More Tory lies

aussieh

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Scottish people are the ones who live and pay taxes here and who've made Scotland their home. Couldn't care less if you're born here or not. 

Murray needs Tory votes to keep his seat and won't care about it! He's a hypocrite like most.

So in Scotland Tory votes don't count? Wow 

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So in Scotland Tory votes don't count? Wow 

For goodness sake you're missing the point. They're not voting for his policies are they! I'll leave you to work things out. 

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No they're not. That's a fallacy.

I have Polish friends who live here but would never consider calling themselves Scottish, nor voting in any constitutional plebiscite. 

Residency does not confer nationality.

You're missing the point again though. There is no such thing as "the Scottish people". There are individuals who live in Scotland, of different nationalities, all with different ideas, concerns,  priorities and political views.

Nobody can legitimately claim to speak for "Scottish people ". In WM or Holyrood , the elected members are speaking only for their constituents,not the entire country.

So there's no nationalities or people representing their countries, just people and land? When I support Scotland that's who I support or who am I supporting. 

I don't know where you get your thoughts Enzo but you're a little weird at times. Anyway I've just put on a game of rugby played by 2 independent countries with players from those nations. I'm sure they're both proud to be French and New Zealanders.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Those 2 British Nationalists roasters are just that to me. You think differently. I don't trust British Nationalists especially Scots born types! That's my opinion. That OK for you!

I disagree but of course you are fully entitled  to have whatever opinion you want. Is that OK with you?

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

So there's no nationalities or people representing their countries, just people and land? When I support Scotland that's who I support or who am I supporting. 

I don't know where you get your thoughts Enzo but you're a little weird at times. Anyway I've just put on a game of rugby played by 2 independent countries with players from those nations. I'm sure they're both proud to be French and New Zealanders.

Are Scots rugby players not proud to be Scottish?

41 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I've not said that. I don't trust Westminster establishment Scots. Murray and Gove are 2 I dislike immensely. Nothing to do how people living here voted. I've got family and friends who voted No. Some regret it some not.

Apologies. 

I disagree but of course you are fully entitled  to have whatever opinion you want. Is that OK with you?

Fine Mr Sinatra

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Are Scots rugby players not proud to be Scottish?

Of course they are and that was tye point in response to Enzo so you should look at his post. 

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Apologies. 

👍

Francis Albert
33 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

For goodness sake you're missing the point. They're not voting for his policies are they! I'll leave you to work things out. 

So people who vote for Ian Murray are not voting for his policies? Whose policies are they voting for?

Oh wait. Silly me. The English racist establishment.

My mother for the first time in her near 90 year life was pleased to  vote for a successful Labour candidate.

Edited by Francis Albert

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So people who vote for Ian Murray are not voting for his policies? Whose policies are they voting for?

In my opinion a lot of his constituents are voting for him as they know the Tories won't get in. A lot of them are British Nationalists from areas like Morningside so vote tactically. As I said just an opinion.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

In my opinion a lot of his constituents are voting for him as they know the Tories won't get in. A lot of them are British Nationalists from areas like Morningside so vote tactically. As I said just an opinion.

British Nationalists? Areas like Morningside? Do you know anything about his constituency?

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Fine Mr Sinatra

Of course they are and that was tye point in response to Enzo so you should look at his post. 

👍

26 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Fine Mr Sinatra

👍

Sorry I did not understand your response to Enzo. Are Welsh and Scottish rugby players less Welsh or Scottish than New Zealand and French players are New Zealanders or French?

Sorry I did not understand your response to Enzo. Are Welsh and Scottish rugby players less Welsh or Scottish than New Zealand and French players are New Zealanders or French?

Ask Enzo? I support Scotland the country I was born in. Enzo thinks differently and mixes things up as you can see. According to him or my comprehension of his post is that there are nationalities and then there aren't! 

40 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

My mother for the first time in her near 90 year life was pleased to  vote for a successful Labour candidate.

I'm pleased for your Mum. I'm an ex Labour voter.

28 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

British Nationalists? Areas like Morningside? Do you know anything about his constituency?

Edinburgh South is a constituency of the House of Commons of the UK Parliament created in 1885. The constituency has been held by Scottish Labour since 1987, being represented by Ian Murray since 2010.

Member of Parliament: Ian Murray (Labour)

Subdivisions of Scotland: City of Edinburgh

Major settlements: Liberton, Morningside, Colinton, Gilmerton.

I used to live in Liberton.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Boris Johnson's racist, what are you on about?

9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And that goes to the heart of Nationalist thinking; that Scotland and "it's people" all have the same "best interests " at heart, simply because they were born on one side of an imaginary line.

A lot of Edinburgh people may have interests more aligned with Londoners than with Glaswegians, who, in turn may have the same concerns as Mancunians.

"The Scottish people" do not exist as a single entity. Several million individuals each with their own political views, priorities and concerns.

Ian Murray is every bit as concerned about the interests of his constituents, who regularly re-elect him, as any SNP MP is about their's. 

Surely that describes every democracy in the world and a government gets elected that supports the majority view of voters. Except in Scotland who have to endure a Tory government who we didn’t vote  for.

For me, the strongest argument for Independence will always be that we will have the power to choose our own fully autonomous government, be that an SNP, Labour or Tory.

On 19/11/2021 at 18:53, Dazo said:

Happy to spend money they haven’t got ? 😀

I thought the cool kids were up in arms about HS2 anyway ? Surely a good thing more money isn’t getting spent on it. 

Also I love how the pandemic is conveniently forgot about it unless it is about ppe backhanders. Belts should be getting tighten on every aspect of life until we are through this.  I suggest some people learn to accept that, pre pandemic promises really aren’t the stick to hit governments with imo. 

On what account do you see Tories as better with spending than Labour?  In the 9 years before covid the debt to GDP had exploded under the Tories. 

It is an absolute myth that Tories manage debt.  They spend more and the country gets less,  every single time.  

net-debt-political-92-2019.jpg

images (4).png

Screenshot_20211122-184513_Chrome.jpg

8 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Scottish people are the ones who live and pay taxes here and who've made Scotland their home. Couldn't care less if you're born here or not. 

Murray needs Tory votes to keep his seat and won't care about it! He's a hypocrite like most.

And those of us that don't live there aren't?

3 minutes ago, wibble said:

On what account do you see Tories as better with spending than Labour?  In the 9 years before covid the debt to GDP had exploded under the Tories. 

It is an absolute myth that Tories manage debt.  They spend more and the country gets less,  every single time.  

images (4).png

I didn’t say the tories were better than labour at anything so not sure why you quoted me. Incidentally your little graph shows a steep upward trajectory before the conservatives got into power. 

5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's sad that people have painted themselves into a corner of having to defend this utter charlatan.

But, but he's funny, and quotes Latin an stuff, and has messy hair (what's he like, lol).

Even the Tory hierarchy are starting to think about his replacement, not because they're repulsed by the constant lies and barely concealed corruption, but precisely because Johnson is too lazy and ham fisted to conceal the corruption, and that's bad for business.

2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

And those of us that don't live there aren't?

Where did I say that? All people born in Scotland are Scottish and those who choose to live here can be classed as Scottish if they wish. IMO. Away find negatives elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Apparently the Blond Bombscare was all over the shop during a live speech on TV this morning. 

Fluffing his lines, losing his place re his notes. Generally making yet another James Hunt of himself.

The man is an imbecile and I don't think it is too long before the 1922 back bench committee tell him it's time to get Pickfords into Downing Street.

Maybe it's all part of the plan..........has to resign as PM for health reasons as the pressure of leading the country through the pandemic coupled with him having had covid has taken it's toll on his mental & physical health.

I seen less than 2 minutes of said speech this morning before changing the channel, as couldn't be bothered listening to Bojo blabbering on anymore.

13 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Where does she mention brexit ? 

She mentions a "right-wing coup". In my opinion, Brexit was a large part of it - if so, the coup she speaks about started over 5 years ago.  Despite the HoC having a minority of Brexiteers at the time of the referendum, the Remainer majority were so hamstrung by division and fear of being seen to disregard a democratic vote that they failed to support  Theresa May's "soft" Brexit  as a least worst outcome - and it somehow led to a majority of the UK electorate deciding that having a a sleazy, deceitful,  philandering buffoon in charge was a good idea.    Maybe a lot of folk just felt Corbyn would be even worse.

Edited by Lone Striker

15 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Perhaps, if you take umbrage at people commenting on you and making assumptions about your age, you should refrain from making patronising generalisations and smart arse remarks.

Just a bit of advice.👍. You can put the victim card away now.

Victimised by a tory dinosaur? I don't think so. :laugh:

Just highlighting your usual gaslighting Enzo, lest anyone here hasn't clocked your bad faith posting style.

The day I take, or even require, advice from a troglodyte like yourself will be the same day that the current westminster government makes it through 24 hours intact without lying. 👍

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Did he really say that about Peppa Pig?

I suppose what with his predecessor's prediliction for pork and his general gluttonous gorging himself in the trough of corruption, he'd feel right at home. 

41 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Maybe it's all part of the plan..........has to resign as PM for health reasons as the pressure of leading the country through the pandemic coupled with him having had covid has taken it's toll on his mental & physical health.

I seen less than 2 minutes of said speech this morning before changing the channel, as couldn't be bothered listening to Bojo blabbering on anymore.

I never had much time for Corbyn but if that had been him the London media would be in meltdown  over this.

An utter embarrassment of a man. 

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I suppose what with his predecessor's prediliction for pork and his general gluttonous gorging himself in the trough of corruption, he'd feel right at home. 

Well he went on about Kermit when he was speaking at the UN last month so anything is possible with that imebcile. 

12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

She mentions a "right-wing coup". In my opinion, Brexit was a large part of it - if so, the coup she speaks about started over 5 years ago.  Despite the HoC having a minority of Brexiteers at the time of the referendum, the Remainer majority were so hamstrung by division and fear of being seen to disregard a democratic vote that they failed to support  Theresa May's "soft" Brexit  as a least worst outcome - and it somehow led to a majority of the UK electorate deciding that having a a sleazy, deceitful,  philandering buffoon in charge was a good idea.    Maybe a lot of folk just felt Corbyn would be even worse.

Fair enough. 

5 hours ago, wibble said:

images (4).png

We're going down the US route : Tories spending cash they don't have like there's no tomorrow and if Labour ever get back in and raise taxes it'll be "told you so !" while everyone overlooks the VAT  hike (wasn't that supposed to be "temporary " ?) and the increase in NIC and we all pretend that taxes haven't risen. 

Incredible how often Suzy Dent tweets after the Blonde Buffonn has a car crash . Here's today's effort ...

Word of the day is 'hingum-tringum' (19th-century Scots): feeble and barely presentable; just about hanging together.

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

We're going down the US route : Tories spending cash they don't have like there's no tomorrow and if Labour ever get back in and raise taxes it'll be "told you so !" while everyone overlooks the VAT  hike (wasn't that supposed to be "temporary " ?) and the increase in NIC and we all pretend that taxes haven't risen. 

Yes, I agree.  The vast majority of  governments in any country don't get anywhere close to "living within their means", partly through choice and partly through unforeseen events.   The availability of credit and the easy concept of issuing governments bonds to raise capital  (effectively kicking the whole repayment can down the road for a future government to worry about) just makes it too inviting for governments.  Even wars & pandemics somehow find ways of being funded by countries which already have huge debts.

Imagine if we as individuals were allowed to live that way.   Instead of leaving  money & property to our children, we just spent it all and ran up huge debts - and our children then inherited that debt !!

Its a crazy old world. 

5 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Surely that describes every democracy in the world and a government gets elected that supports the majority view of voters. Except in Scotland who have to endure a Tory government who we didn’t vote  for.

For me, the strongest argument for Independence will always be that we will have the power to choose our own fully autonomous government, be that an SNP, Labour or Tory.

Yes, it does apply to other countries but the SNP have created a myth about "the Scottish people" as if they speak with one voice.

I'm not sure anyone has to "endure" a Tory govt in Scotland.  All the big decisions and powers rest with Holyrood, indeed its one of the most powerful devolved legislatures in the world.

Supported of course by the additional Barnett funding and other shared expenditure areas like defence coverage etc, which would be substantially more expensive if it had to be provided alone.

Yes, fair enough, that is a credible enough view regarding your reason for supporting evidence.

I just disagree and feel the benefits of the Union substantially trumps any benefit of having all decisions made in Scotland. 

The Mighty Thor
41 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

will be the same day that the current westminster government makes it through 24 hours intact without lying. 👍

And back in the room......another day, another promise broken.

This time it's the social care bill where the lying party will today vote through amendments to a bill they only brought forward a lfetime ago in September.

In fact Spaffer, the good, honest, reliable chap that he is, promised that "no one will have to sell their house to pay for social care under a conservative government"

:fonzie:

His speech today epitomises the contempt he has for businsees that his pals don't own. 

A disgusting, vile piece of human garbage. 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

All the big decisions and powers rest with Holyrood, indeed its one of the most powerful devolved legislatures in the world.

I’m not sure that’s really the case though, as has been evidenced by the past 18 months. 

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

What an utter abomination of a man. This walking cringe-fest has to go, before he completely wrecks what remains of this hollowed-out country. The Nationalists must be laughing their t**s off. Every day is Christmas for them. :smiliz23:

2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

What an utter abomination of a man. This walking cringe-fest has to go, before he completely wrecks what remains of this hollowed-out country. The Nationalists must be laughing their t**s off. Every day is Christmas for them. :smiliz23:

Compare Bojo this morning to Starmer this afternoon both talking to the same audience, total chalk & cheese.

34 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Compare Bojo this morning to Starmer this afternoon both talking to the same audience, total chalk & cheese.

The clues were there though in an interview Johnson gave with Paxman more than 10 years ago

The Mighty Thor
21 minutes ago, Cade said:

Paul Dacre appointed as Editor in Chief of the Daily Mail's parent company, just 2 days after pulling out of the OFCOM chair process.

:rofl:

Best place for him. 

It's like GBeebies. Keep all the racist ^^^^s in one place where they can be comfortably ignored as they shout into their echo chamber of right wing bollocks. 

15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Best place for him. 

It's like GBeebies. Keep all the racist ^^^^s in one place where they can be comfortably ignored as they shout into their echo chamber of right wing bollocks. 

GBeebies 😂😂😂 That’s brilliant 👍🏻

Talking about GBeebies, Eamonn Holmes is the latest old, fat, stupid white man to join that particular circus.

The same guy that tried to promote 5G conspiracy theories live on air.

Edited by Cade

I’m not sure that’s really the case though, as has been evidenced by the past 18 months. 

It has been an oft-repeated soundbite that Holyrood will become "one of the most powerful devolved parliaments in the world"...

Guess who said it ?