• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Survey of the young Tories at the conference brought in suggestions of bringing back public hangings and re-colonisation of Africa :lol: 

:rofl:

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, Barack said:

An aide or two, obviously thought it might be a good 'personal touch' for the PM to dance a little on stage on her way to the podium, while Dancing Queen, by ABBA, was playing.

Arse tightening.

There is more dignity in a Corbyn leadership with a pro Hamas cabinet than there is in that dance 'bantering' from  Maybot. Can not be unseen. 

An announcement that AUSTERITY IS OVER.     Woohoo!      That's marvelous.     And there was enthusiastic applause from the assembled people who had all heard of the austerity thing.

I wonder when the actual austerity will be ended then.     So that we get an end to austerity to go with the announcement as a matching set.

But didn't Phil Hammond (The Chancellor, in charge of the money) say that austerity was going to continue during his speech about three days ago?

:interehjrling:

maroonlegions

The NHS crisis is the product of a insidious political and media construct known as "austerity". With the added deceitful ,weasel language and phrases such as "efficiency savings" and "hard choices".

Austerity is an invention. Britain is a rich country with a debt owed by its crooked banks , not"s its people. What is even more insidious is that the resources that would comfortably fund the NHS have been stolen by the few ALLOWED to avoid and evade billions in taxes.

We have entered a whole new game of greed and manipulation under this present government of liars crooks and  cold bloodied reptiles.

They have no morals, no human apathy for the wee guy or those at the bottom, in fact the born with the silver spoon in their mouth mob never will know what its like to actually give a feck for those with feck all or in work and still in poverty.  

Human nature is one complex thing and so is its politics of giving and not giving a feck about others.

You vote like wise.

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Now  even prepared to lie  at their own party knees up.:vrface:

“The Tories have once again been caught repeating utterly discredited statistics in a desperate attempt to deny the facts facing Britain’s schools. If they really want excellence in maths, they could start by making sure their own numbers add up.

“It is time that ministers stopped the spin and faced up to the reality of an education system in crisis as a consequence of their own cuts.”

It's important that the Tories are pulled up on their lies.

safe_image.php?d=AQAF9ruC3ZiFq68i&w=540&

:naughty:

HUFFINGTONPOST.CO.UK

Welfare Secretary admits that some families will be worse off under Universal Credit, totally contradicting the PM and other minister's claims.

3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Says it all.

Image may contain: text

:vrface:

Do we now hate the suiciders (well we have been told to hate the blacks, the youth, the miners, the unions, the unemployed, the disabled, the poor, the Pole’s, the Pakistani’s, the overweight, the Africans, the SNP, the war refugees, the asylum seekers, the tax dodgers (unless youre a millionaire), the education system, the muslims, the EU, cyclists & Car owners etc.). 

23 hours ago, Cade said:

Welfare Secretary admits that some families will be worse off under Universal Credit, totally contradicting the PM and other minister's claims.

Yes but no surprise.    The PM and the government in general are incapable of honesty.    Devoid of responsibility.    Only capable of denial,  diversion,  delusion.

The ongoing and accelerating scandal of Universal Credit is obviously a shining example of a government carrying out 'the day job' whilst furthering their long term philosophical agenda,    Brexit in this instance.     We hear the likes of Mooth shouting about not ignoring the day job.      It is the Tory Party's day job to neglect and persecute the least well off and most vulnerable people in society.    The job is well and truly in hand while they continue to fight with themselves over who's idea is better to bring about even more neglect and persecution for society as a whole.

But.. just ridicule and smear Corbyn.    That'll satisfy folk while they can't afford to eat.

maroonlegions
On 03/10/2018 at 16:08, jack D and coke said:

Survey of the young Tories at the conference brought in suggestions of bringing back public hangings and re-colonisation of Africa :lol: 

Brought on by  the mastermind behind universal credit and it's inspiration!!!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Truly 100% vile and insidious individuals are waging war on easy targets , easy targets to blame or to create stigmas on , targets  who they can label  "work shy", targets who they can  label as just  victims of "bad life choices".  

This is a full blown war on not just the poor but everyone who are vulnerable  and who need financial  help , they are looked upon as a burden to the rich.

In fact easy targets to hide behind, hide their responsibility  as an elected government who have a responsibility to serve their people instead of the interests of the very wealthy.

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Yes but no surprise.    The PM and the government in general are incapable of honesty.    Devoid of responsibility.    Only capable of denial,  diversion,  delusion.

The ongoing and accelerating scandal of Universal Credit is obviously a shining example of a government carrying out 'the day job' whilst furthering their long term philosophical agenda,    Brexit in this instance.     We hear the likes of Mooth shouting about not ignoring the day job.      It is the Tory Party's day job to neglect and persecute the least well off and most vulnerable people in society.    The job is well and truly in hand while they continue to fight with themselves over who's idea is better to bring about even more neglect and persecution for society as a whole.

But.. just ridicule and smear Corbyn.    That'll satisfy folk while they can't afford to eat.

:greatpost:

10 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Fraser Nelson told a few whoppers on Question Time on Thursday.

A Comical Ali moment.

I think he may have had a stroke. Slurring his words and his face is a tad droopy. Or is that just him. 

On 11/10/2018 at 18:38, maroonlegions said:

Says it all.

:vrface:

If they did nothing you'd be one of the first to criticise them for doing nothing, at least they are trying to address the very real problem of suicide, especially amongst the young and more specifically amoungst young men, and all you can do is mock that.

Not your finest moment here.

27 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

If they did nothing you'd be one of the first to criticise them for doing nothing, at least they are trying to address the very real problem of suicide, especially amongst the young and more specifically amoungst young men, and all you can do is mock that.

The new suicide minister Jackie price has made jokes and innuendos over suicide. She said she would  rather jump over beachy head, a notorious suicide spot where 20 people die a year, than join UKIP.  The Tories appointing someone with a history of loose comments towards an incredibly fragile subject are the ones doing the mocking. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

To be fair, I think his point was more alluding to the fact that we actually need one in the first place due to the increasing hardship that more people find themselves in due to Tory party policies, rather than being insensitive about it. 

Governor Tarkin
On 11/10/2018 at 22:56, ri Alban said:

I don't have problem with this. Well over due. 

Correct. Got to give credit where it's due.

Governor Tarkin
21 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

To be fair, I think his point was more alluding to the fact that we actually need one in the first place due to the increasing hardship that more people find themselves in due to Tory party policies, rather than being insensitive about it. 

I'm sure some of our older posters will confirm that the hardships of the '70's and early '80s were every bit as severe as todays. Suicide has been endemic amongst certain demographics (particularly young males) since time immemorial. That the tories have appointed a minister to address this is a fantastic and long overdue initiative.

15 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Brought on by  the mastermind behind universal credit and it's inspiration!!!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Truly 100% vile and insidious individuals are waging war on easy targets , easy targets to blame or to create stigmas on , targets  who they can label  "work shy", targets who they can  label as just  victims of "bad life choices".  

This is a full blown war on not just the poor but everyone who are vulnerable  and who need financial  help , they are looked upon as a burden to the rich.

In fact easy targets to hide behind, hide their responsibility  as an elected government who have a responsibility to serve their people instead of the interests of the very wealthy.

Pity the Labour Party let the people down too, kowtowing to the rich. Blair and Broon have a lot to answer for. 

54 minutes ago, Cade said:

Since national suicide statistics were first gathered in 1981, the overall trend has been downwards across all genders and age bands.

I'm genuinely surprised at that statistic.

I wonder why that is?

Or if some were using suicide as a barometer of failure by government then I wonder if those same posters would like to give credit.

Mibbee naw .

Most likely drug treatment is the answer.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Since national suicide statistics were first gathered in 1981, the overall trend has been downwards across all genders and age bands.

One suicide is one suicide too many.

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm sure some of our older posters will confirm that the hardships of the '70's and early '80s were every bit as severe as todays. Suicide has been endemic amongst certain demographics (particularly young males) since time immemorial. That the tories have appointed a minister to address this is a fantastic and long overdue initiative.

Indeed, I fully remember the utter despair and desperation of the late 70's when the unemployment rate was in the many millions and was the time that gave birth to the 'Labour isn't working' poster, then things got much much worse when Thatcher got in, personally I think things were much worse back then than they are now, but that's just my opinion.

Every generation has had it's trials and tribulations to endure and each generation thinks it's only them that's suffering or has suffered worse than the one before.

You are correct that this initiatve is long long overdue and I think that some posters instead of mocking it, should for once put petty party politics aside and ackowledge that this can only be a good thing, and if it stops one person from taking their own life, then it'll have been a success, but as per usual stupid petty politics get in the way.

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed, I fully remember the utter despair and desperation of the late 70's when the unemployment rate was in the many millions and was the time that gave birth to the 'Labour isn't working' poster, then things got much much worse when Thatcher got in, personally I think things were much worse back then than they are now, but that's just my opinion.

Every generation has had it's trials and tribulations to endure and each generation thinks it's only them that's suffering or has suffered worse than the one before.

You are correct that this initiatve is long long overdue and I think that some posters instead of mocking it, should for once put petty party politics aside and ackowledge that this can only be a good thing, and if it stops one person from taking their own life, then it'll have been a success, but as per usual stupid petty politics get in the way.

Totally ignoring the FACT that TORY welffsare policies have a impact on those suffering such brutal cuts.

To compare the 70s and 80s with todays tory austerity is a tory cop out.

Universal Credit will replace most of the welfare safety  nets that so much of the less well off rely on.

No way was the welfare state attacked in this way in the 70s and 80s, and tell me this was  there ZERO contracts in the 70s and 80s.

Was there attacks on welfare payments for the mentally or physically handicapped.

The tory way BLAME others for the inhumane polices they have , dreamt up and willfully  inflicted  on the less well off.

You also forget who has been appointed as this minister , a person who openly mocked the subject she is trying to help.

Tell me who is responsible in the FIRST place of playing politics with the WELFARE of those with feck all .

As i said the tory trolls dont like it up em. TOUGH.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Edited by maroonlegions

Geoff the Mince
34 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Totally ignoring the FACT that TORY welffsare policies have a impact on those suffering such brutal cuts.

Universal Credit will replace most of the welfare safety  nets that so much of the less well off rely on.

No way was the welfare state attacked in this way in the 70s and 80s, and tell me this was  there ZERO contracts in the 70s and 80s.

Was there attacks on welfare payments for the mentally or physically handicapped.

The tory way BLAME others for the inhumane polices they have , dreamt up and willfully  inflicted  on the less well off.

You also forget who has been appointed as this minister , a person who openly mocked the subject she is trying to help.

Tell me who is responsible in the FIRST place of playing politics with the WELFARE of those with feck all .

Certainly not Jew Labour 

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Welfare cuts are nothing new, been going on for years and years and years, not just with this government.

Tbh I have no idea what the suicide minister has said or not said in the past nor do I care, one thing is for certain tho and that is everybody including you and me have said things in the past which we may later wish we hadn't said.

True there were no zero hour contracts in the 70's & 80's but that was simply because in many cases there simply wasn't any work, period, but you do know that zero hour contracts are nothing new as well, indeed they have been around for decades and Labour certainly didn't do anything about them the last time they were in power, so why are zero hour contracts such a pariah now and they weren't in the 90's or 00's.

And what is this Tory troll crap?  I do hope that's not directed towards me, because i've made it perfectly clear that I think politics is a whole pile of pish and anybody who believes what any politician of any party says, then more fool them, as imo they are all the same selfserving barstewards where the only difference between any of them is the colour of rosette they wear, but if you think things will be better under with a Labour government, well you bash on mate, I just hope that you'll not be disappointed by what you'll get.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Excellent post. Politics is far too tribal nowadays with a group thought mentality and an attitude that every policy suggestion by a party  you don’t like must automatically be a bad idea because of who came up with it. Fair play to the government for doing this even though I’m unlikely ever to vote for them.

As for today’s hardships, while bad, not even close to the late 70s or early 80s. I’m 51 and remember them well. My dad became unemployed and moved the family South a result of it. And the 70s and early 80s in turn were not as bad the 30s. My granny remembered kids turning up at school barefooted. You can never judges the past by the standards of the present

maroonlegions
Image may contain: 2 people

Vile vermin, cold bloodied reptiles. They actually hate humanity, the enemies of human compassion, enemies of human empathy  towards others and enemies of those wuth **** all.

Image may contain: 1 person

:rattus:

maroonlegions

Tory trolls trying to defend welfare cuts saying there have been no RELATED suicides in relation to deaths because of brutal tory welfare cuts. :jj_facepalm:

These are the people who would defend such welfare cuts as nothing more than regrettable hard choices. They  have no  real morals and not one bit of human compassion.

These are the people who are NOT effected by such cuts and if they were would be the first to scream  it from the roof tops.

They IGNORE stats from various leading charities, that unlike them , work closely with those in the firing  line of tory austerity  like  citizen"s advice and child poverty charities. 

These are the defenders of the vile individuals  who think nothing of the tory austerity that is  creating and increasing poverty and  misery among  so many including child poverty, to them its the poors fault for being  poor , for  being work shy lazy scroungers and making bad life choices. Nothing to do with brutal cuts that are making people mentally ill and making some even take their own lifes.

Edited by maroonlegions

24 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Excellent post. Politics is far too tribal nowadays with a group thought mentality and an attitude that every policy suggestion by a party  you don’t like must automatically be a bad idea because of who came up with it. Fair play to the government for doing this even though I’m unlikely ever to vote for them.

As for today’s hardships, while bad, not even close to the late 70s or early 80s. I’m 51 and remember them well. My dad became unemployed and moved the family South a result of it. And the 70s and early 80s in turn were not as bad the 30s. My granny remembered kids turning up at school barefooted. You can never judges the past by the standards of the present

When I got married in 1982, I was on an alternating 2 day week one week and a 3 day week the next, my wage was £2.42 per hour so on a good week I was getting £58 per week and £38 on the bad week, my wife was unemployed and got around about £18 per week dole, so we were trying to set up a home with on average £60 per week, the short time lasted for about 8 months, so I know fully well about hardship, but even come the 90's when on full time and when we had kids things didn't get much better as I often remember come a Tuesday (got paid weekly on a Thursday) that we'd be down to the coppers and still had to try and get things for the kids and many a time I witnessed the work shy and single mothers would be pulling out the £20 notes whilst I was handing over empty juice bottles and coppers to pay for things at the local shop, and I often thought who was the fecking mug for working.

Honestly some folks don't know fecking shit about what life was really like in the 70's and 80's, but as you say our parents had it much much worse and as for our grandparents they had world wars to contend with.

maroonlegions

Yes thats GAGGED.

The Centre For Social Justice say Brexit is an opportunity to introduce private insurance schemes to replace contribution-based social security.

This is one of the most worrying things I've read.

Image result for demolition of welfare state UK kittysjones

I’ve written two lengthy pieces about the new report and submission this month to the UNCRPD – UK Independent Mechanism update report to the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (published October 2018) – provides an independent assessment of the UK Independent Mechanism (UKIM) on the “disappointing” lack of progress by the UK governments to implement the UN’s recommendations since August 2017. You can access the articles here and here

The UKIM report says that the government “has not taken appropriate measures to combat negative and discriminatory stereotypes or prejudice against persons with disabilities in public and the media, including the government’s own claims that ‘dependency’ on benefits is in itself a disincentive of employment.” 

This is important because it shows just how embedded traditional Conservative prejudice is in policy design and within the practices that social security administration has come to entail. 

Image result for welfare state UK

The idea that welfare somehow creates the problems it was designed to alleviate, such as poverty and inequality, has become almost ‘common sense’ and because of that, it’s a narrative that remains largely unchallenged.

The Conservatives believe that generous welfare provision creates ‘perverse incentives’. Yet international research hasshown that generous welfare provision leads to more, better quality and sustainable employment. 

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing and text

Vile, plain VILE.

Implemented by insidious inhumane people.  
Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions
No automatic alt text available.

They are taking the utter shite out of the tax payer , i mean bold as brass, not giving a flying feck  for anyone but their mega rich inner clty London mates and corporations.

The Old Tolbooth
On 13/10/2018 at 10:31, Governor Tarkin said:

I tend to agree with you here, although it would have helped if they appointed someone who hadn't openly mocked people who commit suicide, however if people can see past that then it is an excellent idea regardless of which party you like/dislike. I was born in 1970 so spent the 70's and 80's growing up, not really noticing anything political until the mid 80's onward tbh, however I do know that we moved towns so my dad could continue his trade of being a loom tuner, and my mum had to work to make ends meet in various jobs around the Borders, so I guess I can relate to that being similar to today as I do mortgages for a living, and I see how many hours and jobs people need to do to make ends meet, it's a difficult one for me to gauge properly of one era against the other though because of being so young back then, but the 70's and 80's are a period of my life that I absolutely loved. 

26 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I tend to agree with you here, although it would have helped if they appointed someone who hadn't openly mocked people who commit suicide, however if people can see past that then it is an excellent idea regardless of which party you like/dislike. I was born in 1970 so spent the 70's and 80's growing up, not really noticing anything political until the mid 80's onward tbh, however I do know that we moved towns so my dad could continue his trade of being a loom tuner, and my mum had to work to make ends meet in various jobs around the Borders, so I guess I can relate to that being similar to today as I do mortgages for a living, and I see how many hours and jobs people need to do to make ends meet, it's a difficult one for me to gauge properly of one era against the other though because of being so young back then, but the 70's and 80's are a period of my life that I absolutely loved. 

One of the worst things which was allowed to happen was the expansion of Dawson International when they bought over nearly every mill in the Borders and became the largest employer by a huge margin, this gave them unprecedented influence upon the council when it came to other companies and or industries moving to the Borders in the 80's & 90's, which were more often than not blocked, meaning that Dawson's could continue to pay piss poor wages and get away with it as there was very little other employment available in the Borders so people had little to no choice but to stay in the Knitwear industry, and as you say having to move all around the Borders to try and obtain work.