Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's sickening how these rats bumped their gums anout their deep concerns about the changes to the social care bill,  but voted it through anyway by backing it or abstaining.  A couple justified abstaining by going on about wanting to see more detail before backing it.   

It is sickening. The majority they’ve got and the next general election not being till 2024 means they know they can create havoc for a couple of years. The news outlets apart from Kay Burley at Sky barely challenged them on it. The BBC seems to have become the propaganda wing of the conservatives. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I was going to post that. 
Just me that thinks Johnson knows exactly what he’s doing?

Read the link Felix posted 👍

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I was going to post that. 
Just me that thinks Johnson knows exactly what he’s doing?

No, everyone is talking about the fat racist. Not a word has been said about how starmer performed. Great diversionary tactic by the gammon.

2 hours ago, felix said:

Boris has been bumbling through speeches for years.

He knows exactly what he's doing - as this superb story from Jeremy Vine shows.

Maybe now, after the latest fiasco,  his party are beginning to realise,  the Emperor has no clothes.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/my-boris-johnson-story

It's behind a paywall but found it elsewhere. Many thanks for posting it was well worth the effort of finding it.

Utterly terrifying!

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Read the link Felix posted 👍

That was the link I was talking bud. I’d read that before👍🏼
Soon as I watched Johnson bumbling yesterday I was reminded of it. 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

No, everyone is talking about the fat racist. Not a word has been said about how starmer performed. Great diversionary tactic by the gammon.

Could also be true I guess. 

11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why are the SNP and their convenient, funding dependent "arms length" quangos advocating the age of criminal responsibility being increased??. Apparently "their brains are not fully developed until age 25". 

But they can vote SNP at 16.🤣🤣🤣

So because they want to raise the age of criminal responsibility to 12 that means 16 year olds can't vote???? No wonder you are a tory with logic like that. Nice to see even you can't support your clown in charge so desperately spout shite on here about the SG

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

It's behind a paywall but found it elsewhere. Many thanks for posting it was well worth the effort of finding it.

Utterly terrifying!

Didn't appreciate the paywall but glad you found it. 👍

Astonishing to think Boris is the figurehead of UK govt.

Utterly astonishing.

3 minutes ago, felix said:

Didn't appreciate the paywall but glad you found it. 👍

Astonishing to think Boris is the figurehead of UK govt.

Utterly astonishing.

I think it was in many ways a reaction to the chaos caused by May being unable to get her reasonable compromise deal over the line, Brexiteers and many democratically minded remainers just wanted Brexit delivered so that the country could move on. Vast swathes of the electorate were/are fed up with politicians and he comes across as not being a politician, someone that could bludgeon a deal through - the rub was of course is that he cared not one jot for the detail and was unable to tell right from wrong. Given he hasn't got the price of a roll of paper to his name I think he'll be off on the speech circuit again and someone else can then step in to pick up the pieces. Let's just pray it's an adult this time.

7 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Given he hasn't got the price of a roll of paper to his name I think he'll be off on the speech circuit again

Comedy circuit? 

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What's the age set by your beloved westminster? 

Ten I believe. It all seems a bit arbitrary to me. Children mature at very different rates. Some of course never do.

The idea of "loving" Westminster or Holyrood is aodd.

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Ten I believe. It all seems a bit arbitrary to me. Children mature at very different rates. Some of course never do.

The idea of "loving" Westminster or Holyrood is aodd.

So you use the SG making the age 12 to have yet another tiresome dig at them by insinuating it should be higher, while WM is 10???? (no idea if that's the correct age). Struggling to understand what your point is, especially on a thread called More Tory Lies. 

On 22/11/2021 at 18:51, Dazo said:

I didn’t say the tories were better than labour at anything so not sure why you quoted me. Incidentally your little graph shows a steep upward trajectory before the conservatives got into power. 

You said you wouldn't vote Labour because "
Happy to spend money they haven’t got ? 😀"

my facts as presented show that the Tories spend more than Labour when in power.  The spike was the GFC. Since the Tories have been in power for such a long time  and have been cutting services across the board,  that spending would have decreased - but no. Services have been decimated and spending has increased.  

in summary,  your reasoning for not voting Labour is utterly wrong.  Unless,  of course,  you are a lickspittle.  

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

So you use the SG making the age 12 to have yet another tiresome dig at them by insinuating it should be higher, while WM is 10???? (no idea if that's the correct age). Struggling to understand what your point is, especially on a thread called More Tory Lies. 

You are over analysing. My point as the post you quoted last makes clear was about the arbitrary nature of any age cut off. Not about Westminster vs Holyrood. Not everyone sees everything through that prism. 

2 hours ago, wibble said:

You said you wouldn't vote Labour because "
Happy to spend money they haven’t got ? 😀"

my facts as presented show that the Tories spend more than Labour when in power.  The spike was the GFC. Since the Tories have been in power for such a long time  and have been cutting services across the board,  that spending would have decreased - but no. Services have been decimated and spending has increased.  

in summary,  your reasoning for not voting Labour is utterly wrong.  Unless,  of course,  you are a lickspittle.  

Your facts seem to stem from making something up that I said. Where did I say what you have just posted ? 

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Comedy circuit? 

If only, he isn't even funny but then clowns were never my thing. Guess he could do to the comedy circuit what 'Miranda' did to TV.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:cornette:

To be fair it does come across as gaslighting Enzo, whether intentionally or not.

Edited by Alex Kintner

The Mighty Thor

A no.10 spokesman has came out and insisted the Spaffer is 100% fit and well.

Good.

It's just lack of ability and incompetence then. 

9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Your continual use of the weasly word "gaslighting " suggests a linguistic comfort-blanket, which prevents you from addressing your own failings.

A lexical reset and a dose of critical thinking is what's required. 

Just an observation ..

It suggests nothing of the sort. Using gaslighting is weasly, highlighting it isn't. Whilst the mods/forum rules may afford you room to continually put words into other posters mouths, other posters are increasingly aware of your tricks. 

PS You are not in any way, shape or form an critical thinker.  If close was defined by a planck length, you are \(4.65 \times 10^{185}\) away. :laugh: 

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

A perfectly encapsulated example of gaslighting

Exactly. Glad folk can see it. 👍 

6 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Utterly terrifying!

12ft Ladder <Paywalls no more 

WorldChampions1902
19 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Nadine Dorries back in front of the DCMS select committee and again making a right tit of herself. Again.

The same Nadine Dorries that complained about the following? She is a complete dimwit but par for the course as far as the Cabinet is concerned. 

BA5F14C6-73DB-4302-94E6-EFE251F9EB90.jpeg

Even by the standard of the current dim-wits in Cabinet, Slow Doris really stands out as a special case.

She's getting torn to pieces in this committee.

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

It suggests nothing of the sort. Using gaslighting is weasly, highlighting it isn't. Whilst the mods/forum rules may afford you room to continually put words into other posters mouths, other posters are increasingly aware of your tricks. 

PS You are not in any way, shape or form an critical thinker.  If close was defined by a planck length, you are \(4.65 \times 10^{185}\) away. :laugh: 

Thanks Gizmo, will try it at home later. 

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

I'm giving my opinion and will continue to do so.

If you are incapable of dealing with opinions that differ from you own then.....quite frankly, tough! Your fragility is your issue to deal with!

Flinging pathetic accusations about "gaslighting" and referring to  the Mods suggest that you simply can't deal with home truths that vaporise your confirmation biases!

3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

To be fair it does come across as gaslighting Enzo, whether intentionally or not.

"Gaslighting" is a term only used on here Alex. I have never heard anyone use it in real life.

In the real world, people are big enough and intelligent enough to debate, defend and listen.

Blaming others rather than addressing and defending your own opinions, is unfortunately,  becoming a regular occurrence on here.

WorldChampions1902
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

"Gaslighting" is a term only used on here Alex. 

Quite simply not true!

Suggest you do some research. Your assertion betrays a complete ignorance of how widespread this disgusting behaviour is.

The Mighty Thor

As per my earlier post......this is quite something.

Remember this is the secretary of state who will be bringing an online behaviours regulation bill to Parliament. 

29 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Quite simply not true!

Suggest you do some research. Your assertion betrays a complete ignorance of how widespread this disgusting behaviour is.

Behave yourself!

A great bit of, ahem, lighting yourself.  Isn't it ironic? ..as Alanis Morissette may say.😀

I stated, that "I had never heard anyone use that term in real life" and you claim "Quite simply not true"

Au contraire....it IS true. I have never heard anyone use that term in real life. Perhaps you should refrain from telling me what to think!

See how ridiculous this Board is?🤣🤣

48 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

"Gaslighting" is a term only used on here Alex. I have never heard anyone use it in real life.

In the real world, people are big enough and intelligent enough to debate, defend and listen.

Blaming others rather than addressing and defending your own opinions, is unfortunately,  becoming a regular occurrence on here.

This is literally the first time I’ve seen the term used on jkb. It’s used pretty frequently on social media platforms, especially twitter I’ve found and I’ve even seen MPs use it.

6 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

This is literally the first time I’ve seen the term used on jkb. It’s used pretty frequently on social media platforms, especially twitter I’ve found and I’ve even seen MPs use it.

It seems to be used frequently on here, to be fair. I don't use Twitter but tbh, I wouldn't include that, or MPs, as being part of the "real world"😃

WorldChampions1902
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Behave yourself!

A great bit of, ahem, lighting yourself.  Isn't it ironic? ..as Alanis Morissette may say.😀

I stated, that "I had never heard anyone use that term in real life" and you claim "Quite simply not true"

Au contraire....it IS true. I have never heard anyone use that term in real life. Perhaps you should refrain from telling me what to think!

See how ridiculous this Board is?🤣🤣

Once again, I will repeat what you posted word for word. Quote "Gaslighting" is a term only used on here Alex.

Once again, I will repeat my response to your words in bold above, “Quite simply not true!”.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It seems to be used frequently on here, to be fair. I don't use Twitter but tbh, I wouldn't include that, or MPs, as being part of the "real world"😃

It’s used in the ‘real world’ by domestic abusers as part of their coercive control and emotional abuse unfortunately.

1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Once again, I will repeat what you posted word for word. Quote "Gaslighting" is a term only used on here Alex.

Once again, I will repeat my response to your words in bold above, “Quite simply not true!”.

To me it is. The ONLY place I have heard it used is on here.

So, again,  stop telling me what to think.

Posting "Quite simply not true " without reference is "Quite simply" unacceptable. 

WorldChampions1902
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

To me it is. The ONLY place I have heard it used is on here.

So, again,  stop telling me what to think.

Posting "Quite simply not true " without reference is "Quite simply" unacceptable. 

Once again, I will repeat what you posted word for word. Quote "Gaslighting" is a term only used on here Alex.

Once again, I will repeat my response to your words in bold above, “Quite simply not true!”.

3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s used in the ‘real world’ by domestic abusers as part of their coercive control and emotional abuse unfortunately.

Aaah, and no doubt hijacked by "progressives" and used in the wrong way on a football board like this.

Just now, WorldChampions1902 said:

Once again, I will repeat what you posted word for word. Quote "Gaslighting" is a term only used on here Alex.

Once again, I will repeat my response to your words in bold above, “Quite simply not true!”.

Once again, and for the last time, I HAVE NEVER HEARD the term used in real life. That is quite simply true.

Just to remind you, this is a football board, not Twitter.

WorldChampions1902
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Once again, and for the last time, I HAVE NEVER HEARD the term used in real life. That is quite simply true.

Just to remind you, this is a football board, not Twitter.

Just now, WorldChampions1902 said:

I post, from my experience and standpoint, which is a reasonable expectation. With that in mind,  gaslighting is a term only used on here. Goodbye 

👋 

I'd kind of agree with Enzo that he's not gaslighting.

Gaslighting means using lies to manipulate, whereas Enzo just posts easily disproven BS and doubles down when challenged.

This latest claim about gaslighting only being used on here, then immediate denial that he said it is the perfect example.

Nobody is being manipulated, there's no psychological master plan.

I don't even think it would qualify as trolling because that would mean someone would have to take it seriously.

Gaslighting is a horrendous character trait.  It's an indicator towards deeper seated attitudes.  None of which have any place in a responsible adult's behaviour.  I hope people continue to call out any instances.

Gaslighters often don't recognise their own use of it.  They might not even be aware of it as a thing.  To them it's just a part of their way of getting their way.

59 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

As per my earlier post......this is quite something.

Remember this is the secretary of state who will be bringing an online behaviours regulation bill to Parliament. 

This is hideous behaviour by a hideous person.

2 minutes ago, Beni said:

I'd kind of agree with Enzo that he's not gaslighting.

Gaslighting means using lies to manipulate, whereas Enzo just posts easily disproven BS and doubles down when challenged.

This latest claim about gaslighting only being used on here, then immediate denial that he said it is the perfect example.

Nobody is being manipulated, there's no psychological master plan.

I don't even think it would qualify as trolling because that would mean someone would have to take it seriously.

Correct Beni. To be fair, I'm not denying I made that comment. Of course I did. But there is a tendency on here to pore over every word, analyse why a poster said this or that,  what they were thinking, what they intended. Instead of accepting posts as they are and agreeing or disagreeing.

It's entirely reasonable to expect that every poster is expressing their own opinion, based on their own experiences.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Gaslighting is a horrendous character trait.  It's an indicator towards deeper seated attitudes.  None of which have any place in a responsible adult's behaviour.  I hope people continue to call out any instances.

Gaslighters often don't recognise their own use of it.  They might not even be aware of it as a thing.  To them it's just a part of their way of getting their way.

Again, this is a football forum. Not a conference on domestic abuse or a debate on Twatter.

The term has no place on a forum like this.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Again, this is a football forum. Not a conference on domestic abuse or a debate on Twatter.

The term has no place on a forum like this.

It's absolutely by no way limited to domestic abuse and people have every right to use the term here.  The best plan for everyone is to have,  use and see no gaslighting.  Then it wont be mentioned on here.

Just now, Victorian said:

It's absolutely by no way limited to domestic abuse and people have every right to use the term here.  The best plan for everyone is to have,  use and see no gaslighting.  Then it wont be mentioned on here.

I have never seen it used on here.

Let's not forget that the poster who wrongly introduced the word into this dialogue, more or less stated that as soon as you see the word "woke" in a post, you are "dealing with a 1870s caveman". He got quite rightly called out , by me, for trying to close down any debate about "woke" culture.  Throw a bit of "gammon" and "gaslighting " in, for good measure and voila. 

It's pathetic.