• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Yet, he's still no tory. Total scum and the filthiest vermin that walk the earth. Almost at no voter levels of scumdom. Rodents! 

:laugh2:

Here, did that rat Douglas Ross not say he was going to vote against the UK internal market bill???

What happened? Surely he didnt ‘lie’???

toly party members just dont do that.

On 08/12/2020 at 16:28, weehammy said:

World class lying today from the slimy Murrell at the Salmond inquiry.

Fake news, aye but the Tories and that eh

44 minutes ago, Mike said:

Fake news, aye but the Tories and that eh

Does anyone really care?

(It is a tory bashing thread though eh...lets keep it on topic).

Edited by Pans Jambo

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Does anyone really care?

(It is a tory bashing thread though eh...lets keep it on topic).

I think the majority of the electorate should care that our first minister is dishonest.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I think the majority of the electorate should care that our first minister is dishonest.

I agree. But they dont. And neither does the whole of the UK when it comes to the UK government and their shenanigans over the last 10 years. Make the FM look like a nun.

14 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I agree. But they dont. And neither does the whole of the UK when it comes to the UK government and their shenanigans over the last 10 years. Make the FM look like a nun.

They do the Scottish government has voted twice for her to release documents she wants kept secret. I don't think anyone with half a brain thinks Sturgeon looks good last couple of months.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

They do the Scottish government has voted twice for her to release documents she wants kept secret. I don't think anyone with half a brain thinks Sturgeon looks good last couple of months.

As soon as the covid pandemic is over I can see her resigning with the mantra 'ive taken the party as far as I can. Its 'time' for the people of Scotland to decide their own destiny (but mind and vote for independence) and all the other shite she blathers. She is as much a politician as any of the rest of them and her condescending, patronising tones over the past 9 months have really grated on me and I've hardly watched the news since May! I enjoyed her getting called out by Andrew Marr the other week and even Piers Morgan (who has constantly sung her praises) rattled her by asking why do you think its ok to take Scotland out of the UK but put them back in to the EU where they will have to abide by more beaurocracy and rules that are set for you? 

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Mike said:

Ok “Mike” have you just joined a football site to pontificate on politics aye? You a hearts man at all? And anti snp/anti indy/pro brexit I see too..

Bore off somewhere else eh. 

Edited by jack D and coke

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Ok “Mike” have you just joined a football site to pontificate on politics aye? You a hearts man at all? And anti snp/anti indy/pro brexit I see too..

Do you not like my opinions "jack"? No tolerance for those with other views I see.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol:

A former poster making a comeback.

3 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

As soon as the covid pandemic is over I can see her resigning with the mantra 'ive taken the party as far as I can. Its 'time' for the people of Scotland to decide their own destiny (but mind and vote for independence) and all the other shite she blathers. She is as much a politician as any of the rest of them and her condescending, patronising tones over the past 9 months have really grated on me and I've hardly watched the news since May! I enjoyed her getting called out by Andrew Marr the other week and even Piers Morgan (who has constantly sung her praises) rattled her by asking why do you think its ok to take Scotland out of the UK but put them back in to the EU where they will have to abide by more beaurocracy and rules that are set for you? 

Yes she doesn't have a lot of shelf life left. We definitely need some stronger opposition in scotland to call her out as her government has been a complete failure and  her "vision" for scotland is utter nonsense.

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, Mike said:

Do you not like my opinions "jack"? No tolerance for those with other views I see.

Not at all “Mike” I have friends and family with a broad range of views that get reflected a lot in here. 

Just weird joining a football site to bore us all with your polarised opinions. 
If you are indeed a Hearts man then I apologise. 

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yes she doesn't have a lot of shelf life left. We definitely need some stronger opposition in scotland to call her out as her government has been a complete failure and  her "vision" for scotland is utter nonsense.

I agree Mike. I've not long posted on the rise and fall of the snp thread about how the other parties need to get a grip in Scotland. Our parliament is a bit like the bundesliga just now whereby the SNP are bayern and they know ultimately that, despite a challenge from the tories (dortmund) and a tickle from lib dem/Labour (RB Leipzig and Monchengladbach)  they will still win the league every year!

jack D and coke
23 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A former poster making a comeback.

Wouldn’t surprise me tbh. There’s a few who vanished right enough. Got bored getting a riddy. 

26 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Because, believe it or not, EU member states have more power, sovereignty and control than members of the UK do.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

I agree Mike. I've not long posted on the rise and fall of the snp thread about how the other parties need to get a grip in Scotland. Our parliament is a bit like the bundesliga just now whereby the SNP are bayern and they know ultimately that, despite a challenge from the tories (dortmund) and a tickle from lib dem/Labour (RB Leipzig and Monchengladbach)  they will still win the league every year!

How can any WM party gain any traction when they immediately get slapped into line? You could have a Robin Cook or a John Smith up here and they’d be wiping the egg off their face regular. 
Remember this for example? 
They can say whatever they like but ultimately they are neutered and only let off hot air and the majority of people have seen through it. 

A9422FEC-F8AC-4F08-B419-9B3D068F43AB.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Because, believe it or not, EU member states have more power, sovereignty and control than members of the UK do.

When NS was asked about leaving the UK but re joining the EU by piers morgan she alluded to the fact the difference was Scotland would be part of the EU as an independent country. I take from that she was implying we as a government currently have to answer to WM but, as an independent state we would have more freedom. Im genuinely interested to read more about the benefits of being in the EU if you have any links you can post, be much appreciated. I dont know a great deal about EU membership but I do know we currently have devolved powers for tax, health and education in Scotland, pretty much the main 3 things that affect us all greatly here and I would say that the SNP haven't exactly made a success of any of the 3. Again, thats just my own opinion though. Being part of the EU might be beneficial but wasn't one of the main reasons the UK government wanted us out was due to a lot of red tape surrounding rules and regulations that all member states have to comply with, plus the vast sums of money we were required to contribute each year? 

19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

How can any WM party gain any traction when they immediately get slapped into line? You could have a Robin Cook or a John Smith up here and they’d be wiping the egg off their face regular. 
They can say whatever they like but ultimately they are neutered and only let off hot air and the majority of people have seen through it. 

19 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Thats a fair point J D and does add a fair bit of weight to an independent Scotland. Ruth is off to WM next year and join the peerage gravy train is she not?? No wonder a large chunk of the scottish population are fed up with politics. 

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Thats a fair point J D and does add a fair bit of weight to an independent Scotland. Ruth is off to WM next year and join the peerage gravy train is she not?? No wonder a large chunk of the scottish population are fed up with politics. 

Davidson is an absolute arsehole. Flip flopped more times than an Arabs sandal and has the least substance of ANY MSP i think I’ve ever listened to. She’s on a par with that goon big Jim Murphy. 
Absolute slavers who’s only line is “No indyref” they have absolutely nothing else to offer and as for her taking a peerage...

Well, say no more frankly. 

Even the New York Times taking aim now:

Waste, Negligence and Cronyism: Inside Britain’s Pandemic Spending

In the desperate scramble for protective gear and other equipment, politically connected companies reaped billions.

To shine a light on one of the greatest spending sprees in Britain’s postwar era, The New York Times analyzed a large segment of it, the roughly 1,200 central government contracts that have been made public, together worth nearly $22 billion. Of that, about $11 billion went to companies either run by friends and associates of politicians in the Conservative Party, or with no prior experience or a history of controversy. Meanwhile, smaller firms without political clout got nowhere.

. . .

Lord Deighton has helped the government award billions of dollars in contracts –– including hundreds of millions to several companies where he has financial interests or personal connections.

. . .

Many more contracts remain secret.

Just incredible. There will never be a way to determine how many regular people needlessly suffered and died in order that the Tories could line the pockets of their friends.

But even if you think the handling of Covid by the Scottish government has been a complete shambles (it hasn't been great, perhaps, but we'll humour you), nothing can compare to this. You are a hypocrite if you've been moaning about that and don't look at this and want heads to roll. Full stop.

The article is massive but be sure to check out the infographics.

47 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Even the New York Times taking aim now:

Waste, Negligence and Cronyism: Inside Britain’s Pandemic Spending

In the desperate scramble for protective gear and other equipment, politically connected companies reaped billions.

To shine a light on one of the greatest spending sprees in Britain’s postwar era, The New York Times analyzed a large segment of it, the roughly 1,200 central government contracts that have been made public, together worth nearly $22 billion. Of that, about $11 billion went to companies either run by friends and associates of politicians in the Conservative Party, or with no prior experience or a history of controversy. Meanwhile, smaller firms without political clout got nowhere.

. . .

Lord Deighton has helped the government award billions of dollars in contracts –– including hundreds of millions to several companies where he has financial interests or personal connections.

. . .

Many more contracts remain secret.

Just incredible. There will never be a way to determine how many regular people needlessly suffered and died in order that the Tories could line the pockets of their friends.

But even if you think the handling of Covid by the Scottish government has been a complete shambles (it hasn't been great, perhaps, but we'll humour you), nothing can compare to this. You are a hypocrite if you've been moaning about that and don't look at this and want heads to roll. Full stop.

The article is massive but be sure to check out the infographics.

We’re all in it together. I wonder if the British press will continue to ignore this? 

57 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

We’re all in it together. I wonder if the British press will continue to ignore this? 

Definitely a shocking aspect, yeah. Why is it an American “paper of record” that's the ones to investigate and long-form write about the details of all this?

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Rees-Mogg (scumbag extrodinaire) moaning that starving children in London will be fed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-child-food-poverty-unicef-b1775618.html?amp

To say it’s shameful is an understatement.

Not surprising from these crooks.

A truly bonkers and unhinged Liz Truss speech has been heavily redacted upon publication on the government's archive website.

She was actually claiming that reading and writing indicators in England are falling because kids are spending too much time being taught about racism and identity.

:vrface:

46 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Not sure this is right thread maybe seethe more appropriate, 

****ing Priti Patel is a ****ing joke of a politician. Some of the pish she has been coming out with is beyond belief. One of the more interesting being that the government have been ahead of COVID since the start of march. 

News channels should be pasting fake news across the screen when she spouts that pish.

Instead she's not even pressed on it. Stenographers, the lot of them.

Governor Tarkin
17 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Instead she's not even pressed on it. Stenographers, the lot of them.

I'd like to give her a good pressing tbh.

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

In fairness the interview I saw, presenter did challenge her but she just Uber aggressive/assertive self.

Ah fair enough, cheers. Still, the brass neck to even make a claim like that in the first place :lol:

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

she just Uber aggressive/assertive self. 

:wub:

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

You would never satisfy it Gov and she wouldn’t be long in letting you know about, 

I can assure you, LBJ, five minutes is all she'd need and six minutes is all she'd want. 👍

Konrad von Carstein
25 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:wub:

I can assure you, LBJ, five minutes is all she'd need and six minutes is all she'd want. 👍

Split shifts?

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

"If you’re a political journalist who has regular contact with people in power, and your analysis is always aligned with prevailing orthodoxy, then you’re not really a journalist, you’re a courtier."
-Frankie Boyle

Lords Appointments Commission advises against making Tory donor Peter Cruddas a Lord.

Boris ignores that advice and does it anyways.

The Lords is a cesspit of cronyism. Utterly blatant and yet somehow completely legal.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Lords Appointments Commission advises against making Tory donor Peter Cruddas a Lord.

Boris ignores that advice and does it anyways.

The Lords is a cesspit of cronyism. Utterly blatant and yet somehow completely legal.

That's democracy. 

Farcical. 

image.png.488a8634233d975c3350650d746a0992.png

BUT STURGEON HAD HER MASK OFF FOR A FEW MINUTES AT A SAFE DISTANCE. DISCRACE

How telling about where his mind is at too, eh? He knows he can't win. He knows he'll soon be gone. And he knows he wants to keep running the line when that happens. :rofl:

maroonlegions
The Daily Heil openly urging the Government to reject scientific advice and put children and their families in danger - and seeming to offer sympathy to the woman who organised children for Epstein etc to abuse? If I catch anyone reading this, I will light the copy as they hold it.

Image may contain: 3 people, text that says "Baily TUESDAY, DECEMBER mail Good Health www.dailymail.co.uk Daily newspaper year 70p STARTS E 12 health tweaks to Eat better Hi-tech new toothbrushes help you FOR EVER to make your lose weight by Hugh Fearnley- y-Whittingstall smile sparkle DON'T BETRAY OUR CHILDREN Fury as schools poised to shut until February hWhite, Glen Keogh Ghislaine's New Year jail hell as £21m bail bid is REJECTED SEE PAGE TEN KEEPING schools shut in harm children's were deaths; New blow: under pstei"

More Tory Lies and broken promises post Brexit 

the UK's participation in erasmus would not be effected 

There would be no special deal for NI and no checks at the border 

The UK would have complete control over fishing

VAT would be scrapped on energy bills

Working class would be better off and wages would be higher

UK would have an extra £350m a week to spend on the NHS

Voting against independence would protect scotlands EU membership

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Alan_R said:

More Tory Lies and broken promises post Brexit 

the UK's participation in erasmus would not be effected 

There would be no special deal for NI and no checks at the border 

The UK would have complete control over fishing

VAT would be scrapped on energy bills

Working class would be better off and wages would be higher

UK would have an extra £350m a week to spend on the NHS

Voting against independence would protect scotlands EU membership

They’re just scumbags.

Governor Tarkin
On 31/12/2020 at 12:53, Cade said:

Boris' dad applies for French citizenship

:seething:

:rofl:

Shameless.

40 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The fat, racist, English nationalist, clown that he is...

...Until he applies for French citizenship, like his old man.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Shameless.

...Until he applies for French citizenship, like his old man.

:lol: I think he'd need to move further away than that.

Richard Drax declares ownership of a plantation in Barbados in his list of interests.

His family have owned it since 1640 and used slaves from then until 1836.

:scenes:

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Richard Drax declares ownership of a plantation in Barbados in his list of interests.

His family have owned it since 1640 and used slaves from then until 1836.

:scenes:

I genuinely wonder how long it will be before the searchlights are turned on the 'British Establishment', including the Royal family, questioning their part in the dubious practices of the past and the building of their glorious empire?