General Election

Don Dan

gashauskis9

"We promise to sell off the NHS, sell your house to fund your care, slash taxes so that all remaining public services fall apart, sell weapons to brutal regimes who use them on civilians, block half of the internet, storm out of the EU talks with no deal because we're the Glorious British Empire, starve the economy by reducing immigration, entrench inequality from birth by bringing back grammar schools and let toffs rip foxes to pieces with packs of dogs"

But, never mind all that badly though-out, totally uncosted bullshit!

We're also pledging to end the world in a nuclear holocaust because that's what the British public demand!

Vote Tory

Straight out the manifesto. Sod the poverty, let's get the economy going.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We promise to sell off the NHS, sell your house to fund your care, slash taxes so that all remaining public services fall apart, sell weapons to brutal regimes who use them on civilians, block half of the internet, storm out of the EU talks with no deal because we're the Glorious British Empire, starve the economy by reducing immigration, entrench inequality from birth by bringing back grammar schools and let toffs rip foxes to pieces with packs of dogs"

But, never mind all that badly though-out, totally uncosted bullshit!

We're also pledging to end the world in a nuclear holocaust because that's what the British public demand!

Vote Tory

:oohmatron:

Someone is going to be hurting on thursday.

:oohmatron:

Someone is going to be hurting on thursday.

70million people will be hurting on thursday and for the next five years, the daft mups

maroonlegions

Seriously WTF..  :laugh4:

18893010_1852082781710327_76621084222606

:laugh4:

Desperation.

Sneaky Tories lying through their teeth now.. :laugh4:

SwindonJambo

One thing that gets right on my t!ts is Facebook and other Social Media memes, regardless of what they're saying and in whose favour and a whole load of cult followers too lazy or stupid to read up the detail behind them quote them as gospel. Labour, Tory or Monster Raving Looney, it doesn't matter.

...a bit disco

Seriously WTF..  :laugh4:

Desperation.

Didn't know Hibs were handing out zero hours contracts.

Mind you, Cummings has let himself go a bit post-season. To many Pringles, one would assume.

hughesie27

That's alright then, who needs to plan for the future anyway?

My point wasn't a defence of 0 hour contracts it was to point out that just because someone might be on a 0 hour contract doesn't necessarily make them poor.

This guy wearing a top hat doesn't make him a liar.

Seriously WTF.. :laugh4:

Desperation.

Again more lies and shameful bullying. Not once did he say he was on one or that he needed it for food as was previously claimed. He said it was good for students.

Must make you feel the big man watching people humiliated online. Hope you or your kids never suffer from it.

SwindonJambo

Poor taste opportunism, though I agree the cuts should not have happened. Corbyn, on the other hand, has voted against every single piece of Anti Terror legislation since was 1st elected to Parliament 34 years ago and has too much previous for me for being an apologist for all sorts of baddies.

I think May will win, but the Tories will unseat her before she serves a full term.  They are much better at getting rid of weak leaders than Labour.  In the meantime I hope Labour lick their wounds, discard all vestiges of the Corbyn regime and make themselves credible again, winning enough votes from marginal Tory voters to win overall.

I've said it before, the crappest choice in my voting lifetime.

ToadKiller Dog

It's a fair enough if clearly political point to make , if there was not a general election the sitting PM would be under intense pressure to sack them .

Given May was home secretary at the cuts and now PM .

Clearly she won't stand down and it's a response to May's call of Corbyn and a coalition of chaos .

More important to me is why isn't the report into funding from outside forces into UK based terrorists being sat on .

Is it because it upsets May's pals in Saudi . I think that in the public interest to know the reports findings .

Bowmans_Boot

Poor taste opportunism, though I agree the cuts should not have happened. Corbyn, on the other hand, has voted against every single piece of Anti Terror legislation since was 1st elected to Parliament 34 years ago and has too much previous for me for being an apologist for all sorts of baddies.

I think May will win, but the Tories will unseat her before she serves a full term. They are much better at getting rid of weak leaders than Labour. In the meantime I hope Labour lick their wounds, discard all vestiges of the Corbyn regime and make themselves credible again, winning enough votes from marginal Tory voters to win overall.

One thing (of many) that really annoys me about Theresa May is that she always says, "Judge me on my record" as if it is something to shout about. Her record is shite, she (& her media backers) are simply very good at spinning it. It is always about what she is going to do rather than what she failed to do time and time again.

ToadKiller Dog

Call me Dave Cameron's former special advisor Steve Hilton has also called for May to resign over security failures under her watch .

My prediction even if May wins the Tory's will remove her within a year .

Space Mackerel

I think May will win, but the Tories will unseat her before she serves a full term. They are much better at getting rid of weak leaders than Labour. In the meantime I hope Labour lick their wounds, discard all vestiges of the Corbyn regime and make themselves credible again, winning enough votes from marginal Tory voters to win overall.

You want New Labour back in? Just vote for the Torys, they are the same thing.

SwindonJambo

You want New Labour back in? Just vote for the Torys, they are the same thing.

Incorrect.

Agree with all of that. It was pure opportunism to support his personal ambitions. His dad used to work for the EEC and most of the Johnson family were remainers. Boris simply picked the side he thought would give him the best chance of being PM when the dust settled, cosying up to Gove with the big red bus scandal before Gove stabbed him in the back. A thoroughly shameful episode and I hope neither ever get near No 10. The red bus was tantamount to fraud.

Johnson is an American born opportunist who wants to be PM and will jump on any bandwagon to achieve it.  In USA you had to be born in the States to be President (I don't know if that still applies) so equally he should be barred from even standing for PM and that could stand even if May does win.  Cannot see her lasting either way.

Her record is atrocious.  Apart from the disastrous police cuts she was also in charge of a Home Office which failed miserably to reduce the Immigration numbers to tens of thousands from hundreds of thousands.  That of course was a huge Tory lie in the first place.  In addition she sat in a Cabinet pledged to do a top down reorganisation of the Health Service and it's sinking without trace.  She is tainted with failure.

She boasts about being a bloody difficult woman.  She is certainly bloody difficult when you try to get an answer out of her.  She is dodgier than Dodgy Dave.  The most annoying thing about her is her constant phrase "I have always been very clear...", missing the point that if she had been clear the questions wouldn't need to be asked.

Jeremy Corbyn has changed his mind over whether Theresa May should resign over cuts to police numbers while she was Home Secretary.

The Labour leader this morning said he backed calls from some, including David Cameron?s former strategist Steve Hilton, that the prime minister should quit in the wake of the terror attacks on London Bridge.

However Corbyn later clarified that he did not think May should resign and that people should vote her out of office one June 8.

maroonlegions

This woman is a disaster and so all over the place that she should be nowhere near politics never mind number 10. 

I mean to say  that now we have another senior figure in the world of politics namely a one Steven Hilton, who was Camerons former political adviser and strategist saying that May should resign.

This is the woman who cut/removed over 20,000 police officers from the streets and who done arms deals with the brutal regime that is Saudi Arabia.

Theresa May's re-election campaign has suffered yet another blow as David Cameron's Political advisor and strategist Steve Hilton called on her to resign for?
LONDONWEBNEWS.COM

maroonlegions

FFS Is nothing fecking sacred to these greedy barstewarts .

If is no your auld mans hoose they want  through a dementia tax or  if the are not dipping their hands in the public purse and trying to sell off public services to their rich mates they once tried to sell off  our forests. :laugh4:

John Vidal: Tories have never been treehuggers, but their plans to sell off all state-owned forests are unwarranted, unwanted and unworkable
THEGUARDIAN.COM

Darth Mooth seemed to be drunk on her own publicity and proximity to the emperor today. The emperor was probably trying to remember who she is.

Considering he's a totally toxic pariah and to the Tory high command, about as welcome as a jobby in a space suit, Michael Gove doesn't half do some vile toadying up to May. His own security views have been vindicated but he'd rather continue the crawling back into the good books than to retain his own principles. Rancid wee gimp.

FFS Is nothing fecking sacred to these greedy barstewarts .

If is no your auld mans hoose they want  through a dementia tax or  if the are not dipping their hands in the public purse and trying to sell off public services to their rich mates they once tried to sell off  our forests. :laugh4:

John Vidal: Tories have never been treehuggers, but their plans to sell off all state-owned forests are unwarranted, unwanted and unworkable

Sadiq Khan. The Met has lost ?600m from it's budget.

May. We protect police budgets.

Maroon Sailor

Sturgeon getting grilled again

I'm waiting for some twitter Tory Plants pics to appear here from the usual suspects.

Jambos_1874

Nice to see Sturgeon getting a rough time on Question Time. Not seen her getting such a grilling before. Her view of what independence would be is disturbing.

Maroon Sailor

I love it when she is not standing in front of her brainwashed goons

Useless party, Useless First Minister

Maroon Sailor

Nice to see Sturgeon getting a rough time on Question Time. Not seen her getting such a grilling before. Her view of what independence would be is disturbing.

Bet she wishes she kept her big trap shut after 23.6.16 instead of throwing a Brexit tantrum then go begging, grovelling and pleading to Brussels before she could dry her eyes.

Sturgeon getting grilled again

I'm waiting for some twitter Tory Plants pics to appear here from the usual suspects.

Yep - it's bbc bias though. How dare they give her a hard time

The Mighty Thor

Meanwhile in Granton the dear leader buses in 30 activists to an empty shed to make Granton look like a hot bed of conservatism, whilst again failing to answer the most basic of question.

Spiteful party. Vacuous prime minister.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Meanwhile in Granton the dear leader buses in 30 activists to an empty shed to make Granton look like a hot bed of conservatism, whilst again failing to answer the most basic of question.

Spiteful party. Vacuous prime minister.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Yep. The same non existent real people of the land she lauded as more worthy of her time than any leaders debate. Reptile.

Jambos_1874

I respect everyone's right to believe in independence but I genuinely believe that there's an almost frenzied support for Sturgeon and the SNP that defies logic/facts. The SNP are very well organised in terms of their support, rallies, marches etc and it's quite impfessive but, you're right, she is definitely shown up when she's not in front of that support.

Not sure why so much time is placed on arguments that are irrelevant to this election. Holyrood, fair enough, but arguing about things that are devolved in a Westminster election seems rather pointless.

A bit like the Corbyn debate the other night, seems people want less than ten pound an hour minimum wage and nuclear holocaust. Tonight its tuition fees and carte Blanche hard brexit.

To many their enemy's enemy is their friend.

Baffling.

Maroon Sailor

You're right Boris

Sturgeon is irrelevant to this election. She gets more air time than anybody else up here though.

Jambos_1874

Didn't see it but I can fairly confidently say that Abbott probably made a tit of herself, again. So many of what may have once been called the top Labour brass refuse to support Corbyn or be in his shadow cabinet that they are left with the dross. Love them or hate them, the likes of Brown, Blair, Prescott, Mandelson, Straw etc were political heavyweights who were actually competent; a far cry from Labour's current crop.

Didn't see it but I can fairly confidently say that Abbott probably made a tit of herself, again. So many of what may have once been called the top Labour brass refuse to support Corbyn or be in his shadow cabinet that they are left with the dross. Love them or hate them, the likes of Brown, Blair, Prescott, Mandelson, Straw etc were political heavyweights who were actually competent; a far cry from Labour's current crop.

and that's the worry if this version of Labour get in on Thursday.

Honest to Christ, why, 3 days untill the general election and they let her loose again, who the hell thinks it's ever a good idea to let Dianne Abbott get infront of a camera or a microphone?

The continued support of the Conservative party has got to be the fault of the incopatancy and amateur management of the Labour party, a total embarrassment.

Seymour M Hersh

This woman is a disaster and so all over the place that she should be nowhere near politics never mind number 10. 

I mean to say  that now we have another senior figure in the world of politics namely a one Steven Hilton, who was Camerons former political adviser and strategist saying that May should resign.

This is the woman who cut/removed over 20,000 police officers from the streets and who done arms deals with the brutal regime that is Saudi Arabia.

Theresa May's re-election campaign has suffered yet another blow as David Cameron's Political advisor and strategist Steve Hilton called on her to resign for?
LONDONWEBNEWS.COM

I think you should remember that Labour wanted a further 10% cut in police numbers as recently as 2015. 

I think you should remember that Labour wanted a further 10% cut in police numbers as recently as 2015.

Sssshhhhhh, you'll upset people saying that!!!

Jambos_1874

I'm fairly confident they won't but you never know. I actually cannot belief the choices on offer in this election; not too appealing. Might just draw a willy on my ballot paper as a form of protest. That'll teach 'em.

SwindonJambo

I'm fairly confident they won't but you never know. I actually cannot belief the choices on offer in this election; not too appealing. Might just draw a willy on my ballot paper as a form of protest. That'll teach 'em.

I'm seriously considering spoiling my ballot paper for the same reason as you. Perhaps I can draw a bull having a dump as a symbolic gesture. Where I live a newborn lamb in a blue rosette would win. I really hate FPTP.

Imagine this stupid ***** being the country's Home Secretary? If you could back this version of Labour and endorse them having any sort of power in our country's governance you have no morals, or a conscience.

You could be forgiven for thinking she'd just rolled out of a Taliban opium den and dragged in front of the cameras. These are Labours big hitters! Jezza's dream team. These ***** could potentially have the country at their fingertips on Friday morning. It's a ****ing harrowing state of affairs these are the only feasible opposition!!!

SwindonJambo

Imagine this stupid ***** being the country's Home Secretary? If you could back this version of Labour and endorse them having any sort of power in our country's governance you have no morals, or a conscience.

You could be forgiven for thinking she'd just rolled out of a Taliban opium den and dragged in front of the cameras. These are Labours big hitters! Jezza's dream team. These ***** could potentially have the country at their fingertips on Friday morning. It's a ******* harrowing state of affairs these are the only feasible opposition!!!

Part of the problem is that the Major Parties have a huge die hard unquestioning cult like support who will vote for them regardless of candidate, Cabinet or Shadow Cabinet Appointees or Policies. There are 650 seats, of which a third max are marginal. The election is decided by a 15-20% buffer zone of floating voters in the middle ground. Everyone else had already made their mind up the minute the election was called.

Jambos_1874

Part of the problem is that the Major Parties have a huge die hard unquestioning cult like support who will vote for them regardless of candidate, Cabinet or Shadow Cabinet Appointees or Policies. There are 650 seats, of which a third max are marginal. The election is decided by a 15-20% buffer zone of floating voters in the middle ground. Everyone else had already made their mind up the minute the election was called.

Which is why political allegiances are generally nonsense. Yes, some parties have core values which a certain portion of the electorate identify and align with and that's all well and good, but there should never be blind support. As far as I am concerned when an election is called it is important to try to dispassionately view each political party on their record, either in government or opposition, and to examine whether they are capable of forming a capable, credible government. It's actually important to remember that you're voting for a local MP as well, not just the new government.

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.

WC

SwindonJambo
That is truely toe curling. I actually felt sorry for the interviewer. I wouldn't employ her as a Secretary, let alone the Home Secretary. How on this Earth did she get into Cambridge? She is a rambling, scatterbrained incoherent mess. Was she on something? If Labour do pull off a Miracle on Thursday, she surely has to be consigned to the back benches.

Archived