***Aberdeen v Hearts *** The Match Thread***

Beats

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How ironic then that we possibly could into the same round of the Europa League if things pan out as expected.

THAT'S got to sting !

Possibly not.

If Man Utd finish outside of the top 4 and win the Europa League (both very likely), they go into the Champs League but their Europa League spot from winning the league cup is opened up, meaning all the leagues essentially move up a place.

Long story short, the Scottish Cup winners (or the side finishing second should Celtic win it) would start in QR2 if Man U win the Europa League.

Possibly not.

That applies to your 17 point troll attempt also..his point stands.

Possibly not.

If Man Utd finish outside of the top 4 and win the Europa League (both very likely), they go into the Champs League but their Europa League spot from winning the league cup is opened up, meaning all the leagues essentially move up a place.

Long story short, the Scottish Cup winners (or the side finishing second should Celtic win it) would start in QR2 if Man U win the Europa League.

Possiblys all over the place.

I'm sure Lyon or Roma will have other ideas.

Barring a calamity, i'm sure we both shall be going into the 2nd round EL draw.

The extra money you get for finishing whatever points ahead can go to the new stadium !

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Possiblys all over the place.

I'm sure Lyon or Roma will have other ideas.

Barring a calamity, i'm sure we both shall be going into the 2nd round EL draw.

The extra money you get for finishing whatever points ahead can go to the new stadium !

Or bus fare to the country

If Aberdeen win this, we go 17 points clear of Hearts.

That's got to sting lads.

Of all the things which might 'sting' about following hearts at the moment, the number of points gap to Aberdeen ranks pretty low on my own personal list.

Bazzas right boot

If Aberdeen win this, we go 17 points clear of Hearts.

That's got to sting lads.

Tbh I'm more pissed rangers are ahead off us.

You guys have a solid, decent team that has been built up over 5/6 years.

Folk argueing otherwise are just at it.

You are better than us atm, i won't argue that.

However, you have a aging team, ourselves, rangers and possibly hibs will improve next year and you are funding a new stadium.

You might look back on this in two or three seasons and class this as a relative" glory" period.

Ranges are pish and the fact we fell apart in Dec/ Jan has left them get ahead is embarrassing.

You boys have a good team in this league.

Bazzas right boot

Of all the things which might 'sting' about following hearts at the moment, the number of points gap to Aberdeen ranks pretty low on my own personal list.

Lol, aye, can't be said any clearer than that

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Right, so who's all going up to Aberdeen on Saturday?

Why wait until Saturday

Possibly not.

EH Its like whack a ****ing mole! :D Sheepie was cool but now theres loads of you on here.  (FWIW as long as its not OF I don't mind, everyone else can actually contribute to debate.. to some extent.

Anyone mind Sheepie and Mitch - the killie guy, ah those were the days :)

Anyway, back on topic.

Hopefully the team have began to gel a bit better, on our day we are unplayable and hopefully the eratic performances have stopped. That said I'd take a scrappy 1-0 just to get us 3 points closer to the possibility of 3rd :)

Aberdeen are in their last period of enjoying league dominance ,after the absence of Hearts and Rangers ,which kickstarted it for them a few years back.

Did mighty Motherwell not pip them for runners up a few years back? That must've stung.....

Torry Jambo

Right, so who's all going up to Aberdeen on Saturday?

I and my son will be.

One of only 2 games a season,I don't have to get a Train or lift by car to.

AlphonseCapone

Our 30-year stranglehold over Hibs has come to an end and it appears our 20-year stranglehold over Aberdeen is too, such is the soft, meek club that we have become over the past couple of years.

A 0-0 draw at best here, followed by Celtic winning the league at Tynecastle and defeat to the Perth Fermers, leaving us rooted to 5th spot. We beat Hamilton 4-0, though, so everything will still be rosy in the garden.

Has this hibs ***** been emptied yet?

Draw at best but fear a defeat. They are currently a fair bit better than us. Happy if I'm completely wrong.

Has this hibs ***** been emptied yet?

Draw at best but fear a defeat. They are currently a fair bit better than us. Happy if I'm completely wrong.

I'm sure you're right and I'm equally sure you see a lot more Scottish football than I do.  What I wonder though is just how good we are.  I honestly don't think we know yet.  Aberdeen certainly have a settled squad and clearly have some good players.  We have good players too but imo we are far from settled at this point.

I'm really hoping that against this worthy oponent on Saturday, we get a real guage of how well we can play.

Mars plastic

Bottle of LP and a 2008 VC chilling nicely in the fridge for tomorrow morning's journey. Cesny, let me know if you drink champers and I'll stick a glass in for you too.

The Treasurer

Possibly not.

Whatever scenario you like to dream up, the fact is ALL Scottish EL qualifiers start in the first round.

FarmerTweedy

A few things:

We really need another 3 points in order to keep our (narrowing) hopes of 3rd place alive.

With the Celtic game next, we need to go into that on the back of two wins and two good performances.

If we lose this then get smashed by Celtic, it's possible that heads will go down, then we'll lose to St Johnstone and be looking at the bottom 6.

We need to show we can beat higher placed teams regularly and that the Rangers demolition was not a one-off

FFS! From above is the only way we'll be looking at the bottom six!

FarmerTweedy

A SC semi against Aberdeen would have been "massive"

TBH I just don't rate any remaining games this season as being "massive" - including the game on Saturday where we are basically trying to retain our position as 4th best loser.

You might want to rethink that!

Lincon Premier

Couldn't really care about where Aberdeen are at the moment. What gets me is Sevco being above us when we had gilt edged chances of going above them. Don't so much care where we end up this season as long as it's above Sevco. Unfortunately the officials will have something to say before that happens.

FarmerTweedy

Good for you.

3rd best loser - "massive" right enough.

So you think 1st place is best loser then?

Bottle of LP and a 2008 VC chilling nicely in the fridge for tomorrow morning's journey. Cesny, let me know if you drink champers and I'll stick a glass in for you too.

You going by train?

We are indeed.

Well you might want to leave your drink chilling in the fridge as you won't be allowed to drink it on the train

Looks pretty fair and respectful for me.

I'm hoping for a really good open game, end to end, both teams going at it and probably the least unlikely, the ref doesn't spoil the game.

How is it weather wise at the minute.

I'm afraid the pitch may have a bearing on how good the game is.......however....i've started watching games from the early seventies and the pitches were bogs ! Some of the football was terrific....blood and snotters !

A right tear up and i'll be delighted.

AlphonseCapone

I'm sure you're right and I'm equally sure you see a lot more Scottish football than I do. What I wonder though is just how good we are. I honestly don't think we know yet. Aberdeen certainly have a settled squad and clearly have some good players. We have good players too but imo we are far from settled at this point.

I'm really hoping that against this worthy oponent on Saturday, we get a real guage of how well we can play.

I think that's the biggest difference between us tbh, they are settled, been fairly consistent for a few years. I'm not so sure they necessarily have better quality. I've no doubts we will be better than them in a couple of years.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm afraid the pitch may have a bearing on how good the game is.......however....i've started watching games from the early seventies and the pitches were bogs ! Some of the football was terrific....blood and snotters !

A cool murky day. Heavy rain predicted this afternoon

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Looks pretty fair and respectful for me.

I'm hoping for a really good open game, end to end, both teams going at it and probably the least unlikely, the ref doesn't spoil the game.

McInnes saying everything I have said yet you seem not to be picking up on how it can be "hard work ".

I hope the referee doesn't send off our players for being head butted or award a penalty for the ball hitting our back.

I?m expecting to lose tomorrow due to Aberdeen?s form, stability, consistency and togetherness so anything will be a bonus.  I accept Aberdeen are better than us so will not be too hard on us losing.  What I will be proper ****ed off with is if we don?t turn up.  I?m sick of it.  So many times we have dished out a humping to a team then next game we are posted AWOL.  It simply is not acceptable.

IveSeenTheLight

The weather is fine and looks ok for tomorrow.

I think the pitch may play a small part in the game tomorrow and I expect a good hard, close fought game.

It will be tight and I'm half expecting good chances to be limited both ends

IveSeenTheLight

I think that's the biggest difference between us tbh, they are settled, been fairly consistent for a few years. I'm not so sure they necessarily have better quality. I've no doubts we will be better than them in a couple of years.

Its hard to determine what both sides will look like in a couple of years.

I certainly don't hold out much hope for Hearts having a similar team come the start of next season.

We have a few key players who are out of contract, so we may see some changes this summer too.

I hope its a blend, get one or two to sign on aka Hayes, whilst freshen up the squad by replacing those that opt to leave

IveSeenTheLight

McInnes saying everything I have said yet you seem not to be picking up on how it can be "hard work ".

:cornette:

Ach Dame Gio, your just trying to wind me up, but I see right through you.

I don't interpret what you said as the same as Mcinnes and I don't think you accept when I said "Its a sign of a great team that can grind out results when not playing at the top of your game."

I hope the referee doesn't send off our players for being head butted or award a penalty for the ball hitting our back.

Double 

:cornette: :cornette:

Where has that come from?

I don't recall any controversial games where Aberdeen have head butted opposition players and they get sent off or getting penalties for balls hitting players backs.

Are you going way off  on a tangent again?

I'm starting to get really worried for you

With regards to the referee, I've already stated there's a likelihood that they want to assist SevCo get closer to us thus I'm expecting a lot to go your way.

We'll see tomorrow eh!.

You going tomorrow?

Which end, home or away? ;)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't interpret what you said as the same as Mcinnes and I don't think you accept when I said "Its a sign of a great team that can grind out results when not playing at the top of your game."

Double 

I don't recall any controversial games where Aberdeen have head butted opposition players and they get sent off or getting penalties for balls hitting players backs.

Are you going way off  on a tangent again?

You really are a penis.

I am sure you wouldn't remember these incidents, because you choose not to. But if you come onto a Hearts forum trying to insinuate the referee is against Aberdeen, then I have to point out the stupidity of such a statement. Its this sort of misplaced arrogance that shows Aberdeen fans in their true guise.

I am glad at least your manager realises Aberdeen are grinders, Hearts are a team that like to play football. Its all over his interview.

IveSeenTheLight

I am sure you wouldn't remember these incidents, because you choose not to. But if you come onto a Hearts forum trying to insinuate the referee is against Aberdeen, then I have to point out the stupidity of such a statement. Its this sort of misplaced arrogance that shows Aberdeen fans in their true guise.

Go on, remind me then.

1) When did Aberdeen get a player sent off for headbutting them? (Was it against Hearts or another team)

2) When did Aberdeen get a penalty for hitting a players back? (Was it against Hearts or another team)

I recall Aberdeen got a penalty against Motherwell, which appeared at full speed first hand that McManus saved the shot but on the replay showed it hit his chest.

I can accept and acknowledge if and when decisions go for Aberdeen such as the one above. I'm very open and a realist.

IveSeenTheLight

Go on, remind me then.

1) When did Aberdeen get a player sent off for headbutting them? (Was it against Hearts or another team)

Just googled it to try and find out what you were talking about

I found these

Neither of these fall into the category you describe.

the next headbut in the list was this one

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just googled it to try and find out what you were talking about

I found these

Neither of these fall into the category you describe.

the next headbut in the list was this one

Lee Miller on Marius Zaliukas, the wrong player was red carded and he didn't play for Aberdeen. The same referee, then decided to offer Aberdeen a penalty for the ball striking a players back in a later match, ironically Jordan McGhee if I remember correctly.  Our youth team still won comfortably 3-1 all the same this day.

But just like the Partick game wasn't on the telly, Aberdeen home games often involve hard work rather than superlative form, I must have imagined this?

Do you think McInnes goes to more Hearts games than Aberdeen ones, he seems to know an awful lot about how Hearts are playing?

I?m expecting to lose tomorrow due to Aberdeen?s form, stability, consistency and togetherness so anything will be a bonus. I accept Aberdeen are better than us so will not be too hard on us losing. What I will be proper ****ed off with is if we don?t turn up. I?m sick of it. So many times we have dished out a humping to a team then next game we are posted AWOL. It simply is not acceptable.

Very much agree but not the expecting to lose part as that's a bit negative for me.

But you are spot on with performances.

If we turn up tomorrow and are well off the pace or look apprehensive then we aren't going anywhere fast as a team.

Cathro again has said we are ready for the big games coming up so let's see it.

I expect a tough match obviously. We may well be under the cosh early or at some point in the match but I want to see signs we are standing up to it and fighting to get a foothold in the match, that we are still trying to play positively when the chance comes.

August Landmesser

Lee Miller on Marius Zaliukas, the wrong player was red carded and he didn't play for Aberdeen. The same referee, then decided to offer Aberdeen a penalty for the ball striking a players back in a later match, ironically Jordan McGhee if I remember correctly.  Our youth team still won comfortably 3-1 all the same this day.

But just like the Partick game wasn't on the telly, Aberdeen home games often involve hard work rather than superlative form, I must have imagined this?

Do you think McInnes goes to more Hearts games than Aberdeen ones, he seems to know an awful lot about how Hearts are playing?

:yas:

FarmerTweedy

Double

Are you going way off on a tangent again?

With regards to the referee, I've already stated there's a likelihood that they want to assist SevCo get closer to us thus I'm expecting a lot to go your way.

We'll see tomorrow eh!.

You going tomorrow?

Which end, home or away? ;)

You obviously don't pay much attention to what actually goes on in games then!

Bazzas right boot

Go on, remind me then.

2) When did Aberdeen get a penalty for hitting a players back? (Was it against Hearts or another team)

I recall Aberdeen got a penalty against Motherwell, which appeared at full speed first hand that McManus saved the shot but on the replay showed it hit his chest.

I can accept and acknowledge if and when decisions go for Aberdeen such as the one above. I'm very open and a realist.

For being able to see the light, you sure do miss allot at the game!

8-0 Hearts the morn

IveSeenTheLight

Lee Miller on Marius Zaliukas, the wrong player was red carded and he didn't play for Aberdeen. 

Ok, googled it.

I wasn't at that game as was working overseas at the time.

Can't really comment as there doesn't appear to be a clip of the incident.

Found this, but that does not mean much knowing the SFA

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hearts/4046493/Hearts-fury-over-Marius-Zaliukas-appeal-verdict.html

You obviously don't pay much attention to what actually goes on in games then!

For being able to see the light, you sure do miss allot at the game!

8-0 Hearts the morn

I give my opinion as I see it.

I can't be expected to make a comment on something I did not see or cannot review the evidence by way of a clip

IveSeenTheLight

The same referee, then decided to offer Aberdeen a penalty for the ball striking a players back in a later match, ironically Jordan McGhee if I remember correctly.  

Which game was this?

I recall McGhee giving us a hand at Pittodrie ;)

Anyway, this game is being officiated by Steven McLean, not Iain Grimes.

If you have an issue with Iain Grimes, then fair play, but he has no influence on tomorrows game.

Mars plastic

Well you might want to leave your drink chilling in the fridge as you won't be allowed to drink it on the train

I'll be opening it bang on 10am which is when you're allowed to start drinking on the train.

Bazzas right boot

Ok, googled it.

I wasn't at that game as was working overseas at the time.

Can't really comment as there doesn't appear to be a clip of the incident.

Found this, but that does not mean much knowing the SFA

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hearts/4046493/Hearts-fury-over-Marius-Zaliukas-appeal-verdict.html

I give my opinion as I see it.

I can't be expected to make a comment on something I did not see or cannot review the evidence by way of a clip

Ok Arsene!!

Watt-Zeefuik

I don't feel confident in any direction making predictions on Hearts these days.  Honestly neither 3-0 nor 0-3, nor 0-0 nor 4-4 would surprise me too much at this point.  Under Cathro we seem to have both the ability to put in thumping performances against sturdy sides and to go completely limp against the weakest opposition.

I'll go for 2-2 but with even less confidence than usual.

IveSeenTheLight

Ok Arsene!!

LOL, fair enough, subtle difference is that Arsene has the chance to see and review the incidents.

As I said, I'm happy to review any incidents and openly give my opinion.

Bit hard to do so on an incident almost 10 years ago where I was not at the match and there does not appear to be any clips of the alleged incident

For tomorrow, I think it will be tight, hoping for a win and continuation of the home win run that we are on, but more realistically think this will end up a draw

Tough game the morn.

League position and general form would suggest an Aberdeen win.

But...

I'm going to go 2-1 Hearts.

1-0 Hearts at HT

Archived