Players we should be looking at in the summer

Tynecastlesmychurch

Finlay James

Edwards does look decent.

Doolan and Lawless at Partick have always looked decent as do Crawford and Devlin at Hamilton along with Boyce at County and Moult at Motherwell

Draper is effective at SPL level also.

Not a pop at you because I agree but I remember the outcry when Mcglynn considered signing Doolan a few years ago. Just goes to show that JKB is not always correct.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a pop at you because I agree but I remember the outcry when Mcglynn considered signing Doolan a few years ago. Just goes to show that JKB is not always correct.

Hasn't appreciate McGlynn contemplated Doolan

Very under rated imo. Far more effective than Johnsen for example

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Is JKB ever correct?

Boyce scores twice again tonight - get the chequebook oot Ann !

Make that 4 ! Get the chequebook oot Ann !

Ricardo Shillyshally

First name we should sign up is Jamie Walker

If he doesn't sign a new deal by the beginning of next season we should actively look to sell him, come next January he can sign a pre contract with anyone and would be shafted yet again

This should be a matter of priority

Would need him to agree to that and for us to pay more than the current wage cap

We need to get Boyce signed, his goalscoring record speaks for itself.

Its insane. We need to get him before someone down south decides to roll the dice on him.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Would need him to agree to that and for us to pay more than the current wage cap

We could use our left-back fund which would cover it

Cruyff Turn

Its insane. We need to get him before someone down south decides to roll the dice on him.

21 goals and 5 assists this season in 33 games, equal with Sinclair for top goalscorer. 20 in 42 last season.

Ricardo Shillyshally

We could use our left-back fund which would cover it

We'll need that......for a new left back

Should be looking at Efe Ambrose personally, won't be a popular opinion but even though he does have some dodgy moments would walk into any spl team bar Celtic

Should be looking at Efe Ambrose personally, won't be a popular opinion but even though he does have some dodgy moments would walk into any spl team bar Celtic

That's not a bad call.  Can play FB or CD and would definitely be an upgrade on what we have.  May not be popular but signing Mahe from Celtic did not work out too badly.

Clerry Jambo

Lennon looking to keep him

21 goals and 5 assists this season in 33 games, equal with Sinclair for top goalscorer. 20 in 42 last season.

Wouldn't score that many with us, unless we have wingers who will fire in good quality crosses rather than cut in every time

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looked woeful last week

rudi must stay

The dodgy moments are the reason I wouldn't sign him. They're always in big games, even Vs Aberdeen I thought he looked like he had a mistake in him

IveSeenTheLight

He's played a bulk of games in midfield this year too

Cruyff Turn

Another 2 goals for Mallan today.

Yep, O'Hara at Dundee scored 2 today also. Both players we should be looking at.

Captain Canada

There are lots of good young Scottish players we should be considering. Signing guys like Oshinawa and Rherras are too much of a gamble. We desperately need a settled defence next season.

Ryan jack going to some MLS team

Most Aberdeen fans just see this as a why for him to go to the Huns without going straight from AFC on a free. Not sure it'll happen. As an aberdeen fan I'd like to keep him but I'm also sure we can replace him relatively easily, and it would allow for Shinnie to fianlly be our captain!

Steven Dobbie. 25 goals for qos. Proven goal scorer.

Yes he would be a good pal for Hughes in the OAP club. The guy is nearly 35, hardly one for the future.

Why did we not have Currie on the bench yesterday who was just back from scoring a hat trick against Aberdeen for the under 20's? He may have been injured but it seemed a strange one.

Jambof3tornado

Yes he would be a good pal for Hughes in the OAP club. The guy is nearly 35, hardly one for the future.

Why did we not have Currie on the bench yesterday who was just back from scoring a hat trick against Aberdeen for the under 20's? He may have been injured but it seemed a strange one.

Had hoped currie would start!!

BonningtonJambo

Another 2 goals for Mallan today.

Love to see us move for mallan and sibbald always rated they 2

Love to see us move for mallan and sibbald always rated they 2

How many times have you seen them play 90 mins??

Phil Dunphy

Craig Sibbald, Stefan Scougall and Marley Watkins are apparently all out of contract in the summer.

Three players I reckon would improve us.

Clerry Jambo

Craig Sibbald, Stefan Scougall and Marley Watkins are apparently all out of contract in the summer.

Wouldn't disagree Phil, but after the back 3 he picked yesterday, I think defenders need to be our priority!!

Phil Dunphy

Wouldn't disagree Phil, but after the back 3 he picked yesterday, I think defenders need to be our priority!!

I'd say a massive overhaul is needed in general.

Another forward and some midfield options are just as crucial for me. But you're right in saying we need a strong back 4.

I'd say a massive overhaul is needed in general.

Another forward and some midfield options are just as crucial for me. But you're right in saying we need a strong back 4.

A massive overhaul yes, but we had a massive overhaul in January and he still doesn't have a settled back four or even starting 11.

Good shout re each.

Watkins is very quick and we're very devoid of pace

Phil Dunphy

A massive overhaul yes, but we had a massive overhaul in January and he still doesn't have a settled back four or even starting 11.

Most of the players we've brought in have been failures, whether or not that's down to the length of contracts or us signing players who aren't right for the kind of football you play here, I don't know.

Big fan of Sibbald and reckon we need to quick to scoop him up. I don't really know much about Scougall - attacking mid, used to play for Livi? I remember Watkins at ICT and he looked a solid player with good pace, seems to be finding the net often at Barnsley.

Jambof3tornado

Back 3 picked but injuries to hughes soapy and Paterson forced the cathro hand!

One out of left field, Steven Dobbie from QoS, 27 goals in an average side, has in the last 5 years scored goals in the premiership for Swansea, Crystal Palace and Blackpool, he's not a youngster but would be guaranteed to get goals in the SPFL for a couple of years.

I'm sure he has a one year deal at Queens, and apparently a number of SPFL clubs including Aberdeen and Hibs are interested, we could do a lot worse

Edwards does look decent.

Doolan and Lawless at Partick have always looked decent as do Crawford and Devlin at Hamilton along with Boyce at County and Moult at Motherwell

Draper is effective at SPL level also.

Based on yesterday's performance would you sign the Partick players?

Doolan is contracted until 2019 and Edwards until 2018 so the fees might be a problem.  Did Lawless not have a gambling issue resulting in suspension?  If you think we'd still be happy to sign him I think he is free in May.

Cerny is often mooted on here.  He too would cost a fee.

Jambof3tornado

Doolan is contracted until 2019 and Edwards until 2018 so the fees might be a problem. Did Lawless not have a gambling issue resulting in suspension? If you think we'd still be happy to sign him I think he is free in May.

Cerny is often mooted on here. He too would cost a fee.

Players that know the league already dont always work, sutton and swanson just didnt fit in for whatever reasons.

An interesting summer awaits us.

Doolan is contracted until 2019 and Edwards until 2018 so the fees might be a problem. Did Lawless not have a gambling issue resulting in suspension? If you think we'd still be happy to sign him I think he is free in May.

Cerny is often mooted on here. He too would cost a fee.

Wasn't at the game yesterday as overseas on holiday. Friend used my ST so unfortunately I didn't release my ticket and therefore deprived club of much needed revenue

I've always thought Lawless was a clever little player. Reminds me of Ksanevicous. Doolan is a clever striker and goalscorer at this level. Neither probably long term solutions but both probably are better shorter term solutions than we've managed to assemble.

I'm sure a long list of Dutch send division players is being examined via YouTube by powers that be

rudi must stay

Wasn't at the game yesterday as overseas on holiday. Friend used my ST so unfortunately I didn't release my ticket and therefore deprived club of much needed revenue

I've always thought Lawless was a clever little player. Reminds me of Ksanevicous. Doolan is a clever striker and goalscorer at this level. Neither probably long term solutions but both probably are better shorter term solutions than we've managed to assemble.

I'm sure a long list of Dutch send division players is being examined via YouTube by powers that be

Not sure either could handle playing for Hearts. But Edwards definitely could, he'd be a great signing

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We should start with Cerny the Patrick goalie. Had a great game today. Experienced? & reliable

One of the criticism of Jack is his kicking. Cerny was worse than Hamilton

rudi must stay

One of the criticism of Jack is his kicking. Cerny was worse than Hamilton

Cerny also has alot of poor games in a season. I was surprised how well he played yesterday, but he doesn't usually have games like that

Archived