Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

therefsajambo

Reminds me of when Dodgy David Cameron sat on a desk on front of business people in Aberdeen I think going on about the Brexit vote not being about "bashing the fecking Tories "or something similar. As if that's how business people up here talk to each other at meetings. 

Absolute muppets 

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's open season.

When Kuenssberg is laying the boot in then you know Spaffer is in the shit.

Dead man walking

It would be better if Johnson stays.
He’s like the manager of your football rivals and doing a pish job.

17 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The Eton Mess could not get away quick enough there he looked like he new he had made a pigs ear of there speech 

46 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

If, by that statement you are acknowledging the well-documented obstructive conduct of the East India Company (English-owned) and the downright hostility towards the Darien Scheme by the English government, then yes, I would agree with you.

100% correct.

Francis Albert
53 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Absolutely. Biggest supporters of Independence were the older and wiser 35-44 year olds. 👍🏻

Maybe they will mature like the 45 plus. 

And of course the population is aging

The rank and file are torn.  On one hand they're concerned about the damage he's doing to their electoral prospects.  On the other they realise he's still very valuable when in an election campaign.  People just don't care he's a corrupt,  dishonest,  slovenly imbecile.

If it carries on then the scales will tip towards him being binned.  They wont want months or years more damage being stored up and either him quitting pre-election or a really good Labour leader changing the dynamic.

Other than that,  he's got issues of some sort.  Or simply doesn't give a shit and isn't aware people are watching.

20 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It would be better if Johnson stays.
He’s like the manager of your football rivals and doing a pish job.

Exactly. 

He's like a fat, lying, narcissistic Pat Fenlon. 

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe they will mature like the 45 plus. 

Don’t have to be any older than 16 to be mature enough to see the shitshow down at Westminster and want nothing to do with it. 

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And of course the population is aging

Not as quickly as people are turning 16 and being able to vote.

:pleasing:

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The rank and file are torn.  On one hand they're concerned about the damage he's doing to their electoral prospects.  On the other they realise he's still very valuable when in an election campaign.  People just don't care he's a corrupt,  dishonest,  slovenly imbecile.

If it carries on then the scales will tip towards him being binned.  They wont want months or years more damage being stored up and either him quitting pre-election or a really good Labour leader changing the dynamic.

Other than that,  he's got issues of some sort.  Or simply doesn't give a shit and isn't aware people are watching.

I think the recent turnaround in the polling was the watershed. He’s been inept and embarrassing for ages but only now is the public view reflective of it.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

think he has probably served his course; he got Brexit done, the cost was awful and as a result someone really needs to take the blame.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

On one hand they're concerned about the damage he's doing to their electoral prospects.  On the other they realise he's still very valuable when in an election campaign.  People just don't care he's a corrupt,  dishonest,  slovenly imbecile.

I disagree with this. The alternative was Corbyn. Labour needs to go centre left if it stands any chance of winning an election. 

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

I think the recent turnaround in the polling was the watershed. He’s been inept and embarrassing for ages but only now is the public view reflective of it.

The MPs will be more than aware of the polls.  It's the most animated most of them have been in years.  Now that his shitshow is affecting their 2nd incomes and electoral security.

If they work on the assumption he wont lead the next election campaign then he wont last long.  Gone before you can blink.  Lots of them may now be wary of the ling time it is until the next election.

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I disagree with this. The alternative was Corbyn. Labour needs to go centre left if it stands any chance of winning an election. 

No he was still viewed as an election campaign asset.  For some reason he's still got a teflon factor.  People still like him. 

54 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’ll be Sunak unless BJ sinks him on his way out. No secret they detest each other.

I'm not sure BoJo is clever enough to sink anyone, unless he has some juicy dirt on them. Which would be very ironic, given BoJo's record with the ladies.

BoJo's main attribute seems to be his persona - unkempt blond hair, toff accent, and strange Etonian mannerisms. 

Most of us can probably think of a  work colleague who had a meteoric rise to senior management despite  being sh1t at the job he/she started in beside you.  They have a knack of pushing themselves forward whenever senior vacancies crop up, and eventually get hand-picked for some reason to be the leader.  Not interested in detail, just "strategy" and mingling with other leaders.

Somehow, these types are often skilled  survivors. They keep on the move, jumping from one leadership job to another before they get "found out" -  largely  due to their growing CV of leadership "success".   

That's BoJo in a nutshell, imo.   However unlike a business in which the CEO  would have senior managers with lots of knowledge to call on, the Cabinet seems to have lots of  BoJo's too - people with no or little knowledge of the subject they're responsible for.   

Sunak's a former finance man at Goldman Sachs, then several fund & investment companies.  You could argue he's suitably qualified to be at the Treasury.   If the party get rid of BoJo, they need to find someone with integrity who can convince the electorate that his word can be trusted.   Bit of a big ask for any politician !!

WorldChampions1902
6 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

From earlier this year:

D05B0387-142F-4B9F-B46E-307F2796CDF0.thumb.jpeg.d45dee8b88cba1e42f762fcd754d94e5.jpeg
5AE8FC76-E0F7-4C1F-9D0B-845CE7CAD874.jpeg.a0ec5b52e9668573c64f9981a7c8a7af.jpeg

tenor.gif

If Clownshoes had been allowed to push ahead with his, “Let the bodies pile high policy”, it would have accelerated the inevitable IMHO. How ironic!

57 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

He’s a goner. Might as well enjoy the internal Tory meltdown and all-out warfare amongst their own.

Boris strikes me

as the type not to go quietly and he’ll likely bring the whole corrupt house of cards down with him.

I'm not so sure he'll put up much of a fight.

His money problems are well known, he's got a current and ex wife to support, along with an undetermined number of kids.

I think he'd quite fancy the idea of having an easy life and making big money on the lecture circuit and from writing his memoirs.

His lifelong ambition was all about becoming Prime Minister rather than about what he'd actually do when he got there. I don't think he'd ever expressed an interest in leveling up until he got into government and realised that after getting Brexit done he had to pretend he cared about something else. 

What started out as a jolly wheeze is probably starting to drag, and if the cabinet hand him the proverbial glass of whisky and a revolver I think he'll be quite amenable.

1 minute ago, Beni said:

His money problems are well known, he's got a current and ex wife to support, along with an undetermined number of kids.

I think he'd quite fancy the idea of having an easy life and making big money on the lecture circuit and from writing his memoirs.

His lifelong ambition was all about becoming Prime Minister rather than about what he'd actually do when he got there. I don't think he'd ever expressed an interest in leveling up until he got into government and realised that after getting Brexit done he had to pretend he cared about something else. 

What started out as a jolly wheeze is probably starting to drag, and if the cabinet hand him the proverbial glass of whisky and a revolver I think he'll be quite amenable.

bang on the money, simply can't afford to be where he is now.

20 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Don’t have to be any older than 16 to be mature enough to see the shitshow down at Westminster and want nothing to do with it. 

Not as quickly as people are turning 16 and being able to vote.

:pleasing:

Why do you think the  Tories have committed to not lowering the voting age ? 😉

2 minutes ago, Beni said:

You could be right, Beni.  It was hard to see Thatcher ever being  ousted by the party, but it happened.     I also think he doesn't really care much about the Conservative Party - they're just a convenient vehicle   to   get him to Number 10.  

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Who would be acceptable? Nicola Sturgeon? Alex Salmond? Ruth Davidson? Lorna Slater? Ian Blackford?

That's what elections are for.

Let's not pretend Johnson, May, Starmer, Clegg etc prove how much better things can be done at Westminster.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

No you weren't.

Not anti English you dullard, anti Westminster.

Sorry but I was being ironic. Sorry you did not spot that but that is down to you.

I am not sure I understand your distinction between anti- English  and anti-Westmister. Obviously Westmister is predominantly English.  

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Sorry but I was being ironic. Sorry you did not spot that but that is down to you.

I am not sure I understand your distinction between anti- English  and anti-Westmister. Obviously Westmister is predominantly English.  

I refuse to believe you're that thick

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Eugh!

You really are tiresome...you can't as stupid as you make yourself out to be...or can you?

3 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Voting intention ahead of the 2014 referendum:

AF573B02-50A9-4186-BDFC-0FD220C13BD4.jpeg.992ffb536e4995df7934ce95e933830a.jpeg

Tick tock, tick tock…

But then the youngsters leave uni, start working, get mortgages, start paying tax, gain some life experience and move over to the Remain side of the argument. And so the cycle goes on. Hard to see a majority for separation, at any time in the next few decades....

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why do you think the  Tories have committed to not lowering the voting age ? 😉

Why are the SNP and their convenient, funding dependent "arms length" quangos advocating the age of criminal responsibility being increased??. Apparently "their brains are not fully developed until age 25". 

But they can vote SNP at 16.🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But then the youngsters leave uni, start working, get mortgages, start paying tax, gain some life experience and move over to the Remain side of the argument. And so the cycle goes on. Hard to see a majority for separation, at any time in the next few decades....

So why was the biggest support for Yes in the 2014 referendum in the 35-45 age category?

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Why are the SNP and their convenient, funding dependent "arms length" quangos advocating the age of criminal responsibility being increased??. Apparently "their brains are not fully developed until age 25". 

The increase in age of criminal responsibility is to offer a more restorative approach and make parents take more responsibility. Criminalising 8-11 year olds benefits nobody.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

The increase in age of criminal responsibility is to offer a more restorative approach and make parents take more responsibility. Criminalising 8-11 year olds benefits nobody.

But criminalising 12 plus year olds does?

Francis Albert
37 minutes ago, luckydug said:

British Unionists. 

A truly moronic term. If you identify as British why on earth would you be anything but a British Unionists? 

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But criminalising 12 plus year olds does?

There has to be a point where you recognise that the young person is old enough to take responsibility for their actions. At that age young people move into secondary school and their views gather greater weight and importance in terms of rights and the sharing of their data. It seems the logical point to add an expectation of responsibility and shift the balance more from parents to the young person themselves. There’s also plenty of scope in there to make exceptions based on the individual needs and capacity of the young person and the individual circumstances of the alleged crime. 

40 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

What an utter embarrassment.

It's shocking that this utter prick of a man is accepted. His contempt for the country is sickening. I honestly hope he's not OK. It's time he was removed and held to account. 

18 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Victimised by a tory dinosaur? I don't think so. :laugh:

Just highlighting your usual gaslighting Enzo, lest anyone here hasn't clocked your bad faith posting style.

The day I take, or even require, advice from a troglodyte like yourself will be the same day that the current westminster government makes it through 24 hours intact without lying. 👍

Your continual use of the weasly word "gaslighting " suggests a linguistic comfort-blanket, which prevents you from addressing your own failings.

A lexical reset and a dose of critical thinking is what's required. 

Just an observation ..

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Your continual use of the weasly word "gaslighting " suggests a linguistic comfort-blanket, which prevents you from addressing your own failings.

A lexical reset and a dose of critical thinking is what's required. 

Just an observation ..

A perfectly encapsulated example of gaslighting

9 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

What an utter embarrassment.

Boris has been bumbling through speeches for years.

He knows exactly what he's doing - as this superb story from Jeremy Vine shows.

Maybe now, after the latest fiasco,  his party are beginning to realise,  the Emperor has no clothes.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/my-boris-johnson-story

Edited by felix

46 minutes ago, Smithee said:

A perfectly encapsulated example of gaslighting

Yep.  Classic bit of self awareness deficiency from the Enzmeister.  Gaslighters are often oblivious to their snash.

manaliveits105
10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Correct the auld naw bags are clinging on - smashin !

jack D and coke
58 minutes ago, felix said:

Maybe now, after the latest fiasco,  his party are beginning to realise,  the Emperor has no clothes.

I was going to post that. 
Just me that thinks Johnson knows exactly what he’s doing?

I P Knightley
20 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Maybe it's all part of the plan..........has to resign as PM for health reasons as the pressure of leading the country through the pandemic coupled with him having had covid has taken it's toll on his mental & physical health.

I seen less than 2 minutes of said speech this morning before changing the channel, as couldn't be bothered listening to Bojo blabbering on anymore.

15 hours ago, Victorian said:

Just saw the CBI speech.  Sorry but the joke's over and enough is enough.  That performance can't be dismissed because the guy's clearly under performing.  Not as a PM.  As a human being.  There's something going on there.

There's almost definitely a plan there and there's something going on for sure.

Johnson is a very calculating man; the image of Scruffo the Clown is not accidental and he uses it skilfully and cynically. Getting 'caught' on that zipwire with the union flags was no accident.

What are the headlines in today's papers? Are they about the cruel funding of social care? Are they about Tory MPs' sleaze and corruption? Are they about the Tory government's chronic mis-handling of the pandemic and multi-million pound PPE contracts going to their buddies? Are they about Boris expressing 'buyer's remorse' over his marriage to the fragrant Carrie?

In the long game, no one will really remember or care about one slightly fluffed speech about Peppa the Pig (an entirely American success, by the way - nothing to do with British Industry) . You may have noticed him having a dig at the BBC in there, saying that they had failed to pick up the franchise - they were never in discussions about it.

It's little more than a massive deflection. You'd have seen the post-speech interview when he was asked if everything was alright. He was right back to normal Boris - flubbing away jovially and bypassing the question.

12 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's open season.

When Kuenssberg is laying the boot in then you know Spaffer is in the shit.

Dead man walking

It's one of those soft-toed Ugg boots. She'll never lay a proper punch on him.

39 minutes ago, felix said:

I read that story a couple of years ago and it is very familiar from an event I was at when he was the guest speaker about 17 years ago. He'd just been caught by the NotW shagging someone who wasn't his wife (Petronella Wyatt, if memory serves). He hadn't shown at the event when the dinner started & rocked up to the top table between main course and dessert still wearing his bicycle clips; sat next to the CEO and bumbled a few questions, writing a few notes and then gave a stumbling 'speech' which told us all what a great bunch of chaps and chapesses we all were, constantly turning to read the name of the organisation off the backdrop.

Some people liked it... :(

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I was going to post that. 
Just me that thinks Johnson knows exactly what he’s doing?

Of he course he does.

The Tories changed the social care bill to absolutely punish the less well off in old age and what's the MSM on about today?

Bumbling Boris.

Classic diversion. 

It's sickening how these rats bumped their gums anout their deep concerns about the changes to the social care bill,  but voted it through anyway by backing it or abstaining.  A couple justified abstaining by going on about wanting to see more detail before backing it.   

10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The Scottish G and I assume the U.K. govt ( not so much ) are very much into the neuro science of brain development now . It’s an area which is seen incredible ideas and concepts in the last few years which are now driving social policy. It’s actually a very interesting area , basically arguing that the brain does not fully develop until around 25 . Hence some men ( mostly) are still offending until then but they’re offending drops off dramatically after that age . Also Bruce Perry is one of the main scientists around this area . He states that if a child has adverse experiences from birth until 3/4 then it doesn’t bode well in most areas of their development , in particular adolescence and then adult life . I’d agree .  I like his views about this.  However the issue about criminal responsibility and brain development is a controversial one .