aussieh

More Tory lies

JamboX2

My party? You flatter me...

Given the Tories are just above labour due to their fixation with a referendum, it's probable that the swing to them to make them so feebly second is down to labour defections. Labour should be reminding these people what they are siding with.

They should be talking policy, not getting derailed by referendum talk. Ignore it, would be my advice.

Labour should talk policy. Generally do. Get beat. Get told to focus on the constitution. Do. Get beat. Get told to focus on policy. Repeat.

The party should be arguing on policy lines all the time in Scotland. Against the SNP in Holyrood and Tories at Westminster. As I said a few pages back doing a Beveridge and picking 5 big issues (evils) and fighting the fight there would be ideal.

Corbyn was having a good week on policy till Abbott laid into the PLP on Friday. Dugdale and Corbyn need to just talk shop.

JamboX2

Isn't it councils who provide local services? Sorry, just being a wee bit facetious. :thumb:

Which is the point I'm making.

aussieh

Oi Spacey. ^^^^^^^

Bedroom tax?

Thunderstruck

It's your own self to keep up with what goes on in the Scottish Parliament, I'm not going to sit here and spoon feed you for your daft trolling points. Plenty info out there.

Is any of the info that is "out there" if any help to you in answering the question on PFI and the SNP?

Perhaps you have filed that under "too difficult".

Seymour M Hersh

My party? You flatter me...

Given the Tories are just above labour due to their fixation with a referendum, it's probable that the swing to them to make them so feebly second is down to labour defections. Labour should be reminding these people what they are siding with.

They should be talking policy, not getting derailed by referendum talk. Ignore it, would be my advice.

There's only one party with, as you say, a fixation for a referendum Boris and you know it. 

Boris

There's only one party with, as you say, a fixation for a referendum Boris and you know it.

Yip, It's the Tories!

aussieh

A Tory obsession. Everyone knows the SNP objective, but the Tories are using it in reverse and it's pushing all the labour vote(the ones who would never vote for Tory filth) to the SNP and The repeal of The Act of Union .

Tick Tock

No more scummy Tory vermin filth.

Mintit!

deesidejambo

Yip, It's the Tories!

The Tories are using the local elections as a mini Indyref poll. They are calculating that it will win them support and they could be right, but it's wrong to play this card in the locals.

All parties should stick to local issues and imo the more Independents who get voted in the better.

Boris

The Tories are using the local elections as a mini Indyref poll. They are calculating that it will win them support and they could be right, but it's wrong to play this card in the locals.

All parties should stick to local issues and imo the more Independents who get voted in the better.

Takes the attention off of rape clause Ruth I suppose.

Boris

Labour should talk policy. Generally do. Get beat. Get told to focus on the constitution. Do. Get beat. Get told to focus on policy. Repeat.

The party should be arguing on policy lines all the time in Scotland. Against the SNP in Holyrood and Tories at Westminster. As I said a few pages back doing a Beveridge and picking 5 big issues (evils) and fighting the fight there would be ideal.

Corbyn was having a good week on policy till Abbott laid into the PLP on Friday. Dugdale and Corbyn need to just talk shop.

This is better

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39623276

Radio Ga Ga

So 26 million quid of taxpayers money a year and no new legislation passed in over a year. That is an absolutely shameful embarrassment.

I actually made a mistake, the running costs of the Scottish Parliment for the year ending 31 March 2016 were over ?75M per annum = ?1,446,000 Per Week, outstanding value for our taxes, not! - Source  - http://www.parliament.scot/help/61877.aspx

deesidejambo

Takes the attention off of rape clause Ruth I suppose.

Not sure about that. I think the rape clause may be seen by the majority as a crude attempt to solve a problem caused by the overall restriction of payments.

Not sure it has massive traction in terms of overall voting intent.

However tapping into the anti-Indy population may gain more votes than they lose.

Boris

I actually made a mistake, the running costs of the Scottish Parliment for the year ending 31 March 2016 were over ?75M per annum = ?1,446,000 Per Week, outstanding value for our taxes, not! - Source  - http://www.parliament.scot/help/61877.aspx

Why isn't it VFM?

By 31 March 2016 there had been about 30 acts passed by the parliament from April 2015 to March 2016.

Boris

Not sure about that. I think the rape clause may be seen by the majority as a crude attempt to solve a problem caused by the overall restriction of payments.

Not sure it has massive traction in terms of overall voting intent.

However tapping into the anti-Indy population may gain more votes than they lose.

I suspect they may have plateuxed there.

deesidejambo

I suspect they may have plateuxed there.

They definitely have but not sure the Council elections have caught up with that.

I will be voting Indy.

Er, Independent candidate of course.

Seymour M Hersh

Yip, It's the Tories!

Well, you go on believing that myth if you want to.

Boris

Well, you go on believing that myth if you want to.

They are th eones painting a local election as such, not the SNP.

Space Mackerel

Is any of the info that is "out there" if any help to you in answering the question on PFI and the SNP?

Perhaps you have filed that under "too difficult".

"Now is not the time"

:rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maroonlegions

Yip this one is a beauty.

17904505_1911064412505820_24070756375309

:qqb006:

Radio Ga Ga

Yip this one is a beauty.

17904505_1911064412505820_24070756375309

:qqb006:

What about Nicoliar saying she would not put forward a proposal for an Indy referendum unless there was a clear will of the people of Scotland?

Thunderstruck

"Now is not the time"

:rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What was I thinking! I should have known better than expect a straight answer.

Boris

What about Nicoliar saying she would not put forward a proposal for an Indy referendum unless there was a clear will of the people of Scotland?

Arguably they showed their clear will when the SNP won the Holyrood election with the manifesto committment rgeards material change etc etc etc

Thunderstruck

Arguably they showed their clear will when the SNP won the Holyrood election with the manifesto committment rgeards material change etc etc etc

A brave attempt at The Illusion of Truth Effect

It certainly is arguable. They won by having the most seats, not the majority of votes (as discussed, that election was partly on FPTP).

They only have a "parliamentary will" thanks to the Greens. There is no "popular will".

Boris

A brave attempt at The Illusion of Truth Effect

It certainly is arguable. They won by having the most seats, not the majority of votes (as discussed, that election was partly on FPTP).

They only have a "parliamentary will" thanks to the Greens. There is no "popular will".

I think you'll find it hard to find any government that has popular will.

Thunderstruck

I think you'll find it hard to find any government that has popular will.

But, on our wee island, we know of one government that accepts the popular will and one that doesn't.

Boris

But, on our wee island, we know of one government that accepts the popular will and one that doesn't.

Referenda results are not written in stone.

Thunderstruck

Referenda results are not written in stone.

But some seem more indelible than others.

maroonlegions

Someone should be pulling May and her Tory mates  up on  the stats on child poverty since her party introduced austerity on the poor and vulnerable. 

This report from UNICEF is one sad indictment towards this Conservative government. 

Seems that those in the media never really ask the right questions or ask such questions based on the below. 

Some Tories  or Selfservatives will just dismiss this report as a mush mash of incorrect data or even a conspiracy theory :laugh4: and  ignoring the fact its from UNICEF.

Shocking and inhumane report.

Graphic from Inequality Briefing If ever you needed convincing evidence that austerity ? which is central to neoliberalism and social conservatism ? doesn?t?
KITTYSJONES.WORDPRESS.COM

You can read the UNICEF report in full here.

Space Mackerel

What was I thinking! I should have known better than expect a straight answer.

I wouldn't mind a straight answer oot Maggie Mays gob :)

Thunderstruck

Someone should be pulling May and her Tory mates up on the stats on child poverty since her party introduced austerity on the poor and vulnerable.

This report from UNICEF is one sad indictment towards this Conservative government.

Seems that those in the media never really ask the right questions or ask such questions based on the below.

Some Tories or Selfservatives will just dismiss this report as a mush mash of incorrect data or even a conspiracy theory :laugh4: and ignoring the fact its from UNICEF.

Shocking and inhumane report.

The impact of a Conservative government on Child Poverty ? analysis of report by UNICEF

Graphic from Inequality Briefing If ever you needed convincing evidence that austerity ? which is central to neoliberalism and social conservatism ? doesn?t?

KITTYSJONES.WORDPRESS.COM

You can read the UNICEF report in full here.

Interesting but is there nothing more recent than 2014?

Thunderstruck

I wouldn't mind a straight answer oot Maggie Mays gob :)

Can It be assumed, then, that you accept that the SNP, far from abandoning PFI, are setting about expanding its use with some gusto.

We'll leave for later the issue of the PFI/NPD debt now being with banks in tax havens.

#snpbad #badsnp

Space Mackerel

Can It be assumed, then, that you accept that the SNP, far from abandoning PFI, are setting about expanding its use with some gusto.

We'll leave for later the issue of the PFI/NPD debt now being with banks in tax havens.

#snpbad #badsnp

Here's a link, I cannot be bothered reading it right now, I pure giggling my arse off at this GE announcement.

http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Government/Finance/18232/12308

Thunderstruck

Here's a link, I cannot be bothered reading it right now, I pure giggling my arse off at this GE announcement.

http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Government/Finance/18232/12308

Well done, now you can get "Finding stuff on Google" signed off in your task book. Next step is "Finding the right stuff on Google" and then you can have a bash at "Understanding stuff found on Google".

Space Mackerel

Well done, now you can get "Finding stuff on Google" signed off in your task book. Next step is "Finding the right stuff on Google" and then you can have a bash at "Understanding stuff found on Google".

This thread is about ripping the hypocrisy out the Torys and there lies.

Maybe post in the SNP water stockists nonsense 1 to get a reply. :)

Seymour M Hersh

Several bridges too far for him.

Space Mackerel

So the new Tory Councillor is a member of the private big willy online club. Hear there's a meeting of Dunblane residents tonight. What a shame.

Meanwhile, this surfaces, strong and stable eh?

b078ff64c570844d3f0f1bc604348beb.jpg

Dawnrazor

So the new Tory Councillor is a member of the private big willy online club. Hear there's a meeting of Dunblane residents tonight. What a shame.

Meanwhile, this surfaces, strong and stable eh?b078ff64c570844d3f0f1bc604348beb.jpg

****ing hell, that has to be a new low even for you :facepalm: :facepalm:

Space Mackerel

******* hell, that has to be a new low even for you :facepalm: :facepalm:

I thought that would be a new low for the Tory Party masquerading as UKIP and the BNP combined myself.

Dawnrazor

I thought that would be a new low for the Tory Party masquerading as UKIP and the BNP combined myself.

Really, sometimes your posts are pertinent, not often, but sometimes , some of you're posts are humerus, but this is scraping the barrel, you're doing yourself no favours posting shit like that ffs :facepalm:

Space Mackerel

Really, sometimes your posts are pertinent, not often, but sometimes , some of you're posts are humerus, but this is scraping the barrel, you're doing yourself no favours posting shit like that ffs :facepalm:

Have a few truth bullets.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/04/can-anybody-find-significant-difference-mays-policies-british-national-party-manifesto-2005/

Space Mackerel

Deflection. You've sunk to new levels, no amount of deflection will hide it.

That's all you say when you've no answers. Deflection, deflection, deflection. :lol:

Mays current policies are no different from the BNP in 2005 as the link proves.

Trapper John McIntyre

That's all you say when you've no answers. Deflection, deflection, deflection. :lol:

Mays current policies are no different from the BNP in 2005 as the link proves.

There is help out there.

Space Mackerel

There is help out there.

Nice deflection John.

Seen as you can't be bothered to click the link.

"I was struck by how entirely similar Theresa May?s discourse is to that of the British National Party candidate I fought in Blackburn in 2005. That led me to turn to the BNP 2005 Manifesto, and I can see little significant difference between it and current Tory policy.

The British National Party in 2005 advocated:

? Severe cuts in immigration

? Leaving the EU

? Bringing back grammar schools

? Increased military spending

? More ?security? and ?strong leadership?

? Foreign policy driven by ?British national interest? not human rights

? Reduce development aid

Indeed, the few differences I can find between the BNP 2005 manifesto and the current Tory platform are in areas like the NHS, where the Tories are more right wing than the BNP were.

Thankfully it was still considered by most people socially beyond the pale to support the BNP in 2005. Today the media portray anyone perceptibly to the left of those positions as mad. Society has changed markedly ? and not for the better."

TWEET

SHARE 8.9K

+1

jambo lodge

I love to come on to the Shed to see what SM's latest post is. If you believe in conspiracy theories everywhere then you can always come up with the next story even although its clearly bollocks. The lovely Theresa and her husband were just on the One Show and funnily enough they were not questioned on why some of their policies might be similar to the BNP.

Space Mackerel

I love to come on to the Shed to see what SM's latest post is. If you believe in conspiracy theories everywhere then you can always come up with the next story even although its clearly bollocks. The lovely Theresa and her husband were just on the One Show and funnily enough they were not questioned on why some of their policies might be similar to the BNP.

Did you get into politics because of her shoes? Did you like them? :rofl:

https://twitter.com/beardedgenius/status/862012582399549440