken, and apparently the season will be remembered for "change". Ann was happy to tell us we were once "flying high" and that we had "everything to play for" going into the post-split fixtures, but no hint that maybe things did not go as well as hoped on the pitch. Nothing about everyone's determination to improve performances and results.  Then into the marketing stuff - we will have the "largest glass curtain wall in  Scotland" and all of that.

So after those three pages you have to click another link and download a pdf file which contains a huge wodge of text in 8 long sections, page after page with no summary. If you are affected by the changes in pricing category in some areas you have to find the stadium diagram and relate your seat to the pricing details.

Questions not surprisingly are still being asked regularly on here about the process.

I don't see my comments as "negative". I have suggested an alternative.

In the time it took to type this load of drivel you could have renewed AND sent a letter of complaint that you were upset that no-one called you to apoligise for a shite season.

You're quick to complain about the lack of communication and then when AB does communicate, you complain about a "wodge of text"

I'll be renewing but from my point of view there is absolutely no rush to do so and I'll basically do it ehenever I can be arsed whether that's this week or next...or the next. :)

Bungalow Bill

In the time it took to type this load of drivel you could have renewed AND sent a letter of complaint that you were upset that no-one called you to apoligise for a shite season.

You're quick to complain about the lack of communication and then when AB does communicate, you complain about a "wodge of text"

Complains about a 'wodge of text' with a 'wodge of text'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Treasurer

Agree with you here, FA. 

The lack of acknowledgement from the club, the players and the management that it's simply not been good enough is shocking. We are customers at the end of the day. The silence from Mr Levein on his footballing department is deafening. 

I'm in the same boat in that I've renewed but mainly because we are in the main stand and wanted to ensure we were all together. If it weren't for that, I would provably have delayed and done it in August as a show of defiance against the club for the past six months on the park.

Maybe you don't read the press or watch TV but every interview I've seen has acknowledged that we, as a club, have under performed.

Not sure what Levein coming out and saying more of the same would actually achieve.

Personally I'd rather he was working behind the scenes to bring in more players of the calibre of Berra instead of issuing statements telling us what is obvious to anyone who has watched us over the last 6 months

gowestjambo

It should surprise no one if ticket sales are slow. Indeed perhaps the lethargy of the team has affected the fans in the same manner!!

Francis Albert

Maybe you don't read the press or watch TV but every interview I've seen has acknowledged that we, as a club, have under performed.

Not sure what Levein coming out and saying more of the same would actually achieve.

Personally I'd rather he was working behind the scenes to bring in more players of the calibre of Berra instead of issuing statements telling us what is obvious to anyone who has watched us over the last 6 months

Most of what I get is from links on here. After every game I read Cathro talking about the "positives" he has seen. I have read Ann expressing pleasure that we clinched a top six place. I read  her season ticket pitch which talks about the opportunites we have to grasp from "change" (many of the changes of our own choice) and says nothing about or ambitions for next season on the pitch. I read Cathro repeating again and again that he will never lose faith in his abilities, as if we should really care about his faith in his abilities,

But we will have the biggest glass curtain wall in Scotland.

Perhaps a slight change to the wording of the Hearts song is called for to reflect current priorities.

"Though some say that Ibrox and Parkhead are grand

Our big curtain wall is the best in the land".

John Findlay

Begging forgiveness for the last six months would be good. Arsenal sent out their renewal notice the day after they failed to qualify for the CL and the first line was an acknowledgement of the great disappointment that that failure represented. They also reduced prices to reflect that failure.The last I heard from Hearts on last season's performances was that "we still have everything to play for" and that Cathro will never lose faith in his ability.

I have renewed but it is in spite of not because of the club's "marketing".[/quote

I'm a Hearts supporter. I don't need club marketing renew. I'll let you work it out.

Just renewed a few hours ago. A steady stream of people renewing at the same time.

Loads of merchandise available at knock down prices.

Some animal (not alive) at the front door, where you can donate money towards the main stand.

The Treasurer

Most of what I get is from links on here. After every game I read Cathro talking about the "positives" he has seen. I have read Ann expressing pleasure that we clinched a top six place. I read  her season ticket pitch which talks about the opportunites we have to grasp from "change" (many of the changes of our own choice) and says nothing about or ambitions for next season on the pitch. I read Cathro repeating again and again that he will never lose faith in his abilities, as if we should really care about his faith in his abilities,

But we will have the biggest glass curtain wall in Scotland.

Perhaps a slight change to the wording of the Hearts song is called for to reflect current priorities.

"Though some say that Ibrox and Parkhead are grand

Our big curtain wall is the best in the land".

The sad thing is I bet you're so proud of that really clever bit of poetry  :uhoh2:

If, as you say, you get most links from here, I'm pretty sure that there are one's from any number of players and indeed the manager, stating that what we have witnessed on the pitch is unacceptable.

Like it or not, the construction of the new stand is big news.

3 renewed today and  3 new smart cards issued

Dscf2644.jpg

NB not all come with a reflection of my hand and camera on them :uhoh2:

norrie1952

Myself and my daughter are renewing in the Wheatfield for our 13th year in the same seats.Wouldnt change cos we have made so many friends in these years. Hhgh

socrates82

Agree with you here, FA. 

The lack of acknowledgement from the club, the players and the management that it's simply not been good enough is shocking. We are customers at the end of the day. The silence from Mr Levein on his footballing department is deafening. 

I'm in the same boat in that I've renewed but mainly because we are in the main stand and wanted to ensure we were all together. If it weren't for that, I would provably have delayed and done it in August as a show of defiance against the club for the past six months on the park.

I think getting rid of 7 or so players immediately the season ended, on top of the 4 or 5 binned or sent on loan in January suggests the club knows fine well it's not been good enough.

The signing of Berra (and Goncalves) is also a clear sign that they're not willing to stand still. And Cathro if anything changed things too much too soon. 

My worry is that fans seem to have forgotten that new players need bedding in time and new teams take time to gel. Hope they remember in time for next season.

So the club is deliberately taking a low key approach to selling STs to avoid queues at the Ticket Office? Given its efforts to raise relatively trivial sums from auctions, raffles, scarves and family fun days that doesn't strike me as very likely. And why does the new stand have such a big impact on the Ticket Office?. My understanding is existing ST holders are allocated a seat and can move in June. For some reason the club seems to have decided to allow people to move their allocated seat now but that's the club's choice.

In the meantime the main story on the web site is that Ian Cathro is already preparing for the new season, repeating that nothing can shake his faith in his ability, and stating that signing new players is not the big thing, and that the main thing is developing a blend of existing youth and experience, despite only introducing new youth in the last game. Well perhaps they aren't that bothered about selling STs if they don't realise how negative a message that is for many fans

Ive had several emails about ST renewals, first one was 26th April. The ST renewal is also a stickie in the clubs Facebook and Twitter page. Plenty info around unless you're looking for where it's not mentioned!

I'm sure Hearts fans who believe their money has been wasted by Levein & Cathro probably think that if they give them more the they will waste that too. Money going into Ann Budges development if the club is fabulous but giving our hard earned cash to people you have no confidence in maybe is a step too far.

socrates82

On the first point it is not as easy as it should be. See the Arsenal example I quoted. One email with the individual ST holders specific details.

With Hearts I have to go to the website, click Tickets, Tick Season Ticket from the awkward drop down menu, , and then click to get to Ann's three page message and the "marketing" stuff. Ann 's message is that change is "teh" norm  but it is all about taking advantage of the opportunities.  Nothing to suggest that perhaps, just perhaps, not the best advantage was taken, and apparently the season will be remembered for "change". Ann was happy to tell us we were once "flying high" and that we had "everything to play for" going into the post-split fixtures, but no hint that maybe things did not go as well as hoped on the pitch. Nothing about everyone's determination to improve performances and results.  Then into the marketing stuff - we will have the "largest glass curtain wall in  Scotland" and all of that.

So after those three pages you have to click another link and download a pdf file which contains a huge wodge of text in 8 long sections, page after page with no summary. If you are affected by the changes in pricing category in some areas you have to find the stadium diagram and relate your seat to the pricing details.

Questions not surprisingly are still being asked regularly on here about the process.

I don't see my comments as "negative". I have suggested an alternative.

Spoken like a grandpa discovering the internet for the first time. I got to the ST info by googling "Hearts season tickets" - people use Google to find info on websites as much as navigation menus these days - clicking on the link at http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/tickets/season and scrolling past the stuff I wasn't interested in straight to the prices and purchase info. Took about 5 seconds. But seriously, email your website feedback to the club. I'm sure they'll pass it on. My main criticism is the ST microsite isn't mobile friendly.

socrates82

I'm sure Hearts fans who believe their money has been wasted by Levein & Cathro probably think that if they give them more the they will waste that too. Money going into Ann Budges development if the club is fabulous but giving our hard earned cash to people you have no confidence in maybe is a step too far.

Waste it on terrible signings like Berra or trying to capture Niall McGinn?

Francis Albert

Begging forgiveness for the last six months would be good. Arsenal sent out their renewal notice the day after they failed to qualify for the CL and the first line was an acknowledgement of the great disappointment that that failure represented. They also reduced prices to reflect that failure.The last I heard from Hearts on last season's performances was that "we still have everything to play for" and that Cathro will never lose faith in his ability.

I have renewed but it is in spite of not because of the club's "marketing".[/quote

I'm a Hearts supporter. I don't need club marketing renew. I'll let you work it out.

I am a Hearts supporter too and as I said in the post you quoted I don't need club marketing to renew.

Have I worked that out right or was there some other point?

I will admit to being on the swither....however I'll buy by the weekend...count me in for another season. My bro and mate will also renew.

Francis Albert

Ive had several emails about ST renewals, first one was 26th April. The ST renewal is also a stickie in the clubs Facebook and Twitter page. Plenty info around unless you're looking for where it's not mentioned!

Having just checked my new email, and old, weirdly the first and only email I have received was at about 11 am this morning, reminding me of the key dates.

By no means everyone uses Facebook and Twitter.

Having just checked my new email, and old, weirdly the first and only email I have received was at about 11 am this morning, reminding me of the key dates.

By no means everyone uses Facebook and Twitter.

Yep I got one around 11am too and this one...4d4263f802ae032ece975acf8b52728a.jpgNot everyone uses Facebook and Twitter or listens to radio or reads newspapers or looks at webpages or JKB. The information is everywhere, just not personal enough for some. But you bash in with your "no communication" BS!

Francis Albert

Yep I got one around 11am too and this one...4d4263f802ae032ece975acf8b52728a.jpgNot everyone uses Facebook and Twitter or listens to radio or reads newspapers or looks at webpages or JKB. The information is everywhere, just not personal enough for some. But you bash in with your "no communication" BS!

I wasn't doubting you. I assume your reply means you doubt me.

I wasn't doubting you. I assume your reply means you doubt me.

I couldn't care either way if you've received the email or if you doubted me.

Hearts did email ST holders - Fact.

The email was way before ST sales commenced - Fact

The ST renewal information is available on various platforms - Fact

You complain that Hearts have not contacted you individually - Fact

Hearts contacted you individually - Fact

You look for the negative in everything, even when there is plenty info about ST and you have been included in it!

Francis Albert

I couldn't care either way if you've received the email or if you doubted me.

Hearts did email ST holders - Fact.

The email was way before ST sales commenced - Fact

The ST renewal information is available on various platforms - Fact

You complain that Hearts have not contacted you individually - Fact

Hearts contacted you individually - Fact

You look for the negative in everything, even when there is plenty info about ST and you have been included in it!

The only "individual" contact I have had from Hearts was this morning's email.  Fact.

But fine, you are happy with the club's communication and marketing of ST sales. Fact.

The only "individual" contact I have had from Hearts was this morning's email. Fact.

But fine, you are happy with the club's communication and marketing of ST sales. Fact.

But you still chose to keep the "no communication" line going! You really do choose to see a negative in everything.

I don't recall saying I was happy with the clubs communication!

PS I don't believe you didn't get the 26 April email [emoji6]

Dalstonjambo

When you are out renewing your season ticket perhaps get someone to take a look at that stuck record? Must you discuss how annoyed you are on every thread? It's becoming as tiresome as hearing cathro discuss 'positives'.

On the subject of the thread, my old man renewed our tickets today. That's another season of 7.30am meetings at Kings cross for us.

But you still chose to keep the "no communication" line going! You really do choose to see a negative in everything.

I don't recall saying I was happy with the clubs communication!

PS I don't believe you didn't get the 26 April email [emoji6]

I love Hearts. I try and be positive. But I never received an email on season tickets before today.

bauld willie

My worry is that fans seem to have forgotten that new players need bedding in time and new teams take time to gel. Hope they remember in time for next season.

If you are not constantly making excuses for the current management regime over this seasons absolute shambles, I note you have already started making up excuses for next season.

Unless Cathro is sacked to encourage season ticket sales, any new players will have a close season to gel and get it right under tutelage of our historically worst ever manager.

No more excuses please.

I love Hearts. I try and be positive. But I never received an email on season tickets before today.

Seems bizarre that some have received emails in April and others haven't. (Don't doubt you haven't received it, just doubt everything that tedious bore says on here [emoji1])

jambopilms

You can't moan about the quality of the new signings if your not renewing because of cathro. If he does get the boot do we want the next manager to be left with a good quality squad or more short term cheap out of contract mercenaries. Ticket sales directly affects the team budget and it doesn't get rid of levein or anyone else quicker.

My main criticism is the ST microsite isn't mobile friendly.

Agree with this, actually. I ended up going straight to eticketing instead and checking it all there before taking my cash down to the TO.

Seems bizarre that some have received emails in April and others haven't. (Don't doubt you haven't received it, just doubt everything that tedious bore says on here [emoji1])

fair enough!makes no difference to whether I renew or not anyway

My first email was also today and I immediately assumed FA had been on to the club :D but it seems there was an earlier mail that definitely missed a considerable number of fans.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If you are not constantly making excuses for the current management regime over this seasons absolute shambles, I note you have already started making up excuses for next season.

Unless Cathro is sacked to encourage season ticket sales, any new players will have a close season to gel and get it right under tutelage of our historically worst ever manager.

No more excuses please.

Except it's a fact not an excuse

Gorgie_Rules

Someone should do a poll to gauge how things are going. Renewed, Renewing Soon, Undecided, Not Renewing

I am not sure we will reach the 13,500 of last year unfortunately, however 13,000 should be the minimum target.

Elias Henry Furst

My first email regarding season tickets was also this morning.

Usually also had a pack through the post by now have we not?

My first email regarding season tickets was also this morning.

Usually also had a pack through the post by now have we not?

A pack ?

Old school, mate !

Renewals up to 6th June....then changing seats etc for a period of time

New season ticket requests from 16th June

Fort Vallance

Gutted that although tickets are now under 13 rather than under 12, because they have my grandsons dob, and it seems because it's when the season starts rather than when you buy this ticket he's classed as under 16. Renew this week, not 13 until late July but going from ?55 to ?175.

Folk that are deciding not to renew because of a bad second half of the season are just looking for excuses IMO.

Going on about marketing, etc.

This is the renewal period. Current ST holders shouldn't need the club to talk them into renewing, it should just be the thing to do.

We all want better players at the club, but we will never have these higher calibre players if sales are down.

A lot of people cutting their noses off to spite their face.

Get renewing. We have so much to look forward to with the stadium next season, let's have a team on the park our club deserves, and that will only happen if the fans back it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

stirlingshirejambo

Renewed this morning

bought one for my student son who only made a handful of games due to University life being more appealing than Tynecastle god forbid

However he will still come to odd games and will thank me in a couple of years when he can still sit beside his old man when he goes out into the real world and realises Hearts will always have a place in his life, sometimes more sometimes less but will always be there

Renewed in Roseburn but have an e mail from the excellent ticket office to confirm I have a seat in the main stand waiting for us come the 7th June to move to

Cannot wait

Renewed this morning

bought one for my student son who only made a handful of games due to University life being more appealing than Tynecastle god forbid

However he will still come to odd games and will thank me in a couple of years when he can still sit beside his old man when he goes out into the real world and realises Hearts will always have a place in his life, sometimes more sometimes less but will always be there

Renewed in Roseburn but have an e mail from the excellent ticket office to confirm I have a seat in the main stand waiting for us come the 7th June to move to

Cannot wait

I thought "new" season tickets could only be bought from 16th June  ???

3.4 Period 4: Fans wishing to purchase new season tickets. From 16th June

All remaining seats will go on general sale.

Francis Albert

Folk that are deciding not to renew because of a bad second half of the season are just looking for excuses IMO.

This is the renewal period. Current ST holders shouldn't need the club to talk them into renewing, it should just be the thing to do.

We all want better players at the club, but we will never have these higher calibre players if sales are down.

Get renewing. We have so much to look forward to with the stadium next season, let's have a team on the park our club deserves, and that will only happen if the fans back it.

Most if not all of those who have been "going on about marketing" have said they have renewed, so it is not about making an excuse or cutting off noses. It is just a recognition that some people may in the current circumstances need some encouragement and that in any event it should always be made as easy possible for them.

I note that your last sentence  seems to acknowledge a need for a bit of encouragement! I think it would work better without criticising, in the terms you use, those who may be hesitating. Hearts have no God-given right to sell STs in the current numbers.

I thought "new" season tickets could only be bought from 16th June  ???

3.4 Period 4: Fans wishing to purchase new season tickets. From 16th June

All remaining seats will go on general sale.

I think that still stands - but we've added one to our party, and it seems that the ticket office can allocate an available seat next to an existing season ticket holder which will be kept for you to 'officially' purchase from 16th June.

Brave Hearts

Spot on

Too many pernickety folk wanting everything to be perfect all the time.

Always looking for mistakes, too eager and very quick to criticise.

Just now seem to be looking for excuses and reasons not to commit to following us next season.

Being a Jambo means thing are not perfect most of the time.

So if you are looking for everything to be perfect for you to renew season ticket, well it ain't gonna happen.

Get behind our club and demonstrate your support for us.

Archived