• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not anger and hate Mothy, it's bare faced utter lies and MSM pish that we are dealing with on here. There's not one of the Yoons have ever participated in critical thinking on their own, in a group on any subject matter and that's to their detriment.

Maybe one day though, here's hoping :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I agree that in the real world most are not angry bitter little weirdos. There is no denying that Jake and Tam are very angry about this topic though. It's there for all to see. One of them is just angrily lashing out at anyone who disagrees with him, whilst the other has resorted to 90% randomly posting comparisons between random nouns, and 10% insults. :(

deesidejambo

You do a fine job. The fact you do it in the face of such anger and hate is admirable though. Very harsh comparing you to someone who angrily posts noun comparisons in the hope of hiding his hatred.

Keep up the good work, I say. :)

Yes his posts on the Pentagon being hit by a cruise missile full of corpses was well thought out.

Btw I apologise for whatever Scotland did in the past. We ate babies.

DanishTam10

So I am thinking that there is not a real justification for yet another bloody referendum in Scotland. And the continued threat of one, is just even more SNP nonsense.

The 2014 vote was built upon many stupid, illegitimate, false and ridiculous things.

Everyone in Scotland has been held back since Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP obviously lied to us.

Mucking about with dafties is one thing. Getting on with making things better is another.

DanishTam10

My old man used seeded tatties when I was a bairn to grow spuds

How many sails become doctors though?

DanishTam10

I agree that in the real world most are not angry bitter little weirdos. There is no denying that Jake and Tam are very angry about this topic though. It's there for all to see. One of them is just angrily lashing out at anyone who disagrees with him, whilst the other has resorted to 90% randomly posting comparisons between random nouns, and 10% insults. :(

Firstly- please don't lose your temper.

But given the the way you behave and the sadistic things you are capable of saying, why are you not able to apologise?

Yes his posts on the Pentagon being hit by a cruise missile full of corpses was well thought out.

Btw I apologise for whatever Scotland did in the past. We ate babies.

Ah. Conspiracy theories are not my thing. I was only judging him on this topic. I haven't read all that stuff. On this topic he is getting a lot of abuse for not saying anything wrong imo.

It's a good question though, right? Should an independent Scotland apologise for its part in atrocities committed whilst part of the union? Or do we assume that the UK apology covers us all? Personally I'd want us to acknowledge and apologise for our part in these things quite early in our rebirth as an independent country.

DanishTam10

So it seems that Earl of Mothbery just ditched Space Mackerel. 

"Oh! what a tangled web we weave/When first we practice to deceive!"

Tam's narrating of this thread... it's like a director's commentary on an episode of Paw Patrol. I can't be the only one? :lol:

Interesting points. Do you think an apology is enough?

What about financial reparations to the countries & individuals concerned? As a measure of good faith, you understand.

Would you be prepared to accept, hypothetically speaking of course, to have a large chunk of a potential budget spent/gifted, that could be earmarked for improving various types of Scottish infrastructure?

Should the newly independent Scotland's people accept that, if the Scottish Goverment decided on its behalf?

All hypothetical, but an interesting discussion.

For another time perhaps. There seems to be far more important subject matters being debated on here tonight, as it is.

No, I think it's a very good question and well worth debating actually. So many things would need to be divvied up post separation. Some things would be considered the duty of the former U.K. Government and many others the duty of an independent Scottish Government. Debts, financial responsibilities... guilt and responsibility for reparations?

It's interesting.

DanishTam10

Interesting points. Do you think an apology is enough?

What about financial reparations to the countries & individuals concerned? As a measure of good faith, you understand.

Would you be prepared to accept, hypothetically speaking of course, to have a large chunk of a potential budget spent/gifted, that could be earmarked for improving various types of Scottish infrastructure?

Should the newly independent Scotland's people accept that, if the Scottish Goverment decided on its behalf?

All hypothetical, but an interesting discussion.

For another time perhaps. There seems to be far more important subject matters being debated on here tonight, as it is.

Tam's narrating of this thread... it's like a director's commentary on an episode of Paw Patrol. I can't be the only one? :lol:

People can deflect their own racism and misogyny quite easily in Scottish Nationalism, if they are white and male. 

And that is what this is. 

DanishTam10

No, I think it's a very good question and well worth debating actually. So many things would need to be divvied up post separation. Some things would be considered the duty of the former U.K. Government and many others the duty of an independent Scottish Government. Debts, financial responsibilities... guilt and responsibility for reparations?

It's interesting. 

White men talking with white men. You are not capable of reflecting what people in Scotland think Earl of Mothbery. 

But that won't stop you pretending you are a messiah. 

White men talking with white men. You are not capable of reflecting what people in Scotland think Earl of Mothbery.

But that won't stop you pretending you are a messiah.

Wee bit worried now. Am I coming across as though I don't like people with different coloured skin to my own?

DanishTam10

Wee bit worried now. Am I coming across as though I don't like people with different coloured skin to my own?

After you threatened to rape many women as a lesson to me, you remember when you did that, you came across as misogynistic and vile. 

After seeing you like that, I don't trust you.

So all this white guilt shenanigans, to me, just makes you seem awkward about the reality of it all. 

You are too focused on the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

After you threatened to rape many women as a lesson to me, you remember when you did that, you came across as misogynistic and vile.

After seeing you like that, I don't trust you.

So all this white guilt shenanigans, to me, just makes you seem awkward about the reality of it all.

You are too focused on the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

BEST. POST. EVER

:yas:

misogynistic

I felt quite good about myself until a little earlier Thomas. Now I am beginning to doubt myself. I find myself wondering whether or not I'm actually (as you accuse), a racist white misogynist.

Now I feel like Ghandi again. All that hate. I try to remain peaceful and positive... but all that hatred, and for what? Wanting my country to be free to self-govern. :(

DanishTam10

I felt quite good about myself until a little earlier Thomas. Now I am beginning to doubt myself. I find myself wondering whether or not I'm actually (as you accuse), a racist white misogynist.

Now I feel like Ghandi again. All that hate. I try to remain peaceful and positive... but all that hatred, and for what? Wanting my country to be free to self-govern. :(

Earl, you are untouchable, and commonly forgiven.

You are very clearly a misogynist. And that makes me doubt you.

So when you continue to say you care about issues like race and all that. 

I am here, calling you out as a liar, a racist, a misogynist.

You, Earl of Mothsbery are a deeply unpleasant person, I think. 

Why else would you use people like Ghandi.

Space Mackerel

WGD

by weegingerdug

There?s a Unionist myth from the first independence referendum which is still being aired and which will feature prominently in the second. It?s a myth that?s propagated by people who really ought to know better, and who in many cases actually do. They just keep repeating the story because they hope that people in Scotland don?t know any better. It?s a myth that keeps being repeated even though it?s been killed off more times than Christopher Lee in the Dracula movies, and just like Christopher Lee in the Dracula movies it keeps on coming back for the sequel. That myth is that an independent Scotland would be forced to join the Euro.

It says in the EU treaties that, unless a country has a specific opt-out from membership of the Eurozone, membership of the EU implies that state should eventually join the single currency. However the EU treaties impose no time scale on when a member state needs to join the Euro and impose no penalties for not doing so. If a member state decides that it?s not in its interests to adopt the common currency, then no one in Brussels is going to insist that they do.

What this means is that no country can be forced into the euro. No, really. No more than a Rangers fan can be forced to wear a green and white scarf and sing along enthusiastically to a ditty about a fitba team that doesn?t realise it died. Joining the euro is not like being conscripted into Angela Merkel?s army and then having to invade the Central Bank of Greece and blag all the deckchairs with a towel printed with the image of the EU flag. Joining the single currency is a process with several steps to it. Each one of those steps is at the discretion of the member state. That means the steps don?t have to be taken, and if the member state doesn?t take the steps, they don?t join the euro. It?s really that simple.

Step number one is starting off with a currency of your own. As Unionists are very fond of telling us, Scotland doesn?t have a currency of its own, and apparently is the only country in the world which is incapable of having any money at all. Not even those big stone coins that they used to use as currency on the Pacific island of Yap which would be a bit of a bugger in the check out queue at Morrison?s. So before we could even think about joining the euro, we?d first of all have to set up our own currency. Even if, as seems likely, an independent Scotland will set up its own currency, it will take a number of years for this to come into effect. When Ireland became independent in 1922, it continued to use the pound sterling until issuing its own currency, the punt, in 1928.

Step number two is reducing your budget deficit to within certain pre-determined parameters. Since the Unionists are very fond of telling us that Scotland has a bigger deficit than a shoe fetishist on a spending spree in Foot Asylum with nothing more in his pocket than a book of second class stamps, Scotland wouldn?t meet the requirements for joining the euro anyway. ?You?ve got a deficit greater than Greece? and ?you?ll be forced to join the euro? are mutually exclusive scare stories. But that doesn?t prevent the same people making them both simultaneously.

Of course, it?s highly debatable just how much Scotland?s real deficit is. The true figure will be determined in the negotiations after a Yes vote. Whatever it is, it?s certainly not the figure bandied about by the Unionists and based on the GERS figures. The deficit in GERS is based on UK figures which show that almost one quarter of the entire Scottish budget is spent outside Scotland. This is spending attributed to Scotland by the UK. There is no independent nation on Earth which spends that proportion of its budget outside its own borders. In an independent Scotland, other than debt interest repayments which will be subject to negotiation in independence talks in order to determine how much if any of the UK national debt iScotland takes on, the budget will overwhelmingly be spent within Scotland and thus will increase Scottish revenues by generating increased economic activity within Scotland. However for the purposes of this discussion about the euro, what is relevant is that it?s for an individual member state to decide when and how to reduce its deficit. If a country which isn?t using the euro decides that its deficit is sustainable, the EU isn?t going to force it to reduce it.

The third step is joining the ERM-II, the European Exchange Rate Mechanism. The Czech Republic joined the EU in 2004, after the euro had been adopted as the common currency of the original 11 members of the Eurozone. The Czechs won?t be bounced into the euro, and have consistently refused to make moves to adopt it. In January 2010, Czech Prime Minister Petr Ne?as stated that the country did not require a special opt-out in order to retain the koruna as its currency. Ne?as said: ?No one can force us into joining the euro ? We have a de facto opt-out.?

Candidates for euro membership must sign up to ERM II for at least two years

before adopting the euro as currency, however it is entirely up to the discretion of each individual member state when to sign up to ERM II and member countries can legitimately delay this indefinitely. That?s what the Czech PM meant by a de facto opt-out. But Mr Ne?as said all this in Czech, which is a language with way too many consonants, so it wasn?t reported in the Anglocentric Unionist media.

A whole lot has happened in the intervening seven years. Admittedly some things are just the same. Like the Unionist project fear and attempts to browbeat Scotland into staying a part of the UK. So we?re still going to get the UK chancellor coming to Scotland and making threats about currency. It?s just that the second time around with the arse having fallen out of the Brexit pound he?ll be coming to Scotland to warn us that after independence we?ll be forced to keep it. And the Unionists are still claiming that an independent Scotland would be forced to adopt the euro even though this myth has been debunked more often than the myth that Donald Trump?s hairstyle is a fashion statement and not a poor attempt to cover up a receding hairline.

In the past seven years Ne?as was forced to resign in a corruption scandal. Brexit and Donald Trump happened. We?ve had one independence referendum in Scotland and are now faced with another. Yet here we are, seven years later, and the Czech Republic still has no plans to join the Eurozone, is no further forward in steps to joining it, and the EU has made no attempts to force the issue. That?s what Ne?as meant by a de facto opt-out. It?s not a legal right in the sense that it?s explicitly spelled out in the treaties, but it?s an effective right. It?s a real right that an independent Scotland could use to refrain from joining the euro. It?s a right that several EU member states make use of.

This approach has also been adopted by the government of Sweden which has likewise declined to join the Eurozone but has no negotiated opt-out. Sweden says nej to the euro. Poland, Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia likewise are not eurozone members and none of them have formal opt outs. They will join the euro as and when they decide it is in their interests to do so, and they may very well decide to postpone that decision indefinitely. The EU isn?t going to force them to do otherwise. It wouldn?t force an independent Scotland either. But nothing I?ve said here will stop the Unionists from claiming that Scotland will be forced to adopt the euro. Like Christopher Lee, it will be back for the sequel. But next time, we?re ready with the garlic and wooden stake of facts and we?ll open the curtains and let the light flood in.

Earl, you are untouchable, and commonly forgiven.

You are very clearly a misogynist. And that makes me doubt you.

So when you continue to say you care about issues like race and all that.

I am here, calling you out as a liar, a racist, a misogynist.

You, Earl of Mothsbery are a deeply unpleasant person, I think.

Why else would you use people like Ghandi.

I'm sad you feel that way Thomas.

I just really like a lot of Indian things. Hence the Ghandi references.

It's a shame you feel this way about me. I can't help but think you might be being a tiny bit presumptuous based on your anger towards me though. I mean... I actually really like female people and non-white people. Are you sure you are not maybe going off a wee bit half cocked again?

DanishTam10

Nope

The lids of sauce bottles are, indeed lions. But not fish

DanishTam10

I'm sad you feel that way Thomas.

I just really like a lot of Indian things. Hence the Ghandi references.

It's a shame you feel this way about me. I can't help but think you might be being a tiny bit presumptuous based on your anger towards me though. I mean... I actually really like female people and non-white people. Are you sure you are not maybe going off a wee bit half cocked again?

I think you are vile, two-faced, misogynist and racist. 

Edited by DanishTam10

Space Mackerel

The lids of sauce bottles are, indeed lions. But not fish

Nope

I think you are vile, two-faced, misogynist and racist.

Strong words. I don't consider myself to be those things. It's a shame you think so. Not being funny here mate... is there no chance you've maybe misjudged me, and that your making a bit of a fool of yourself again?

DanishTam10

Strong words. I don't consider myself to be those things. It's a shame you think so. Not being funny here mate... is there no chance you've maybe misjudged me, and that your making a bit of a fool of yourself again?

You Earl of Mothsbery, are a misogynist.  If you can glide over that, you are gliding over a lot of things.

I hope no-one is falling for your "i am the same as Ghandi" shtick. Saying that makes you racist.

You need to reflect on what your nationalism has made you.

DanishTam10

Nope

ha ha stop reading MSM then

You may think that a carpet is a bear or a panda. 

Space Mackerel

ha ha stop reading MSM then

You may think that a carpet is a bear or a panda.

Nope

DanishTam10

Nope

Well, lamp posts are like menus. Even paper clips say comb.

You Earl of Mothsbery, are a misogynist. If you can glide over that, you are gliding over a lot of things.

I hope no-one is falling for your "i am the same as Ghandi" shtick. Saying that makes you racist.

You need to reflect on what your nationalism has made you.

I just think we have a lot in common. You don't know that we don't.

Here's a question:

When we do return to independence, should we apologise for our part in the atrocities carried out during our time as a part of the empire?

Yes. Yes for all the bad things Scots done. Yes for Scots run slave plantations. For Scots involved in the slave trade which built Glasgow and to a lesser extent Edinburgh and involvement in repression of indian mutiny and all other bad things we did.

deesidejambo

Yes. Yes for all the bad things Scots done. Yes for Scots run slave plantations. For Scots involved in the slave trade which built Glasgow and to a lesser extent Edinburgh and involvement in repression of indian mutiny and all other bad things we did.

For starting the Klan?

My instincts are to agree. I would definitely want us to acknowledge our part in it all, before we move forward and remove ourselves from the vestiges of our shameful past as part of that empire. It would be good to start out as a republic who is not afraid to live up to its history. What an opportunity to show maturity as a nation at the same time, and not only apologise for our past, but to also show we want no part in a similar future.

For starting the Klan?

Not sure a free Scottish Republic would need to apologise for that. The Scots who were involved in its establishment were by that time American. Even if they had not been, it doesn't really fall on the new state to apologise for the actions of individuals who acted for personal agendas.

The biggest problem with apologising and reparations, is that at the time, there was no Scottish Parliament, only a British one. Decisions were all made in Westminster. Meaning it was The United Kingdom who carried out these vile acts.

As I said, I think we probably should apologise for our part in it, but we should also acknowledge that these acts were carried out in the name of the United Kingdom.

deesidejambo

Not sure a free Scottish Republic would need to apologise for that. The Scots who were involved in its establishment were by that time American. Even if they had not been, it doesn't really fall on the new state to apologise for the actions of individuals who acted for personal agendas.

The biggest problem with apologising and reparations, is that at the time, there was no Scottish Parliament, only a British one. Decisions were all made in Westminster. Meaning it was The United Kingdom who carried out these vile acts.

As I said, I think we probably should apologise for our part in it, but we should also acknowledge that these acts were carried out in the name of the United Kingdom.

It was Scots.

Anyway I'd love to see the UK apologising to Donald Trump for starting the Klan!

It was Scots.

Anyway I'd love to see the UK apologising to Donald Trump for starting the Klan!

Hmmm... I know what you are saying, but is that really Scotland's place to apologise? Should a country be held responsible for the actions of radical individuals who are born there or are descended from its nationals? I think that is a step too far to be honest.

Our part in acts committed in the name of the motherland or her empire, yes, imo. The KKK? No.

My instincts are to agree. I would definitely want us to acknowledge our part in it all, before we move forward and remove ourselves from the vestiges of our shameful past as part of that empire. It would be good to start out as a republic who is not afraid to live up to its history. What an opportunity to show maturity as a nation at the same time, and not only apologise for our past, but to also show we want no part in a similar future.

I think you would find we would apologise to certain places and peoples. A blanket apology has no meaning. Scots may not have ran slave plantations in New Zealand. But they did in Jamaica.

Has to be done right. And equally, the mea culpa should be on the truly awful. We cannot start applying 21st century morality to 18th and 19th century situations.

Edited by JamboX2

I think you would find we would apologise to certain places and peoples. A blanket apology has no meaning. Scots may not have ran slave plantations in New Zealand. But they did in Jamaica.

Has to be done right. And equally, the mea culpa should be on the truly awful. We cannot start applying 21st century morality to 18th and 19th century situations.

unfortunately he doesn't want to apologise, he has a brush and wants to walk, its the separatists way.

he is also just shit stirring and turned the last 2,3 pages into drivel.

unfortunately he doesn't want to apologise, he has a brush and wants to walk, its the separatists way.

he is also just shit stirring and turned the last 2,3 pages into drivel.

And thats being generous