***Heart of Midlothian V Celtic***official match thread***

Beats

This is one of our best performances of the season. Defenders are up against quality players ffs. Commitment is a positive for Cathro.

We need a step shift to compete with Celtic - cash injection of ?50m. We should be humping St Johnstone though.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midfield have worked hard as a unit,  pressed well and fed the ball forward. However the lack of quality in the final third is why we haven't scored; it's normally a combination of poor decision making and lack of composure.   Another problem is that when the midfield does press, the defence is not pushing up in support, so when we do lose it there is plenty of space in which Celtic can find pockets to collect, turn, and attack. 

Personally I'd take Johnson off for Currie, as it seems like he's not up to harassing their back 3.

Completely agree. Don't know why we are even playing the guy. He's never going to be good enough for what we require and should be emptied asap. The young lad should be getting the opportunity and the experience.

I think we have been OK, the first goal was well worked and not much we could have done the 2nd we should have done better. We're not rolling over which is what you want to see against a unbeaten team that boasts players that cost more than our starting 11 combined. I've we played like this against any other team in the league we would be looking good for a win.

I agree played better than I thought we would

Good one / two for the first goal and that's how to finish

2 nd was sloppy but still a good finish

Walker should have done better with his 3/4 chances

And Goncalves will come good

Looking for a good second half performance to take to Perth

Still hate those weegie ba****ds

Geoff Kilpatrick

If we sat back people would moan because we lost and never had a go, What should Cathro do? Cathro seems to be wrong no matter what he does.

I'm pleasantly surprised he has had a go in this game and credit him for doing so. I'm unsurprised that he's been let down by the pile of shite masquerading as footballers.

Thank **** Struna and Sowah are only here until the summer. Cathro better not offer either of them a new deal. Pish!!! Johnsen is a headless chicken and Isma should be on a hattrick going into the second half. Need to take our chances when they come along.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

People ripping walker, a Hearts man and scored 15 this season for us. Deary me.

The journeymen on short term contracts are the issue.

Struna, sowah, the two Greeks offer little and will rightly be replaced in the summer.

Struna is getting worse with each game. The other 3 and are simply poor players for us.

Agree pretty much.

Avlonitis and Sowah in particular are just so bad. Someone somewhere should have some explaining to do.

Paolo, on 02 Apr 2017 - 1:27 PM, said:

Johnson has been poor. Not done a thing.

Yep swap for Currie

Up against a English premiership quality player who's has scored twice - the first a raker

We have played well to the extent that they have been restricted to 5 minutes decent play in total. We have missed chances and should have had a penalty.

Looking at it without being a complete twat we have played well.

The difference is they have a multi-million pound striker.

Sorry if that gets in the way of the saddos agendas

iain ferguson

All 3 of the 'left backs' should be released in the summer and we should start again. Not a footballer amongst them and clearly we have no youngster coming through either. [/quote

Hit the nail on the head! Sowah is the best of a terrible bunch.

Struna betting a new deal, no thanks.

Repeadilty flat. Sinclair hard to defend against but Paterson would've been in there with his strength.

Johnson has been poor. Not done a thing.

Hope the next time that poster see's him in Sainsbury's he chucks a Tikka Masala at him!

I can't believe people on here are actually complaining about the performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up against a English premiership quality player who's has scored twice - the first a raker

We have played to the extent that they have played for 5 minutes in total.

Spot on, some people on here look for any reason to rip into some of our players.

People ripping walker, a Hearts man and scored 15 this season for us. Deary me.

The journeymen on short term contracts are the issue.

Struna, sowah, the two Greeks offer little and will rightly be replaced in the summer.

Struna is getting worse with each game. The other 3 and are simply poor players for us.

A Hearts man who very rarely turns up in big games.

He has neither created or scored with 3/4 very good chances.

I agree others have been crap but he doesnt escape criticism, his decision making can be poor.

We've played well and arguably had the best of the first half. The difference is they have quality in attack and don't waste chances. We have a weak defence and an attack that can't take its changes. Replicate this performance over the rest of the season (and the second half) and things will be more positive heading into the summer.

2 down and people seem happy with how we have played. Why dont u just stay and applaud celtic at the end as well. Aye we started well but it means **** all

Geoff Kilpatrick

We have played to the extent that they have played for 5 minutes in total.

Can someone give Jammy T a fight? He needs one.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I think we should take Struna off move to a back 3 then bring Currie on. We're beaten anyway so may aswell give it a go.

The one positive of this game is for me, Cathro has got his part spot on. Lack of quality against a team like Celticand individual errors is out of his control

I can't believe people on here are actually complaining about the performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is getting beyond a joke now !!!!!!!

People are saying defensively we have been poor. And we have been.

Shocking that 3 defenders at this level did not read the 1-2 for the 1st goal, esp Struna who should have been ready to track Sinclair.

The performance in this would be acceptable if we had produced similar when it mattered which would have been good enough to beat most teams. Especially Hibs who have barely beaten a Championship side in the last 2 months!  The problem arises in that we didn't and haven't losing and drawing loads of games we should be winning. Now we are to accept playing ok against Celtic but losing anyway!  

Aye, its a great formula for success that little lot.

Samuel Camazzola

Interesting to see Celtic put for an old style kick off. Perhaps the two players don't know of the rule change.

Can someone give Jammy T a fight? He needs one.

Either that or laid. A once good poster who has become as antagonistic as Scott Brown (but with less talent). 

BangkokHearts

What on Earth went on there? Ref has lost the plot.

Captain Sausage

An offside own goal! Awesome officiating!

Sinclair 100% interfering with play. Cross playing to him in offside position.

Fozzyonthefence

Should be 4-0 - GFA doing us huge favours today but we're still going to get humped.

Kitchen isnt technically good at all but has been decent today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sinclair 100% interfering with play. Cross playing to him in offside position.

He wasn't "active" at the point Avlonitis made contact.

Archived