***Aberdeen v Hearts *** The Match Thread***

Beats

Does every thread require you to tell everyone what a die hard fan you are?

I hope we get to see more pictures of him on the train.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Treasurer

No requirement of BT for this cat. 9.30am train up to Aberdeen then taxi straight to the ground.

The IC revolution to step up another gear with the world famous super Edinburgh jt's to win 2-1.

Cutting it a bit fine there Mars.

8.25 train for me (also known as the PHM Express)  :sunny:

Mars plastic

Cutting it a bit fine there Mars.

8.25 train for me (also known as the PHM Express)  :sunny:

Aye, it was either that or get the 8.33am.

Where are you leaving from, Mr Treasurer?

That's a shame for him, but should mean no need to tinker with the defence. Same team again please!

Sowah is the main concern defensively, he is good going forward but I have my heart in my mouth when he defends.

Aberdeen will certainly test our to full backs.

Bazzas right boot

What's "massive" about it?!

Every game should be massive in all honesty.

August Landmesser

Sowah is the main concern defensively, he is good going forward but I have my heart in my mouth when he defends.

Aberdeen will certainly test our to full backs.

These are the sort of games Sowah needs to play in though, to learn and develop. But I agree, he does give me palpitations sometimes when defending - he never quite looks like he's in full control of his limbs. Gets away with it mostly though!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

1-0 Aberdeen. Red card Hearts

Fits the profile of recent Aberdeen results. No referee listed yet , should be announced in the next hour or so.

Warm and sunny and windy in the Granite City today, pitch will not be great

I'd bite your hand off for a draw to keep the feeling among players and supporters strong. Going for 1-1.

I like Hughes and he is definitely a good player for us.

That said Avlonitis and Nowak look like our strongest partnership.

Regardless of it just being Hamilton they strolled it as a unit.

There's something about Avlonitis that I really don't like, but he did well against Hamilton. At Partick he was absolutely awful, giving everything straight back to them.

My preferred partnership is definitely Hughes and Nowak. For me, Avlonitis is a poor man's Hughes. Basic no-nonsense defender whereas Nowak's your baller, but Hughes is much better at the no nonsense stuff.

letsalldothebeattie

1-0 to the Famous then Celtic win at Dens on Sunday to clinch the title and we don't have to worry about them doing at Tynie on the 2nd April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be enjoying a drunken weekend away in Yorkshire so will have to try to find a boozer in York that's showing the game.

A win for the JTs and McInnes to be spewing blood and snotters in the post match interview.  Cathro to deliver Shakespearian eulogy featuring the words 'fight' and 'work' repeatedly.

August Landmesser

Steven McLean is your referee

Meh. Wasn't great at ER in the replay, but he's not the worst of them

All roads lead to Gorgie

I am going 2-2 on this. We are creating chances but I can't see us keeping them out at the other end.

Are we big and brave enough to try and replicate our Hamilton performance?

Conditions will dictate but so will stronger opposition who'll close us down quicker and harder.

Doesn't mean we can't beat them, especially if we show the endeavour and much tougher showing at the weekend, but if we don't then an isolated Goncalves will be fed high ball after high ball.

People are waiting to see if Saturday was just a reaction to recent results or are we moving on to something better long term?

Governor Tarkin

If I ever see a headline in the evening news that says 'Edinburgh man leathered in new york' I'll have everything crossed for it being you.

:lol:

The first of 2 chances we have to stop Celtic winning the league at Tynecastle.

And if that's not incentive enough....

Every game should be massive in all honesty.

:tlj:

A SC semi against Aberdeen would have been "massive"

TBH I just don't rate any remaining games this season as being "massive" - including the game on Saturday where we are basically trying to retain our position as 4th best loser.

August Landmesser

TBH I just don't rate any remaining games this season as being "massive" - including the game on Saturday where we are basically trying to retain our position as 4th best loser.

'massive semi'

*snigger*

You may have given up on 3rd but I haven't.

Still 30 points up for grabs and we should for every one of them.

You may have given up on 3rd but I haven't.

Still 30 points up for grabs and we should for every one of them.

Good for you.

3rd best loser - "massive" right enough.

Good for you.

3rd best loser - "massive" right enough.

Hope you're not sitting anywhere near me on Saturday. Can't have those negative energies interfering with my positive ones !

1-0 Hearts. Isma to score a replica of Dauda's goal there last season following a Martin free-kick.

1-0 Hearts. Isma to score a replica of Dauda's goal there last season following a Martin free-kick.

I'd love that but I think if we want to win this we'll probably need at least 2.

I'm confident we'll get a good result up there.  Aberdeen's last results have been:

Aberdeen 1 - 0 Motherwell

Aberdeen 1 - 0 Partick Thistle

Hamilton 1 - 0 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 1 - 0 Ross County

Ignoring our own pish form, they've hardly set the heather alight, and seem to be doing their usual grinding out of results.  If we can get a decent start and click like our players are more than capable of, we should be looking to score 2 goals minimum.  We always seem more up for it against the bigger teams, and I'm hoping our spell of being gash is finally over and we can push on to the end of the season.

I'm going with a 3-1 win for us.  It's bold, but we are more than capable of ramming it up them.

IveSeenTheLight

I'm confident we'll get a good result up there.  Aberdeen's last results have been:

Aberdeen 1 - 0 Motherwell

Aberdeen 1 - 0 Partick Thistle

Hamilton 1 - 0 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 1 - 0 Ross County

Ignoring our own pish form, they've hardly set the heather alight, and seem to be doing their usual grinding out of results.  If we can get a decent start and click like our players are more than capable of, we should be looking to score 2 goals minimum.  We always seem more up for it against the bigger teams, and I'm hoping our spell of being gash is finally over and we can push on to the end of the season.

I'm going with a 3-1 win for us.  It's bold, but we are more than capable of ramming it up them.

I wouldn't read too much into the scorelines.

Each one of those games we totally dominated and it was resolute defending / poor conversion that resulted in the 1-0 scorelines.

This weekend is quite a hard one to call having never seen the bulk of this Hearts team against Aberdeen.

I'm partly drawn to a narrow Aberdeen win, given our performances and Hearts poor away form, but I can also see it being played out in the middle of the park with little clear chances for either side.

If you play Walker and Nicholson, it should give you width which you badly lacked in the last couple of games against us

IveSeenTheLight

Ignoring our own pish form, they've hardly set the heather alight, and seem to be doing their usual grinding out of results.  

Just looking a bit further back, since Christmas time (23rd Dec)

We have played 14 times, winning 12 games, losing twice (Celtic and Hamilton both 1-0's), scoring 27 goals and conceding only 6 in all competitions

Since the winter break, we have played 11, scored 21 goals and conceded only 4 goals

I'm quite happy with how we are performing recently.

Hope you're not sitting anywhere near me on Saturday. Can't have those negative energies interfering with my positive ones !

I will be in slightly warmer Gran Canaria on Saturday!   :sunny:

Each one of those games we totally dominated and it was resolute defending / poor conversion that resulted in the 1-0 scorelines.

This weekend is quite a hard one to call having never seen the bulk of this Hearts team against Aberdeen.

I'm partly drawn to a narrow Aberdeen win, given our performances and Hearts poor away form, but I can also see it being played out in the middle of the park with little clear chances for either side.

If you play Walker and Nicholson, it should give you width which you badly lacked in the last couple of games against us

I would certainly agree with you about the Hamilton game which I watcehd on TV and it was pretty dire stuff to be honest and how you never won that game beats me.

Mind you having said that Rooney could and proabbly should have had a hat-trick and had some terrible misses. It was one of those nights where nothing was going for you.

The other games I have only seen the BBC highlights and we all know how they can distort the picture of who dominates a game so I will have to bow to your totally unbiased opinion on those ones.

We played some decent football on Saturday and Hamilton were stuffy up until  we scored but after that we totally bossed the game.

They never really put any great pressure on us defensively and that is an area that worries me a bit with your strength in the wide areas.

Sowah is a bit of a bomb scare defensively but ok going forward and I am still a bit undecided about Struna. The two centre backs looked comfortable and solid but I am sure Aberdeen will provide a much better test for them than Hamilton.

I think we will probably start with the same team as last week and it makes for a decent game. I fancy a draw or us to scrape a win by the odd goal.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Looking forward to this. 8 of us on the 8.30 train from Waverley to continue the birthday celebrations.

Not confident in the slightest but the alcohol post match will help me forget about it.

Always a good away trip, but the away section at Pittodrie is one of the worst in the country. Worst in the league for sure.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Partick Thistle game was possibly one of the worst games I have seen. I didn't think it could get worse than the Tynecastle derby, but that game was awful.

If Aberdeen are playing well, you would expect them to do something similar to what this struggling Hearts team did on Saturday

IveSeenTheLight

Partick Thistle game was possibly one of the worst games I have seen. I didn't think it could get worse than the Tynecastle derby, but that game was awful.

If Aberdeen are playing well, you would expect them to do something similar to what this struggling Hearts team did on Saturday

Patrick Thistle are a well organised team, disciplined at defending from a number of situations.

We managed to get a victory despite a great performance from Thomas Cerny.

Even PHM`s in here were saying what a good keeper he was.

A team that recently beat Hearts 2-0.

A far different opposition than Hamilton whom you played at the weekend

highlandjambo3

Defining game and, turning point if we want 3rd.  As stated, our away form is poor, heart says a win, head says draw at best, probably loose  this.

The Treasurer

Oh Deary me.

Hearts win then

So what's your (or greetin face McInnes) gripe with this particular ref then.

Got my tickets for this game and then the Celtic game. Am quietly confident about the Aberdeen game. Think the players and IC have learnt a lot in the last few terrible performances. Aberdeen are due a bad performance. Fingers crossed

I'm right. Then grab a draw against Celtic

Torry Jambo

Where Is everyone going for a beveridge before the game ? Even though It will only be one or two before silly Kick Off time.There was a good few of us In The Scotia last time.

Lincon Premier

And if that's not incentive enough....

Overtaking Sevco for third in the league didn't help! Players should not need an incentive to play well and win, but hopefully they will be up for this after last week!

IveSeenTheLight

So what's your (or greetin face McInnes) gripe with this particular ref then.

To be honest, I think we're learning how to deal with his style of refereeing.

He certainly lets the more robust challenges / fouls go, that said in the four games we've had him this year, he'd dished out 25 yellows and 4 reds.

An indication he lets the game get out of hand.

I've probably still got a hang up from the Motherwell game he referees a few seasons ago (his brother played for Motherwell and was a youth player with Rangers) which he ignored a blatant foul on our keeper and allowed Motherwell to pip us to 2nd.

He's a reported SevCo fan and whilst one eye may be on Hearts catching up on SevCo, I'm sure the belief is that they can still get 2nd.

Certainly, there have been a number of contentious decisions which would appear to benefit one side of the erse cheek.

Most refs are pretty poor to be honest and I give credit where it is due when they have decent performances.

I'm expecting the game to become a physical battle with an increasing number of cards shown as the game progresses and he loses control.

Lets see how it goes on Sunday then ;)

Archived