aussieh

More Tory lies

Space Mackerel

Can't disagree with Ruth on that. Would rather it was on local issues.

But them boom - indyref2 was announced.

Meanwhile, Frank Ross is telling us he leads Edinburgh's "only party".

No one is talking about local policies.

It's a blight on all of them Spacey and a sign of how bad Scottish politics has gotten.

I've actually seen plenty social media posts from SNP MSP's, MP's etc all saying vote to the what you think is right for yourself and locally. I'll be honest, haven't seen one mentioning indy2. Plenty from SNP supporters though.

On the other hand...

886339c63c71f2914758c38d49544d51.jpg

Edited by Space Mackerel

SwindonJambo

I think you're now getting the jist why we want to get away from Westminster rule with the above post. It's nice to have these options given the circumstances. :)

No, SOME of you want to get away from Westminster. it may well build to a majority one day. However, frustrating as Westminster is, Holyrood is far from perfect either. Over 100 MSPs, all on over ?60 grand a year plus expenses plus a nice cushy pension building up and they haven't passed any new legislation in over a year. The whole shebang must cost well over 10 million quid a year or run. It wouldn't matter what party I supported but I'd be FURIOUS about that and so should everyone else be with the whole bunch of them, regardless of Party. No new legislation is a disgrace for any Parliament and it begs the question, "what's the point of it?". At the moment it's just an expensive talking shop.

Edited by SwindonJambo

Arnold Rothstein

I was going to vote according to the manifestos of the local candidates but seeing as Labour and the Torys are supposedly making this to be a referendum on a referendum, they will not be getting my vote. They'll be ranked last.

Both need to grow up, it's embarrassing canvassing from the pair.

Why are you going to rank them at all?

Arnold Rothstein

No, SOME of you want to get away from Westminster. it may well build to a majority one day. However, frustrating as Westminster is, Holyrood is far from perfect either. Over 100 MSPs, all on over ?60 grand a year plus expenses plus a nice cushy pension building up and they haven't passed any new legislation in over a year. The whole shebang must cost well over 10 million quid a year or run. It wouldn't matter what party I supported but I'd be FURIOUS about that and so should everyone else be with the whole bunch of them, regardless of Party. No new legislation is a disgrace for any Parliament and it begs the question, "what's the point of it?". At the moment it's just an expensive talking shop.

I'm not defending either parliament here but MPs are just as entitled to work expenses as the rest of us. It's the abuse of the system that should be rightly scorned.

Radio Ga Ga

The running costs of the Scottish Assembly at Holyrood is ?500,000 PER WEEK!

Radio Ga Ga

Why are you going to rank them at all?

Should be 1, 2, 3 anyone bar the SNP (and the wee Snatzs the Greens)

Arnold Rothstein

Should be 1, 2, 3 anyone bar the SNP (and the wee Snatzs the Greens)

The SNP certainly won't be ranked on my ballot paper.

Trapper John McIntyre

The SNP certainly won't be ranked on my ballot paper.

The SNP are rank full stop.

aussieh

I actually think that Jeremy Corbyn isn't that bad a choice down South given the MSM bias that's been adopted since he took the reigns over at Labour, there's definitely an agenda set against him in tv and the usual print media., it's pretty obvious.

He's probably the only decent left winger that can resurrect Labour up here, Kezia is an utter disaster, some saying SLAB are on 14% now.

He's an arse, power has turned his head.

aussieh

Another yin caught using foul language and racism on social media [emoji849]

Is that 8 now? Whit they like eh?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/407101/tory-candidate-apologises-for-facebook-posts/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Add Fergus Mackenzie.

And Murdo Fraser(Wants people to vote UKIP before The Saviours of Scotland)

How desperate.

Space Mackerel

Add Fergus Mackenzie.

And Murdo Fraser(Wants people to vote UKIP before The Saviours of Scotland)

How desperate.

This Murdo Fraser?

7436bd72064469750643c58d48f75af8.jpg

aussieh

Another yin caught using foul language and racism on social media [emoji849]

Is that 8 now? Whit they like eh?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/407101/tory-candidate-apologises-for-facebook-posts/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Here Mack, did you see Trapper and The Shedditte Onionists in Wishaw at the weekend? Edited by aussieh

SwindonJambo

The running costs of the Scottish Assembly at Holyrood is ?500,000 PER WEEK!

So 26 million quid of taxpayers money a year and no new legislation passed in over a year. That is an absolutely shameful embarrassment.

aussieh

So 26 million quid of taxpayers money a year and no new legislation passed in over a year. That is an absolutely shameful embarrassment.

Don't worry there'll be plenty in 2 year time. The Great UK repeal bill being the first of many.

John Findlay

That means nothing. The party in Scotland is fully autonomous. Reforms have happened to that effect.

They still take their lead from London and always will. SLAB has to divorce UKLAB or it will fall into oblivion.

JamboX2

Don't worry there'll be plenty in 2 year time. The Great UK repeal bill being the first of many.

Nah. Really won't be.

Space Mackerel

?9m. What are your thoughts on no legislation being passed at Holyrood in such a long time Macks?

Thought you Torys weren't a fan of big Government interference anyways?

Arnold Rothstein

Thought you Torys weren't a fan of big Government interference anyways?

They should probably be doing something though eh? Even just a little bit?

Space Mackerel

They should probably be doing something though eh? Even just a little bit?

$33 million a jet. How many is there? 16 or something?

Most the parliaments time is taken up fixing the shite legislation sent up from down South.

Arnold Rothstein

$33 million a jet. How many is there? 16 or something?

Most the parliaments time is taken up fixing the shite legislation sent up from down South.

Examples pleeeeease.

Also, where the feck are you getting $33m per jet per year from?

Space Mackerel

They replacing them every year like?

We probably don't want to go down the route of initial price when the original discussion was around Holyrood costs......

Who was the party who oversaw that?

And the PFI schools and hospitals?

Arnold Rothstein

I couldn't care less which party oversaw it tbh.

How's that list of Holyrood fixing shite legislation from big bad Westminster coming along?

Edited by Arnold Rothstein

Thunderstruck

The SNP promised to replace PFI/PPP with a scheme based on issuing bonds.

Care to explain whether that sales pitch turned into action and, if not, how the ongoing NHS and education projects are funded.

Arnold Rothstein

I couldn't care less which party oversaw it tbh.

How's that list of Holyrood fixing shite legislation from big bad Westminster coming along?

Oi Spacey. ^^^^^^^

maroonlegions

17884632_1418318071522658_87681862773777

The attack on disabled benefits and those unfit for work through illness is immoral.

Space Mackerel

Oi Spacey. ^^^^^^^

I believe there are plans afoot to repeal the age that state benefit should be payed till after your 67th birthday.

Space Mackerel

What's his issue with Church leadership??

It's not Christian enough according to the Sevco supporter. :-/

If you follow the thread down, the CoS in response just linked the message sent by the Moderator. Even they find him tiresome.

Boris

I don't understand this. There has been one act passed 2017, the budget. In 2016 there were roughly 23 Asps passed. Does this mean they were all passed by April 2016?

Space Mackerel

Can't disagree with Ruth on that. Would rather it was on local issues.

But them boom - indyref2 was announced.

Meanwhile, Frank Ross is telling us he leads Edinburgh's "only party".

No one is talking about local policies.

It's a blight on all of them Spacey and a sign of how bad Scottish politics has gotten.

So SLAB want the SNP to win now? :rofl:

What a mess.

5c0cc1ff6c87cedec9ec4b214e46ce32.png

Arnold Rothstein

I believe there are plans afoot to repeal the age that state benefit should be payed till after your 67th birthday.

That's it? So they've not yet fixed any "shite legislation from down south" then?

Space Mackerel

That's it? So they've not yet fixed any "shite legislation from down south" then?

What laws would you like to see introduced?

Arnold Rothstein

What laws would you like to see introduced?

So you were wrong then aye?

Not sure why that's relevant? I elect representatives to make decisions on laws (in theory).

Space Mackerel

So you were wrong then aye?

Not sure why that's relevant? I elect representatives to make decisions on laws (in theory).

It's your own self to keep up with what goes on in the Scottish Parliament, I'm not going to sit here and spoon feed you for your daft trolling points. Plenty info out there.

Arnold Rothstein

It's your own self to keep up with what goes on in the Scottish Parliament, I'm not going to sit here and spoon feed you for your daft trolling points. Plenty info out there.

You've got nothing mate; other than a real issue with sentence structure and a constant inability to back up the points you make on here.

Space Mackerel

You've got nothing mate; other than a real issue with sentence structure and a constant inability to back up the points you make on here.

More Tory pish

45e9d6e5caf929fe7c9a5dfa608c2c60.jpg

But the Tory hopeful who's been deselected is Scottish and British [emoji23][emoji23]

Give up sonny.

Arnold Rothstein

More Space Fish pish

45e9d6e5caf929fe7c9a5dfa608c2c60.jpg

But the Tory hopeful who's been deselected is Scottish and British [emoji23][emoji23]

Give up sonny.

FTFY

JamboX2

So SLAB want the SNP to win now? :rofl:

What a mess.

5c0cc1ff6c87cedec9ec4b214e46ce32.png

Send a message for them to improve local services by not voting for them to give them a shock to get back to governing.

Boris

Send a message for them to improve local services by not voting for them to give them a shock to get back to governing.

Isn't it councils who provide local services? Sorry, just being a wee bit facetious. :thumb:

Boris

I just wish labour would attack the Tories a bit more. That's their natural language, but they seem incapable of doing so. Do that, then chip away at the SNP.

Seymour M Hersh

I just wish labour would attack the Tories a bit more. That's their natural language, but they seem incapable of doing so. Do that, then chip away at the SNP.

They're hardly fighting the Conservatives for their core vote. SNP on the other hand....Well that's the home of the mid to hard left now and of course where most of your party has defected to in Scotland. Possibly because of fat Eck's promise/lie that he could end Conservative rule in Scotland. How's that working out for your party?

Boris

They're hardly fighting the Conservatives for their core vote. SNP on the other hand....Well that's the home of the mid to hard left now and of course where most of your party has defected to in Scotland. Possibly because of fat Eck's promise/lie that he could end Conservative rule in Scotland. How's that working out for your party?

My party? You flatter me...

Given the Tories are just above labour due to their fixation with a referendum, it's probable that the swing to them to make them so feebly second is down to labour defections. Labour should be reminding these people what they are siding with.

They should be talking policy, not getting derailed by referendum talk. Ignore it, would be my advice.