***Heart of Midlothian V Celtic***official match thread***

Beats

I think we've plated well. Strikers and midfield let down by atrocious defence.

Tighten the back 4 and we would have been well in this. Ref as usual favors celtic too which doesn't help.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sorry for Goncalves, he has quality but is being fed dregs.

One bright spot for next season if we can get better players around him. Johnsen is a lump of wood.

Cant beleive the amount of negative comments on here. Hearts have played well but Celtic absoloutley clinical, thats what money buys you.

Played well, defence is ****ing pap. People want to keep some of the defence because they play international football. Aye no bother. That's a ****ing booking you wee dick!

alicante jambo

Be amazed if Celtic don't score 4 or 5 here.

Yes i know mate just trying to be a bit upbeat.Were playing well but our passing into the box is utter crap.

Bazzas right boot

2 full backs having a mare.

Our left back is howling.

Playing well, need to show more composure in and around Thier box.

Disagree mate look st the stats

Lmao. Stats. Forrest is a much better player. Stronger, picks the correct options, consistent. Walker flatters to deceive way too often especially against anyone of quality.  

alwaysthereinspirit

I think we've plated well. Strikers and midfield let down by atrocious defence.

Tighten the back 4 and we would have been well in this. Ref as usual favors celtic too which doesn't help.

Depends on who he's supposed to help. Ref done exactly what he's paid to do.

Im not at the game today but I can tell you Isma got booked for hee haw

Lmao. Stats. Forrest is a much better player. Stronger, picks the correct options, consistent. Walker flatters to deceive way too often especially against anyone of quality.

Bingo

Nookie Bear

Forrest would do nothing in this Hearts team. He is being fed balls in dangerous areas with the midfield creating easy space for him.

Geoff Kilpatrick

We are playing well

Anyone saying otherwise is a liar

You missed a bit - we are defending atrociously.

Captain Sausage

Forrest would do nothing in this Hearts team. He is being fed balls in dangerous areas with the midfield creating easy space for him.

The right answer.

Bit harsh. Tierney is destined for big things and the one Scottish player who could play at a top level abroad.

Maybe so, he's a snide wee pick of a player though.

Another Robbo

Can't believe we are 2-0 down. We've played well in the first half - hope we can push on in the second.

alicante jambo

Have played well and shown a bit fight

Youre right mate but our final ball and defending is ameaturish a lot of the time.

People having a go at walker like he is the problem here get a grip

He's not the problem but he isn't the solution.

There's only 2 maybe 3 players in our entire squad I'd consider building a team around. That is if I was wanting to challenge Aberdeen for second.

We haven't got a single player with the exception of Paterson who I would keep to challenge Celtic. And even then Tierney is probably going to play at a much higher level.

Could be worse, I suppose.

So far though, we have been very poor defensively.

Ref having the usual performance against them though.

Gordon Ramsay

Correct.

I'm surprised we decided to have a go.

We're losing because we didn't park the bus and treated it like we are the home side.

I respect our management for doing so but unfortunately we don't have the clinical finishers to make the chances count and the only way to beat Celtic is to score every chance you get.

Would rather see us having a go and losing than parking the bus and maybe grab a draw. Celtic winning because they have taken their chances, but when you pay the money they do for players you expect that.

Watt-Zeefuik

Legendary fight back to come in the second half. Looking forward to it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

We've played much worse recently. I'll take it.

Indeed. It is better than I expected.

However, that's because I expected to be 4 down at the half.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Every time I see some of these players we've cobbled together I just can't believe how ordinary they are.

Broxburn Jambo

We are playing well

My thoughts, this is miles better than how we have played recently.......maybe Currie for Tzolis to run at their back 3

alicante jambo, on 02 Apr 2017 - 1:19 PM, said:

Youre right mate but our final ball and defending is ameaturish a lot of the time.

Unfortunately

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I think we have been OK, the first goal was well worked and not much we could have done the 2nd we should have done better. We're not rolling over which is what you want to see against a unbeaten team that boasts players that cost more than our starting 11 combined. I've we played like this against any other team in the league we would be looking good for a win.

heartsfc_fan

Best we've played in a while. Can't handle the pace of Sinclair and Roberts though.

Watt-Zeefuik

Would rather see us having a go and losing than parking the bus and maybe grab a draw. Celtic winning because they have taken their chances, but when you pay the money they do for players you expect that.

At this point in our season, given how little effort we've put in in some games, I'd far rather see us have a go like this, put some fright in Celtic, and end up losing 4-0 than muck out a lucky 0-0 draw.

We need the players to rally and fight far more than we need a point.

Second goal looked slightly offside from Q. We've been decent but no quality on final ball. Can't fault the effort but can't see us getting anything here.

faemafone

How does tierney playing at a high level effect hearts? Who gives a **** hes scottish hes not a hearts player

Watt-Zeefuik

one positive we've had is we've kept Armstrong quiet

He's been quiet and he's frustrated.  Haven't been able to see from the stream clearly but looks like Kitchen doing the work there?

Guest Barack

Strange half of football that.

Amateur hour (3minutes) from us, and we're 2 down.

Fight's there. Played some good stuff.

Personally I'd take Johnson off for Currie, as it seems like he's not up to harassing their back 3.

We might as well go for it 2nd half anyway, as plenty had us down to get beaten badly.

Can't legislate for 2 defensive errors.

Their movement upfront is very good they do have a far higher calibre of player.

That said they look weak at the back too, as we showed first half we just have no final ball.

If we hadn't been so poor in the past few games I think the comments wouldn't be nearly as negative.

Have nothing wrong with how the team have played, bar the defence, however score line isn't great. Need to take your chances against a team like Celtic and get a bit of luck, we've not done/ had either.

I feel sorry for Goncalves, he has quality but is being fed dregs.

His heads gone now. 2nd yellow for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingantti1874

We are playing well

This is a hibs esque view.. we played pretty stuff but.. but. But but. We are getting pumped.. and we've faced better Celtic teams than this.

We are gutless.

maroonlegions

Seen this kind of display so many times at home against them.

Fail to take our chances but they dont, simple.

Nothing can legislate for shite defending or a ref that sees what he wants to see but at the end of the day you need to match their clinical finishing be that from poor defending or from open play. They are not champions for nothing. FTH. 

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I'm surprised we decided to have a go.

We're losing because we didn't park the bus and treated it like we are the home side.

I respect our management for doing so but unfortunately we don't have the clinical finishers to make the chances count and the only way to beat Celtic is to score every chance you get.

If we sat back people would moan because we lost and never had a go, What should Cathro do? Cathro seems to be wrong no matter what he does.

Bazzas right boot

People ripping walker, a Hearts man and scored 15 this season for us. Deary me.

The journeymen on short term contracts are the issue.

Struna, sowah, the two Greeks offer little and will rightly be replaced in the summer.

Struna is getting worse with each game. The other 3 and are simply poor players for us.

Competing well,plenty effort.

Somehow though our defence has got worse since the last transfer windows.

Archived