Players we should be looking at in the summer

Tynecastlesmychurch

Ross County saying Boyce isn't for sale.

Time will tell.

Boyce would be a good signing on the face of it. I'm not convinced we'd play in a way to utilise him effectively although hopefully we would.

I suspect his performances at County won't have gone unnoticed down south and he's far more likely to play in Championship or League One in England next year.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
amadjambo

Boyce would be a good signing on the face of it. I'm not convinced we'd play in a way to utilise him effectively although hopefully we would.

I suspect his performances at County won't have gone unnoticed down south and he's far more likely to play in Championship or League One in England next year.

Been talk that Hibs are interested. If so I hope that means Cummings is leaving.

Bowmans_Boot

Given that there would be a fee involved and there will be no shortage of interest, I highly doubt we will sign him.

Livvyjambo

If there is money involved county will be looking for a decent return , probably way to rich for us or anybody else in Scotland outwith Celtic which he ain't good enough for . Down south to div 1 will pay the money they are looking for and a strong salary

Bowmans_Boot

according to transfermarket.co.uk Ciftci's contract expires in the summer, just hope someone at Hearts is watching. Other SPL clubs will pounce and we should as well as I think we'd get him

I wouldnt want him as he is way too much of a risk. Would be very similar to signing Tony Watt, imo.

A_A wehatethehibs

I wonder if Greg Stewart might be for sale? Probably would take 200k or so, he's not been particularly successful at Birmingham since his 500k move from Dundee. Might be within our price bracket if county want too much for Boyce. Similar type of player. Boyce is better but it'll come down to money. Oxford got hemmings for 250k but similarly he's only got 6 goals. 200k might buy hemmings, definitely worth an offer. All depends on our budget and whether the player would be interested I suppose. What a pity our budget will be a couple of hundred k less because of Cathro making a complete arse of our season.

In any case, hoping that one of Boyce, Hemmings, Stewart or May can be bought. The thought of Johnsen or sammon being the only alternative to isma next season fills me with dread.

I wonder if Greg Stewart might be for sale? Probably would take 200k or so, he's not been particularly successful at Birmingham since his 500k move from Dundee. Might be within our price bracket if county want too much for Boyce. Similar type of player. Boyce is better but it'll come down to money. Oxford got hemmings for 250k but similarly he's only got 6 goals. 200k might buy hemmings, definitely worth an offer. All depends on our budget and whether the player would be interested I suppose. What a pity our budget will be a couple of hundred k less because of Cathro making a complete arse of our season.

In any case, hoping that one of Boyce, Hemmings, Stewart or May can be bought. The thought of Johnsen or sammon being the only alternative to isma next season fills me with dread.

Nicking these guys for a fee we could pay is one thing. Offering them wages that would be of interest is another.

These guys if moved on from their current clubs will try and hang around in England for as long as possible

Hemmings is doing well down South, May is just back from injury and Boyce will have better offers. Stewart may be a loan option though.

Hemmings is doing well down South, May is just back from injury and Boyce will have better offers. Stewart may be a loan option though.

I would hope that if money is attached to the buying of a player that we negotiate a 6 month loan with the option to buy in January at an agreed price.  By so doing we can see if the player will fit into our team and its systems or not.  Might be hard to achieve but worth a try.

I would hope that if money is attached to the buying of a player that we negotiate a 6 month loan with the option to buy in January at an agreed price. By so doing we can see if the player will fit into our team and its systems or not. Might be hard to achieve but worth a try.

I think a loan would be more appealing to the player who will be in good money down South. A bit like the Shinnie brother over the road.

A_A wehatethehibs

Is he? Only 6 goals from only 22 league appearances at Oxford? Doesn't suggest he's the main man. I know stats don't tell the whole story but 250k they spent on him, they might sell for around that price. We've spent 150k on players recently, 250k would be a big jump admittedly. All depends on the finances.

May, I know about but again, for the right price Preston might offload him. Don't know how much they paid for him but they've had him back since February and he doesn't seem to have featured much.

Boyce yes is probably not realistic but certainly we should make an offer around the 200k mark.

Stewart, well he was basically last season's Boyce wasn't he. Similar type of striker. Birmingham will offload him if they stay up, again I think the 250k mark might buy him, maybe we can do a deal for Sam or CP, waive their Dev fees in exchange or suchlike.

johnking123

We will be having money coining in from player sales. Can see us being close to braking out transfer record.

Four faces

Stewart and Boyce are different types of player in my opinion.Both score goals but that's where the similarity ends.Boyce is a penalty box striker whereas Stewart was more like Walker for me.

Morgaro Gomis

Is he? Only 6 goals from only 22 league appearances at Oxford? Doesn't suggest he's the main man. I know stats don't tell the whole story but 250k they spent on him, they might sell for around that price. We've spent 150k on players recently, 250k would be a big jump admittedly. All depends on the finances.

May, I know about but again, for the right price Preston might offload him. Don't know how much they paid for him but they've had him back since February and he doesn't seem to have featured much.

Boyce yes is probably not realistic but certainly we should make an offer around the 200k mark.

Stewart, well he was basically last season's Boyce wasn't he. Similar type of striker. Birmingham will offload him if they stay up, again I think the 250k mark might buy him, maybe we can do a deal for Sam or CP, waive their Dev fees in exchange or suchlike.

I thought Stewart played on the wing for Dundee? I don't think he played as a striker much, if at all.

Four faces

We will be having money coining in from player sales. Can see us being close to braking out transfer record.

What?,?850,000?.No chance.WE wouldn't even come close to paying that in combined fees.

A_A wehatethehibs

I thought Stewart played on the wing for Dundee? I don't think he played as a striker much, if at all.

It was the year before I'm thinking of not last season, he played centrally more often, before hemmings was signed, I remember him getting a couple of player of the month award, main position is certainly centre forward see transfermarkt. I've seen them score a few similar goals but admittedly haven't watched enough of either player. Stewart is actually probably the player I'd prioritise if he were available as he is left footed and we haven't had a decent left footer at hearts since driver.

Morgaro Gomis

It was the year before I'm thinking of not last season, he played centrally more often, before hemmings was signed, I remember him getting a couple of player of the month award, main position is certainly centre forward see transfermarkt. I've seen them score a few similar goals but admittedly haven't watched enough of either player. Stewart is actually probably the player I'd prioritise if he were available as he is left footed and we haven't had a decent left footer at hearts since driver.

Yeah, think you're right about that in regards Stewart. Would be a brilliant signing, but I dont think he'd want to take the drop in wages.

Weonly151

I'm thinking we could maybe offer something like ?200 000 plus maybe Buaben for Boyce. Wasn't Buaben close to signing for County at one point? There are other players as well we could use as bargaining tools

rudi must stay

I'm thinking we could maybe offer something like ?200 000 plus maybe Buaben for Boyce. Wasn't Buaben close to signing for County at one point? There are other players as well we could use as bargaining tools

Don't think we're getting Boyce. Sort of player Celtic or Rangers will nick if they're worried about another team getting him. It's fine, plenty other fish in the sea

A 15-goal haul on his return down south has seen Hemmings become a firm favourite with Oxford supporters.

May has been injured all season and scored on Saturday.

Boyce will go down South and a lot more money than we can offer. 

Birmingham can't just offload him, from Cowdenbeath to serious ??.  Why would he leave and it's up to Sam or C Patz to decide their futures. 

In all, a lot of if's and buts. We should be looking for the next Kane Hemmings or the next Stewart.

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif?d=1

Bowmans_Boot

We will NOT sign Boyce. Transfer fee and wages will see to that.

I wouldnt be surprised if we hinted at interest to the media to try to appease the fans.

Good friend of mine who supports Hibs just told me we are signing David Gray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For his character I'd be on board with that but a lot of my hibs mates don't rate him. Was good last year but has fallen away or something? (Would rather him than Struna, at least he'd play with some passion and wouldn't hide).

I'd take Gray. Has Nicholson ever made it out of his back pocket?

Solid and dependable. Very committed. Qualities we lack in abundance

Jamboscanbevicius

Would like to see us go for...

Liam Lindsay (Patrick)

Nicky Declan (Ayr)

Stephen Mallan (St Mirren)

Tony Andreu (Dundee Utd/Norwich)

Liam Boyce (Ross County)

The Apprentice

Stefan Scougall and Marc McNulty both released by Sheffield Utd

Bazzas right boot

Optimistic.

I think we might spend ?500-?1m across maybe two or three players, but not on one.

?600k for Sam/ Patterson, Djoum Maybe ?500k plus, although if mcginn is ?1.5 m Christ, Djoum and walker should rake in about ?30m between them.

Bazzas right boot

I'd take Gray. Has Nicholson ever made it out of his back pocket?

Solid and dependable. Very committed. Qualities we lack in abundance

He did once, nutmeg, sold him a dummy and smacked one in front. 25 yards, so yes he has.

There is better than gray about.

He did once, nutmeg, sold him a dummy and smacked one in front. 25 yards, so yes he has.

Nicholson was dominated by Gray. Let's not kid ourselves Tosh

Cruyff Turn

Strikers wise Hearts need a number 9, a guy who leads the line and scores the goals, preferably a targetman who will bully defences. We don't need another supporting striker, Goncalves is the 2nd striker or even Walker can play that role. We need someone who will pin CB's, who will hold up the ball, can bring our midfield and the likes of Walker and Isma into the game and someone who gives us that direct route one option.

Kyle Lafferty would be top of that list for me. I don't like him personally but he's the type of aggressive, nasty fecker we need and who CB's hate playing against.

It's balanced that we need, the ability to mix things up. A good CF can turn a decent side into a good side.

We've been called big and physical over the years and I'd prefer that tag over soft as shite that we are at the moment.

Bazzas right boot

Nicholson was dominated by Gray. Let's not kid ourselves Tosh

Maybe, bit he did venture out of his back pocket , twice at least.

Gray isn't the answer, unless the question is do we want to stay shite or get worse.

Bazzas right boot

Liam Lindsay (Patrick)

Nicky Declan (Ayr)

Liam Boyce (Ross County)

Realistic list as well.

Add

2 of the three 3 from Christie/ GMS / o' halloran and we're cooking.

Not sure of Tony.

Was that not Scott Robertson?

Bazzas right boot

Was that not Scott Robertson?

Maybe, think it might have been them both, he skinned two.

Also scored in the 2-2 ( I think, not checked) point still stands, he has had at least two moments out of Gray's back pocket.

It could have been Cafu, don't think gray is the answer anyway.

Strikers wise Hearts need a number 9, a guy who leads the line and scores the goals, preferably a targetman who will bully defences. We don't need another supporting striker, Goncalves is the 2nd striker or even Walker can play that role. We need someone who will pin CB's, who will hold up the ball, can bring our midfield and the likes of Walker and Isma into the game and someone who gives us that direct route one option.

Kyle Lafferty would be top of that list for me. I don't like him personally but he's the type of aggressive, nasty fecker we need and who CB's hate playing against.

It's balanced that we need, the ability to mix things up. A good CF can turn a decent side into a good side.

We've been called big and physical over the years and I'd prefer that tag over soft as shite that we are at the moment.

Your are 100% spot on,Hearts are too nice all over the park.There is no characters or steel in the personel Cathro has to pick from.

feedthefox

Moult at Motherwell please.

Looks a player, quick, mixes it and has a great finish.

Bazzas right boot

Your are 100% spot on,Hearts are too nice all over the park.There is no characters or steel in the personel Cathro has to pick from.

Yip, we do need a bit of a twat in the team.

Hopefully we sign someone that's a bit nasty( wee bit)

jamboinglasgow

Cant see us doing that unless we have the opportunity to sign an unbelievable player who we are almost certain to make a big profit on. The much bigger the fee, the much bigger the wage the player will expect. 

Apart from the money from Paterson, Nicholson and McGhee going I cant see us selling anyone else.

JAMMY1980

Yip, we do need a bit of a twat in the team.

Hopefully we sign someone that's a bit nasty( wee bit)

What's Jim Goodwin up to these days!

stevie1874

Liam Lindsay (Patrick)

Nicky Declan (Ayr)

Liam Boyce (Ross County)

We wouldn't be able to afford Lindsay or Boyce, Andrew would need to be a loan because of wages, seems a lot of hype regarding Mallan (I've never seen him playing and I doubt a lot of people quoting him on here have either) and the boy from Ayr a possibility but again I've never seen him play.

Bazzas right boot

We wouldn't be able to afford Lindsay or Boyce, Andrew would need to be a loan because of wages, seems a lot of hype regarding Mallan (I've never seen him playing and I doubt a lot of people quoting him on here have either) and the boy from Ayr a possibility but again I've never seen him play.

Good thing that after picking apart someone els's post you came up with logical, sound alternatives.

oh wait, you just ripped someone elses post apart but offered no alternatives.

Feel free to offer  alternatives, then there can be a discussion.

Jamboscanbevicius

I agree we will be lucky to get Lindsay or Boyce. But people said we wouldn't afford Souttar, and these guys are exactly the type McInnes has gone for to build a solid unit at Aberdeen... guys who have done well at smaller SPFL clubs. I'm not saying we will get them but we should certainly try!

I would be surprised if Andreu is not released, and Mallan is getting better and better. We should have gone for McGinn when he was available and Mallan is a similar prospect IMO.

Nicky Devlin will make a step up soon and we need a RB.

All in all a decent list IMO but other will have other ideas and I respect that

wont admit to seeing many full 90mins of mallans. but he crops up enough on the highlights and the scoresheet to know hes got something.

Exactly the type of signing we need to be looking at. timing is crucial leave it any longer then bigger fish will come in for a bite. Its a gamble but a sensible one, good young player, knows the leagues.

Four faces

Moult at Motherwell please.

Looks a player, quick, mixes it and has a great finish.

Would be superb signing to lead the line.Think he's out our range sadly.

LarrysRightFoot

Been told we are looking st Ayr RB

Heard Dundee Utd are interested.

stevie1874

Good thing that after picking apart someone els's post you came up with logical, sound alternatives.

oh wait, you just ripped someone elses post apart but offered no alternatives.

Feel free to offer alternatives, then there can be a discussion.

Why would I need to offer alternatives, just my opinion that I think some of these guys mentioned will be outwith our price bracket and others mentioned will be a risk.

I could offer a lot of alternatives we couldn't afford.

Uncle Buck

Always wanted us to sign McNulty and Scougall when they were at Livi. Worth a look.

Bazzas right boot

Why would I need to offer alternatives, just my opinion that I think some of these guys mentioned will be outwith our price bracket and others mentioned will be a risk.

I could offer a lot of alternatives we couldn't afford.

The clue's in the thread title.

Player who we should be looking at, not player's we shouldn't be looking at.

Feel free to criticise but if you can't come up with alternatives your point is lost.

Archived