More Tory lies

aussieh

Taffin
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Are you referring to his "not living in the real world" line? That's a bit of a reach.

Yes. If you're going to accuse people of not living in the real world, then I'd argue almost nobody in the UK is living in the real world, from a poverty perspective.

Out of interest, do you have anything of substance to add Ray? Maybe a refute as to why industrialisation isn't the biggest whack to the poor, or why austerity is, or even something else? It's always nice to get your ad hominem stuff, but your actual opinion on the topics at hand would a nice change.

Edit: that wasn't as intended to sound as wanky as it does. I'm just not entirely sure what your issue is with what I posted and would like to know why you think it's not true/what your alternative take on it is.

Edited by Taffin

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• jack D and coke

• Cade

• maroonlegions

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 hours ago, Taffin said:

Yeh I've since realised the virtue signalers on here only care about domestic hardship.

was the same with covid :(

Ray Gin
19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Out of interest, do you have anything of substance to add Ray? 

I'm heading to the pub, so no. :cheers:

Taffin
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm heading to the pub, so no. :cheers:

Enjoy 👍

Jeffros Furios

JamesM48
28 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

was the same with covid :(

Yep 

maroonlegions
23 hours ago, Taffin said:

Incorrect.

Correct.

Why? I didn't say they don't. I said it's not the worst thing to happen to the poor. Which it isn't.

Why would I do that, austerity has made the poor poorer. Never stated otherwise.

No offence, but you come across as hysterical.

I'm on your side when it comes to the Tories and austerity. It's your shrieking hyperbole I've issue with.

Your posts say otherwise or it was the wording off them, thats what i had an issue with.

As for shrieking hyperbole as those in utter poverty how they feel about that.

maroonlegions
21 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Needs help imo. 

Rich coming from someone who goes out of their way to justify Boris and Tory policies.

Look closer to home who needs help.

:vrface:

maroonlegions
21 hours ago, Ray Gin said:
On 12/05/2022 at 14:24, Taffin said:
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

It's not true in a domestic sense either though, as I said in the post I've just quoted. 

Also, Maroonlegions introduced global first. Again, in the post I quote.

The vast majority of the poor haven't been impacted by Tory austerity in any way shape or form. In fact, they've probably never even heard of the Tories.

maroonlegions
10 hours ago, Taffin said:

The vast majority of poor don't live in the UK, Ray. Tory austerity has had no impact on them...sadly though, the Tory form isn't the only austerity in existence, as much as that may surprise people.

Show me were i ever stated GLOBAL??

Show me were i USED the term GLOBAL in my post to you.??

You know very well that i was talking about UK austerity.

It was YOU for some reason trying to imply i was??

Dirk McClaymore
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Rich coming from someone who goes out of their way to justify Boris and Tory policies.

Look closer to home who needs help.

:vrface:

Are you outside my window?

JamesM48

His summary of working from home is surprisingly quite accurate 😂 

72B10310-8A07-4916-B37F-FA3FCB1D701B.png

Smithee
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

What a bellend, he's a lazy corpulent fornication so everyone else must be too. People can't just have something nice can they?

JamesM48
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What a bellend, he's a lazy corpulent fornication so everyone else must be too. People can't just have something nice can they?

I know really pished me off reading it . Obviously his pay masters are think that WFH people are skivving when they are apparently more productive 

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

The front page of that paper almost fecking daily makes me want to vomit violently. 
giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861lknrlhs6z8r8egbvr

The Mighty Thor

What an absolute shitrag. 

'Leftie Lawyers', are they the ones that stop authoritarians and populists like you from doing what you want?

Anyone that seeks out or buys that paper should be euthanised 

manaliveits105

Nice to see the Queen back out working though 

RobboM
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

What an absolute shitrag. 

'Leftie Lawyers', are they the ones that stop authoritarians and populists like you from doing what you want?

Anyone that seeks out or buys that paper should be euthanised 

Leftie Lawyers are the first people Johnson turned to when faced with a ****ing questionnaire about Downing St parties ffs

"The law of the UK prevents us from openly being a far-right shitehouse, ergo The Law is lefty, ergo it must be destroyed"

This is the logic.

WorldChampions1902
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Cade said:

"The law of the UK prevents us from openly being a far-right shitehouse, ergo The Law is lefty, ergo it must be destroyed"

This is the logic.

Pretty much on the money. The thing is, once many of the Tory-types are directly affected by the introduction of these extreme policies/legislation, they suddenly realise what they voted for, but of course it’s too late then.

It’s the exact same in my role as a Union Rep. The previously rabid anti-Union in my workplace flocked to the Union to sign up when our employer used ‘Fire and Rehire’ to take away peoples final salary pensions and remove other so-called ‘perks’. Absolute hypocrites.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

Dennis Reynolds

It's funny how WFH worked for two years when the government said we had to but all of a sudden, it now doesn't.

Thankfully my employer isn't as backwards as the PM and I'll continue WFH only going into the office when it's absolutely required. Which believe it or not, isn't very often. 

JamesM48
1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Pretty much on the money. The thing is, once many of the Tory-types are directly affected by the introduction of these extreme policies/legislation, they suddenly realise what they voted for, but of course it’s too late then.

It’s the exact same in my role as a Union Rep. The previously rabid anti-Union in my workplace flocked to the Union to sign up when our employer used ‘Fire and Rehire’ to take away peoples final salary pensions and remove other so-called ‘perks’. Absolute hypocrites.

Yes union membership is crucial more than ever now. Ive always been a union member. 

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It's funny how WFH worked for two years when the government said we had to but all of a sudden, it now doesn't.

Thankfully my employer isn't as backwards as the PM and I'll continue WFH only going into the office when it's absolutely required. Which believe it or not, isn't very often. 

Exactly.  They basically want to ensure that they literally can keep an eye on you and make you work every second of your hours , when as ive said before its been proven that people working from home works just as much as those working in offices .  In fact sometimes more. 

A Boy Named Crow
15 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It comes down to the difference between good workers and piss takers. If you're good at your job,  productive, conscientious etc then working from home is magic. You can smash it, without being interrupted by the wasters at work. 

On the other hand, there are folk who just don't work unless there's somebody watching over their shoulder all day. These people have been exposed by working from home.

It's understandable that the government would not be in favour of working from home. I've worked for a couple of government entities, as well as in the private sector. The employees I've encountered in government fall much more into the piss taker category above!

Smithee
11 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

It comes down to the difference between good workers and piss takers. If you're good at your job,  productive, conscientious etc then working from home is magic. You can smash it, without being interrupted by the wasters at work. 

On the other hand, there are folk who just don't work unless there's somebody watching over their shoulder all day. These people have been exposed by working from home.

It's understandable that the government would not be in favour of working from home. I've worked for a couple of government entities, as well as in the private sector. The employees I've encountered in government fall much more into the piss taker category above!

That's a Tory government all over, we can't have something positive because some people who just don't deserve it might benefit

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The laughable thing is that Johnson is useless Home & Away. 

So definitely a piss taker.

A Boy Named Crow
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The laughable thing is that Johnson is useless Home & Away. 

So definitely a piss taker.

Aye,  I reckon he's projecting his own failings onto the rest of us...

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's a Tory government all over, we can't have something positive because some people who just don't deserve it might benefit

... which is just so ****ing Tory!

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

Smithee

Mind you, we've seen photos of what Boris thinks working from home looks like

So, Boris claims that when "working from home", he gets easily distracted by cheese and coffee and ends up not doing any work.

Ergo, everybody working from home is the same as him, ergo working from home must be banned.

But

At work, he has things like suitcases of booze and birthday cakes and karaoke parties to distract him.

No wonder he never gets anything done.

Can't work at home, can't work at work.

Hansel
Just now, Hansel said:

This just popped up on a FB page I follow

Screenshot_20220514-175526_Facebook.jpg

I was like, I agree but we'd just lost the league on goal difference FFS

:sob:

The Real Maroonblood
17 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Screenshot_20220514_152225.jpg

:rofl:

Japan Jambo

apologies for the segue - just watched 'ToryBoy The Movie' on Amazon prime, very interesting watch for those interested in political process.

Konrad von Carstein

Do we have a Manchurian PM or rather a Manchurian political party?

Yes, I've just watched the Manchurian Candidate :)

kingantti1874

So went to renew my elderly parents home insurance todays and insurance companies don’t give a **** about the SNP pretend laws on smoke alarms.  

these trolls have had pensioners fretting all over the country with another vanity policy.

Japan Jambo
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So went to renew my elderly parents home insurance todays and insurance companies don’t give a **** about the SNP pretend laws on smoke alarms.  

these trolls have had pensioners fretting all over the country with another vanity policy.

this pisses me off - far too many conversations over this with my old dear before she eventually terrified herself into dropping a couple of hundred quid.

Shooter McGavin

Tory MP Rachel Maclean telling people to “work more hours or move to a higher paid job” to combat the cost-of-living crisis,

So aye, if you’re working two jobs and still relying on food-banks, as many are, it’s because you’re not working enough apparently. 

You’ll need 3 jobs now, and remember to take overtime at every one of them, oh and just eat plain pasta at 50p a bag for the rest of your life, and if you’re not willing to do all of that then it’s your fault for not handling your money or lifestyle well enough.

Shooter McGavin

I think I’ve solved the homeless crisis!

Why don’t they just buy homes?

Oh I also think I’ve solved the problem of people relying on foodbanks!

Why don’t you go round your neighbours bins and eat their leftovers?

And amazingly, I’ve just solved the problem of pensioners being freezing in their own homes!

Why don’t they sell their house and move into their shed, heavily insulate it and chuck in a room heater and bingo!

Another day in the life solving problems the Tory way!

*God Save The Queen begins playing*

jonesy
25 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Problem solved.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/britons-struggling-cost-living-better-070747685.html
Britons struggling with cost of living should get ‘better job’, says minister

Ms Maclean claimed just over £213,000 in expenses last year

Cannot be accused of failing to heed her own advice, then...

😲:rolleyes:

Jeffros Furios

Hopefully at the next  General election people get out and vote . 

And presently Labour are the only vote to rid us of these clowns .

Obviously the SNP will dominate up here but I'm more concerned about ridding us of the Tories than Independence. 

Starmer might be a wet fish but he seems to be a decent guy as do a lot of his shadow cabinet .

Shooter McGavin
8 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Hopefully at the next  General election people get out and vote . 

And presently Labour are the only vote to rid us of these clowns .

Obviously the SNP will dominate up here but I'm more concerned about ridding us of the Tories than Independence. 

Starmer might be a wet fish but he seems to be a decent guy as do a lot of his shadow cabinet .

The English electorate are utterly terrifying.

At this stage, I don’t think theres anything the Torys can do that would put them off voting for them.

With years of Tory governments, and Brexit, I’m really worried about the damage Little Englanders are having on us up here in Scotland.

Japan Jambo
35 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The English electorate are utterly terrifying.

At this stage, I don’t think theres anything the Torys can do that would put them off voting for them.

With years of Tory governments, and Brexit, I’m really worried about the damage Little Englanders are having on us up here in Scotland.

Think you are missing the other part of the equation which is that of a credible alternative...

I P Knightley
57 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Another day in the life solving problems the Tory way!

*God Save The Queen begins playing*

...and the Scousers start booing.

Then the Tories threaten to have them all arrested for booing.

Even though it's only a matter of months since Priti Patel said it was absolutely fine to boo through the BLM knees being taken.

jonesy
11 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

...and the Scousers start booing.

Then the Tories threaten to have them all arrested for booing.

Even though it's only a matter of months since Priti Patel said it was absolutely fine to boo through the BLM knees being taken.

https://www.thenewselephant.co.uk/priti-patel-to-launch-new-show-to-rival-love-island-called-hate-island

JamesM48
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

He cant define what a woman is.  How the hell can anyone vote for someone who cannot be honest about a simple fact ?