***Aberdeen v Hearts *** The Match Thread***

Beats

After a good win on Saturday we have a much tougher test against Aberdeen up there.

Having said that we seem to do well against Aberdeen in general and I think a point is achievable.

2-2. Both sides to lead at one point. Hearts will open the scoring with Jamie Walker and Goncalves will equalise late on.

Heads up this is on BT Sport, 12.15 Kick Off.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fireeagle51

Will be a quality away day with the lads, just need the perfect result. Cmon the JTs [emoji1203][emoji1203][emoji1145][emoji1145][emoji1145][emoji1203][emoji1203][emoji1203]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bridge of Djoum

I think I'll await the official match thread before giving a prediction.

Oh, and It's Monday!

Lincon Premier

A few years ago I picked up a couple of the Real Maroon boys, the main striker at the time and he had a bottle in his hand before we reached the city limits.Went into the dressing rooms most of Real had beer in their hands much to the shock of the Intermalamb players. Won the game and on to the match. They had me park in the wrong car park and had to enter the ground by the players entrance ( due to walking difficulties ) onto the pitch side and into the stand.

Enjoyed the trip to Aberdeen and sadly can't make it any more but will be with the team in spirit.

3-1 Hearts

A different game for us because it's the first one probably since Cathro's been in charge where we'll not be expecting a result. The game at Ibrox was on the back of Robbie's Rangers win and we were expected to do well and home advantage against Aberdeen at New Year meant we were expected to do better than we did.

Aberdeen are on a great run just now though and more than that are managing to win even when they're struggling in games. The application we showed against Rangers and at the weekend against Hamilton will be needed from the first whistle.

Not been to Aberdeen for a good few years, I can't remember the game but can remember the snow. I think Temps came on to make his debut. Looking forward to this one, would take a draw without doubt right now.

Mars plastic

No requirement of BT for this cat. 9.30am train up to Aberdeen then taxi straight to the ground.

The IC revolution to step up another gear with the world famous super Edinburgh jt's to win 2-1.

Bridge of Djoum

No requirement of BT for this cat. 9.30am train up to Aberdeen then taxi straight to the ground.

The IC revolution to step up another gear with the world famous super Edinburgh jt's to win 2-1.

All aboard the wing mirror express!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some stats Aberdeen last 9 games.

6 have finished 1 0 2 of the other 3 have been 1 0 well into the last 10 minutes and the odd one out

:muggy:

Don't be expecting goals, the pitch is rolled mud and sand

Mars plastic

All aboard the wing mirror express!

If I ever see a headline in the evening news that says 'Edinburgh man leathered in new york' I'll have everything crossed for it being you.

Bridge of Djoum

If I ever see a headline in the evening news that says 'Edinburgh man leathered in new york' I'll have everything crossed for it being you.

Classy stuff. Right up there with your thoughts on Eric Cullen.

A different game for us because it's the first one probably since Cathro's been in charge where we'll not be expecting a result.

Don't think we were expecting a result at Celtic Park back in January :whistling:

:lol: :lol:

Mars plastic

No wonder, mate. The boy just nips away. Brings absolutely nothing of substance to the discussion.

Don't think we were expecting a result at Celtic Park back in January :whistling:

Haha somehow I've actually blocked that out :D

Bridge of Djoum

No wonder, mate. The boy just nips away. Brings absolutely nothing of substance to the discussion.

Hark at Gore Vidal over there.

I agree with you mate, I'll be watching those paper headlines in hope :thumbsup:

Bridge of Djoum

Either go bother another thread or keep on topic please.

I kicked off with a sly, cheeky dig. You replied with wishes of violence. You lost any hope of moral high ground right there.

''Back on topic''

Sadly I think we will struggle up there. A 1-1 draw is about the Best outcome I can see. Narrow loss more likely though. Obviously hope I'm wrong.

Bridge of Djoum

I agree with you mate, I'll be watching those paper headlines in hope :thumbsup:

More likely looking at the pictures than reading the words.

Mars plastic

I kicked off with a sly, cheeky dig. You replied with wishes of violence. You lost any hope of moral high ground right there.

''Back on topic''

Sadly I think we will struggle up there. A 1-1 draw is about the Best outcome I can see. Narrow loss more likely though. Obviously hope I'm wrong.

So why kick off with a sly dig? Utterly pointless.

More likely looking at the pictures than reading the words.

If there's a picture of your bloody nose then why not.

Bridge of Djoum

If there's a picture of your bloody nose then why not.

A double act!

How cute!!

I felt optimistic heading to the game on Saturday, and see no reason to allow pessimism back into my psyche.  So I'm going for a resounding 2-0 win.  Walker and Goncalves to do the honours.  Cowie to boss midfield.  Cathro to hide in the dugout while Austin bawls the team out from the sideline, and Daly picks up tweets from Levein.

Schevchenko

I was at the 3-1 game with Stevo scorin the last, the sheep were absolutely ragin, it was quality!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nothing to lose in our next 2 games as zero points is my prediction so come on the JTs!!!

I8 as positive as ever.

I'm looking at a 2-1 win but I might be giving too much credit to Aberdeen for making a game of it.

Hope the weather doesn't have any negative impact on the game.

Hearts to sneak it at the end 0-1 or 1-2, last minute goal, I think the team will have its confident head on.

Thought Police

Does every thread require you to tell everyone what a die hard fan you are?

After a good win on Saturday we have a much tougher test against Aberdeen up there.

Having said that we seem to do well against Aberdeen in general and I think a point is achievable.

2-2. Both sides to lead at one point. Hearts will open the scoring with Jamie Walker and Goncalves will equalise late on.

Heads up this is on BT Sport, 12.15 Kick Off.

I'm working until 12.00. Hopefully I will be home for the start of the second half, all depends on the punctuality of my train.

What's "massive" about it?!

A few things:

We really need another 3 points in order to keep our (narrowing) hopes of 3rd place alive.

With the Celtic game next, we need to go into that on the back of two wins and two good performances.

If we lose this then get smashed by Celtic, it's possible that heads will go down, then we'll lose to St Johnstone and be looking at the bottom 6.

We need to show we can beat higher placed teams regularly and that the Rangers demolition was not a one-off

What's "massive" about it?!

Depends how people define " massive".

If we win, the hooped demons can tie up the League prior to coming to Tynecastle.

That and three vital points would make it pretty big in most people.

Archived