More Tory lies

aussieh

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I have never seen it used on here.

Let's not forget that the poster who wrongly introduced the word into this dialogue, more or less stated that as soon as you see the word "woke" in a post, you are "dealing with a 1870s caveman". He got quite rightly called out , by me, for trying to close down any debate about "woke" culture.  Throw a bit of "gammon" and "gaslighting " in, for good measure and voila. 

It's pathetic.

Well,  it's been highlighted.  It's up to everyone to deal with the balance between their own excesses and the things they don't like in return.

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I have never seen it used on here.

Let's not forget that the poster who wrongly introduced the word into this dialogue, more or less stated that as soon as you see the word "woke" in a post, you are "dealing with a 1870s caveman". He got quite rightly called out , by me, for trying to close down any debate about "woke" culture.  Throw a bit of "gammon" and "gaslighting " in, for good measure and voila. 

It's pathetic.

There's nothing patheric about gaslighting and you do a lot of it. 

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

This is literally the first time I’ve seen the term used on jkb. It’s used pretty frequently on social media platforms, especially twitter I’ve found and I’ve even seen MPs use it.

It's used on the SNP thread that Enzo is banned from and he didn't like it being used there either. For some reason a word he has never heard of seems to trigger him. 

Jeffros Furios
10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Gaslighting on a football forum ? 😂😂😂

**** me some people are getting desperate.

:facepalm:

Aye a few taking themselves a wee bit too serious.

12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's used on the SNP thread that Enzo is banned from and he didn't like it being used there either. For some reason a word he has never heard of seems to trigger him. 

Go on I'll bite, what did he say that got him banned?

19 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Gaslighting on a football forum ? 😂😂😂

**** me some people are getting desperate.

:facepalm:

Utterly pathetic.  Posters should be held accountable for their 

20 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It shouldn't be used anywhere on a football forum, regardless of the kicks people like you get from piling in with baseless,  pathetic accusations.  You should be held accountable. 

For the record, I'm not banned from the SNP thread.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm giving my opinion and will continue to do so.

If you are incapable of dealing with opinions that differ from you own then.....quite frankly, tough! Your fragility is your issue to deal with!

Flinging pathetic accusations about "gaslighting" and referring to  the Mods suggest that you simply can't deal with home truths that vaporise your confirmation biases!

Seems a lot of people agreed with the assessment so I'm clearly not the only poster to spot your tricks. Curious.  

But there is a tendency on here to pore over every word, analyse why a poster said this or that,  what they were thinking, what they intended.

It shouldn't be used anywhere on a football forum, regardless of the kicks people like you get from piling in with baseless,  pathetic accusations.

Coming from the king of ad-hominems that's quite rich indeed! Just view what Enzo here wrote in response to me and then re-read those two quotes above and try to keep a straight face. He literally accuses others of exactly what he indulges in!  

champoy-el-risitas.gif

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Seems a lot of people agreed with the assessment so I'm clearly not the only poster to spot your tricks. Curious.  

Coming from the king of ad-hominems that's quite rich indeed! Just view what Enzo here wrote in response to me and then re-read those two quotes above and try to keep a straight face. He literally accuses others of exactly what he indulges in!  

champoy-el-risitas.gif

And I quote, "gammon", "1870s caveman" and "gaslighting ".

Several posters have called out the idea that "gaslighting " exists on a football forum. So, that's been dealt with.

Your posting style and propensity to insult rather than debate, certainly warrants a bit of self-reflection from you.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And I quote, "gammon", "1870s caveman" and "gaslighting ".

Several posters have called out the idea that "gaslighting " exists on a football forum. So, that's been dealt with.

Your posting style and propensity to insult rather than debate, certainly warrants a bit of self-reflection from you.

You're not getting two things,  I think.

1.  Gaslighting exists anywhere people interact.  Nothing to do with a forum being a football forum.  This is the non-football section.

2.  You possibly need to consider your own posting traits to be taken seriously when complaining about others.  You do a lot of complaining about others tbf.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You're not getting two things,  I think.

1.  Gaslighting exists anywhere people interact.  Nothing to do with a forum being a football forum.  This is the non-football section.

2.  You possibly need to consider your own posting traits to be taken seriously when complaining about others.  You do a lot of complaining about others tbf.

Again, I'll repeat; I treat others the way they treat me.

Respectful posters are treated respectfully while the other mob get it back in spades!

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Respectful posters are treated respectfully while the other mob get it back in spades!

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I and,  I suspect others,  see something else entirely.  I shall not attempt to convince you.

Francis Albert

Must admit I didn't know what gaslighting meant until I googled it. Although the term's origins lie in a 1940s film called Gaslight about a man who killed his wife by driving her mad by playing tricks on her mind the term gaslighting only came into common usage about  3 years ago through social media. For people like me who are not active on social media it is quite possible to have been be ignorant of the term.

Getting back to the Tories and their vile behaviour.  Still ****ing raging about Dorries at that select committee appearance.

You lied about the extent of your twitter exchange and said all these inappropriate things.

I'm entitled to,  due to being a woman talking to a man.

Edited by Victorian

3 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Go on I'll bite, what did he say that got him banned?

I'll let his own words make the case for the defence. 

He's the most disingenuous  poster on here who was called out by another poster to defend "his brexit".  His answer is actually quite bretathtaking and is the epitome of gaslighting : he spends his time argiung for  a political perspective he does not believe in. 

In his own words. 

I don't propose to go  through all the posts in question but he complained about my use of memes to the mods while I complained about his blatant spamming of the SNP thread. The upshot is we're both banned which is why he tries to introduce his SNP issues on this thread. 

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You're a disgrace. You've spammed an entire thread arguing for a poltical view you voted against. 

9 hours ago, Gizmo said:

The type of people who follow James all over this board to harass, abuse and generally pile on whenever possible, those people you are in agreement with ? 😂

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

"One of the greatest communicators in the World".

The World.

The actual World.

Sigh.

The depths to which this mob will whore their morals and scruples to defend the indefensible know no bounds. 

Leadsom is another politician in a position far beyond her abilities.  

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

The World.

The actual World.

Sigh.

Leadsom and her family such fans of Peppa Pig that they think she’s a male pig :facepalm:

The point is lost on people like Leadsom.  While it's perfectly valid to cite a UK innovation like the creation of the Peppa Pig business,  the point is that the CBI,  business leaders and everyone else would prefer it to be articulated by a coherent,  sober,  organised,  purposeful person.  Not a busted flush jokester operating on his arse.

3 hours ago, Costanza said:

The World.

The actual World.

Sigh.

My guess would be when she said world, she meant Peppa Pig World.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

The point is lost on people like Leadsom.  While it's perfectly valid to cite a UK innovation like the creation of the Peppa Pig business,  the point is that the CBI,  business leaders and everyone else would prefer it to be articulated by a coherent,  sober,  organised,  purposeful person.  Not a busted flush jokester operating on his arse.

I'll have to concede i was wrong about the public's infatuation with Boris. After reading that Vine Spectator article on him it's quite obvious Boris's flaws are deemed loveable maybe because we see them in ourselves. The business leaders no doubt enjoy having an on the surface bluffer buffoon in charge as he'll be easier to control. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

I'll have to concede i was wrong about the public's infatuation with Boris. After reading that Vine Spectator article on him it's quite obvious Boris's flaws are deemed loveable maybe because we see them in ourselves. The business leaders no doubt enjoy having an on the surface bluffer buffoon in charge as he'll be easier to control. 

Nah.  Any serious business leaders will want people in charge who can provide sound economic conditions for their enterprises to operate in.  A prime minister and CotE working together with cabinet with cool,  coherent thinking to form good policies that help business and economic prosperity.  Serious and purposeful government.  I guarantee any businessperson worth their salt will be concerned that their prospects are in the hands of an increasingly sad looking imposter.

11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Must admit I didn't know what gaslighting meant until I googled it. Although the term's origins lie in a 1940s film called Gaslight about a man who killed his wife by driving her mad by playing tricks on her mind the term gaslighting only came into common usage about  3 years ago through social media. For people like me who are not active on social media it is quite possible to have been be ignorant of the term.

Yes the film " Gaslight" is a great film about a woman who is gaslighted by her husband as he is convinced that there is hidden money in her house ( he marries her to try and find it). He tries to drive her mad so he can get her carted off to the looney bin. Hence the term gaslighting. It was also set in the Victorian era when gaslights were common. He turns them on and off to try to drive her mad. The wonderful honey voiced Charles Boyer was the cad and the luminous Ingrid Bergman was the victim.  

OIP (1).jpg

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Nah.  Any serious business leaders will want people in charge who can provide sound economic conditions for their enterprises to operate in.  A prime minister and CotE working together with cabinet with cool,  coherent thinking to form good policies that help business and economic prosperity.  Serious and purposeful government.  I guarantee any businessperson worth their salt will be concerned that their prospects are in the hands of an increasingly sad looking imposter.

Big business is pulling the levers of government that in my opinion having a corruptible leader in charge just makes things easier. In my experience business leaders don't give a toss about the greater good but a rather narrow minded view about the company's performance and the entitlements they can earn from it. 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Big business is pulling the levers of government that in my opinion having a corruptible leader in charge just makes things easier. In my experience business leaders don't give a toss about the greater good but a rather narrow minded view about the company's performance and the entitlements they can earn from it. 

They do but it still requires good economic conditions to optimise the individual business interest.  Economic growth,  prosperity in the real economy and the conditions to deliver higher productivity.

3 hours ago, Dazo said:

The type of people who follow James all over this board to harass, abuse and generally pile on whenever possible, those people you are in agreement with ? 😂

Tell me about it. I can almost guarantee who will reply to my postings. However the " ignore users "bucket is now in use now and has been for some time and it feels so much better emptying those users into it.  I don't mind some users having a go at mine as long as its in relatively good humour or is shadey.   Or  those who   post intelligent , respectful and persuasive comments  about topics which makes me review my thinking.  I can think of one or two  people  in particular who do that.  After all it is a football forum and I do love the banter at times.  However some posters over step this with their personal and threatening comments at times. So they have ended up in the sin bin,  I'm sure I'm in others sin bins too. 

1 hour ago, Beni said:

My guess would be when she said world, she meant Peppa Pig World.

😄

The whole Peppa Pig thing is bizarre, as Alex Kintner mentions she said she liked Peppa Pig but got the gender wrong and then tantalisingly offered a Daddy Pig impression but then bailed out of it.

To think she could have been PM as well if not for her crass comments on Theresa May not having children.

As an aside, my daughter is starting to get into Peppa Pig and I already hate it compared to other stuff she watches, so this additional prominence it is getting is annoying as well.

WorldChampions1902
5 hours ago, Costanza said:

The World.

The actual World.

Sigh.

Consistent with his much publicised ambition to be, “King of the World”.

Unfortunately, it’s all unravelling rather spectacularly and I suspect the Tory grandees are beavering away at a new internal 3-word slogan along the lines of, “Get Boris Gone”.

11 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You're a disgrace. You've spammed an entire thread arguing for a poltical view you voted against. 

No, YOU are an absolute disgrace with your pathetic, self-entitled histrionics. Never used the function before but onto ignore you go.

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

You'd think, however he is still very much a draw for many and will continue to be so long after his defenestration, he'll make fortunes on the after dinner circuit. While he is extremely toxic to Scotland (and a fair few expats 🙂) he continues to play well in this parish.

WorldChampions1902

No, YOU are an absolute disgrace with your pathetic, self-entitled histrionics. Never used the function before but onto ignore you go.

13 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'll let his own words make the case for the defence. 

He's the most disingenuous  poster on here who was called out by another poster to defend "his brexit".  His answer is actually quite bretathtaking and is the epitome of gaslighting : he spends his time argiung for  a political perspective he does not believe in. 

In his own words. 

I don't propose to go  through all the posts in question but he complained about my use of memes to the mods while I complained about his blatant spamming of the SNP thread. The upshot is we're both banned which is why he tries to introduce his SNP issues on this thread. 

So, did @NANOJAMBO accurately reflect your own words in red above? A simple Yes or No will suffice.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

25 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yeah, like Boris could go six turns in a conversation without uttering some pish and waffle about Peppa Pig or throwing in some obscure reference in a loosely grasped foreign language.

😂👍🏻

2 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

So, did @NANOJAMBO accurately reflect your own words in red above? A simple Yes or No will suffice.

Wtf are you talking about. The words in red, I presume are Nano's. Certainly nothing even remotely like anything I have ever said.  I don't use memes and I have never, ever made contact with the Mods, while on this Board.

I guess NO is the answer to your question.

But I am getting severely pissed off with the nit-picking, self-indulgent,  group think pile ons on this thread.

I post what I think. If you don't like it, or agree with it, tough.

The incessant, forensic examination of posts, questioning motives, why, how, where, is utterly pathetic, self-entitled nonsense. 

I will continue to post my views and challenge other opinions I disagree with. I won't however be engaging in any debates that attempt to seek or invent hidden motives or methods.

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wtf are you talking about. The words in red, I presume are Nano's. Certainly nothing even remotely like anything I have ever said.  I don't use memes and I have never, ever made contact with the Mods, while on this Board.

But I am getting severely pissed off with the nit-picking, self-indulgent,  group think pile ons on this thread.

The incessant, forensic examination of posts, questioning motives, why, how, where, is utterly pathetic, self-entitled nonsense. 

I will continue to post my views and challenge other opinions I disagree with. I won't however be engaging in any debates that attempt to seek or invent hidden motives or methods.

picard-giddy.gif.d0304ab9068362dbd31327885bb2285b.gif

22 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

AL7rP78.gif

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Yeah, like Boris could go six turns in a conversation without uttering some pish and waffle about Peppa Pig or throwing in some obscure reference in a loosely grasped foreign language.

Sometimes. I think that English isn't his 1st language.

The moron that he is.

WorldChampions1902

:notsure: