***Aberdeen v Hearts *** The Match Thread***

Beats

The Treasurer

To be honest, I think we're learning how to deal with his style of refereeing.

He certainly lets the more robust challenges / fouls go, that said in the four games we've had him this year, he'd dished out 25 yellows and 4 reds.

An indication he lets the game get out of hand.

I've probably still got a hang up from the Motherwell game he referees a few seasons ago (his brother played for Motherwell and was a youth player with Rangers) which he ignored a blatant foul on our keeper and allowed Motherwell to pip us to 2nd.

He's a reported SevCo fan and whilst one eye may be on Hearts catching up on SevCo, I'm sure the belief is that they can still get 2nd.

Certainly, there have been a number of contentious decisions which would appear to benefit one side of the erse cheek.

Most refs are pretty poor to be honest and I give credit where it is due when they have decent performances.

I'm expecting the game to become a physical battle with an increasing number of cards shown as the game progresses and he loses control.

Lets see how it goes on Sunday then ;)

You mean you're saying that a Scottish referee favours one or other of the arse cheeks ahead of the rest ???????

I can't believe that, surely the media would be all over it if that was the case !!

As for Saturday, we're no longer (not that we ever were) a "big physical" team. So if it gets out of hand it won't be down to us.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IveSeenTheLight

As for Saturday, we're no longer (not that we ever were) a "big physical" team. So if it gets out of hand it won't be down to us.

Yeah, I've heard / read that you guys have not been up for a battle.

Our midfielders (Hayes, McGinn, McLean and Jack) are not renowned for being tough tackling.

Only Shinnie is known to get stuck into a tackle

Maybe it will be a good open game then.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Patrick Thistle are a well organised team, disciplined at defending from a number of situations.

We managed to get a victory despite a great performance from Thomas Cerny.

Even PHM`s in here were saying what a good keeper he was.

A team that recently beat Hearts 2-0.

A far different opposition than Hamilton whom you played at the weekend

Ah. Hamilton, a team you have failed to score against twice, and you are dissing a 4-0 trouncing?

:cornette:

IveSeenTheLight

Ah. Hamilton, a team you have failed to score against twice, and you are dissing a 4-0 trouncing?

Your confusing yourself Dame Gio ;)

You compared our weekend 1-0 win over Partick Thistle with your 4-0 win over Hamilton.

Partick Thistle game was possibly one of the worst games I have seen. I didn't think it could get worse than the Tynecastle derby, but that game was awful.

If Aberdeen are playing well, you would expect them to do something similar to what this struggling Hearts team did on Saturday

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Your confusing yourself Dame Gio ;)

You compared our weekend 1-0 win over Partick Thistle with your 4-0 win over Hamilton.

I must have misinterpreted you then. But you were not being complimentary about Hamilton, yet Hamilton are another team you don't really manage to do well against. A bit of a scrambled effort even at home. I wouldn't say there was a yawning gap between Hamilton and Thistle would you. I find it hard to imagine why you would think that when you have P3 W1 D0 L2 F2 A3 with Hamilton. Strange. 

Don't get me wrong, the table doesn't lie, Aberdeen find a way to win, but more often than not, it isn't pretty. When Hearts win it often is a win with substance, but the wins are not often enough.

Blended Spaces

Our 30-year stranglehold over Hibs has come to an end and it appears our 20-year stranglehold over Aberdeen is too, such is the soft, meek club that we have become over the past couple of years.

A 0-0 draw at best here, followed by Celtic winning the league at Tynecastle and defeat to the Perth Fermers, leaving us rooted to 5th spot. We beat Hamilton 4-0, though, so everything will still be rosy in the garden.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Our 30-year stranglehold over Hibs has come to an end and it appears our 20-year stranglehold over Aberdeen is too, such is the soft, meek club that we have become over the past couple of years.

A 0-0 draw at best here, followed by Celtic winning the league at Tynecastle and defeat to the Perth Fermers, leaving us rooted to 5th spot. We beat Hamilton 4-0, though, so everything will still be rosy in the garden.

Aye lost 1 out of the last 5 against Aberdeen, neither of the last 2 in Aberdeen, 2 clean sheets. Reeking

IveSeenTheLight

I must have misinterpreted you then. But you were not being complimentary about Hamilton, yet Hamilton are another team you don't really manage to do well against. A bit of a scrambled effort even at home. I wouldn't say there was a yawning gap between Hamilton and Thistle would you. I find it hard to imagine why you would think that when you have P3 W1 D0 L2 F2 A3 with Hamilton. Strange. 

Don't get me wrong, the table doesn't lie, Aberdeen find a way to win, but more often than not, it isn't pretty. When Hearts win it often is a win with substance, but the wins are not often enough.

It's true, our results against Hamilton this year have been poor.

Our form since Christmas time has been pretty sensational.

We have played 14 times, winning 12 games, losing twice (Celtic and Hamilton both 1-0's), scoring 27 goals and conceding only 6 in all competitions.

I'm more than happy averaging almost two goals a game and only conceding 1 goal every 2.333 games

August Landmesser

When did Hibs beat Hamilton 4-0? Last time they played, it was 2-0 to Accies - Hibs didn't even score 4 penalties... Remember that do you BS?

IveSeenTheLight

I am toying with thinking it will be a goalless affair.

There just too many uncertainties coming up against this Hearts team.

For your point of view, I'm sure it will be interesting to see if its a similar scenario, getting a really good performance at home, but will it transfer to your away games

well, your allegiances certainly shine through with your 5 posts so far. My ignore list contnues to grow; enjoy your short spell here

When did Hibs beat Hamilton 4-0? Last time they played, it was 2-0 to Accies - Hibs didn't even score 4 penalties... Remember that do you BS?

Unfortunate initials from the new guy !

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I am toying with thinking it will be a goalless affair.

There just too many uncertainties coming up against this Hearts team.

For your point of view, I'm sure it will be interesting to see if its a similar scenario, getting a really good performance at home, but will it transfer to your away games

You might want to reply to this one in April.

On your previous point, I don't think Aberdeens form is sensational, it is strong in results. Some of these performances have been pretty ordinary to be honest, but credit where it is due, Aberdeen have something Hearts haven't had, a directness, a willingness to go through the pain barrier and a will to win.

I see most of Aberdeens games (the other half) and I see a team that hasn't changed very much. It runs all day and bombs the box, nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it is not very pretty. I could summarise it by saying both teams have made their own luck, but we have enormous talent when the application is correct.

Bazzas right boot

Aberdeen pissed all over us at Tynecastle.

They are on solid if not good form, we are hit or miss.

I'd take a point,bug you never know.

Looking forward to waking to the news that we have defeated Aberdeen 3-1.

Or 4-1. Not quite sure.

Blended Spaces

Aye lost 1 out of the last 5 against Aberdeen, neither of the last 2 in Aberdeen, 2 clean sheets. Reeking

And... that one game was the most recent encounter. A performance that is up there with the two against Hibs in the gutless stakes. Twice in two seasons they have came to Tynecastle Park and we have been lucky to escape with the scorelines we did.

well, your allegiances certainly shine through with your 5 posts so far. My ignore list contnues to grow; enjoy your short spell here

Post some harsh truths about the current state of the Hertz - and you must be a Hibernian. :rofl:

August Landmesser

Unfortunate initials from the new guy !

Was thinking that too, although with my initials I thought I'd better keep quiet! :)

August Landmesser

And... that one game was the most recent encounter. A performance that is up there with the two against Hibs in the gutless stakes. Twice in two seasons they have came to Tynecastle Park and we have been lucky to escape with the scorelines we did.

Post some harsh truths about the current state of the Hertz Yams likesay - and you must be a Hibernian. :rofl:

FTFY

Post some harsh truths about the current state of the Hertz - and you must be a Hibernian. :rofl:

If you're going to pretend to be a fan? at least get the name right, just a wee tip :beatnik2:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Or maybe just a penis

Bowmans_Boot

I am very confident about this match as I believe Cathro/MacPhee will have learned from the last match and will ensure we are not dominated like we were then.

A comfortable 2-0 win for us :) 

20 year stranglehold over AFC? I agree Hearts have had a better team than AFC for more than half of the last 20 years but Aberdeen look well set this season to finish above Hearts in the league placings for what would be the 5th year in a row. Which makes your comment of a 20 year stranglehold a tad strange. Had to chuckle at the Hearts fan on here totally playing down Aberdeen's recent form of 12 wins in 14 games because they don't always look like Brazil 1982 when they win...had Hearts had exactly the same run under Cathro (scoring 28 goals and conceding only 7 in the process) he'd be jizzing all over the place on here about how great his team is. He even said when Hearts win they normally do it in style whereas Aberdeen always just grind it out. He must have missed them scoring 7 against Motherwell and 5 against Killie. And completely playing Hearts off the park at Tynecastle. Football fans eh? Gotta love them

Toddle off ,this typing thing you are attempting is a result of pulling your fingers out of your sisters gash,frightening isn't it

Post some harsh truths about the current state of the Hertz - and you must be a Hibernian.

All subtly out the window now. This quote belongs on .net :lol:

Looking forward to multiple lengthy posts from I've seen the light which I can ignore completely.

Some stats Aberdeen last 9 games.

6 have finished 1 0 2 of the other 3 have been 1 0 well into the last 10 minutes and the odd one out

:muggy:

Don't be expecting goals, the pitch is rolled mud and sand

1-4 Cmon Hearts

Looking forward to multiple lengthy posts from I've seen the light which I can ignore completely.

Its tiresome eh.

Shoulda known he'd be all over this thread.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

20 year stranglehold over AFC? I agree Hearts have had a better team than AFC for more than half of the last 20 years but Aberdeen look well set this season to finish above Hearts in the league placings for what would be the 5th year in a row. Which makes your comment of a 20 year stranglehold a tad strange. Had to chuckle at the Hearts fan on here totally playing down Aberdeen's recent form of 12 wins in 14 games because they don't always look like Brazil 1982 when they win...had Hearts had exactly the same run under Cathro (scoring 28 goals and conceding only 7 in the process) he'd be jizzing all over the place on here about how great his team is. He even said when Hearts win they normally do it in style whereas Aberdeen always just grind it out. He must have missed them scoring 7 against Motherwell and 5 against Killie. And completely playing Hearts off the park at Tynecastle. Football fans eh? Gotta love them

Check the head to head over 20 years or even just for 2016

:smugger:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/beating-aberdeen-would-put-marker-down-for-hearts-next-season-1-4393015

Some stats in here for you

The guys on the wind up

Oh a new Aberdonian arsehole to talk shite and have sly digs, just what we needed.

Every post so far you talk about hibs.... your not even trying to hide it

IveSeenTheLight

You might want to reply to this one in April.

Why?

On your previous point, I don't think Aberdeens form is sensational, it is strong in results. 

Really!!!!!!!

I'm sure you'd love 12 wins out of 14.

27 goals for with only 6 against.

At least try to be a realist ;)

I see most of Aberdeens games (the other half) and I see a team that hasn't changed very much. It runs all day and bombs the box, nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it is not very pretty. I could summarise it by saying both teams have made their own luck, but we have enormous talent when the application is correct.

I do get the impression that you attend more Aberdeen games than Hearts.

You obviously married into some sense ;)

Attending is not the same as witnessing and whilst we can be conventional and repetitive by utilising our strengths, it is also interspersed with some really neat, intricate football.

I'm a realist that understands that its highly unlikely that we can get that more often and more consistently as if we did, the players would be so good they would be snapped up to play elsewhere

I go back to my point 12 wins out of 14 is something everyone in the SPFL (bar Celtic) would love and is form which could have won the league last year..

I think we regressed last year, but are looking a lot stronger this year.

Blended Spaces

We still outshine you over the past two decades. I'm talking about our dominant head to head record.

Nobody really cares about you making the most of a league with no Hearts, Hibs or Rangers, tbh.

Hearts Win

Aberdeen have added pressure of the home winning run they are trying to beat

0-1 Goncalves

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Why?

Really!!!!!!!

Attending is not the same as witnessing and whilst we can be conventional and repetitive by utilising our strengths, it is also interspersed with some really neat, intricate football.

I'm a realist that understands that its highly unlikely that we can get that more often and more consistently as if we did, the players would be so good they would be snapped up to play elsewhere

I go back to my point 12 wins out of 14 is something everyone in the SPFL (bar Celtic) would love and is form which could have won the league last year..

A lot of games on the telly. I don't attend any Aberdeen games I don't have to. Pittodrie is not a very nice place.

Losing 1-0 at Hamilton, beating Motherwell, Ross Co etc 1-0 with late goals, well that may be sensational form for you. Its a good run which was acknowledged. But the style is exactly why so many Hearts fans objected to Neilson. If you are telling me any of these recent encounters I have mentioned were stylish, then I know you are at it.

You regressed last year? I doubt you will reach the same points despite your frivolous claim you are stronger. I don't see anything different to be honest. I see a fit, physical, committed and consistent team, that has a good game plan. Any time they vary from the game plan e.g flair player Maddison, results begin to suffer. You should realise these are compliments, you should be happy, these are terrific days for Aberdeen.

Hearts however, we as fans would prefer to gamble with a different method of football. Very good article by Paul Ritchie in the Edinburgh Evening News today, might be educational for you

IveSeenTheLight

A lot of games on the telly. I don't attend any Aberdeen games I don't have to. Pittodrie is not a very nice place.

Blatant lie,

You've "witnessed" a number of games which was not on the telly.

Partick Thistle (home), away to Ayr in the cup.

That's dedication to the Dons for you ;)

Losing 1-0 at Hamilton, beating Motherwell, Ross Co etc 1-0 with late goals, well that may be sensational form for you. Its a good run which was acknowledged. But the style is exactly why so many Hearts fans objected to Neilson. If you are telling me any of these recent encounters I have mentioned were stylish, then I know you are at it.

Your clearly out of touch with reality.

Its a sign of a great team that can grind out results when not playing at the top of your game.

The 1-0's v Partick and Ross County, both keepers were man of the match. Truly outstanding displays by Fox and Cerny

You regressed last year? I doubt you will reach the same points despite your frivolous claim you are stronger.

Yes we regressed last year and are stronger this year.

Knocked out of both cups in the first stage last year, this year, in the final of one and the semi of the other (with a good chance to get to the second final this year)

Two years ago we attained 75 points, last year 71 point (regression) with this year on 55 after 28 games (average 1.964 points per game) and need 16 point in the remaining 10 games to match last years tally.

We'll maybe kick off the hunt for those 16+ points starting with 3 this Saturday ;)

Were also scoring more and conceding less this year

So you may think its frivolous, but the reality is its the truth, you just want to blinker your eyes to the truth..

In your opinion, have Hearts progressed or regressed this year?

Hearts however, we as fans would prefer to gamble with a different method of football. Very good article by Paul Ritchie in the Edinburgh Evening News today, might be educational for you

Yes yes, I've said before I applaud the thinking outside the box and going for an alternative plan.

The jury is still out if it is successful or not and will be a long time before anyone can with any justification, make an assessment if it has been successful or not.

You've always been strong at home, you've had some great results at Tynecastle.

Your away form is shocking though.

As I said earlier, it will be interesting to see on Saturday to see if its a similar scenario, getting a really good performance at home, but will it transfer to your away games

Away table     GP W D L GF GA GD Pts 1 Glasgow Celtic 13 12 1 0 37 12 +25 37 2 Aberdeen 14 7 1 6 21 16 +5 22 3 St Johnstone 14 6 4 4 17 15 +2 22 4 Glasgow Rangers 15 5 4 6 18 24 -6 19 5 Kilmarnock 15 4 6 5 13 26 -13 18 6 Partick Thistle 13 4 4 5 13 15 -2 16 7 Motherwell 15 4 4 7 15 27 -12 16 8 Ross County 14 3 5 6 13 21 -8 14 9 Hearts 13 3 4 6 18 24 -6 13 10 Dundee FC 14 3 2 9 14 23 -9 11 11 Inverness 14 1 5 8 12 27 -15 8 12 Hamilton 14 0 6 8 10 27 -17 6

Aberdeen still think we care? Weird obsession with us.

The Dons have peaked. They will never be better than they are now. We are on the rise and unfortunately so are Hibs.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If Aberdeen win this, we go 17 points clear of Hearts.

That's got to sting lads.

Not really. 4th bar a bit of prize money is going to get the same as 2nd. We have had a major haul of the playing squad twice this season and a new manager. Not excuses, because we strongly believe there have been flaws in recruitment. Aberdeen still have a steady base and continue to churn out good results.

The derby defeat stung. Unfortunately for us, we still find ourselves in transition, we had hoped that this season would be better following the immediate promotion.

To answer ISL. Yes we have regressed, but I don't honestly see how Aberdeen have gone too far forward. The cup draws were reasonably kind, let me clarify I don't think ours were hard either. But we don't have the consistency. What I have seen from us though are some really sparkling performances. Destructions, and in good style. We are either really good or really bad with not much in between, but that is what change will bring.

Unless we sort it out this time, next year will be the same, but ending the season 30+ behind Celtic, or 40+ or even 50+ behind Celtic, is pretty poor for anyone in all truth. That's what would sting more, coupled with some abysmal cup form.

Not really. 4th bar a bit of prize money is going to get the same as 2nd. We have had a major haul of the playing squad twice this season and a new manager. Not excuses, because we strongly believe there have been flaws in recruitment. Aberdeen still have a steady base and continue to churn out good results.

The derby defeat stung. Unfortunately for us, we still find ourselves in transition, we had hoped that this season would be better following the immediate promotion.

To answer ISL. Yes we have regressed, but I don't honestly see how Aberdeen have gone too far forward. The cup draws were reasonably kind, let me clarify I don't think ours were hard either. But we don't have the consistency. What I have seen from us though are some really sparkling performances. Destructions, and in good style. We are either really good or really bad with not much in between, but that is what change will bring.

Unless we sort it out this time, next year will be the same, but ending the season 30+ behind Celtic, or 40+ or even 50+ behind Celtic, is pretty poor for anyone in all truth. That's what would sting more, coupled with some abysmal cup form.

I'll say this gently, but not if Hibs win the Scottish Cup......

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Blatant lie,

You've "witnessed" a number of games which was not on the telly.

Partick Thistle (home), away to Ayr in the cup.

That's dedication to the Dons for you ;)

Your clearly out of touch with reality.

Its a sign of a great team that can grind out results when not playing at the top of your game.

The 1-0's v Partick and Ross County, both keepers were man of the match. Truly outstanding displays by Fox and Cerny

Yes we regressed last year and are stronger this year.

Knocked out of both cups in the first stage last year, this year, in the final of one and the semi of the other (with a good chance to get to the second final this year)

Two years ago we attained 75 points, last year 71 point (regression) with this year on 55 after 28 games (average 1.964 points per game) and need 16 point in the remaining 10 games to match last years tally.

We'll maybe kick off the hunt for those 16+ points starting with 3 this Saturday ;)

Were also scoring more and conceding less this year

So you may think its frivolous, but the reality is its the truth, you just want to blinker your eyes to the truth..

In your opinion, have Hearts progressed or regressed this year?

Yes yes, I've said before I applaud the thinking outside the box and going for an alternative plan.

The jury is still out if it is successful or not and will be a long time before anyone can with any justification, make an assessment if it has been successful or not.

You've always been strong at home, you've had some great results at Tynecastle.

Your away form is shocking though.

As I said earlier, it will be interesting to see on Saturday to see if its a similar scenario, getting a really good performance at home, but will it transfer to your away games

Away table     GP W D L GF GA GD Pts 1 Glasgow Celtic 13 12 1 0 37 12 +25 37 2 Aberdeen 14 7 1 6 21 16 +5 22 3 St Johnstone 14 6 4 4 17 15 +2 22 4 Glasgow Rangers 15 5 4 6 18 24 -6 19 5 Kilmarnock 15 4 6 5 13 26 -13 18 6 Partick Thistle 13 4 4 5 13 15 -2 16 7 Motherwell 15 4 4 7 15 27 -12 16 8 Ross County 14 3 5 6 13 21 -8 14 9 Hearts 13 3 4 6 18 24 -6 13 10 Dundee FC 14 3 2 9 14 23 -9 11 11 Inverness 14 1 5 8 12 27 -15 8 12 Hamilton 14 0 6 8 10 27 -17 6

Partick Thistle wasn't on the telly, I must have imagined it! Yes I was at Somerset earlier in the season. Other than that I have been to Pittodrie once. I seen the classics against Kilmarnock and Hamilton too very recently. Sparkling so they were. 22 balls into the box, roughly 20 won by Mikey Devlin, you couldn't defend 1 similar ball into the box, sparkling.

Out of interest, how many points did you have after 28 games last season? You are pretty much on target to be the same again. It wasn't surprising you got knocked out of the cups early last season, none at all. This season, the draws have been kinder, as I have stated in another post our draw has not been unkind.

For Hearts we have gone through a pretty dramatic change since we sat 2nd on November 30. Rangers are still in some sort of transition too. Therefore it is little surprise that Aberdeen have churned it out. If you want to list the results I think that is quite clear. Please don't use the 7-2 game as some sort of norm. Dundee were 5-1 at Fir Park the same week! At half time!!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'll say this gently, but not if Hibs win the Scottish Cup......

Lightning......not twice!!! And they would have to beat the mighty Dons!!!! Not to mention either Celtic going for a treble, or the revenge match!

IveSeenTheLight

Out of interest, how many points did you have after 28 games last season? You are pretty much on target to be the same again.

Again, you need to consider context.

Yes, we have massivley taken the foot off the pedal post split the last two years, because we could afford to and still retain 2nd.

We lost 5 out of the last 6, because we weren't going to win the league and 2nd was secure.

We were relatively poor at the start of this year, but you cannot accept that for teams apart form Celtic, 12 wins out of 14 is to die for.

What other team in the SPFL has achieved this sequence?

For Hearts we have gone through a pretty dramatic change since we sat 2nd on November 30. 

Please, it was a false 2nd as you'd played more games.

As I said earlier, I applaud Hearts for trying something different, its genuinely interesting to see how it pans out.

As it stands, you could be having another dramatic change this summer with 9 1st team squad players out of contract as I understand it.

I can't recall any teams who turnover so many and the instability that causes doing anything of note.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Again, you need to consider context.

Yes, we have massivley taken the foot off the pedal post split the last two years, because we could afford to and still retain 2nd.

We lost 5 out of the last 6, because we weren't going to win the league and 2nd was secure.

We were relatively poor at the start of this year, but you cannot accept that for teams apart form Celtic, 12 wins out of 14 is to die for.

What other team in the SPFL has achieved this sequence?

Please, it was a false 2nd as you'd played more games.

As I said earlier, I applaud Hearts for trying something different, its genuinely interesting to see how it pans out.

As it stands, you could be having another dramatic change this summer with 9 1st team squad players out of contract as I understand it.

I can't recall any teams who turnover so many and the instability that causes doing anything of note.

Great, so you will get 15 points after the split! We will see!

I think you will find I said Aberdeens results were strong. You seem desperate to ignore that. But they haven't done anything remarkable in that run, beyond the Motherwell game, which I think we can safely say was more about Motherwell, if you are really bothered about context.

As far as Hearts go, you will find me all over this forum from the moment Neilson left to the point we brought in 9 players saying it was too much change. You may have some changes to cope with this time around, you too have work to do this summer.

Why?

Really!!!!!!!

Aberdeen fans shag sheep.

Ewe?

If Aberdeen win this, we go 17 points clear of Hearts.

That's got to sting lads.

How ironic then that we possibly could into the same round of the Europa League if things pan out as expected.

THAT'S got to sting !

Archived