• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Does any Scot actually want Rees Mogg? 

Youve got to be kidding me?

It doesn't really matter what we want, does it?  Never has, never will.

Eat your cereal.

Related image

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Boris said:

It doesn't really matter what we want, does it?  Never has, never will.

Eat your cereal.

Related image

Aye true mate. 

Some scots are a funny breed. 

Thunderstruck
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

So wheres the “state of the art Frigate factory” that we were promised for the Clyde?

Same as all the other Westminster lies & pish you lot invest in. Complete BS. 

Your glorious leader in waiting Jacob Reece millionaire fancy pants mogg said there may be no benefit to the UK from Brexit for 50 years. 

Hope you are stockpiling tins of spam & beans. 

Vulnerable aye? Just send em doon yhe food bank. Its the tory way. 

Evasion. 

Where is your line line in the sand?

Answer the question or are you afraid of an unwelcome comparison between you and Rees-Mogg - you know how he works, the “trust me, it will be fine” school of wishful thinking alongside an unwillingness to answer a similar set of questions about cost of Brexit from Anna Soubry. 

As for Rees-Mogg, I have no time for him or the Brexiteers. From my perspective, they peddle the same brand of chauvinism, disguised racism, greed and grievance as the Nats. The irony is that the Nats don’t see the comparison. 

Incidentally, the “Frigate Factory” as you call it is hard at work churning out warships for the RN and, with only the current order book, will be doing so for the next decade and a half (unless your Independence dream sees the work moved south).

Further down the Clyde, Faslane is expanding to accommodate the remainder of the Submarine Flotilla and is engaging with business and the community to allow them to take advantage through contracts, employment, apprenticeships and so on. 

Ignore or talk down the value of all of that as much as you like - it is there, it is growing and is a major contributor to the local and wider economy. Are you prepared to risk those jobs and that income?

As for the, as you so eloquently put it, “lies and pish” - look no further than the White Paper or the “£trillions of oil wealth” - the “Kuwait of the North”. 

16 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Evasion. 

Where is your line line in the sand?

Answer the question or are you afraid of an unwelcome comparison between you and Rees-Mogg - you know how he works, the “trust me, it will be fine” school of wishful thinking alongside an unwillingness to answer a similar set of questions about cost of Brexit from Anna Soubry. 

As for Rees-Mogg, I have no time for him or the Brexiteers. From my perspective, they peddle the same brand of chauvinism, disguised racism, greed and grievance as the Nats. The irony is that the Nats don’t see the comparison. 

Incidentally, the “Frigate Factory” as you call it is hard at work churning out warships for the RN and, with only the current order book, will be doing so for the next decade and a half (unless your Independence dream sees the work moved south).

Further down the Clyde, Faslane is expanding to accommodate the remainder of the Submarine Flotilla and is engaging with business and the community to allow them to take advantage through contracts, employment, apprenticeships and so on. 

Ignore or talk down the value of all of that as much as you like - it is there, it is growing and is a major contributor to the local and wider economy. Are you prepared to risk those jobs and that income?

As for the, as you so eloquently put it, “lies and pish” - look no further than the White Paper or the “£trillions of oil wealth” - the “Kuwait of the North”. 

No even read yer pish. 

Im not on this Tory bashing thread to answer your questions. I’m here to call out the risable filth that is the Conservative party and their brainwashed sympathisers. 

Liars. Them and their voters. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

No even read yer pish. 

Im not on this Tory bashing thread to answer your questions. I’m here to call out the risable filth that is the Conservative party and their brainwashed sympathisers. 

:greggy::bravo:

""It is about time we brought the Treason Act up to date and made it apply to those seeking to destroy or undermine the British state.........those in future actively working undemocratically against U.K. through extreme EU loyalty""

David C Bannerman, Tory MEP

:getout:

Thunderstruck
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

No even read yer pish. 

Lack of an answer suggests that you are for independence at any cost.

Just like Rees-Mogg, you wouldn’t care if 100 or 100,000 lost a job, if taxes went up, if services were cut or if the weakest in society were to be disadvantaged - it would all be worth it. 

That is precisely the selfish, never mind the cannon-fodder attitude that you despise in the Tories and that puts your anti-Tory agenda or your “calling out the risable (sic) filth” in quite a different light.

In a word, Hypocrisy. 

2 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Lack of an answer suggests that you are for independence at any cost.

Just like Rees-Mogg, you wouldn’t care if 100 or 100,000 lost a job, if taxes went up, if services were cut or if the weakest in society were to be disadvantaged - it would all be worth it. 

That is precisely the selfish, never mind the cannon-fodder attitude that you despise in the Tories and that puts your anti-Tory agenda or your “calling out the risable (sic) filth” in quite a different light.

In a word, Hypocrisy. 

72EAB1A5-693B-47D9-B431-1E4A6F04AF64.png

So every Tory that voted for Brexit still wont admit that they have encouraged the country to make a bad choice because they are too embarrassed to admit that they have made a massive ‘james hunt’ of it. 

Lies to cover up the lies. 

And now they want to tell us that they THINK they can still get a good deal from the EU (aye right, that ship sailed over a year ago) but just in case they dont, they are stockpiling medicines, blood products and food!!!

FFS! Wake up! Its not war time but we might run out of food & medicines! WT actual F?

Who voted for this lot? Are you not ashamed?

Seymour M Hersh
15 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Pans still posting in his underpants fighting his crusade. :jj_facepalm:

:rofl:Horrific picture to paint but still :rofl:

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Boris said:

So, more Tory lies...

"My wife is Japanese..."

:hartley:

Related image

...Dirty knees, look at these!

:whistling:

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

:rofl:Horrific picture to paint but still :rofl:

Sorry to all who may be affected by this post. Counciling is available by contacting the mental health mod. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

...Dirty knees, look at these!

:whistling:

? Jesus, I shouldn't have laughed. 

But I did. 

You're a bad man. :laugh:

...a bit disco
10 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

? Jesus, I shouldn't have laughed. 

But I did. 

You're a bad man. :laugh:

I worry about myself.

It was the first thing I thought of!

:biggrin:

22 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Pans still posting in his underpants fighting his crusade. :jj_facepalm:

Says the mad bowler hatter. 

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Fully clothed post. 

Tory MSM pals are doing a cracking job. 

9839C54C-612D-417F-8575-DE4DD980445C.jpeg

So what's your point? The MSM - Times, FT, Guardian - have broken some big and important stories in the past few years. More so than any "new" media (the Ferret being an exception but that's still small scale revelations).

There's a need to overhaul regulation of media ownership. But I wouldn't trade the MSM here for that of many other nations.

13 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

So what's your point? The MSM - Times, FT, Guardian - have broken some big and important stories in the past few years. More so than any "new" media (the Ferret being an exception but that's still small scale revelations).

There's a need to overhaul regulation of media ownership. But I wouldn't trade the MSM here for that of many other nations.

Some folk are proud of the race to the bottom. The UK MSM is sponsored by people who’s intentions are to keep the status quo in power as it suits their agendas. Just watch/listen to the BBC. When they report stories their bias shines through. Supposed to be impartial. Mouth piece fot the UK Govt more like. Then theres the stories that they intentionally dont report. 

33rd out of 33 for 4 years on the bounce. Why?

29 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Some folk are proud of the race to the bottom. The UK MSM is sponsored by people who’s intentions are to keep the status quo in power as it suits their agendas. Just watch/listen to the BBC. When they report stories their bias shines through. Supposed to be impartial. Mouth piece fot the UK Govt more like. Then theres the stories that they intentionally dont report. 

33rd out of 33 for 4 years on the bounce. Why?

It's a trust poll of the public of printed press. So it's hardly an academic study of the levels of bias that may or may not exist in the press.

Historically the British press (the papers) have been entitled under freedom of speech to have an editorial opinion. I see no reason to change this so long as it is not abused and doesn't lead to mistruths being shared - ala McKenzie over Hillsborough. So regulation is needed to be improved orat the least better sanctions - i.e. apologies on page 1. But low trust ratings here are a lot to do with things like Phone Hacking, Leveson and other historic failings of our tabloid press. 

I like the BBC bias argument - I assume chucked in for effect because it's broadcast media not printed press which your trust rating is about. It's very revealing. Everyone says its not impartial. Yes supporters, Noers, Brexiteers, Remainers, Tories/SNP/Labour/Liberals... all say it's biased. I'd argue that suggests it's actually doing a good job on impartiality and holding everyone's feet to the fire. 

But you do need to perhaps look beyond the usual culprits or the idea of monolithic conspiracies in the media. A few of these gripes are down to editorial control and decisions. LBC has been praised for sometime by many but is now increasingly underfire as a platform for some odd members if the far right. BBC Radio 4's Today show has been criticised - rightly - for some guests, story choices and the prevalence it gives some views. But those aren't symptoms of a biased MSM. It's symptom of individual errors by editors.

Frankly journalists - like politicians, judges, parking wardens and lawyers - are always at the bottom of trust ratings. So again I don't see how your point gets to how the trust level shows some sort of conspiracy.

What you're actually advocating in your BBC point is for a more partisan broadcast press which picks campaigns it can buy into. Like the printed press. There's a few good reasons we dont have this and one is the abject failure of

the US or Russian broadcast media to not show a blatant and actual political bias at all times. Which no broadcast media in the UK is allowed to do from Sky News to C4 to BBC.

How did Johnson and Gove get on at their meetings with Bannon? I don't remember any TV news coverage. 

Edited by ri Alban

The Real Maroonblood
On 25/07/2018 at 16:16, Pans Jambo said:

No even read yer pish. 

Well said.

So Mark Carney the BoE governer did some sort of “no deal Brexit” scenario model. Put in the figures and seen what they flished out as. 

Seems interest rates will fly up to at least 4%. 

House prices will crash by a third. 

Unemployment will rise by 9%. 

A full recession for god knows how long. 

But we will all get blue passports & those bloody Poles wont be able to just match in here and take our bloody jobs though...

Thanks tories :thumbsup:

Negative equity anyone????

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

So Mark Carney the BoE governer did some sort of “no deal Brexit” scenario model. Put in the figures and seen what they flished out as. 

But we will all get blue passports & those bloody Poles wont be able to just match in here and take our bloody jobs though...

I don't buy the doom and Gloom. (The UK has been sinking for decades and it's taking us with it now) It's project fear part 2. But you're right about the Tories, they only care about the elite and how rich they can get while the rest pay the bills, through service cuts and national debt.  

Any Scot who backs this mob, well... 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Never saw this on the news yesterday...

https://twitter.com/ladyhaja/status/1026887705505001472

I'm surprised the BBCmissex the opportunity to expose the petty small minded SNP thugs abusing their English masters. 

Mind you they've been a bit busy extricating the prime minister (non)elect from his islamaphobic mutterings. 

Tough gig polishing the turd for that mob.

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Boris, any chance you can copy and paste bud. I don't do twitter. 

Sorry, it's a video on twitter but don't know how to separate it from tweet. 

It's basically May leaving a building in Edinburgh yesterday getting booed. 

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Boris, any chance you can copy and paste bud. I don't do twitter. 

I don’t do twitter but you can still,open the link.

8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I don’t do twitter but you can still,open the link.

It's asking me to sign in

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

It's asking me to sign in

That’s strange.

i just clicked on the link and got in.

On 31/07/2018 at 07:29, Pans Jambo said:

E54D18FB-2B24-4E3C-BC8F-E369448FEDAE.jpeg

The Sun backed the SNP in each election since 2007. Double standards?

On 03/08/2018 at 22:43, Pans Jambo said:

It's interesting because some on your side of the fence would happily take such repercussions for a blue Scottish passport.

In fact one of the architects of the Growth Commission was in the Herald saying there would likely be a 15% cut in spending and tax rises to cover a Scottish deficit on independence. 

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16406709.snp-independence-plan-implies-15-spending-cuts-says-expert/?ref=twtrec

Both the same chaos for "sovereignty".

Edited by JamboX2

1 hour ago, JamboX2 said:

The Sun backed the SNP in each election since 2007. Double standards?

Aue but no from me. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

1 hour ago, JamboX2 said:

It's interesting because some on your side of the fence would happily take such repercussions for a blue Scottish passport.

In fact one of the architects of the Growth Commission was in the Herald saying there would likely be a 15% cut in spending and tax rises to cover a Scottish deficit on independence. 

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16406709.snp-independence-plan-implies-15-spending-cuts-says-expert/?ref=twtrec

Both the same chaos for "sovereignty".

Naw. Just naw. 

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Naw. Just naw. 

There will pain for longterm gain. Just have to suck it up.

20 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Naw. Just naw. 

So economic hardship for one is better than for the other?

Just trying to narrow the point. Surely if you think Brexit will be a mess economically for some time till the economy readjusts then you have to accept there will be some economic hardship while Scotland builds itself into a new reality post-Yes vote?

I mean that article says if social care, health and welfare spending are to be protected as much as the Growth Commission said then there'll be 15% cuts in other departments like education, local government and defence. In effect it's not as cost neutral to people as is suggested. Much like Brexit is turning out to be a money burning exercise for little.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

There will pain for longterm gain. Just have to suck it up.

If the Yes and Brexit proponents accepted this then there may be a more honest appraisal of what we're getting in the long-term. There isn't. So we won't.

The quote in that article is telling from Depute SNP Leader Keith Brown: we will invest to grow and not have austerity. But that's not what his party's report says and nor is it what their expert says either.

John Findlay
55 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

If the Yes and Brexit proponents accepted this then there may be a more honest appraisal of what we're getting in the long-term. There isn't. So we won't.

The quote in that article is telling from Depute SNP Leader Keith Brown: we will invest to grow and not have austerity. But that's not what his party's report says and nor is it what their expert says either.

Keith is being economical with the truth. He is no longer a a Royal Marine he's, a politician. Politicians of all persuasions are economical with the truth.