Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Scotland outside the UK would be financially worse off by ?billions, the day it starts.

That means losing welfare state spending, libraries, and lots of things.

It would probably mean raising taxes too.

The financial arguments "batted" about are important, and until nationalism can provide a sensible, decent, realistic plan, then people won't vote to jump out of the frying pan.

And the stuff about identity, is a red herring. Each of us identify with a lot of identities throughout our lives. Identity isn't fixed. It can be argued it doesn't even exist.

Nah. Feelings of identity are personal and yours will most likely be different to mine.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

deesidejambo

We'll be better off politically, culturally, socially and more than likely economically IMHO.

And we'll get rid of the Scottish cringe factor that's prevalent amongst some on this thread.

Keep playing the "I am more Scottish than you" drivel.

That's the real cringe.

DanishTam10

Nah. Feelings of identity are personal and yours will most likely be different to mine.

Exactly my point.

And I bet your thoughts and feelings have changed, and will do again most likely.

They are important, and ought to be respected, yes.

A foundation for a monumental political change, not by themselves- no.

Exactly my point.

And I bet your thoughts and feelings have changed, and will do again most likely.

They are important, and ought to be respected, yes.

A foundation for a monumental political change, not by themselves- no.

I think that they are enough personally. I also remain convinced that independence won't make me particularly richer or poorer.

DanishTam10

I think that they are enough personally. I also remain convinced that independence won't make me particularly richer or poorer.

But only a small part. That is what you said. 

So I am assuming you are willing to bind millions of people to worse levels of public services, for what could be a long time, because of your sense of identity. 

Which may or not change. And which are arguably non-existent anyway.

Arnold Rothstein

The main reasons for me wanting independence are actually emotional and identity. I consider my self Scottish and don't have any great feelings or pride or identity in my Britishness. The financial arguments batted about play a very small part in it for me. I don't believe we will be fantastically better off or severely financially crippled by independence. I reckon we will balance out pretty much as we are now tbh.

I have exactly the same view but on the other side of the fence. Each to their own.

*excluding the no pride in being Scottish part. I am a proud Scot but also have an emotional attachment to the UK.

Edited by Arnold Rothstein

deesidejambo

Tend to agree that a feeling of Nationality is a legitimate reason for wanting change. Fine by me.

Howevet the same feeling is equal in those who want to keep the status quo.

All this "Scots v Brits" nonsense is pathetic.

I am Scottish and want to stay part of the UK as my wife is English and feels the same way. I am no less Scottish because of this so those playing the Scottish Cringe card are halfwits.

But only a small part. That is what you said.

So I am assuming you are willing to bind millions of people to worse levels of public services, for what could be a long time, because of your sense of identity.

Which may or not change. And which are arguably non-existent anyway.

Your attempts at making out my perfectly legitimate feelings are something more sinister are very tedious. :) Edited by The Earl of Mothsbery

jambos are go!

Stewart Hosie at Westminster complaining about the Chancellor raising taxes in the Budget. The SNP are Tartan Tories indeed.

Mr Brightside

You better explain after the initial set up cost how a single turbine is inefficient.

If you drive about Scotland, many farmers have installed personal ones on their land nowadays.

The FiTs have been seriously slashed since December 2015 so won't see many more single turbine developments. Previously the subsidies were generous enough to make it worthwhile.

Meanwhile, the SNP suffer a third defeat in a week at Holyrood. This time education.

Maybe day to day governing should be the priority.

Tend to agree that a feeling of Nationality is a legitimate reason for wanting change. Fine by me.

Howevet the same feeling is equal in those who want to keep the status quo.

All this "Scots v Brits" nonsense is pathetic.

I am Scottish and want to stay part of the UK as my wife is English and feels the same way. I am no less Scottish because of this so those playing the Scottish Cringe card are halfwits.

Lots of my family are English. My family come from all over really, Scotland, England, India, France, Australia, Greece.

The feelings of Scottish cringe by those Scots who join in that sort of thing is the domain of the simpleton imo. It's really quite a tragic way for a Scottish person to behave. I haven't ever noticed you doing it and it's not aimed at you at all. Those who do partake in it are absolutely shambolic people though.

I have no problem whatsoever with people feeling British and Scottish. You can't tell people how they should feel. I just don't really identify myself as British despite being so. I feel far more Scottish than British. I totally understand those who feel both though.

DanishTam10

Your attempts at making out my perfectly legitimate feelings is n to something more sinister are very tedious. :)

No, I am not attempting to do that.

I am discussing with you, this issue. 

Your identity is important to you. I get that.

You have told us that you have strong feelings about the British Empire, and that you see the current UK as a continuation of that.

You started a thread mocking people in Northern Ireland who feel strongly about their identity. 

You identify very strongly, at this moment in time, with an independent Scotland because for you, in my opinion, it would mean that you would feel pride and hope. It would mean you are a good guy. And then everything would sort itself. And you were a part of making life for us all better, and more decent, and fair.

The danger is you have ignored the signals. The evidence is clear. Life just isn't this simplistic.

deesidejambo

Lots of my family are English. My family come from all over really, Scotland, England, India, France, Australia, Greece.

The feelings of Scottish cringe by those Scots who join in that sort of thing is the domain of the simpleton imo. It's really quite a tragic way for a Scottish person to behave. I haven't ever noticed you doing it and it's not aimed at you at all. Those who do partake in it are absolutely shambolic people though.

I have no problem whatsoever with people feeling British and Scottish. You can't tell people how they should feel. I just don't really identify myself as British despite being so. I feel far more Scottish than British. I totally understand those who feel both though.

Dats cool.  We agree the issue but choose to sit on different sides of the fence.  That to me is perfectly acceptable and I respect your position.

Can you say shut yer puss on this thread?

Feck me, theres some institutionalised yoonys on here these days!

Space Mackerel

Scotland outside the UK would be financially worse off by ?billions, the day it starts.

That means losing welfare state spending, libraries, and lots of things.

It would probably mean raising taxes too.

The financial arguments "batted" about are important, and until nationalism can provide a sensible, decent, realistic plan, then people won't vote to jump out of the frying pan.

And the stuff about identity, is a red herring. Each of us identify with a lot of identities throughout our lives. Identity isn't fixed. It can be argued it doesn't even exist.

Things maybe a bit different initially but I doubt it will be Armageddon as most you Yoons point out here and in the MSM. Scotland has always been a forward thinking country, it's only since this rise of new liberal policies since Thatcher has it seen its self identity decline.

Long term it's the best option for future generations. They will thank us for it. Make no mistake about that.

No, I am not attempting to do that.

I am discussing with you, this issue.

Your identity is important to you. I get that.

You have told us that you have strong feelings about the British Empire, and that you see the current UK as a continuation of that.

You started a thread mocking people in Northern Ireland who feel strongly about their identity.

You identify very strongly, at this moment in time, with an independent Scotland because for you, in my opinion, it would mean that you would feel pride and hope. It would mean you are a good guy. And then everything would sort itself. And you were a part of making life for us all better, and more decent, and fair.

The danger is you have ignored the signals. The evidence is clear. Life just isn't this simplistic.

Nah, you assume far too much. I feel Scottish and not very British.

If you want to discuss the other issues like Northern Ireland we can do so on that thread. I have my own views on that and the British Empire.

Dats cool. We agree the issue but choose to sit on different sides of the fence. That to me is perfectly acceptable and I respect your position.

:thumbsup:

deesidejambo

Can you say shut yer puss on this thread?

Feck me, theres some institutionalised yoonys on here these days!

And some Nats who should be institutionalised.

Joke btw.

DanishTam10

Things maybe a bit different initially but I doubt it will be Armageddon as most you Yoons point out here and in the MSM. Scotland has always been a forward thinking country, it's only since this rise of new liberal policies since Thatcher has it seen its self identity decline.

Long term it's the best option for future generations. They will thank us for it. Make no mistake about that.

"Scotland has always been a forward thinking country"

No. We are a deeply conservative country: slow to change, resistant to modern ideas, patriarchal.

I'd argue that Scotland is a backward-looking country.    

Space Mackerel

"Scotland has always been a forward thinking country"

No. We are a deeply conservative country: slow to change, resistant to modern ideas, patriarchal.

I'd argue that Scotland is a backward-looking country.

And there you have it readers, the most ludicrous post on the thread so far [emoji1]

DanishTam10

Nah, you assume far too much. I feel Scottish and not very British.

If you want to discuss the other issues like Northern Ireland we can do so on that thread. I have my own views on that and the British Empire.

Moth, you must feel it by now, the inevitability that there will not be another referendum about scotland leaving the uk anytime soon. 

If Nicola was stupid enough, which she is, to force one to happen, the odds of Scotland leaving the uk are not good.

Your problem, and same thing goes for Space Mackerel, is you cannot say anything realistic about what life would be like outside the uk. 

You certainly can't speak about social justice in Northern Ireland, you have been most clear about that. 

DanishTam10

And there you have it readers, the most ludicrous post on the thread so far [emoji1]

So wardrobes are like potatoes?

deesidejambo

So argue against it then instead of posting inane comments.

Make your case.

Moth, you must feel it by now, the inevitability that there will not be another referendum about scotland leaving the uk anytime soon.

If Nicola was stupid enough, which she is, to force one to happen, the odds of Scotland leaving the uk are not good.

Your problem, and same thing goes for Space Mackerel, is you cannot say anything realistic about what life would be like outside the uk.

You certainly can't speak about social justice in Northern Ireland, you have been most clear about that.

Perfectly happy with my thoughts and feelings thank you, Thomas. :thumbsup:

It's a shame that you get so angry about people's feelings. :(

Edited by The Earl of Mothsbery

So argue against it then instead of posting inane comments.

Make your case.

In fairness, mate... the post directly before yours would suggest a different source for the inane on this thread. :lol:

Space Mackerel

So wardrobes are like potatoes?

For a Yoon, you don't half sound like you come from Denmark given your username?

I take it you're a NHS tourist and using our free, proud state paid mental health services?

DanishTam10

Perfectly happy with my thoughts and feelings thank you, Thomas. :thumbsup:

It's a shame that you get so angry about people's feelings. :(

Can you envisage Nicola making yet another referendum happen?

I can't.

The SNP have been in power at Holyrood for ten years now. What have they changed?

Not much. And it could have accomplished at least 1 thing, yet failed. 

The various major arguments for Scotland leaving the UK have not stood the test of time.

That is why you are clinging to "identity" as a positive for yourself, and a negative for others. (your identity =important and true. other peoples identities are stupid and should be laughed at.)

While at the same time attempting to spin the nationalist spin about "ignore arguments about oil and money and riches and the pot of gold" that the SNP promoted. And that is why you are reduced to wind farms and the like.

Even now, you and Space Mackerel are not able to have a genuine conversation, even amongst yourselves. You have spent so long destroying and hacking things.

All so you can bring about some dream into reality.

Can you envisage Nicola making yet another referendum happen?

I can't.

The SNP have been in power at Holyrood for ten years now. What have they changed?

Not much. And it could have accomplished at least 1 thing, yet failed.

The various major arguments for Scotland leaving the UK have not stood the test of time.

That is why you are clinging to "identity" as a positive for yourself, and a negative for others. (your identity =important and true. other peoples identities are stupid and should be laughed at.)

While at the same time attempting to spin the nationalist spin about "ignore arguments about oil and money and riches and the pot of gold" that the SNP promoted. And that is why you are reduced to wind farms and the like.

Even now, you and Space Mackerel are not able to have a genuine conversation, even amongst yourselves. You have spent so long destroying and hacking things.

All so you can bring about some dream into reality.

In all honesty, I love the fact it annoys you so much. I find your anger at not being able to control people's opinions and emotions really entertaining. So much seethe and assumption. It's better than anything on Netflix at present. :)

Space Mackerel

In all honesty, I love the fact it annoys you so much. I find your anger at not being able to control people's opinions and emotions really entertaining. So much seethe and assumption. It's better than anything on Netflix at present. :)

Barca game is way better right now [emoji106]

Barca game is way better right now [emoji106]

Given up on CL football. The whole moneyball modern game kinda depresses me. Glad it's more entertaining than Tam's frustrated rage though... must be a bloody good game! :lol:

Space Mackerel

Given up on CL football. The whole moneyball modern game kinda depresses me. Glad it's more entertaining than Tam's frustrated rage though... must be a bloody good game! :lol:

TBF, I was at Easter Road for the replay, that was even better than Tams posts [emoji23]

TBF, I was at Easter Road for the replay, that was even better than Tams posts [emoji23]

:lol:

DanishTam10

I am not angry, or seethe or annoyed at you Moth.

I can't help but notice you are not replying to me, in the sprit of democracy. 

You are doing what most nationalists are doing just now.

Retreating into yourselves. 

I am not angry, or seethe or annoyed at you Moth.

I can't help but notice you are not replying to me, in the sprit of democracy.

You are doing what most nationalists are doing just now.

Retreating into yourselves.

Again with the impotent frustrated rage. :(

There's a really good meditation app for smart phones called 'Take 10'. You should give it a wee whirl. More than that though, just accept the fact that people have different opinions to you on personal issues like identity. Once you do that, you'll come across as a much happier person. :thumbsup:

Edited by The Earl of Mothsbery

DanishTam10

Again with the impotent frustrated rage. :(

There's a really good meditation app for smart phones called 'Take 10'. You should give it a wee whirl. More than that though, just accept the fact that people have different opinions to you on personal issues like identity. Once you do that, you'll come across as a much happier person. :thumbsup:

You seem to know a lot about impotent rage Moth. 

And as you threatened, you can have sex with females without their consent, and they always enjoy it. 

DanishTam10

Up to Tam and if he takes his meds tonight?

Nationalists making light of mental health conditions, i thought you had finished doing that?

seems it is fair game again for you all

You seem to know a lot about impotent rage Moth.

And as you threatened, you can have sex with females without their consent, and they always enjoy it.

Dearie me.

Space Mackerel

You ar efkin kidding me

6-1

Good old Nationalistic Catalans pedigree shows through in the end.

Nae cringe from them. :)

deesidejambo

Good old Nationalistic Catalans pedigree shows through in the end.

Nae cringe from them. :)

Aye well maybe the Scotland Team will do the same?

Space Mackerel

Aye well maybe the Scotland Team will do the same?

Well, you know who to vote for now if you want to see us at the World Cup finals.