***Heart of Midlothian V Celtic***official match thread***

Beats

At least we only have to play Celtic,Rangers, Aberdeen and St Johnstone once more each.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

At least we only have to play Celtic,Rangers, Aberdeen and St Johnstone once more each.

Er, we play St Johnstone midweek.

Jammy T has gone very quiet.

Drain to unblock - I don't give my missus the same amount jip I give you lot

:)

Well that turned out shit.

At least I am on bus. Get home for Man City v Arsenal game and some drink.

But absolutely ludicrous subs. Goncalves looked well pissed off and rightly so.

Nicholson and Currie ought to be too.

The team worked their asses off today. Disgraceful the amount of fans that walked out. The team didn't deserve that today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonJambo

Drain to unblock - I don't give my missus the same amount jip I give you lot

:)

Jammy

Your better of upto your neck in shit than the stuff we have to put up with on the pitch. Enjoy your U-bend.

best in the land

Not confident in getting a point from any

The team worked their asses off today. Disgraceful the amount of fans that walked out. The team didn't deserve that today.

Piss right off

Geoff Kilpatrick

:cornette:

The back 4 and goalkeeper did what????

Hopefully it sent a message to the incompetent *******s in the boardroom and the dugout though I very much doubt it.

Diadora Van Basten

Stats are surprising Hearts 8 attempts Celtic 9 attempts.

Difference is quality.

That team are lucky anyone turns up to watch them at all. I could count on one hand the number of them I have any respect for at this point. 

5-0 loss

At home

5-0

If your happy with the players after that then you bash on!

Guest Barack

Cowie, at least put him himself about right up until the final whistle despite being 5-0 down.

Chasing, tackling, encouraging others. (I know in the grand scheme of things it's a triviality. Just something I noticed about him today.)

Johnsen should be ashamed, quite honestly. If that's the level of his desire on a weekly basis...

I stayed until the end.

We done decent enough for half an hour or so, though defensively we were shit.

Doing OK for a third of the time is not good enough though , and in the case of Johnson, hopeless for the whole game. How he and the woeful defence last ninety minutes, I don't know. Absolutely bizarre subs.

best in the land

Nicholson been poor as well.

Currie should have come on though

Celtic absolutely clinical as they always seem to be against us.

6 shots on target. 5 goals.

Diadora Van Basten

Cowie, at least put him himself about right up until the final whistle despite being 5-0 down.

Chasing, tackling, encouraging others. (I know in the grand scheme of things it's a triviality. Just something I noticed about him today.)

Johnsen should be ashamed, quite honestly. If that's the level of his desire on a weekly basis...

Cowie is a headless chicken.

kingantti1874

A humping from Celtic shouldn't be the stick to beat a manager's back. We all know they are miles ahead of us.

Pretty sure Neilson took some beatings from Celtic as well.

The defence is terrible, but let's also remember we've got 3 of our preferred starting 4 out.

Neilson was ****ing dire in big games, all of them. Hardly the yardstick..

Other teams always play better against Celtic than we do, we can measure it.. we go into these having no ducking idea how to approach it.. utterly pathetic

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I didn't even bother going.

Thunderstruck

That could have been so very different with some composure in front of goal in the first quarter. Several very good chances spurned by trying to be too clever.

Thought Hearts played very well in first half getting the ball into their half and putting them under a lot of pressure but, as usual, the inevitable loss of concentration and all the good is undone.

Stats are surprising Hearts 8 attempts Celtic 9 attempts.

Difference is quality.

Yup. Really is that simple.

Possession wasn't bad, midfield wasn't bad and actually thought Cowie and Kitchen were good. I can't remember a game against Celtic where we got to their 18yard box as much and put in plenty cross balls. Pity the forwards were rank and defensively we were shocking.

Diadora Van Basten

He seemed like a headless chicken with some kind of determination then.

Determination to get picked for next game. How he lasted 90 mins for the last two matches is beyond me.

Neilson was ******* dire in big games, all of them. Hardly the yardstick..

Strange, I seem to remember us drawing against Celtic twice, beating Aberdeen three times and beating Rangers three times under Neilson.

Guest Barack

Determination to get picked for next game. How he lasted 90 mins for the last two matches is beyond me.

I only see them on TV now mate(which is no bad thing) so I'll defer to your judgement, as you're better placed to comment than me.

Sorry.

Getting stuffed by Celtic is nothing new. Celtic will go from strength to strength and it will be difficult for any Scottish team to stop them. As for Hearts, my opinion is some of our supporters chased away a perfectly good manager and we now have, as is apparent, replaced him with Cathro who is not a managers arsehole. We need to secure top six now and get a new man in asap. Sadly this managerial replacement will not happen. 

5-0 loss

At home

5-0

If your happy with the players after that then you bash on!

To a team that is the equivalent of two leagues above us. Yes that's right. If we had a British league Celtic would be mid table premiership. We would be in league 1. They are that far ahead of us. I am not surprised by this at all. Celtic would be as well just picking up the ten in a row now.

For a period at the start of 2017, it looked as if Cathro had sorted out the defence with Nowak playing in front of Avlonitis and Hughes. But since Hughes got injured: falling off a bus and Nowak moved back to CB there has been no real defensive midfield. Neither Cowie nor Kitchen are capable of defending the midfield.

Djoum and Martin have been found out that they do not like getting their hands dirty. Tziolis is talented but looks like he is looking to impress for a move elsewhere. Walker and Nicolson blow hot & cold and cannot be trusted to put in a fight.

In general terms; the ****ing ****er's ****ed.

A full clear out is required in the summer. But will the new be any better than the old? Levein/Cathro need to brush up their contacts.

Guest Barack

Hearts head coach Ian Cathro on BBC Sportsound:

"The game, if we talk about the first-half, was a balanced game, two teams going toe-to-toe. We saw a competitive balanced game between two teams but Celtic have players of individual quality who step up.

"The first half we showed a strong performance. It's very important that we're creating chances but we have to step up and take those chances. We're a work in progress. No way does the scoreline reflect what happened on the grass."

Enjoy what's left of the weekend everyone. I'm off to sit in the sun with a drink & a good book.

Seymour M Hersh

Goncalves seemed to pick up a groin injury early in 2nd half. Was stretching in front of us in Old Stand.

Piss right off

Apologies that was out of order. I think you are being overly kind to the team though and very critical of fans who have out a hell of a lot into our club.

Seymour M Hersh

Hearts head coach Ian Cathro on BBC Sportsound:

"The game, if we talk about the first-half, was a balanced game, two teams going toe-to-toe. We saw a competitive balanced game between two teams but Celtic have players of individual quality who step up.

"The first half we showed a strong performance. It's very important that we're creating chances but we have to step up and take those chances. We're a work in progress. No way does the scoreline reflect what happened on the grass."

Enjoy what's left of the weekend everyone. I'm off to sit in the sun with a drink & a good book.

He's fairly accurate about the first half their finishing was a level or two above ours but it was fairly even. Second half totally different we collapsed gifting them the 3rd & 4th goals. Two of the attackers cost a combined ?15 million. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ace for a quarter of the game, why I was sure we would give them a game.

Spineless, gutless and cowardly the rest.

The players are not helping the manager. Then some are just marking time

You sound like the wee boy nobody wanted in the team at school....

A full clear out is required in the summer. But will the new be any better than the old? Levein/Cathro need to brush up their contacts.

Surely it can't get much worse?

All roads lead to Gorgie

The only player I could see working his ass off was Cowie.

Apologies that was out of order. I think you are being overly kind to the team though and very critical of fans who have out a hell of a lot into our club.

I just can't stand giving Celtic fans the satisfaction. It breaks my heart to see the stadium empty like that.

SpikeDudley

The fans really want to stick around to watch Celtic win the league right enough

:cornette:

KineticBeat

Agree with Cathros comments on the 1st half. The only difference was that they took their chances and we didnt.

We reverted back to our gutless worst as soon as the 3rd went in though which is worrying. It seems to be that unless we score 1st the confidence goes and we are in trouble.

Our defence is shocking but it should be remembered that 3 of them aren't first choice (sowah Hughes soutarr and Paterson would be mine). No excuse but shows the squad isn't strong enough to compete.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Goncalves seemed to pick up a groin injury early in 2nd half. Was stretching in front of us in Old Stand.

Said before I think his head went after their 2nd. Proper slow as well. I think in a better team he'd be a better player. Also seems to be playing too deep IMO but at least he looks like he gives a ****. One of possibly half a dozen I'd keep

A humping from Celtic shouldn't be the stick to beat a manager's back. We all know they are miles ahead of us.

Pretty sure Neilson took some beatings from Celtic as well.

The defence is terrible, but let's also remember we've got 3 of our preferred starting 4 out.

It is not just a defeat to Celtic though is It?

F,.c, them All my years following Hearts I've had to put up with these glory hunting tims.They are beatable .hhgh

When?

Either being ironic or you're on the wrong board (moronic)?

weegie jambo

I think there is something to said for an all British back four. In all our successful teams there has been a British core(with one or two notable acceptions) with a steel that is sadly lacking in our current line up. Would a back four of Paterson Soutar Hughes and say Rahyras faired better than todays numpties? I think so.....maybe limited it to a 2 goal defeat?

Either being ironic or you're on the wrong board (moronic)?[/quote

If you want to be a laughingstock by not having the balls to take a heavy defeat from a far superior team then why bother turning up. The team was mediocre with the odd display of quality here and there but with the exception of the last 20 mins or so they fought hard despite the onslaught. Tynecastle emptied after the second goal, that's bullshit.

If you want to be a laughingstock by not having the balls to take a heavy defeat from a far superior team then why bother turning up. The team was mediocre with the odd display of quality here and there but with the exception of the last 20 mins or so they fought hard despite the onslaught. Tynecastle emptied after the second goal, that's bullshit.

Does anyone know how many loan players played for us today ?  The chat about 'building and doing our work' is nonsense, how many games do you reckon we will win before he season finishes, my guess is x2 if we are lucky and that is scandalous considering our position when Cathro took over.  Forget todays game, has anyone any idea what sort of 'system', formation or plan the coach is trying to implement ? 

Lucille's Thirsty

I'm at an utter loss to which players I want to stick around.

Same goes for the people in charge too.

Archived