***Aberdeen v Hearts *** The Match Thread***

Beats

Which game was this?

I recall McGhee giving us a hand at Pittodrie ;)

Anyway, this game is being officiated by Steven McLean, not Iain Grimes.

If you have an issue with Iain Grimes, then fair play, but he has no influence on tomorrows game.

3-1 game at Pittodrie in our relegstion season, Jamie MacDonald saved penalty from McGinn which would've put you 2-0 up then we came back & won 3-1 as previuosly stated.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Aberdeen are up for the game I can see 2 or3 nil home win, but IF they have downed tools feeling second is secured I can see a 1-1 or 0-1.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If Aberdeen are up for the game I can see 2 or3 nil home win, but IF they have downed tools feeling second is secured I can see a 1-1 or 0-1.

Are you watching this one in your Barcelona strip? :)

AlphonseCapone

Its hard to determine what both sides will look like in a couple of years.

I certainly don't hold out much hope for Hearts having a similar team come the start of next season.

We have a few key players who are out of contract, so we may see some changes this summer too.

I hope its a blend, get one or two to sign on aka Hayes, whilst freshen up the squad by replacing those that opt to leave

True. But I see Hearts as going up the way. Aberdeen will lose McInnes soon I reckon and the only way is down for you really.

Are you watching this one in your Barcelona strip? :)

No sir, thats reserved for Barca games only. Its in the wash for sunday night.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No sir, thats reserved for Barca games only. Its in the wash for sunday night.

So do you wear the Hearts strip for tomorrow?

I'll be opening it bang on 10am which is when you're allowed to start drinking on the train.

Rugby on... no drinking in any scotrail trains even if you ain't going to the rugby

I'm sure your conductor will turn a blind eye though

I'll be opening it bang on 10am which is when you're allowed to start drinking on the train.

Rugby on... no drinking in any scotrail trains even if you ain't going to the rugby

Mars plastic

Do you have a link for that as I can't see anything on their website over and above them saying no booze between 9pm & 10am?

IveSeenTheLight

3-1 game at Pittodrie in our relegstion season, Jamie MacDonald saved penalty from McGinn which would've put you 2-0 up then we came back & won 3-1 as previuosly stated.

Fair enough.

Just watched the clip back and your right, it was not a pen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AfyT9fUPZYU.

I can understand why at first viewing from the ref it may appear so with the movement of his arm. The ref may also have had doubt in his mind following the McGowan handball on the line that was not given.

North Berwick Jambo

I would love to be wrong but I predict an early goal for them and a 3-0 defeat for us, I think most folk on here are forgetting just how bad we are away from home these days.

Mars plastic

Think somebody has been giving you a bum steer fellah. Just off the phone to Scotrail and they confirmed it's only on trains going to the rugby.

Bonkers to have a ban on alcohol if the train is going the other way. I'm annoyed at myself for even having to phone them, however, such is the value of the cargo I was best erring.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I would love to be wrong but I predict an early goal for them and a 3-0 defeat for us, I think most folk on here are forgetting just how bad we are away from home these days.

Pittodrie seems to be a rather odd exception. Only conceded the Jordan McGhee goal in last 3 efforts

Possibly not.

If Man Utd finish outside of the top 4 and win the Europa League (both very likely), they go into the Champs League but their Europa League spot from winning the league cup is opened up, meaning all the leagues essentially move up a place.

Long story short, the Scottish Cup winners (or the side finishing second should Celtic win it) would start in QR2 if Man U win the Europa League.

If Celtic win the SC the runners up do not get a europa cup place, that place defaults to the top league. So 4th place would enter qualifying round 1

IveSeenTheLight

Pittodrie seems to be a rather odd exception. Only conceded the Jordan McGhee goal in last 3 efforts

Yes, but those were RN run teams that set out to disrupt the game and capitalise on breakaway efforts.

Almost worked on some occasions.

I'm hoping that IC has a more open game plan and we get a more exciting game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yes, but those were RN run teams that set out to disrupt the game and capitalise on breakaway efforts.

FFS Gary Locke won there. Only 2 defeats in the last 11 one absolutely literally handed on a plate.

I hope Shinnie desists from persistent fouling but not much chance.

Torry Jambo

FFS Gary Locke won there. Only 2 defeats in the last 11 one absolutely literally handed on a plate.

I also hope McLean (the player) does not go to ground at the slightest touch,as If he's been shot.He would maybe make the Scotland Squad If he didn't spend so much time on his @rse conning Refs.

Konrad von Carstein

Stop being an erse. This place won't suffer due to your absence!

IveSeenTheLight

I truly struggle to keep up with the posts you make.

Gary Locke was not the manager the last three games at Pitodrie which is what I replied to.

As for Shinnie, he is our midfield enforcer, someone that gets stuck in.

All good teams have them.

I don't think Shinnie is dirty in anyway, but his commitment does mean he can give away some fouls.

I think deep down you'd love Graeme Shinnie in your team.

IveSeenTheLight

Stop being an erse. This place won't suffer due to your absence!

I'm not, I've on a number of occasions complimented Hearts and said I'm hoping for an open end to end exciting game.

Robbie did set up to defend at Pittodrie and I'm hoping that IC comes and has a good go at us. It will only make the game much better.

I questioned your width before we played you at Tynescastle in December, but if you go with the same team as last week, Nicholson and Walker will give you the width and we will find it much tougher.

IveSeenTheLight

I also hope McLean (the player) does not go to ground at the slightest touch,as If he's been shot.He would maybe make the Scotland Squad If he didn't spend so much time on his @rse conning Refs.

I don't see him doing that, but feel free to keep a count tomorrow.

Let's have an open minded review on the incidents tomorrow

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I truly struggle to keep up with the posts you make.

Gary Locke was not the manager the last three games at Pitodrie which is what I replied to.

As for Shinnie, he is our midfield enforcer, someone that gets stuck in.

All good teams have them.

I don't think Shinnie is dirty in anyway, but his commitment does mean he can give away some fouls.

I think deep down you'd love Graeme Shinnie in your team.

You are thick. Locke was the manager before Neilson so it does not rely upon Robbie Neilson to get a result at Pittodrie.

If you don't like Hearts perspective, you know what to do

Aberdeen tend to get the ball out wide and cross it in, we usually cope pretty well with that so hopefully they're still playing that way and we keep a clean sheet and sneak a goal or two. I'd consider playing the same team as last week, I thought Tzilois, Cowie and Djoum playing in midfield worked really well, we created a lot of chances with Walker, Nicholson and Goncalves ahead of them, Tzilois is good at reading the game and uses the ball really well, Cowie adds a lot of energy into the midfield and Djoum is quite creative when playing through the middle, he played a defensive role with Cameroon when winning the African Cup of Nations so he can do both the attacking and defensive side.

Aberdeen have a much better record than us this season in 'close games'. They win a lot more in games where neither team wins by more than one goal. Aberdeen have won 7/17 this season, drawing 4, losing 6 times by a 1-goal margin. We have only won 1/14 by a single goal, the game away to Partick where Tony Watt scored in the last minute, we've drawn 8 and lost 5 by a goal. That is a big difference between the two teams, if we'd won 7 games by a goal instead of some of our draws, the same number as Aberdeen, we'd by 1 point ahead of them.

We have a very bad away record this season, the 2 goals we scored away to Partick are the only 2 away goals we've scored in the league against any of the current top-7 teams. Although, when we have scored away from home in the league this season, we've always scored at least 2, scoring 2 three times and scoring 3 four times.

Aberdeen have only been beating once at home this season, 1-0 against Celtic. They've kept 6 clean sheets in 13 games and only failed to score 3 times, once against us. Aberdeen have won their last 8 home games in all competitions, Celtic (twice) are the only team that have beaten Aberdeen at home in their last 21 games.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hayes goes over easily as well. Half way to the ground when he senses contact coming. Mind you Jamie is bad for the same

IveSeenTheLight

You are thick. Locke was the manager before Neilson so it does not rely upon Robbie Neilson to get a result at Pittodrie.

If you don't like Hearts perspective, you know what to do

No problem Dame Gio.

With you I can't keep up with the flipping and constant change of topic.

You talked about the last three results at Pittodrie which RN was the manager for, end of.

So for you, I am out.

Lincon Premier

Think somebody has been giving you a bum steer fellah. Just off the phone to Scotrail and they confirmed it's only on trains going to the rugby.

Bonkers to have a ban on alcohol if the train is going the other way. I'm annoyed at myself for even having to phone them, however, such is the value of the cargo I was best erring.

Seems stupid considering they can drink AT the rugby, but can't on the train there!

So everyone on the train has to suffer, even if your going to visit your old auntie.

IveSeenTheLight

Aberdeen tend to get the ball out wide and cross it in, we usually cope pretty well with that so hopefully they're still playing that way and we keep a clean sheet and sneak a goal or two. I'd consider playing the same team as last week, I thought Tzilois, Cowie and Djoum playing in midfield worked really well, we created a lot of chances with Walker, Nicholson and Goncalves ahead of them, Tzilois is good at reading the game and uses the ball really well, Cowie adds a lot of energy into the midfield and Djoum is quite creative when playing through the middle, he played a defensive role with Cameroon when winning the African Cup of Nations so he can do both the attacking and defensive side.

Aberdeen have a much better record than us this season in 'close games'. They win a lot more in games where neither team wins by more than one goal. Aberdeen have won 7/17 this season, drawing 4, losing 6 times by a 1-goal margin. We have only won 1/14 by a single goal, the game away to Partick where Tony Watt scored in the last minute, we've drawn 8 and lost 5 by a goal. That is a big difference between the two teams, if we'd won 7 games by a goal instead of some of our draws, the same number as Aberdeen, we'd by 1 point ahead of them.

We have a very bad away record this season, the 2 goals we scored away to Partick are the only 2 away goals we've scored in the league against any of the current top-7 teams. Although, when we have scored away from home in the league this season, we've always scored at least 2, scoring 2 three times and scoring 3 four times.

Aberdeen have only been beating once at home this season, 1-0 against Celtic. They've kept 6 clean sheets in 13 games and only failed to score 3 times, once against us. Aberdeen have won their last 8 home games in all competitions, Celtic (twice) are the only team that have beaten Aberdeen at home in their last 21 games.

Some good stats there.

I remember reading we'd only conceded 8 at Pittodrie all season after the Motherwell game.

Will need to double check that though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Against top 5 they have only won once then. Probably fortuitously against Rangers with the last kick. Great goal but Rangers had been the better team for long periods. In fact of those 4 games they have only scored against Rangers.

They did beat Saints in the cup another last minute goal. Common theme with Aberdeen, they play to the bitter end regardless. That is a big advantage they have

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No problem Dame Gio.

You talked about the last three results at Pittodrie which RN was the manager for, end of.

So for you, I am out.

Thank ****. If the best you can come up with is Dame Gio. Witless

IveSeenTheLight, on 17 Mar 2017 - 8:14 PM, said:

No problem Dame Gio.

So for you, I am out.

Zx1p8mB.gif

IveSeenTheLight

Thank ****. If the best you can come up with is Dame Gio. Witless

You previously said you were female :confused:

Read the EEN pre match build up.

31-15 in Hearts favour regards victories since 99/00. Great record.

Hopefully sort out the recent blip and get back to winning ways tomorrow.

IveSeenTheLight

Read the EEN pre match build up.

31-15 in Hearts favour regards victories since 99/00. Great record.

Hopefully sort out the recent blip and get back to winning ways tomorrow.

You guys do have a much better head to head over us.

38 wins, 20 draws and 23 losses.

They're all in the past though and have no bearing on tomorrow's game ;)

You hope.

When you build a good record against a team it stays in the psyche. Just like our Derby record.

We may lose the odd one or two but always fight back to right the wrongs long term.

Aberdeen fan saying 'in the past' :vrface:

Ok, googled it.

I wasn't at that game as was working overseas at the time.

Can't really comment as there doesn't appear to be a clip of the incident.

Found this, but that does not mean much knowing the SFA

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hearts/4046493/Hearts-fury-over-Marius-Zaliukas-appeal-verdict.html

I give my opinion as I see it.

I can't be expected to make a comment on something I did not see or cannot review the evidence by way of a clip

Where did you work, Shetland.

Don't be annoyed at yourself at having to phone them but trust me they have told you the wrong conditions of carriage

I guessing your on the 828 train???

As I'm sitting with the driver of that train as we speak I think what they told you is wrong

Anyway I'm just trying to be a smart arse Mr plastic and hope you enjoy your ?6 upgrade to 1st class

Don't be annoyed at yourself at having to phone them but trust me they have told you the wrong conditions of carriage

I guessing your on the 828 train???

As I'm sitting with the driver of that train as we speak I think what they told you is wrong

Anyway I'm just trying to be a smart arse Mr plastic and hope you enjoy your ?6 upgrade to 1st class

:clap:

Yep, all the very best to Mr Hearts.

My arse.

Whatever scenario you like to dream up, the fact is ALL Scottish EL qualifiers start in the first round.

As it currently stands, yes.

However, if a team that has qualified domestically for the Europa League for next season wins it this season (i.e. Man Utd), then Scotland in 25th place will take the ranking of 24th, which means one team starting in QR2.

It happened last season when Sevilla won the EL. Think it was Bulgaria who were in 25th, and Cyprus in 18th, who both saw a change.

If Celtic win the SC the runners up do not get a europa cup place, that place defaults to the top league. So 4th place would enter qualifying round 1

I know. I was saying the Cup winners or the team finishing 2nd will enter in QR2 if Man Utd win the Europa League.

AuldReekiee

Only 2 defeats in the last 11 one absolutely literally handed on a plate.

You are thick. 

Was that defeat tasty, aye?

Archived