***Heart of Midlothian V Celtic***official match thread***

Beats

MikeySimpson

A rendition of "some ****ing party" if we beat that horrible lot today would be fantastic

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Around this time of the season 30 ish years ago we brought a 31 game Celtic unbeaten run to an end at Tynecastle I think

2-1

Celtic are better than us and whilst they should win today is one of those days where the odds are beaten.

Palace should never be able to beat Chelsea.

We can do it today.

We've spoiled so many opponents parties in the past. Let's spoil this one. Come on Hearts you can do it.

:flagwave:

C8ZqgNtXsAEAksm.jpg

Finally Isma getting a strike partner again. Cathro's obviously been reading my posts! Pleased with that line up. Moe confident than I was 2 minutes ago, although still expecting a defeat.

Recognition that both Nicholson and Walker does not work. Good to see Currie back on bench and two forwards because our midfield does not support a sole striker. Pace-free midfield who will need to cover the wide areas that Celtic will attack.

Barack, on 02 Apr 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

Dembele & Griffiths are out. Confirmed.

That might help a little

The Internet

Delighted we're going with Johnsen and Isma. Makes such a difference having two up there even if Johnsen is off the boil a bit just now.

Think I will change my previous prediction to a more optimistic score draw. Isma to score for us.

Good team

Two strikers

Both Kitchen and Tziolis in midfield.

In theory a stronger spine.

Happy with that.

Why no Djoum or Hughes?

hughes was confirmed earlier in the week that he would not make it due to his injury, dont know about djoum

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Djoum I suspect has been rumbled for paying too much attention to self protection prior to international duty.

Glad someone else has noticed

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Cathro will be more Gandalf than Ferguson if we manage anything more than a loss today.

The BBC love in for Celtic and Rodgers is already making me feel sick. I really, really hope we spoil the party.

The BBC love in for Celtic and Rodgers is already making me feel sick. I really, really hope we spoil the party.

I wonder if he is line for any of the big jobs in a big league when he gets Celtic past the group stages in europe or even win a game in a group?

BRAVEHEART1874

The line up gives some optimism can't see why we can't at least draw especially if Concalves takes his chances.

Forest is hot and cold and Roberts is slightly better just mark these two out the game.

Jeez even sevco could have beat them if waghorn wasn't so chit ;)

alicante jambo

On our day we can beat anyone and sometimes weve shown what were capable of.Our problem has been inconstistency so if we can turn it on we can win.Just have to hope the ref plays his part too though a lot of times weve played celtic weve had a lot of decisions go against us.We need these 3 points come on hearts.2-1 jts.

maroonlegions

Just watched on sky sports the Thumb is in amongst  the Smeltic support, is that in the Roseburn then..??

Well all know what happened the last  time he did that..  FTH.

At this point most people would be screaming at Robbie being too defensive playing 1 striker and a team that looks like it will be bus parked for 90 minutes and pray not to get murdered.

Cathro appears to be looking at this the right way.

We have nothing to lose so let's get the 2 men up front and have a proper go. If we do get murdered at least we went down trying to win rather than trying not to lose.

The Natural Order

If we're lucky Celtic will score a couple early on and start celebrating and take the foot off the gas like we did in 2012. If we're unlucky they'll keep going and have 4/5+ off us.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

alicante jambo

At this point most people would be screaming at Robbie being too defensive playing 1 striker and a team that looks like it will be bus parked for 90 minutes and pray not to get murdered.

Cathro appears to be looking at this the right way.

We have nothing to lose so let's get the 2 men up front and have a proper go. If we do get murdered at least we went down trying to win rather than trying not to lose.

good post bauld i agree with everything youve wrote. COME ON HEARTS

Bazzas right boot

Two strikers yet against ICT and Ross county we go one up front.

Good team selection, nice balance of attack and defence, but i struggle with Cathro's logic game to game.

LeftBack, on 02 Apr 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Sure I've got couple of mhanks near me

Show them a bar of soap and see if they cringe away like Dracula does from a cross

Just had my appendix out, so having to watch it at home. Bit weird watching a game at Tynecastle and not being there. Reckon we'll get a draw today.

Archived