More Tory lies

aussieh

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Apparently won't be published during recess, so should be within the next week.

Some office junior has been sent down to Rymans to get a black marker pen. Then we'll see it next week.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The Met's assistant commissioner has advised that 28 people have received between 2 and 5 fines.

Who is the serial party goer with 5 fines?

govecaine.gif

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105
46 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

He’s toast. Journos been getting briefed for weeks that the content of the SG report will bury him.

7347998A-CE52-424A-AB9B-284EF4809E50.webp

The Dragon Reborn
35 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Where are hearing/reading this?

Been getting mentioned on Twitter for weeks by various journos. Also a few suggesting that some of the civil servants who have been chucked under the bus “have taken very careful notes”.

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The Met's assistant commissioner has advised that 28 people have received between 2 and 5 fines.

Who is the serial party goer with 5 fines?

Gove, surely. He brings the ching.

Unknown user
41 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Some office junior has been sent down to Rymans to get a black marker pen. Then we'll see it next week.

govecaine.gif

:laugh2:

Beat me to it

Spitonastranger
2 hours ago, Cade said:

126 fines in total.

126 individual instances of law breaking during Lockdown.

Rotten to the core.

Police in attendance at these parties and did nothing 

59 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Police in attendance at these parties and did nothing 

aye well The Met is essentially just the paramilitary wing of the Tory Party....

dobmisterdobster
3 hours ago, pablo said:

Good. There should be an amnesty now on breaking covid rules.

And I include Starmer having a curry and beer, Sturgeon not wearing a mask in a shop and Black having a can of shitey Tennents on the train to the game in that

These Covid rules should never have been there in the first place.

dobmisterdobster
3 hours ago, Cade said:

126 fines in total.

126 individual instances of law breaking during Lockdown.

Rotten to the core.

The Civil Service? Absolutely.

Nadine Dorrie, the moron's moron, has admitted in a Parliamentary committee meeting, to sharing her Netflix account details with several members of her family, despite this being against Netflix's terms of service.

She was waffling on about how generous Netflix is to allow this and why it's maybe why it's losing money hand over fist.

:vrface:

WorldChampions1902
43 minutes ago, Cade said:

Nadine Dorrie, the moron's moron, has admitted in a Parliamentary committee meeting, to sharing her Netflix account details with several members of her family, despite this being against Netflix's terms of service.

She was waffling on about how generous Netflix is to allow this and why it's maybe why it's losing money hand over fist.

You do a disservice to morons.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Cade said:

What a fruit loop she is.

5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

7347998A-CE52-424A-AB9B-284EF4809E50.webp

Eton mess can't even manage to pour a decent pint.

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, pablo said:

Good. There should be an amnesty now on breaking covid rules.

And I include Starmer having a curry and beer, Sturgeon not wearing a mask in a shop and Black having a can of shitey Tennents on the train to the game in that

Yes time to move on 

3 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

These Covid rules should never have been there in the first place.

Yep. 

3 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Politicians need to admit that doing stuff like this was wrong.

49882328136_4f4fb31f40_b.thumb.jpg.bda1647e908393c355055968ce696b99.jpg

Incredible to think this actually happened.  History will not look too kindly on lockdowns at all. A disastrous response. 

AlimOzturk
26 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes time to move on 

Yep. 

Incredible to think this actually happened.  History will not look too kindly on lockdowns at all. A disastrous response. 

I remember a police officer asking if I lived local after I lay down in the meadows for a break during a morning run. It was literally me and the ****ing pidgeons. I just answered I did and they nodded and walked off. However I wondered if I answered that I didn’t what they would have done. 

Have had a right chuckle about a lot of the stuff that went on and now the shackles are off how utterly ridiculous it all was. Feel vindicated as well as I called a lot of the pathetic roasters out who attempted to call me and others like me selfish for seeing through the charade. 

The rule makers broke their own rules and yet people would still, if asked, allow their freedoms to be shat on again. “For the greater good” 

covid was real but it quickly became apparent to many folk that rich greedy politicians and businesses were going to capitalise on it. The media had a ****ing field day with it as well and the fear mongering just piled onto the misery of millions. 

I seen through it all from the beginning. I don’t consider myself overly intelligent but reality is it only effected the elderly and certain vulnerable groups. They should have been told to isolate and let the country keep going. It was apparent very quickly as well. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I remember a police officer asking if I lived local after I lay down in the meadows for a break during a morning run. It was literally me and the ****ing pidgeons. I just answered I did and they nodded and walked off. However I wondered if I answered that I didn’t what they would have done. 

Have had a right chuckle about a lot of the stuff that went on and now the shackles are off how utterly ridiculous it all was. Feel vindicated as well as I called a lot of the pathetic roasters out who attempted to call me and others like me selfish for seeing through the charade. 

The rule makers broke their own rules and yet people would still, if asked, allow their freedoms to be shat on again. “For the greater good” 

covid was real but it quickly became apparent to many folk that rich greedy politicians and businesses were going to capitalise on it. The media had a ****ing field day with it as well and the fear mongering just piled onto the misery of millions. 

I seen through it all from the beginning. I don’t consider myself overly intelligent but reality is it only effected the elderly and certain vulnerable groups. They should have been told to isolate and let the country keep going. It was apparent very quickly as well. 

My thoughts exactly.  I got asked to move from  a park bench up Harrison Park by the bizzies . I asked them why and he said " not allowed to sit longer than 20 mins " at the one place.  Took my time to see through all of the bollocks but glad i did eventually. 

Shooter McGavin

When restaurants were allowed to open with restrictions, I got stopped from eating somewhere because I didn’t have a mask, as you needed one to walk to and from your table.

There was empty tables just a few feet from the door. When we pointed out that we’d literally be walking a few feet to a table without a mask, the answer was

”Sorry, still need to wear a mask”

Th walk to the table would have been at a maximum 2/3 seconds 😂

Now I’m all for sticking to rules, but a bit of common sense should prevail in moments like that.

A strange time indeed.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Like everything in this Godforsaken country we made a complete arse of most of our pandemic response, but even so this is just revisionist fantasy.  

Japan Jambo
5 hours ago, Cade said:

mmm sounds like fraud to me, she does make two short planks look like a super computer at times.

The Met have also stated that they were not giving out these fines unless they were sure they could win any appeals in a court of law.

But that's not how the fixed penalties system works.

The burden of proof for being given a fixed penalty notice is much lower.

If you needed enough evidence to win a court case, then the case would have to go to court in the first place, before any fine was handed out.

The Met is just doing the usual and protecting MPs as much as it can. It's a rotten organisation.

I hope everybody across the country that was fined retroactively appeals and points to the favourable judgements being applied to the #10 piss ups.

JudyJudyJudy
57 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Well said, Alim.

I remember seeing a young student-type honey having a wee sunbathe to herself in the unseasonably warm and sunny weather while playing football with my kids at Bruntsfield Links during the ye kin only gang oot fur an hour a day phase of the nonsense. Police told her to move on. Obviously I was only keen to see her civil liberties upheld...

Anyone who followed the rules to the detriment of their own or their loved ones' wellbeing should have a long hard think to themselves about what the people - and those who enable them - are all about. It certainly isn't looking after the average punter's best interests.

D20900D9-B642-480C-809F-20F95BDC5395.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, jonesy said:

They should have kept the sign down and just let a bit of high-speed darwinism take place.

😃😄

E2AE204F-FB38-439B-89D8-95D112E61292.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That's getting turned into an A2 poster and being put above the fireplace. 

It'll keep the kids well away without the need for a fire guard.

77ADD32E-6E91-4D36-BFDA-B9D52109FB46.gif

A Boy Named Crow
13 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Something I've really noticed about the UK since I left it has been the utter ****wittery that is just accepted as normal over there. Covid really hammered it home, you had politicians getting every big decision wrong, from whether or not to close borders, to when to lock down (which is utterly pointless if you haven't closed the border). The media just reported the press briefings as fact. 

There was then the divide in the public between those who slavishly followed the pointless rules to the letter... which given the stupidity of the rules really did bugger all to stop the spread and those who thought the best way through was just to pretend the virus didn't exist. Both extremes got it utterly wrong,  and it goes a long way to explain the horrific death rates in the UK.

I think all of this is a down to the piss poor media, it's akin to a failed state, where the regime uses the media to keep people ignorant. The ineptitude of the current Tory government, allied with the insipid, surface level banality of the BBC compared other media outlets around the world, or the shouty madness of the likes of the Express and the Mail, and it's clear, the UK had no chance of getting through covid well... and that's before we even mention brexit! 

I've kind of gone off on one,  but what I'm really saying is, this kind of corrupt, inept government has caused countless deaths,  but it is only possible because of the weak assed media in the UK. THAT'S what needs to be fixed... buggered if I know how though. 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Something I've really noticed about the UK since I left it has been the utter ****wittery that is just accepted as normal over there. Covid really hammered it home, you had politicians getting every big decision wrong, from whether or not to close borders, to when to lock down (which is utterly pointless if you haven't closed the border). The media just reported the press briefings as fact. 

There was then the divide in the public between those who slavishly followed the pointless rules to the letter... which given the stupidity of the rules really did bugger all to stop the spread and those who thought the best way through was just to pretend the virus didn't exist. Both extremes got it utterly wrong,  and it goes a long way to explain the horrific death rates in the UK.

I think all of this is a down to the piss poor media, it's akin to a failed state, where the regime uses the media to keep people ignorant. The ineptitude of the current Tory government, allied with the insipid, surface level banality of the BBC compared other media outlets around the world, or the shouty madness of the likes of the Express and the Mail, and it's clear, the UK had no chance of getting through covid well... and that's before we even mention brexit! 

I've kind of gone off on one,  but what I'm really saying is, this kind of corrupt, inept government has caused countless deaths,  but it is only possible because of the weak assed media in the UK. THAT'S what needs to be fixed... buggered if I know how though. 

I completely see your argument but think there's another angle from which you can look at it - and it doesn't show the government or the media in any better light.

Let's assume that Chris Whitty and his scientists were right and that hands/face/space and masks etc. was absolutely the right way to go. It's a bitter pill for many to swallow so it needs to be put across to the people of the country extremely well but, for the sake of argument, let's say that the rules were good. Now - who would you least want to get the people to comply with those rules? Me? Probably someone (or people) who does nothing but divide opinion; someone who couldn't explain his way out of the bag and someone who, it later turns out, had little intention of complying with the rules himself. Throw into the mix a craven media that's taking backhanders from the same set of idiots to make them look good.

We'll never know if the rules were good or not because of they way that they were put across and the obvious, gaping holes that anyone could see were allowing the virus to take its toll regardless of compliance with the rules. Personally, I think that the rules weren't ridiculous but they were "imposed" in circumstances that never gave them a chance to work.

And then cut & paste your last paragraph.

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I completely see your argument but think there's another angle from which you can look at it - and it doesn't show the government or the media in any better light.

Let's assume that Chris Whitty and his scientists were right and that hands/face/space and masks etc. was absolutely the right way to go. It's a bitter pill for many to swallow so it needs to be put across to the people of the country extremely well but, for the sake of argument, let's say that the rules were good. Now - who would you least want to get the people to comply with those rules? Me? Probably someone (or people) who does nothing but divide opinion; someone who couldn't explain his way out of the bag and someone who, it later turns out, had little intention of complying with the rules himself. Throw into the mix a craven media that's taking backhanders from the same set of idiots to make them look good.

We'll never know if the rules were good or not because of they way that they were put across and the obvious, gaping holes that anyone could see were allowing the virus to take its toll regardless of compliance with the rules. Personally, I think that the rules weren't ridiculous but they were "imposed" in circumstances that never gave them a chance to work.

And then cut & paste your last paragraph.

As you say,  the potential effectiveness of "the rules" was completely undermined from the outset by the government's own failings. 

My (poorly arriculated) point was that this government is only in the position it is in, and doing the harm it is inflicting,  because of the sorry state of what passes for journalism in the UK. 

We now have a thread 278 pages long detailing the lies told by this government,  but it's not inconceivable that they could still win the next election. How did it come to this?

They kill thousands of people through incompetence and lack of care, rip the piss out of their own laws,  chuck money to their mates hand over fist...and are still seen by many as the best team for the job of running the country. What the actual???

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

As you say,  the potential effectiveness of "the rules" was completely undermined from the outset by the government's own failings. 

My (poorly arriculated) point was that this government is only in the position it is in, and doing the harm it is inflicting,  because of the sorry state of what passes for journalism in the UK. 

We now have a thread 278 pages long detailing the lies told by this government,  but it's not inconceivable that they could still win the next election. How did it come to this?

They kill thousands of people through incompetence and lack of care, rip the piss out of their own laws,  chuck money to their mates hand over fist...and are still seen by many as the best team for the job of running the country. What the actual???

On close analysis, you'll probably find that only about 120 pages are about Tory lies; the rest is padding about Scottish independence :D. We could have a 10 page thread on the colour of grass and 6 of them would be given over to Scottish independence...

The Mighty Thor
Just now, I P Knightley said:

On close analysis, you'll probably find that only about 120 pages are about Tory lies; the rest is padding about Scottish independence :D. We could have a 10 page thread on the colour of grass and 6 of them would be given over to Scottish independence...

with the 6 pages being the inane slaverings, gifs and emojis of three posters. 

il Duce McTarkin
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

with the 6 pages being the inane slaverings, gifs and emojis of three posters. 

Yer nae slouch at jumping in with both feet yersel', TMT.  :lol:

The Mighty Thor
33 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Yer nae slouch at jumping in with both feet yersel', TMT.  :lol:

Truth bullets my good man. Truth bullets. 

3 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

but it's not inconceivable that they could still win the next election.

They just continue to tell even bigger lies to stay in power but I think there will be a rebellion on the streets as the mess they are making begins to hit home and in the pocket. 

il Duce McTarkin
23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Truth bullets my good man. Truth bullets. 

:D

A Boy Named Crow
8 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Fair point

:sadrobbo:

Private meeting between the PM and Sue Grey has taken place to doctor the report no doubt.?

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

£730 million.

And people vote tory because they think they’re one of them 😂

The next few months will be tough.

Not for him personally of course, he could spunk a million a week for the next year and no touch the sides.

His wife's family's worth billions too of course.

But I'm sure that our best interests are at the forefront of his mind.

Edited by Smithee

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The next few months will be tough.

Not for him personally of course, he could spunk a million a week for the next year and no touch the sides.

His wife's family's worth billions too of course.

But I'm sure that our best interests are at the forefront of his mind.

Yep, a man worth £730 million, is currently unable to impose a one of windfall tax on gas & energy companies who have just recorded record profits, whilst their customers are starving themselves just to TRY and pay their bills due to the prices being hiked to all-time highs.

I hope the absurdity of all of this is beginning to dawn on those of the, let’s just say gammon persuasion. 

But I suspect they’re still outraged that Prince William got booed, or something equally frivolous. 

Sunak spending (another) £500,000 on focus groups and spin doctors to repair and enhance his public image

:seething:

Alexa, what is "out of touch"?

Edited by Cade

dobmisterdobster
20 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

£730 million.

And people vote tory because they think they’re one of them 😂

Worry about what the Government does with your money rather than worrying about what Rishi does with his own money.

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Worry about what the Government does with your money rather than worrying about what Rishi does with his own money.

I am worried about what this government does with both mines, and everybody else's tax money.

I don’t know if you’re new to this thread, but myself and others have been quite vocal on that front.

The point that has been made about his personal wealth is that he’s the one in charge of the purse strings, and with him being worth that much he’s hardly going to be able to understand or relate to the people who are starving themselves to pay bills at this moment in time.

It's not his money.

It's taxpayers money he's spunking on this vanity bullshit.

He's already spent £1.3million on focus groups and public image.

Edited by Cade

dobmisterdobster
13 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's not his money.

It's taxpayers money he's spunking on this vanity bullshit.

He's already spent £1.3million on focus groups and public image.

He made the Rich List off his salary for being the Chancellor?

£730 million is a lot for an individual but let's be real. It would probably only pay the salaries if NHS middle managers for a fortnight before it dried up.

Shooter McGavin
24 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

He made the Rich List off his salary for being the Chancellor?

£730 million is a lot for an individual but let's be real. It would probably only pay the salaries if NHS middle managers for a fortnight before it dried up.

£730 million is also just 1.9% of the budget the Torys allocated to a failed test and trace app.

But aye, go ahead and bring NHS workers, who have been worked into the ground and can’t cope, wages into it.

dobmisterdobster
10 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

£730 million is also just 1.9% of the budget the Torys allocated to a failed test and trace app.

But aye, go ahead and bring NHS workers, who have been worked into the ground and can’t cope, wages into it.

I am happy to blame bloated NHS bureaucracy.

Fat cats with zero medical background earning 5-6 figures.

Blair created this problem and nobody has done anything to solve it.

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I am happy to blame bloated NHS bureaucracy.

Fat cats with zero medical background earning 5-6 figures.

Blair created this problem and nobody has done anything to solve it.

Ermm, I don’t think NHS staff are the issue here pal.

If you’re worried about money going to the wrong places, maybe frivolous p*** like decorating Buckingham Palace with tax payers money, or taxpayers money getting spunked on renovating Big Ben, or Torys shipping millions off to their private donor pals through dodgy government contracts, is where you should be directing your attention.

I don’t really think NHS staff working 60 hour week are the ones currently failing this country, or wasting taxpayers money.

Shooter McGavin

As was pointed out earlier in the thread but I’d like to highlight it further

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rishi-sunak-focus-groups-rayner-b2084297.html

So I’ll repeat it again, children starving, working adults relying on foodbanks, pensioners having to use public transport to experience heat,

and this tory ^^^^, who has a net worth £730 million, spunks £500k of mine and YOUR tax money on “improving his image”.

A Boy Named Crow

Yesterday Australia got their version of the Tories thoroughly telt. It's nice to be rid of them! When you get the chance I really hope you manage to rid yourselves of yours.