Players we should be looking at in the summer

Tynecastlesmychurch

Just seen Mallan's goal he scored yesterday he's definitely a player we should be looking to bring to the club

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Internet

I don't really watch enough Scottish football to form a real opinion but no one apart from Boyce really stands out to me. What's Greg Kiltie's situation like just now? He been injured this season? Could be a Nicholson replacement. From the lower leagues Sibbald feels a bit 'meh' to me still. Mallan and Lewis Morgan seem quite good though.

Cerny also has alot of poor games in a season. I was surprised how well he played yesterday, but he doesn't usually have games like that

He should have done better with our penalty.

Jambof3tornado

I don't really watch enough Scottish football to form a real opinion but no one apart from Boyce really stands out to me. What's Greg Kiltie's situation like just now? He been injured this season? Could be a Nicholson replacement. From the lower leagues Sibbald feels a bit 'meh' to me still. Mallan and Lewis Morgan seem quite good though.

The fact nobody else has taken a chance on sibbald is all that worries me but I'd still take a punt on him if the price was right.

rudi must stay

He even went the right way for the penalty. Some incredible saves, but I've heard his shot stopping is at times a weakness and earlier on in the season he should have stopped Tony Watt's goal

Bazzas right boot

Boyce, Shalke.

GMS, Christie

Mallan, Sibald

Jackand McGnn would improve us

O Hallaron would give us pace.

Need to spend some money here, but all of a good age, most proven at SPL level and give us width, drive  pace and goals from midfield upward. Basically what we are missing.

Bin Sammon, Reilly,

Sowah, Tziolos, Avelontis, , Chouley, King, Sam and Paterson, Rherras will all leave.

I'd punt Novak and  sell Djoum if possible ( only if being replaced with guys from above)

Hopefully Osh can be punted as well.

Give walker a new contract sign the above plus another centre half  and full back, jobs a good one. If a keeper came  up I'd go for  that as well.

Jambof3tornado

Boyce, Shalke.

GMS, Christie

Mallan, Sibald

Jackand McGnn would improve us

O Hallaron would give us pace.

Need to spend some money here, but all of a good age, most proven at SPL level and give us width, drive pace and goals from midfield upward. Basically what we are missing.

Bin Sammon, Reilly,

Sowah, Tziolos, Avelontis, , Chouley, King, Sam and Paterson, Rherras will all leave.

I'd punt Novak and sell Djoum if possible ( only if being replaced with guys from above)

Hopefully Osh can be punted as well.

Give walker a new contract sign the above plus another centre half and full back, jobs a good one. If a keeper came up I'd go for that as well.

If we sign the 9 you mention I will let you plough my 17 year old daughter.

Ps. I dont have a daughter so good luck with my 20 year old 6ft plus son!!

Not convinced about Cesny but hey ho.

Maybe with Cathro's connections we can get a loan keeper from Newcastle who have 5 decent custodians.

Sels, Elliott, Krul, Darlow and Woodman (currently on loan to Killie)

Jambof3tornado

Not convinced about Cesny but hey ho.

Maybe with Cathro's connections we can get a loan keeper from Newcastle who have 5 decent custodians.

Sels, Elliott, Krul, Darlow and Woodman (currently on loan to Killie)

I'd rather persist with Jack or bring in real competition than get a loan keeper in. I assume a couple of the names you mentioned are younger so maybe one of them with an option to buy.

I'd rather persist with Jack or bring in real competition than get a loan keeper in. I assume a couple of the names you mentioned are younger so maybe one of them with an option to buy.

Woodman would be a cracking signing. Very highly rated at Newcastle & in the England youth setup. Would say unlikely, but Cathro connection could give a chance.

Wasn't at the game yesterday as overseas on holiday. Friend used my ST so unfortunately I didn't release my ticket and therefore deprived club of much needed revenue

I've always thought Lawless was a clever little player. Reminds me of Ksanevicous. Doolan is a clever striker and goalscorer at this level. Neither probably long term solutions but both probably are better shorter term solutions than we've managed to assemble.

I'm sure a long list of Dutch send division players is being examined via YouTube by powers that be

So you want a player with possible gambling issues and one who would cost us money as short term solutions. 

Not particularly young, mid 20s and older apart from Woodman who is 20

Bazzas right boot

If we sign the 9 you mention I will let you plough my 17 year old daughter.

Ps. I dont have a daughter so good luck with my 20 year old 6ft plus son!!

6ft you say, does he have big hands?

Even 4/ 5 of that list would along with Souttar, Hughes, Kitchen and Goncalves would give us a very healthy spine and balance.

nb, if we got Jack he'd probably replace Kitchen

I left out Hamilton as still not sure he's a no1 for a club with aspirations of third or even 2nd.

Jambof3tornado

6ft you say, does he have big hands?

Even 4/ 5 of that list would along with Souttar, Hughes, Kitchen and Goncalves would give us a very healthy spine and balance.

nb, if we got Jack he'd probably replace Kitchen

I left out Hamilton as still not sure he's a no1 for a club with aspirations of third or even 2nd.

Cowie has a big part to play next season too.

jamboinglasgow

One thing I think it is important, is that the management team know what style and way they expect to play next season and then sign the players to fit that, rather than sign players first then try to somehow fit the players into place. Too often we sign a player just because he is doing well in Scottish football only football only to find he does not fit the way we play. Classic example of this is Sutton. 

Jambof3tornado

One thing I think it is important, is that the management team know what style and way they expect to play next season and then sign the players to fit that, rather than sign players first then try to somehow fit the players into place. Too often we sign a player just because he is doing well in Scottish football only football only to find he does not fit the way we play. Classic example of this is Sutton.

Makes it important to go and get the players we really want early on.

Hope thats the case.

But I thought the ethos was to have created a style of play which was uniformed from the kids teams through to the first team?! Are you saying that 3 years into this experiment that still isn't implemented! Wow. And here was I thinking they knew what they were doing and aren't just making shit up on the fly as they go along.

What a complete shambles.

So you want a player with possible gambling issues and one who would cost us money as short term solutions.

You're right

Let's stick with Martin on a 42 month contract and Rherras and Sammon with another 2 years and the wonderful Oshinawa with a further year

:thumbsup:

The Internet

But I thought the ethos was to have created a style of play which was uniformed from the kids teams through to the first team?! Are you saying that 3 years into this experiment that still isn't implemented! Wow. And here was I thinking they knew what they were doing and aren't just making shit up on the fly as they go along.

3 years definitely isn't long enough to implement that fully in a way that works tbh. It's unlikely to ever work, let alone in 3 years.

3 years definitely isn't long enough to implement that fully in a way that works tbh. It's unlikely to ever work, let alone in 3 years.

The point is nothing is being implemented. We are winging the whole thing and pretending that we have these fanciful plans in place. Pure fantasyland stuff. Football is a simple game made complicated by the likes of the fools we have in charge of our football setup.

jamboinglasgow

er...what?

I was just saying that you should recruit to fit the style of play rather than sign the players then create the style.

But you twisted my words so you can have a rant, calm down.

er...what?

I was just saying that you should recruit to fit the style of play rather than sign the players then create the style.

But you twisted my words so you can have a rant, calm down.

And my point is there is no style of play. We are winging the whole thing as evidenced again yesterday. 

jamboinglasgow

And my point is there is no style of play. We are winging the whole thing as evidenced again yesterday. 

No you implied it from my words. Which were not said.

And dont confuse style of play not being successfully implemented with no style.

Bazzas right boot

There is no style of play. We are winging it. The end.

winging it is a style of play, although I don't think we use the wings enough tbh.

jamboinglasgow

winging it is a style of play, although I don't think we use the wings enough tbh.

I just dont understand the "we have no style of play" line, watched the matched yesterday. We kept possession, looked to get the balls down the wing to cross it in. Thats a style of play. If you complain we play it too much at the back, thats a style of play. 

TyphoonJambo

I just dont understand the "we have no style of play" line, watched the matched yesterday. We kept possession, looked to get the balls down the wing to cross it in. Thats a style of play. If you complain we play it too much at the back, thats a style of play. 

The problem is, we don't have an imposing and hungry centre forward to smash it into the old onion bag. A decent striker would have got a hat-trick easily yesterday.

jamboinglasgow

The problem is, we don't have an imposing and hungry centre forward to smash it into the old onion bag. A decent striker would have got a hat-trick easily yesterday.

True, thats why its important to be looking now for that kind of player to recruit in the summer.

Jambof3tornado

True, thats why its important to be looking now for that kind of player to recruit in the summer.

I'd love to think that targets were identified months ago.

Bazzas right boot

Yip, it's clear, we are just not very good at it just now

Out style is pretty clear.

Folk just moaning about everything, even things that are made up.

Finlay James

Yip, it's clear, we are just not very good at it just now

Out style is pretty clear.

Folk just moaning about everything, even things that are made up.

Agreed. Cathro has been very clear in the style he is attempting to implement but for whatever reason, it's just not quite clicked yet.

I think most of what you read on here is made up, the character assasssination of Levein, Cathro and Budge is just ridiculous and comes about because nobody has a clue what is going on behind the scenes.

SaughtonJambo

Would people welcome kyle lafferty? Personally think he'd score for fun up here, maybe Austin could get him in.

I'd keep Hamilton as number one and bring in Scott Bain have good completion between the two

For me Whittaker at RB with smith as cover

Berra I was told in January had signed a deal with us not sure if thats happening now Soutter Hughes and nowak at CB if not berra josh meekings

Lb Russell from Morton or leahy from Falkirk

Watkins/Christie rm

Sibbald mallan djoum and I'd try bring in Barton from Patrick

Lm gms or ryan Gauld on loan hopefully Cathro could persuade them

Up front lafferty Boyce isma and I'd keep johnsen a lot of people forgetting the promise he was shown before Cathro took over

Walker as an attacking mid would keep Buaben cowie as well. Would like to keep sam but doesn't look likely

Offload sammon, osh, both Greek boys go, McGhee, Paterson, king. Sell kitchen back to DC. Can't see rherras staying. Get rid of sowah and not fussed for Struna. Over summer management and directors need to focus on having two players to cover each position that are willing to give blood sweat and tears for the badge

eduardo.j

Wouldn't be surprised if we are linked with a Spanish striker called Pedro Conde, he's 4th top scorer in Greece with 13 goals, his current club are 9th in the table.

Obviously his fee/length of contract would be the hurdle.

The big question is are we going to gamble or go with players proven at our level?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

Maybe already mentioned.

Vukic worked with Cathro and is out of contract.

A_A wehatethehibs

Maybe already mentioned.

Vukic worked with Cathro and is out of contract.

Thought about this one but it's a concern that Stuart McCall signed him for Bradford for the first half of this season, he only played 10 games and didn't seemingly? do enough to merit an extension... Maybe Newcastle just mistakenly thought he might get them a transfer fee so they opted not to send him on loan for the last 6 months of his contract.

Jambo 4 Ever

Wouldn't be surprised if we are linked with a Spanish striker called Pedro Conde, he's 4th top scorer in Greece with 13 goals, his current club are 9th in the table.

Obviously his fee/length of contract would be the hurdle.

The big question is are we going to gamble or go with players proven at our level?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Has he got any links to Cathro or levein?

TexasAndy

There's obvioulsy going to be coming and goings in summer and it's interesting reading these posts with some names that would certainly get my attention.   Just wish the club would get a pre contract agreement arranged with at least one good player which might encourage those thinking of not renewing STs to stay.   

rudi must stay

Nader Ciftci is out of the picture at Celtic with his contract expiring, I think he would be a superb signing

GMS

Would be a good signing but, like Cifti, is contracted for another 2 years  The only chance we would have is if Celtic were just looking to get them off the payroll and the players prized the thought of more game time.

Fees/salary could be a stumbling block.

Nader Ciftci is out of the picture at Celtic with his contract expiring, I think he would be a superb signing

Would give our attack some 'bite' certainly

Would be a good signing but, like Cifti, is contracted for another 2 years  The only chance we would have is if Celtic were just looking to get them off the payroll and the players prized the thought of more game time.

Would rather have Boyce, but if we could get Cifti for free then that would be an avenue worth discussing. He does bring a lot of aggression and if that can be managed he could be quite a good player. I don't really see him as the out and out striker we need though.

We need to up the overall pace of the team, we seriously lack pace all over the pitch. We definitely need a minimum of 2 wingers... Not only to improve the way we play but to give us an out-ball and start putting opposition on the back foot. Also a new defence and a decent striker wouldn't go a miss!

I would suggest the development fee's we receive for Paterson & Nicholson would be well spent (with a bit left over) getting Sibbald at Falkirk & Mallan at St Mirren. Two players well worth a shot at the SPL.

Livvyjambo

Would be a good signing but, like Cifti, is contracted for another 2 years The only chance we would have is if Celtic were just looking to get them off the payroll and the players prized the thought of more game time.

Not for me another rehabilitation job picked up loads of money at Celtic for nowt had a loan or 2 never tried a leg

Boyce easy over him

Not for me another rehabilitation job picked up loads of money at Celtic for nowt had a loan or 2 never tried a leg

Boyce easy over him

Not quite sure what you mean by this but he would provide some skill and aggression up front although the danger is he might provide too much aggression.

Always a handful at DUFC.

rudi must stay

according to transfermarket.co.uk Ciftci's contract expires in the summer, just hope someone at Hearts is watching. Other SPL clubs will pounce and we should as well as I think we'd get him

Livvyjambo

Not quite sure what you mean by this but he would provide some skill and aggression up front although the danger is he might provide too much aggression.

Always a handful at DUFC.

We have taken in waifs and strays over the last 3 years with very little success to try and rebuild them fitness or confidence wise . He falls in this category for me so a no no for me although if he was capable of reproducing his Utd form then would be a big asset . Short term contract to prove himself may work or reduced pay and bigger bonus may work

according to transfermarket.co.uk Ciftci's contract expires in the summer, just hope someone at Hearts is watching. Other SPL clubs will pounce and we should as well as I think we'd get him

I'm sure he signed a three year deal so should have a year left. I can see hin getting loaned out next season again.

Bob Loblaw

Transfermarkt has his loan contract expiring this season. 2019 at Celtic.

Archived