• Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• jack D and coke

• maroonlegions

• JudyJudyJudy

Missed from the list that includes Nick Robinson?

:facepalm: I know, Arnie. I missed it and was too late to change it.

But hey, I thought I'd try to walk in Tory shoes and cast some lies, without retraction.

In other words, I'm a phannnnny. :D

Might be an idea for SNP/Yes voters to put aside independence (we'll get an indyref through holyrood) and vote for Labour.

The only thing is, they need to win as they're useless as the official opposition.

What do you think?

Edited by aussieh

jack D and coke

Might be an idea for SNP/Yes voters to put aside independence (we'll get an indyref through holyrood) and vote for Labour.

The only thing is, they need to win as they're useless as the official opposition.

What do you think?

I'm considering a labour vote this time.

Geoff the Mince

And that's just one channel.

Then you have Sky, The Telegraph, The Sun, Express, The Times and nor forgetting that bastion of impartiality, the good old Daily Mail to name but a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

While you listen to RT and Infowars .

I'm considering a labour vote this time.

I'm the same, unless the SNP offer an UDI in the manifesto, Labour is the only viable option to blitzing this Tory conquest. You, like me will remember what happens when the Tories have unlimited power. The Scots and Northern English will remember forever. Edited by aussieh

Hunky Dory

What do you think?

There is absolutely no chance of Labour winning.  It'd be a wasted vote.

The best thing to do is vote SNP en masse which leaves Dugdale no option but to stand down thus bringing in a pro/sympathetic-independence supporter.  May will then continue her march towards the reintroduction of fox hunting, abolition of human-rights, continued sanctions on the poor/disabled and then elderly.  It will leave voters in Scotland with two options - independence or a lifetime of nasty Tories.

Edited by Hunky Dory

What do you think?

I'd say It's more in the court of labour voters. Do you vote Tory to give the SNP a pyhric bloody nose? Or do you stick to your guns?

Corbyn's manifesto has quite bluntly offered a programme that benefits the many not the few, a programme I think would be supported at Westminster by the SNP representatives.

If you care about the union, if you care about Britain, voting Tory is not the answer.

There is absolutely no chance of Labour winning. It'd be a wasted vote.

The best thing to do is vote SNP en masse which leaves Dugdale no option but to stand down thus bringing in a pro/sympathetic-independence supporter. May will then continue her march towards the reintroduction of fox hunting, abolition of human-rights, continued sanctions on the poor/disabled and then elderly. It will leave voters in Scotland with two options - independence or a lifetime of nasty Tories.

I know this, the more Toryism, the better for Independence. But hey a Ruthless(Excuse the pun) Tory Majority is a outright abomination for the lives of every soul on this Island. We'll get nothing from them, we'd need to go to extremes. But that won't unite us, either. Scotland needs to come together and go together or we're all Fecked. We matter not a jot to WM, what Scotland has, does and they won't allow it leave. Ever.

Space Mackerel

While you listen to RT and Infowars .

I occasionally watch RT, as I occasionally watch Sky, BBC, read The Scotsman, Herald, National, Twitter now for my sins (I follow all parties) and a whole host of others.

I quite like an alternative view on subjects and subscribe to Lionel and Corbett Report on YouTube. You should try it, get a broad bit of knowledge in yer skull like matter.

Space Mackerel

I'm the same, unless the SNP offer an UDI in the manifesto, Labour is the only viable option to blitzing this Tory conquest. You, like me will remember what happens when the Tories have unlimited power. The Scots and Northern English will remember forever.

My MP is that back stabbing twat Ian Murray. Remember him, he led the coup on Corbyn and now he's singing his praises wanting his job back for another 4-5 years.

What an absolute shyster of a politician.

My MP is that back stabbing twat Ian Murray. Remember him, he led the coup on Corbyn and now he's singing his praises wanting his job back for another 4-5 years.

What an absolute shyster of a politician.

Ian Murray? Tell me why he's not Scottish secretary again. I'm just talking out loud, Mack. I'm sick of fighting.

My wife told me that I have to remember that no voters feel the same about the UK, that I do Scotland. I don't understand that, as the union of the crowns is still on offer. But hey, I'll try.

Do know how long, but I'll try.

Edited by aussieh

coconut doug

An inference, not an answer.

You asked me a question.    Do YOU think it was in bad taste. A simple yes or no will suffice. 

then offered your own answer          So, that would be "no, it was not in bad taste".

You even put your statement in quotation marks. You cant be quoting me as I never said it. Who are you quoting?

Space Mackerel

Ian Murray? Tell me why he's not Scottish secretary again. I'm just talking out loud, Mack. I'm sick of fighting.

My wife told me that I have to remember that no voters feel the same about the UK, that I do Scotland. I don't understand that, as the union of the crowns is still on offer. But hey, I'll try.

I take it you're on the peev aye?

Murray is an absolute *****. Guaranteed if he gets back into Westminster he'll go back to sniping Corbyn from the back benches.

Remember, he's from Wester Hailes and now a full paid up supporter of Blairism and Nu Labour.

Seymour M Hersh

:wtfvlad: The "Beeb" and the Tories are one in the same along with that list of 'publications' that Space Mackerel quoted earlier in the thread.

Please dont tell me you though they were impartial?

gullible
???l?b(?)l/
adjective

1. easily persuaded to believe something; credulous.

Being an avid fan of Sturgeon and the Still No Policies cult I'm happy to see you located the meaning of gullible. However it's you not I who falls into the gullible trap.

Being an avid fan of Sturgeon and the Still No Policies cult I'm happy to see you located the meaning of gullible. However it's you not I who falls into the gullible trap.

You'll soon find out how gullible you are.

Thunderstruck

You asked me a question. Do YOU think it was in bad taste. A simple yes or no will suffice.

then offered your own answer So, that would be "no, it was not in bad taste".

You even put your statement in quotation marks. You cant be quoting me as I never said it. Who are you quoting?

You are aware, I hope, that quotation marks may be used for other than simple reproduction of your words or text.

But enough deflection and whataboutery. - was the use of the picture in bad taste? I don't care what anyone else did later, the question I put to you was about the original use of the picture.

Pans Jambo

Sorry do you mean you are an avid fan of Sturgeon???

I'm not, I just hate the Tory twats & in Scotland theres only 1 party remotely worth backing at present.

Thunderstruck

He probably looked it after he was told that "gullible wasn't in the dictionary".

Pans Jambo

English NHS waiting times the worst in 5 years. I thought the SNP were the ones decimating the NHS?

How can this be? SNP dont run the NHS in England?

Pans Jambo

He probably looked it after he was told that "gullible wasn't in the dictionary".

Who kicked your kennel

Space Mackerel

POPCORN!!!!!

This is gonna be good!!!

I've just poured a wee malt and a beer chaser.

Deeside, Earth to Deeside, over?

Pans Jambo

This is gonna be good!!!

I've just poured a wee malt and a beer chaser.

Deeside, Earth to Deeside, over?

Lucky git. I'm up at the crack. Off to ma pit.

Thunderstruck

Yooooou what? Where's Deeside? Are you there??????

55fbf630c3dab3ad1e711dbdd895ce10.jpg

Didn't you tell us earlier that you read the Herald. Did you miss the back page (the business sector).

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-herald/20170511/281840053586289

Hope your popcorn hasn't gone soggy and be careful with the unpopped kernels - we can't have you cracking a tooth.

Space Mackerel

Didn't you tell us earlier that you read the Herald. Did you miss the back page (the business sector).

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-herald/20170511/281840053586289

Hope your popcorn hasn't gone soggy and be careful with the unpopped kernels - we can't have you cracking a tooth.

Not old Tory voting, Better Together him again. Just before a GE eh?

He always pops up about then.

And you swallow it hook, line, sinker and copy of Angling Times.

coconut doug

You are aware, I hope, that quotation marks may be used for other than simple reproduction of your words or text.

But enough deflection and whataboutery. - was the use of the picture in bad taste? I don't care what anyone else did later, the question I put to you was about the original use of the picture.

What was your reason for including them?

Which picture? Do you mean the quote from Mein Kampf?

Seymour M Hersh

Sorry do you mean you are an avid fan of Sturgeon???

I'm not, I just hate the Tory twats & in Scotland theres only 1 party remotely worth backing at present.

Deary me. Cronic chat on so many levels.

Geoff the Mince

English NHS waiting times the worst in 5 years. I thought the SNP were the ones decimating the NHS?

How can this be? SNP dont run the NHS in England?

Why do the SNP and its cult followers use the failings of England as a benchmark ?

Do you not have concerns they're failing to meet targets ?

Also Policing and Education is a mess

Doesn't matter though as long as England's worse .

Wee man syndrome is alive and kicking .

Hunky Dory

I know this, the more Toryism, the better for Independence. But hey a Ruthless(Excuse the pun) Tory Majority is a outright abomination for the lives of every soul on this Island. We'll get nothing from them, we'd need to go to extremes. But that won't unite us, either. Scotland needs to come together and go together or we're all Fecked. We matter not a jot to WM, what Scotland has, does and they won't allow it leave. Ever.

Agreed.  However, the difference in the polls translates to a massive majority for them, people in numbers will not vote for Corbyn.

If a portion of Scotland votes for Labour rather than SNP to 'keep the Tories out', then it strengthens the union and provides Kezia (who is absolutely useless) impetus to carry on as leader.

Scotland has been told to vote Labour for generations as the only way to 'keep the Tories out.'  Never worked when we voted Labour en masse, they'll always get in on the back of English votes.

Having a horrible Tory government in place with an absolute majority to do as they wish is what will provide independence.

Hunky Dory

Why do the SNP and its cult followers use the failings of England as a benchmark ?

I think following Labour or the Tories is more cultish tbh.

Labour - Aimlessly following the cult for your life, because your dad did, and his before that without questioning why.  The cult takes money from you for union subs and then abandon you for Westminister at the earliest opportunity.  You support the next figure and the cycle restarts.

Tories - You know they do wrong, and their policies are killing people.  But the cult offers security, so you never question your leader.

May stands up in PMQs every week and compares England to Wales (Labour) and Scotland (SNP).  Over here in Belgium, we use comparisons with other sized countries.

It happens, grow up.

Pans Jambo

Exactly the opposite. Whenever a stat comes out about public services in Scotland its always SNP = Bad.

The rUK is shown as some sort of beacon of excellence when in truth its as shite or worse than anywhere else.

Get it?

Thunderstruck

What was your reason for including them?

Which picture? Do you mean the quote from Mein Kampf?

John: 11,35

Hunky Dory

Here's what happens when Rooth The Mooth is put under pressure in an interview, she is slowly being found out...

This could be in a Ladybird series. What happens when a politician used to meeting sycophantic, soft-boiled journalists under-arming questions to her meets someone who hasn?t got the memo? This is ?Ruth Meets a Journalist??

Though not as obvious a car crash interview as Dianne Abbot?s frequent exemplars, for those used to her buoyant blustering, there can be no doubt that Ruth Davidson?s BBC 5 Live interview this week left her rattled ? even to the extent of accusing the BBC (yes, BBC) journalist of doing the work of the SNP.

Emma Barnett?s deceptively laid back and friendly interview technique exposed Davidon?s hypocrisy and left her floundering on countless issues, from Boris and Brexit to the child poverty and the constitution, the rape clause and immigration.

The first sign that this wasn?t going to be your normal fawning over the leader of the ?Tory revival? style BBC interview came when Ruth?s tired opening rant about the SNP?s constitutional obsession was interrupted by with the following: ?I?m happy you brought that up, because I was going to ask, are you obsessed with the question of independence for Scotland?? The interviewer then highlighted a Tory local election leaflet which mentioned Nicola Sturgeon, the SNP, or independence a grand total of 43 times ? whilst containing nothing about local issues such as election, concluding with ?Are you actually obsessed with independence as an issue??

Ruth?s fumbling inability to explain how this did not represent a party obsessed with the constitution left her looking rather, well, obsessed with the constitution, and, given her own opening spiel, guilty of some quite staggering hypocrisy to boot.

So far so bad.

But this was only the beginning.

Clearly unsatisfied with Ruth?s claim not to be obsessed by the constitution, the interviewer asked her what sort of policies the Scottish Conservatives were offering the people of Scotland at the forthcoming General Election. Their priorities were education, the economy, and public services, said Ruth.

Of course, education is an entirely devolved issue and thus unaffected by the outcome of the vote on the 8th June, as are much of Scotland?s public services. On the economy, with apparently no hint of irony, Ruth said that the difference between the UK and the Scottish economy was that one was being hurt by constitutional uncertainty and one wasn?t. And yes, you guessed, she wasn?t taking about Brexit, but the prospect of a second referendum on independence.

The interview then moved on to Tory target seats for June, with the interviewer citing ?Alex Salmond?s constituency? as one of them. At this point, Ruth petulantly interrupted with ?it?s not his constituency, he just happens to be the MP at the moment?, before chucking awkwardly as the interviewer somewhat bemused pointed out how that is the common definition of it being ?his constituency?. A desperate, and failed, intervention if ever there was one.

And things were still just warming up. It was now time for Brexit, which left once ardent Remainder Ruth Davidson scrambling to defend her recent evangelical conversion to born-again-Brexiteer. For it?s one thing to accept a democratic result, and quite another to suddenly discard all of the arguments you once believed in to unquestioningly advocate those of the other side as if they had been your own deeply held beliefs all along.

Ruth Davidson?s now consistent claims that the EU is bad for Scotland would be a lot more credible had she not spent 2016 as cheerleader-in-chief for the Remain campaign. As would her claims that she and Boris share a very good relationship, despite her publicly accusing him of being a huge and serial liar just last year ? one of the most gloriously awkward parts of a generally awkward interview.

Next up was immigration, where Ruth Davidson mounted a passionate case for more immigration to Scotland, whilst failing to explain how Scotland can reasonably be expected to achieve this when the UK Tory Govt is hell-bent on reducing immigration to the tens of thousands.

?But you?re not going to get any more migrants if she (the PM) achieves this goal for the UK as a whole??, the interviewer pointed out, understandably confused by the confusing Tory line. Trying to go for more straightforward question, Emma then asked what sort of numbers the Scottish Tories would want to see come to Scotland, and what percentage of UK migration. Unsurprisingly, however, she did not get a straightforward answer with Ruth Davidson saying that its ?not about numbers? for her, even though it is for her leader. After some back and forth on this, the genuinely beleaguered interviewer, whose head you could almost see in her hands, gave up, saying ?I genuinely don?t get it, how are you going to get more when the overall number is being cut by the Prime Minister??

And all of this was before we even got to the rape clause, which, for anyone who has been following Scottish politics recently, was essentially a painful continuation of the Tory argument that this is the most ?sensitive? way to administer the exemption ? whilst entirely missing the point that there is no sensitive way to force a women to prove that she has been raped in order to claim support for her children.

Moving on to the two child cap itself, the interviewer cited claims that the policy will damage the ?Just About Managing? class that Theresa May is allegedly out to help ? a point made even by The Spectator, hardly a bastion of left-wing politics, in a recent editorial.

Thinking that she could move this back onto safe ground, Ruth proudly cited UK wide figures showing that child poverty had gone down ? only for it to be quickly pointed out that it had increased by 40,000 on last year in Scotland. You see, it only suits the Scottish Tories to cite bad figures in Scotland when they?re devolved issues ? not when they?re clearly the results of damaging Westminster welfare policies rejected by the majority in Scotland.

Ruth Davidson?s fumbling in response clearly failed to convince the interviewer that the results of UK Tory welfare were all the SNP?s fault. ?I don?t understand?, said poor Emma, restating that welfare is not devolved, and there are 40, 000 more children living in poverty than there were last year?

Neither do we, Emma, neither do we.

Realising that she?d pushed a button with this line, though, Emma went in for the gentle kill:

?Is that not uncomfortable for you,that they [scottish Government] have to spend money that is devolved to Scotland on getting people out of a bad place that the Government in Westminster has put them in ? your Government??

?That might be a very nice SNP press release that you?ve read out but that?s not the situation in Scotland? ? responded Ruth, finally beaten.

Of course, it is very much the situation, and despite the Scottish Tories? best efforts to convince people otherwise, the mask is well and truly slipping.

coconut doug

John: 11,35

The thing is, you are the pedant who constantly goes on about other's literacy and numeracy skills. Almost every one of your  posts comes with an insult but when challenged you offer John: 11,35  

Pans Jambo

Here's Ruth's new fishing pals.

Whit are they like [emoji849]

https://wingsoverscotland.com/ruths-fishy-friends/

4f23af11aa0c183f809fe6c3077e1848.jpg

1ce7df4f600fc89f5b9950b09da9dc69.jpg

162b6ac65f0cf92db6f20ee6a3d6394b.jpg

Amongst a few others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ooft. Rangers on Tour, Britain Fist. Nice bloke. Appreciate theres scum in all colours but most dont get their picture taken with the tank commander.

Thunderstruck

The thing is, you are the pedant who constantly goes on about other's literacy and numeracy skills. Almost every one of your posts comes with an insult but when challenged you offer John: 11,35

I thought my previous post might have indicated my exasperation. Clearly, I was mistaken.

These exchanges are just another example of the lengths to which you will go to avoid answering a question or conceding a point.

MacDonald Jardine

Speaking as a Unionist your wife is talking nonsense.

I have a far greater emotional attachment to Scotland than the UK as a whole.

I don't vote entirely on that basis though whereas many Nationalists seem to.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

Agreed. However, the difference in the polls translates to a massive majority for them, people in numbers will not vote for Corbyn.

If a portion of Scotland votes for Labour rather than SNP to 'keep the Tories out', then it strengthens the union and provides Kezia (who is absolutely useless) impetus to carry on as leader.

Scotland has been told to vote Labour for generations as the only way to 'keep the Tories out.' Never worked when we voted Labour en masse, they'll always get in on the back of English votes.

Having a horrible Tory government in place with an absolute majority to do as they wish is what will provide independence.

That just isn't true.

Out of interest how many times do you think England would have had a Labour government without the Scottish vote?

MacDonald Jardine

Exactly the opposite. Whenever a stat comes out about public services in Scotland its always SNP = Bad.

The rUK is shown as some sort of beacon of excellence when in truth its as shite or worse than anywhere else.

Get it?

Is that not the cross all political parties bear when they're in government?

Personally I think the SNP have had a remarkably easy ride given their time in power when compared to their achievements.

Is that not the cross all political parties bear when they're in government?

Personally I think the SNP have had a remarkably easy ride given their time in power when compared to their achievements.

they achieved something ?

MacDonald Jardine

Well no but I don't want to sound too biased.

Speaking as a Unionist your wife is talking nonsense.

I have a far greater emotional attachment to Scotland than the UK as a whole.

I don't vote entirely on that basis though whereas many Nationalists seem to.

No, it was me. I misquoted her. She said Independence and The Union. But hey, keeeeeeeeeep flooooooooooooooooting!

Pans Jambo

Well they didnt drag us through any wars or bomb any bairns from an aircraft carrier which was a refreshing change.

coconut doug

I thought my previous post might have indicated my exasperation. Clearly, I was mistaken.

These exchanges are just another example of the lengths to which you will go to avoid answering a question or conceding a point.

You are making assumptions again. You have no idea whether I detected your frustration or not. If I did recognise your frustration I am under no obligation to respond in any particular way, so I have no idea how you managed to conclude that you are "mistaken". Maybe your attempt at conveying "frustration" and your desire to discuss it now is a deflection from the point being discussed previously.

I don't avoid answering questions. Though in discussions with you I could perhaps be excused for not doing so, since you seem only too willing to answer them on my behalf. Indeed that is what this discussion was about. It seems silly to ask for answers and then provide them yourself. A frequent trait amongst conservatives. You should have watched the recent link posted by SM on how views are formed and changed, It was very enlightening but then you probably knew that.

It's not me that wont answer a question it's you. I was not sure what your question referred to, since it was non specific in nature so i asked you for clarification when I posted this. I even helped you with a suggestion.

"Which picture? Do you mean the quote from Mein Kampf?"

I never got an answer to the other question either.

"What was your reason for including them?"  It's a very strange thing that you wont answer the questions asked of you, but feel compelled to answer the questions you have directed at other people, on their behalf. Even stranger when you pre-empt their answer and then accuse them of not answering.

You never did say why you answered on my behalf and put your words in quotation marks. As far as I am concerned it was a misrepresentation.

Perhaps we should get a function on here where we all answer our own questions on somebody else's behalf. that would save a lot of discussion including long winded, convoluted posts like this one.

I'm pretty sure I know what your response, or lack of it, to this will be.

Thunderstruck

You are making assumptions again. You have no idea whether I detected your frustration or not. If I did recognise your frustration I am under no obligation to respond in any particular way, so I have no idea how you managed to conclude that you are "mistaken". Maybe your attempt at conveying "frustration" and your desire to discuss it now is a deflection from the point being discussed previously.

I don't avoid answering questions. Though in discussions with you I could perhaps be excused for not doing so, since you seem only too willing to answer them on my behalf. Indeed that is what this discussion was about. It seems silly to ask for answers and then provide them yourself. A frequent trait amongst conservatives. You should have watched the recent link posted by SM on how views are formed and changed, It was very enlightening but then you probably knew that.

It's not me that wont answer a question it's you. I was not sure what your question referred to, since it was non specific in nature so i asked you for clarification when I posted this. I even helped you with a suggestion.

"Which picture? Do you mean the quote from Mein Kampf?"

I never got an answer to the other question either.

"What was your reason for including them?" It's a very strange thing that you wont answer the questions asked of you, but feel compelled to answer the questions you have directed at other people, on their behalf. Even stranger when you pre-empt their answer and then accuse them of not answering.

You never did say why you answered on my behalf and put your words in quotation marks. As far as I am concerned it was a misrepresentation.

Perhaps we should get a function on here where we all answer our own questions on somebody else's behalf. that would save a lot of discussion including long winded, convoluted posts like this one.

I'm pretty sure I know what your response, or lack of it, to this will be.

Thank you for taking time out during a Hearts match to post a lengthy response that serves to reinforce the point I was making. And, again, the ORIGINAL question avoided.

Are you a Hearts fan or just some cybernat infesting this Board?