Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

I think you would find we would apologise to certain places and peoples. A blanket apology has no meaning. Scots may not have ran slave plantations in New Zealand. But they did in Jamaica.

Has to be done right. And equally, the mea culpa should be on the truly awful. We cannot start applying 21st century morality to 18th and 19th century situations.

Agree with pretty much all of this.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting that nearly 1/3rd of Tory activists would welcome Scottish Independence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tory-activists-30-back-scottish-independence-conservativehome-poll-centre-for-english-identity_uk_58b74f6ce4b0284854b3d6be?utm_hp_ref=uk-conservative-party

Not really sure how important the Union actually is to the Conservative & Unionist Party these days.  This, and the attitude to Northern Ireland, especially given the recent election result over there, seems to project, to me at least, a sense of don't give a monkey's...

deesidejambo

Interesting that nearly 1/3rd of Tory activists would welcome Scottish Independence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tory-activists-30-back-scottish-independence-conservativehome-poll-centre-for-english-identity_uk_58b74f6ce4b0284854b3d6be?utm_hp_ref=uk-conservative-party

Not really sure how important the Union actually is to the Conservative & Unionist Party these days. This, and the attitude to Northern Ireland, especially given the recent election result over there, seems to project, to me at least, a sense of don't give a monkey's...

Little Englanders perchance?

Maybe, I don't know, your words, not mine.

Just saying that the Conservative & Unionist Party are pretty much the architects of the dismantling of the Union, and quite a lot of their activists couldn't give a tinker's pump about it.

deesidejambo

Not really sure how important the Union actually is to the Conservative & Unionist Party these days. This, and the attitude to Northern Ireland, especially given the recent election result over there, seems to project, to me at least, a sense of don't give a monkey's...

Just saying that the Conservative & Unionist Party are pretty much the architects of the dismantling of the Union, and quite a lot of their activists couldn't give a tinker's pump about it.

There are as ive said many times sound economic reasons for independence.

Probably not to your taste or mines if im honest.

But if we are to play the capitalist game for want of a better phrase.

Scotland can only truly prosper independently.

And that includes culturally as well as financially.

As ive said before im not sure the political outlook of the nationalist vote would accept the way in which it would have to happen.

Obviously thats my view on it.

But im not surprised that a third of tories want independence.

Im betting they have grasped that currency is a non issue as is oil revenue.

jambo lodge

Jim Sillars making it clear he will not vote YES if an independent Scotland goes into Europe........logical stance of one of the SNP's elder statesmen.

Jim Sillars making it clear he will not vote YES if an independent Scotland goes into Europe........logical stance of one of the SNP's elder statesmen.

That well known racist .

Surely....

doctor jambo

only a third

but the English hate us right?

so 2/3 of the tories don't want us to leave?

Space Mackerel

only a third

but the English hate us right?

so 2/3 of the tories don't want us to leave?

They love us! Even Mooth loves us! [emoji57]

437986fb0cc01ad5f892cab834ff6477.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Geoff the Mince

They love us! Even Mooth loves us! [emoji57]437986fb0cc01ad5f892cab834ff6477.jpg

Aye and she thinks there's nowt wrong with fracking .

Space Mackerel

Aye and she thinks there's nowt wrong with fracking .

Her wee Tory party pals will be involved in the business of extraction no doubt.

deesidejambo

Her wee Tory party pals will be involved in the business of extraction no doubt.

Including your good friend who is CEO of an Oil Company?

Adam Murray

Surprised it's not been mentioned today as it was in most of the papers.

Andrew Wilson, the former SNP MSP, who led a growth commission prior to the 2014 indyref, now saying that oil was a basis of the SNP economics for Independence, and not as we were informed, a bonus.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/03/snp-finally-faces-awkward-truths-cost-independence/

DanishTam10

There are as ive said many times sound economic reasons for independence.

Probably not to your taste or mines if im honest.

But if we are to play the capitalist game for want of a better phrase.

Scotland can only truly prosper independently.

And that includes culturally as well as financially.

As ive said before im not sure the political outlook of the nationalist vote would accept the way in which it would have to happen.

Obviously thats my view on it.

But im not surprised that a third of tories want independence.

Im betting they have grasped that currency is a non issue as is oil revenue.

If that were true, we would have a lot more agreement on it. 

It isn't true.

I believe your wider point is that Scotland would become more business (capitalist) orientated, extended to less welfare state nudging people into a greater need to earn.

So more like the USA. 

But a third is about how many people want Scotland to leave the UK, yeah the voters were at 45%, but that was inflated by the question and the yes/no wording. 

In what way would Scotland prsoper against Turkey, India, China, Brazil, Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Russia? And a UK outside the EU?

Please don't say whiskey export duty.

Edited by DanishTam10

Space Mackerel

Hmmmm...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36422083

Give them half a chance and we would see Green "credentials" binned in pursuit of Indy.

Not sure what your point is?

Clearly a pop at the SNP for what? Sitting on the fence? Weighing up the ideas of jobs or polluting the water table?

Space Mackerel

They need to keep their lapdogs in the Green Party on side just now though.

That's a good reason, governance by consensus. Maybe Mrs May could take a leaf out of that book.

Geoff the Mince

It isn't true.

I believe your wider point is that Scotland would become more business (capitalist) orientated, extended to less welfare state nudging people into a greater need to earn.

So more like the USA. 

But a third is about how many people want Scotland to leave the UK, yeah the voters were at 45%, but that was inflated by the question and the yes/no wording. 

In what way would Scotland prsoper against Turkey, India, China, Brazil, Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Russia? And a UK outside the EU?

Is Cilla Black ?

Thunderstruck

Not sure what your point is?

Clearly a pop at the SNP for what? Sitting on the fence? Weighing up the ideas of jobs or polluting the water table?

You have a pop at the Tories but you cannot see that the SNP would do exactly the same given a chance.

Here is a quote by Patrick Harvie from last year:

The SNP's moratorium is merely a pause to save the party from making proper decisions on the issue right now, and the motion passed at their conference still leaves the door open to fracking companies. The real test is whether the SNP are willing to give voters any clarity about their intentions before May's election. Greens know that Scotland must move away from the temptation to burn yet more fossil fuels, and put a permanent ban on unconventional oil and gas.

They have managed to dodge having any firm commitment for two electoral events and, with their current consultation not yet closed, it seems clear that they will enter the May Elections with no defined stance.

Question for you - is Fracking or Coal Seam Gasification a price worth paying for independence?

If yes, you can hardly condemn any other party. Perhaps you are an "I'm alright, Jack" that doesn't live in a rural area near Shale deposits.

It isn't true.

So more like the USA.

No i wont say whisky(whiskey is not scottish).

You really need to look at economics and reality.

For a start 90% of economic wealth is generated internally.

Have you realised the population growth in edinburgh.

Theres also future wealth.

Which isnt oil.

Its natural resource which i must applaud the current administration on its deferral regarding fracking.

Water is a resource which will probably decide future conflict.

Its also a reason why the english may not want us independent.

Its a fact that wealthy well educated english are moving to Scotland.

We are a lawful and fair society in the main and have expertise in law and medicine with decent infrastrusture.

I frastructure which has on the whole been negligent through london rule.

European troubles will imo see many affluent people wish to move here as the current situation will become much worse.

If we move to a highly educated high earning small country with a banking system that reflects our wealth.

With a visa system that is strict and a definite move to a secular tolerant society that doesnt pander to backward religious nonsense then we will prosper.

I can if you like give economic models which imo this os achievable.

Space Mackerel

You have a pop at the Tories but you cannot see that the SNP would do exactly the same given a chance.

Here is a quote by Patrick Harvie from last year:

They have managed to dodge having any firm commitment for two electoral events and, with their current consultation not yet closed, it seems clear that they will enter the May Elections with no defined stance.

Question for you - is Fracking or Coal Seam Gasification a price worth paying for independence?

If yes, you can hardly condemn any other party. Perhaps you are an "I'm alright, Jack" that doesn't live in a rural area near Shale deposits.

I'm pretty happy with the SNP's energy policy, a good mixture and heading towards more and more renewables. Which we are more than abundant in.

England on the other hand...

DanishTam10

No i wont say whisky(whiskey is not scottish).

You really need to look at economics and reality.

For a start 90% of economic wealth is generated internally.

Have you realised the population growth in edinburgh.

Theres also future wealth.

Which isnt oil.

Its natural resource which i must applaud the current administration on its deferral regarding fracking.

Water is a resource which will probably decide future conflict.

Its a fact that wealthy well educated english are moving to Scotland.

We are a lawful and fair society in the main and have expertise in law and medicine with decent infrastrusture.

European troubles will imo see many affluent people wish to move here as the current situation will become much worse.

If we move to a highly educated high earning small country with a banking system that reflects our wealth.

With a visa system that is strict and a definite move to a secular tolerant society that doesnt pander to backward religious nonsense then we will prosper.

I can if you like give economic models which imo this os achievable.

1 - For a start 90% of economic wealth is generated internally.

What?

2-Have you realised the population growth in edinburgh. 

Yes I realise that Edinburgh is predicted to grow.

(It's Edinburgh by the way, not edinburgh")

3-Theres also future wealth.

I am not sure what this is supposed to mean, but will you lend me a ?1000 pounds, which I will repay with future wealth please?

4-Water is a resource which will probably decide future conflict.

This sounds a bit mad.

5-Its a fact that wealthy well educated english are moving to Scotland.

So prove it. 

6-We are a lawful and fair society in the main and have expertise in law and medicine with decent infrastrusture.

Which infrastructure? The decent one? or the indecent one that London has denied us.

7-If we move to a highly educated high earning small country with a banking system that reflects our wealth.

If, if, if, if, if prosper. That is a lot of ifs. 

It isn't a plan is it? It's one of many potential outcomes. Maybe you believe in unicorns though.

8-I can if you like give economic models which imo this os achievable.

Aye go on, send me them. 

Thunderstruck

I'm pretty happy with the SNP's energy policy, a good mixture and heading towards more and more renewables. Which we are more than abundant in.

England on the other hand...

Not answering the question but didn't expect you would.

Could you outline the plan to replace Baseload to secure energy provision in the face of intermittency. Bearing in mind that the SNP is vehemently opposed to all things nuclear.

Could you explain how expensive renewables are to be subsidised to ensure continued investment and replacement of short-life infrastructure (windmills to you).

Are you happy for Scotland's natural beauty (a significant tourist attraction) to be despoiled by many more and larger windmills. Energy Density is a topic you should consider - Wind is 2.5kw/m2 and Nuclear is 1Gw/m2.

Here is a talk by Prof David McKay.

https://www.ted.com/talks/david_mackay_a_reality_check_on_renewables?utm_source=tedcomshare&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=tedspread

Adam Murray

Could you outline the plan to replace Baseload to secure energy provision in the face of intermittency. Bearing in mind that the SNP is vehemently opposed to all things nuclear.

Could you explain how expensive renewables are to be subsidised to ensure continued investment and replacement of short-life infrastructure (windmills to you).

Are you happy for Scotland's natural beauty (a significant tourist attraction) to be despoiled by many more and larger windmills. Energy Density is a topic you should consider - Wind is 2.5kw/m2 and Nuclear is 1Gw/m2.

https://www.ted.com/talks/david_mackay_a_reality_check_on_renewables?utm_source=tedcomshare&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=tedspread

Off to see what wee ginger dug, or the bishop of bath have to say about it no doubt.

Space Mackerel

We are a nation of 5 million and therefor our energy needs are small compared to land mass (which is plenty)

Nicola should've got Chinese investment and built 10 nuclear plants I suppose then? Payed for it on the never never?

And by the way, my work takes me from Kinlochbervie to Eyemouth, Wick to Stranraer, and everything in between. I'm well aware of the impact that a few windfarms harm the aesthetics of the land, if you're a snow flake. Were they moaning about it when the Dutch had mills way back 100 years ago?

1 - For a start 90% of economic wealth is generated internally.

What?

2-Have you realised the population growth in edinburgh.

Yes I realise that Edinburgh is predicted to grow.

(It's Edinburgh by the way, not edinburgh")

3-Theres also future wealth.

I am not sure what this is supposed to mean, but will you lend me a ?1000 pounds, which I will repay with future wealth please?

4-Water is a resource which will probably decide future conflict.

This sounds a bit mad.

5-Its a fact that wealthy well educated english are moving to Scotland.

So prove it.

6-We are a lawful and fair society in the main and have expertise in law and medicine with decent infrastrusture.

Which infrastructure? The decent one? or the indecent one that London has denied us.

7-If we move to a highly educated high earning small country with a banking system that reflects our wealth.

If, if, if, if, if prosper. That is a lot of ifs.

It isn't a plan is it? It's one of many potential outcomes. Maybe you believe in unicorns though.

8-I can if you like give economic models which imo this os achievable.

Aye go on, send me them.

The future is always if.

You ask what?

Please realise reality.

Edinburgh edindinburgh edinburgh.

Are you another twat not getting the gist and concentrating on the lack of grammar.

Future wealth is something that if you are arguing against future prospects you should know about.

It considers population movement resource and quality of life.

Including past records of law freedoms and the ability of populace to determine itself.

(Earl the fud take note)

Scotland would be able to borrow.

And if it chose to would be judged by risk.

If its banks chose to lend and offset for infrastructure based on its population and current trends it would be favourable.

Im fact its financial risk would be minimised because it would be less inclined for gamble.

Yeah a bit mad like paying for different kinds of bottled water 20 years ago.

Or that the worlds population makes more demand on the water available.

Which if you check is pretty much the same as was.

I was born live and work in Edinburgh.

Since then the population has grew 5 fold much of which has been english.

They have added to a great place to be.

We are a nation of 5 million and therefor our energy needs are small compared to land mass (which is plenty)

Nicola should've got Chinese investment and built 10 nuclear plants I suppose then? Payed for it on the never never?

And by the way, my work takes me from Kinlochbervie to Eyemouth, Wick to Stranraer, and everything in between. I'm well aware of the impact that a few windfarms harm the aesthetics of the land, if you're a snow flake. Were they moaning about it when the Dutch had mills way back 100 years ago?

This oil malarky is like arguing for steam engines in 1917.

Its a dying energy source fought for and protected by interested parties.

Its a joke that pro union can think they have the upper hand on energy.

Please tell me pro union people your argument against independence via energy.

It is a joke

Space Mackerel

It is a joke

Oil will still be a valuable resource, I think you under estimate the amount of products that they are derived from.

Thunderstruck

Still no answer to the earlier question.

I'll take this post as indicating that you didn't do the suggested reading or viewing. Did you struggle with the concept of Intermittency?

Incidentally, the total output from wind farms in the U.K. is, at this point in time, 4.5 GW (22:25z today) and is marginally above the yearly average of circa 4GW.

There is, therefore, a good bit of real estate left to grab to meet the aim of "being self-sufficient in Green Energy" and, even then, you still need an equivalent capacity in baseload on spinning standby to avoid blackouts.

Space Mackerel

Still no answer to the earlier question.

I'll take this post as indicating that you didn't do the suggested reading or viewing. Did you struggle with the concept of Intermittency?

Incidentally, the total output from wind farms in the U.K. is, at this point in time, 4.5 GW (22:25z today) and is marginally above the yearly average of circa 4GW.

There is, therefore, a good bit of real estate left to grab to meet the aim of "being self-sufficient in Green Energy" and, even then, you still need an equivalent capacity in baseload on spinning standby to avoid blackouts.

I'm not bothered about UK output as you seem obsessed, I'm bothered about the Scottish policies going forward.

And I'll think you'll find there was a day last year when Scotland met ALL its energy needs through renewables, it was in the news.

I can't be bothered getting a link as you well know it happened.

And why does the UK want to hang on to us when we are so shite at everything, what's the reason they are so desperate?

Thunderstruck

It is a joke

You might want to re-read the White Paper. "Independence" wasn't to extend to Energy Supply.

There is still no coherent notion of what an independent Scotland's Energy Policy would be.

Perhaps it is just as well that the Indy Dream is receding.

Thunderstruck

I'm not bothered about UK output as you seem obsessed, I'm bothered about the Scottish policies going forward.

And I'll think you'll find there was a day last year when Scotland met ALL its energy needs through renewables, it was in the news.

I can't be bothered getting a link as you well know it happened.

And why does the UK want to hang on to us when we are so shite at everything, what's the reason they are so desperate?

You should be bothered by the UK data as Scotland accounts for only a fraction of that. Remember that the 4GW includes wind farms in England including a number of very large offshore sites.

There was one day, 1 day out if 366, when wind energy exceeded demand. Could you now explain what happened on the other 365.

Could you explain what happened on the half dozen days this year to date when wind energy was zero or negligible. Where did the juice for your lifestyle come from on those days.

Oil will still be a valuable resource, I think you under estimate the amount of products that they are derived from.

Its stored .

Its fought for.

But its not the future space.

Its not the kiddie.

Doesnt count anymore

And Scotland certainly doesn't need its value.

Space Mackerel

You should be bothered by the UK data as Scotland accounts for only a fraction of that. Remember that the 4GW includes wind farms in England including a number of very large offshore sites.

There was one day, 1 day out if 366, when wind energy exceeded demand. Could you now explain what happened on the other 365.

Could you explain what happened on the half dozen days this year to date when wind energy was zero or negligible. Where did the juice for your lifestyle come from on those days.

I'm not bothered about UK data.

We had to go cap in hand to England? Like we always do?

It's like we have just discovered electrikery in 2017 even though a Scot invented it.

Scotland is shite, that's why the UK is desperate for us to stay [emoji2]

Space Mackerel

Its stored .

Its fought for.

But its not the future space.

Its not the kiddie.

Doesnt count anymore

And Scotland certainly doesn't need its value.

Oil is a finite resource, no idea what the rest of your post is about.

The Earth is due to be engulfed in a Supernova in 4-5 billion years, may as well give up now then?

Oil is a finite resource, no idea what the rest of your post is about.

The Earth is due to be engulfed in a Supernova in 4-5 billion years, may as well give up now then?

The uk wants us to stay because.

WATER.

LAND MASS

NATURAL RESOURCE.

fracking buddy .

Not oil .

I hate calling you buddy.

Space Mackerel

The uk wants us to stay because.

WATER.

LAND MASS

NATURAL RESOURCE.

fracking buddy .

Not oil .

I hate calling you buddy.

Aw jake, I ain't no wee snowflake

A bit like this map?

7f4ab34c13add2567811be8f001e5703.jpg

Thunderstruck

I'm not bothered about UK data.

We had to go cap in hand to England? Like we always do?

It's like we have just discovered electrikery in 2017 even though a Scot invented it.

I'll leave you alone on power supply as it's clearly not something you are going to grasp. You can mull over the fact that windmills are closer to kinetic sculpture than useful energy providers as you drive by en-route from Kinlochbervie to Eyemouth. The only thing they are good a farming is subsidy - making the rich richer.

Anyhow... Fracking -yes/no aye/naw?

I'll leave you alone on power supply as it's clearly not something you are going to grasp. You can mull over the fact that windmills are closer to kinetic sculpture than useful energy providers as you drive by en-route from Kinlochbervie to Eyemouth. The only thing they are good a farming is subsidy - making the rich richer.

Anyhow... Fracking -yes/no aye/naw?

Anybody says yes to fracking is an imbecile.

Power supply is currently not a good argument for uionists.

Please lets have factual argument if we are really concerned and not dogmatic

Thunderstruck

Anybody says yes to fracking is an imbecile.

Power supply is currently not a good argument for uionists.

Please lets have factual argument if we are really concerned and not dogmatic

Waiting to hear if Spacey is for or against Fracking.

"Power Supply is not a good argument for Unionists"? An interesting take on things but maybe you will succeed where Spacey has failed in explaining the plans for secure energy supply for Scotland. I'm sure there is a long-term plan for nuclear or CCGT plants to provide reliable 24/7 electrical energy.

I you want facts, view the video I linked earlier or read David McKay's "Energy Without the Hot Air".

I'm sure you must have been referring to Separatists when you mention dogma.

"Power Supply is not a good argument for Unionists"? An interesting take on things but maybe you will succeed where Spacey has failed in explaining the plans for secure energy supply for Scotland. I'm sure there is a long-term plan for nuclear or CCGT plants to provide reliable 24/7 electrical energy.

I you want facts, view the video I linked earlier or read David McKay's "Energy Without the Hot Air".

Its a question that relevant for most nations.

And its expected that power cuts are coming in the next year or three.

This is a problem independent or not.

In fact its already one not being addressd by Scotland

Not because of indy but care to look at future energy national planning.

Please im not a flag waver.

But scotland is being placed for reliability to offset natural resource.

Its factually simple.

Space Mackerel

I'm against fracking, I don't see the need for it given our small population. After all we are too wee to worry about it given the Yoon rhetoric.

But never mind, guess you must have missed this story that was announced in Feb. It's been given the green light.

http://grebeproject.eu/2017/02/24/new-norway-scotland-electricity-cable-proposed/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-39080305

Edited by Space Mackerel