Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Space Mackerel

Not only up here. They will get pummelled down south as well as UKIP move in to capture the votes in the industrial heartlands. UKIP are excellent campaigners and I think they will lose votes back to the Tories but gain from Labour if they play it right.

I think UKIP have been deliberately muzzled with the Torys going for a hard Brexit. They would surely have lost thousands or millions of votes if they had gone for a soft Brexit.

Saying that, I can see UKIP doing what the SNP have done up here over time, as long as one of Farages men isn't brought up in the MSM for laundering drug money on the dark web. The nephew of a Tory peer no less.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/03/ukip-volunteer-faces-20-years-jail-admitting-attempted-dark/

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've yet to see an anti English post on this thread apart from aussie who I believe is winding yous up and you bite. I follow loads of social media pro Independent pages on FB and never see any either, in fact, it's usually a Yoony coming on and doing all the WJK and to poor, too wee, too stupid comments. Just read one now on the Nationals page, who was quickly shot down by someone saying grow up and engage in debate.

And as for kids from Newcastle not turning up, maybe re-evaluate your teaching methods, get a bit more hip and down with them. I've skied since I was 12, some of these instructors are a bit posh and snobby if you ask me.

Seriously, is there anything you haven't done, with bells on?

Someone mentions something, on any thread, and you've done it.

Is there any kind of employment where you aren't good friends with someone who is an expert in that field?

I surely can't be the only one to have noticed this, and I don't particularly spend much time on here.

For someone who's what, in their 40's, you've been and seen and done some stuff, all with Tiffany cufflinks on!!

Space Mackerel

Is there any kind of employment where you aren't good friends with someone who is an expert in that field?

I surely can't be the only one to have noticed this, and I don't particularly spend much time on here.

For someone who's what, in their 40's, you've been and seen and done some stuff, all with Tiffany cufflinks on!!

I take it you can't ski? What a wee shame.

I'm sure deeside will be willing to teach you.

Space Mackerel

SM may, or may not, be able to ski but he can certainly fish !

Don't let Adams jealousy get in the way of facts :)

He probably went to school in Newcastle.

You're above that moronic argument mate.

It's the logical conclusion of Space Mackerel's argument.

Money spent on roads in Kent may benefit Scottish business by allowing easier transport of their goods. Power lines in Sutherland will carry ebergy from a hydro plant onto the grid to light homes in Wales.

The benefit of political union - be it Scotland or UK wide - is coordination via democratically elected bodies.

Trapper John McIntyre

Replicant Spunky Monkey Batty has seen it all.

Space Mackerel

Money spent on roads in Kent may benefit Scottish business by allowing easier transport of their goods. Power lines in Sutherland will carry ebergy from a hydro plant onto the grid to light homes in Wales.

The benefit of political union - be it Scotland or UK wide - is coordination via democratically elected bodies.

With that logic then the A9 should've been dualled 20-30 years ago.

Here's Boris explaining why we are a second thought up here. 30 seconds long.

Trapper John McIntyre

Leading Better Together campaigner jumping ship today.

How's it go? Tick tock, mintit?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14722018.Leading_Better_Together_campaigner_calls_for_indyref2_to_end_austerity/?ref=twtrec

Your clock is fecked.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/01/27/why-have-polls-not-shown-shift-towards-scottish-in/

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

Trapper John McIntyre

See if you were the slightest bit funny OR intelligent I would engage with you, but you're neither. :)

Time (for the Natz dream) to Die.

manaliveits105

SNP do not have a feckin clue - the games up the pole as far as they are concerned - we are reapin the benefit of Sturgeon cutting nurses in Scotland when she was Health minister - they are telling fibs as regards the Trade figures - they still dont know what currency an indy Scotland would use - Oil is fecked - but its ok the auld nawbags are dyin aff .

Still don't see how building an extra runway at Heathrow benefits Scotland's economy, as the goods still have to be transported down there.

Building an extra runway at Edinburgh or Glasgow Airports, well that would be a different story.

The guy is an absolute Fantasist

Indeed he claims to be mega-loaded yet cleans his own ovies.  Also mentions when tools are nicked from the back of his van so his claim to be an international mega-rich investor with worldwide funds seems a bit odd.

He makes it up.  Single guy living in fantasy world.

Still don't see how building an extra runway at Heathrow benefits Scotland's economy, as the goods still have to be transported down there.

Building an extra runway at Edinburgh or Glasgow Airports, well that would be a different story.

Not really.   If you build an extra runway in Scotland do you think there would immediately be direct flights to all over the world?  No.  The Scottish exports (mostly whisky) would still go via Heathrow to Japan, South Africa, Australia, Rio, Sydney, New York etc etc.    So a third runway at Heathrow would make that easier and a second runway in Scotland would not.

Space Mackerel

Love an ice cool can of Fanta in the summer. The lemon one is better though. How did you know that?

Thunderstruck

Not really. If you build an extra runway in Scotland do you think there would immediately be direct flights to all over the world? No. The Scottish exports (mostly whisky) would still go via Heathrow to Japan, South Africa, Australia, Rio, Sydney, New York etc etc. So a third runway at Heathrow would make that easier and a second runway in Scotland would not.

We already have the runway capacity to host large aircraft with good range - the A350 and B787 are designed specifically to bring such airports into play and bypass hubs. Stands and terminal capacity are a limitation as is access (rail link -that would have helped).

Flattening Linwood to make way for and expanded Glasgow airport does have a certain attraction although.

Not really.   If you build an extra runway in Scotland do you think there would immediately be direct flights to all over the world?  No.  The Scottish exports (mostly whisky) would still go via Heathrow to Japan, South Africa, Australia, Rio, Sydney, New York etc etc.    So a third runway at Heathrow would make that easier and a second runway in Scotland would not.

We already have the runway capacity to host large aircraft with good range - the A350 and B787 are designed specifically to bring such airports into play and bypass hubs. Stands and terminal capacity are a limitation as is access (rail link -that would have helped).

Flattening Linwood to make way for and expanded Glasgow airport does have a certain attraction although.

Both of you make reasonable points.

jambos are go!

Love an ice cool can of Fanta in the summer. The lemon one is better though. How did you know that?

Having read your posts are you sure its not Coke you prefer?

Arnold Rothstein

Indeed he claims to be mega-loaded yet cleans his own ovies.  Also mentions when tools are nicked from the back of his van so his claim to be an international mega-rich investor with worldwide funds seems a bit odd.

He makes it up.  Single guy living in fantasy world.

Makes more in an hour than you make in a month mate.

Both sides have their dingbats, granted.

And no I didn't see the George Sq thing- but that, presumably is Glasgow sectarianism disguised as "unionism"

Sadly referenda bring out the worst in people - as we are seeing over Brexit- politicians dividing and ruling

In Scotland the "independence" agenda has meant the SNP have managed to get away with some incredible mismanagement of the economy, NHS, Social care and education for the last 10 years and continue to do so.

The conservatives did the same in England with "Brexit"

Its a distraction from the real issues- and they are STILL doing it

Divide and conquer

"Both sides have their dingbats!".

Only one side has people like this and there are tens, if not hundreds of thousands of them.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE32ZW2sA7U

It is very difficult to deny them as your average NO voter. It's not sectarianism disguised as Unionism it is the same thing. It was they, with their 17th century views that won the referendum for No and it was also they who intimidated and stifled debate.

I noticed you were unable to substantiate your claim that the "independence" agenda has meant the SNP have managed to get away with some incredible mismanagement of the economy, NHS, Social care and education for the last 10 years and continue to do so.  I'd like you to give an example of this incredible mismanagement of the economy

You are a self proclaimed Tory voter voicing concern about the NHS. I assume you think health care will be better in private hands.

Trapper John McIntyre

Makes more in an hour than you make in a month mate.

Unacceptable face of capitalism.

SNP do not have a feckin clue - the games up the pole as far as they are concerned - we are reapin the benefit of Sturgeon cutting nurses in Scotland when she was Health minister - they are telling fibs as regards the Trade figures - they still dont know what currency an indy Scotland would use - Oil is fecked - but its ok the auld nawbags are dyin aff .

Third largest party in Britain,they don't have a clue,Oh really.:)

Arnold Rothstein

"Both sides have their dingbats!".

Only one side has people like this and there are tens, if not hundreds of thousands of them.

It is very difficult to deny them as your average NO voter. It's not sectarianism disguised as Unionism it is the same thing. It was they, with their 17th century views that won the referendum for No and it was also they who intimidated and stifled debate.

A belief that Scotland should remain part of the UK is sectarian now is it? That's quite a statement. If you really think the average no voter is a union flag waving Rangers fan then you really need to get out more.

Surely if we have a second Indy vote then that would add to the uncertainty of brexit making a double uncertainty which would be quite bad for Scotland.

Shouldn't we wait and see how brexit goes and after say 10 years if it's a disaster we then have an Indy vote? Doesn't that make sense instead of compounding uncertainty with more uncertainty?

What if brexit is good for Britain.

Space Mackerel

Surely if we have a second Indy vote then that would add to the uncertainty of brexit making a double uncertainty which would be quite bad for Scotland.

Shouldn't we wait and see how brexit goes and after say 10 years if it's a disaster we then have an Indy vote? Doesn't that make sense instead of compounding uncertainty with more uncertainty?

What if brexit is good for Britain.

Scotland would be even more "too wee, too poor, too stupid" by then.

Scotland's Government backs a Third Rubway at Heathrow as they view it as a gateway for the world to Scotland. More long haul international flights with follow ons to Edinburgh.

Tend to agree though that Edinburgh should build a second runway. But Scotland needs to rationalise its airports.

Space Mackerel

Sturgeon and Scottish government ministers very quiet about Trumps antics today.

We are too wee, too poor and too stupid to count, pointless making any contribution to world geo political happenings. We know our place.

Arnold Rothstein

We are too wee, too poor and too stupid to count, pointless making any contribution to world geo political happenings. We know our place.

This patter is cracking btw.

A belief that Scotland should remain part of the UK is sectarian now is it? That's quite a statement. If you really think the average no voter is a union flag waving Rangers fan then you really need to get out more.

I've lived amongst these people most of my life. Almost every utterance they make is a bigoted one. The ones who do not attend Rangers games exhibit the same attitudes. The chaps at the golf club and the ladies of the coffee morning circuit are the same and like nothing better than to call AS or NS names and never tire of telling each other how bad Scotland is and how stupid our people are.

I'm not voting for Indy because I don't like Salmond they said but what they meant was I'm not voting for indy because Scotland would then be run by Scots who are inherently inferior to the English which is exactly the same bigotry as shown in the films. Heaven forbid it might be that someone from social class D or E might find themselves in a position of power.

You know many equate the SNP with the IRA and anti Britishness in general yet this is nothing more than a convenient manufacture to express your loyalism and British nationalism. The press very keen to promote this notion. Just look at the comments on here and you will find sentiments and phrasing like those in the film.

These people in the films  won the referendum for NO. Its pathetic to cite YES voters as coming from social classes D and E, as if this diminished their vote in some way especially when you remember where the core vote for No comes from. I'm afraid that for many it is sectarian and very obviously so. 

Trapper John McIntyre

I've lived amongst these people most of my life. Almost every utterance they make is a bigoted one. The ones who do not attend Rangers games exhibit the same attitudes. The chaps at the golf club and the ladies of the coffee morning circuit are the same and like nothing better than to call AS or NS names and never tire of telling each other how bad Scotland is and how stupid our people are.

I'm not voting for Indy because I don't like Salmond they said but what they meant was I'm not voting for indy because Scotland would then be run by Scots who are inherently inferior to the English which is exactly the same bigotry as shown in the films. Heaven forbid it might be that someone from social class D or E might find themselves in a position of power.

You know many equate the SNP with the IRA and anti Britishness in general yet this is nothing more than a convenient manufacture to express your loyalism and British nationalism. The press very keen to promote this notion. Just look at the comments on here and you will find sentiments and phrasing like those in the film.

These people in the films  won the referendum for NO. Its pathetic to cite YES voters as coming from social classes D and E, as if this diminished their vote in some way especially when you remember where the core vote for No comes from. I'm afraid that for many it is sectarian and very obviously so. 

Deluded and brainwashed. Classic cult mentality. 

I've lived amongst these people most of my life. Almost every utterance they make is a bigoted one. The ones who do not attend Rangers games exhibit the same attitudes. The chaps at the golf club and the ladies of the coffee morning circuit are the same and like nothing better than to call AS or NS names and never tire of telling each other how bad Scotland is and how stupid our people are.

You know many equate the SNP with the IRA and anti Britishness in general yet this is nothing more than a convenient manufacture to express your loyalism and British nationalism. The press very keen to promote this notion. Just look at the comments on here and you will find sentiments and phrasing like those in the film.

These people in the films won the referendum for NO. Its pathetic to cite YES voters as coming from social classes D and E, as if this diminished their vote in some way especially when you remember where the core vote for No comes from. I'm afraid that for many it is sectarian and very obviously so.

You have attacked others on here for use of anecdotal evidence to back up claims and you do so here with impunity.

I would suggest, modestly and politely, that it is views such as these which are preventing the Yes side from picking up further support.

To win you must engage with and convince people yours is the right path through reasoned argument, perhaps even those who are genuinely bigotted. To claim you lost the last vote because of this would be to put your head in a bucket to the wider reasoning behind that defeat and to not learn where to do things right the next time.

Arnold Rothstein

The average man won the referendum for no. No voters are normal people (the majority of people you walk past in the street who cast a vote in the referendum btw) who might just not like the proposed division of their country. Plain and simple. 

You have a massive chip on your shoulder. 

How what's Linwood done?

I've lived amongst these people most of my life. Almost every utterance they make is a bigoted one. The ones who do not attend Rangers games exhibit the same attitudes. The chaps at the golf club and the ladies of the coffee morning circuit are the same and like nothing better than to call AS or NS names and never tire of telling each other how bad Scotland is and how stupid our people are.

You know many equate the SNP with the IRA and anti Britishness in general yet this is nothing more than a convenient manufacture to express your loyalism and British nationalism. The press very keen to promote this notion. Just look at the comments on here and you will find sentiments and phrasing like those in the film.

These people in the films won the referendum for NO. Its pathetic to cite YES voters as coming from social classes D and E, as if this diminished their vote in some way especially when you remember where the core vote for No comes from. I'm afraid that for many it is sectarian and very obviously so.

http://www.democraticaudit.com/2015/10/17/sectarianism-in-scotland-is-about-the-hard-politics-of-difference/

Figures back up your view.

Im not so sure, maybe i hope its not that.

http://www.democraticaudit.com/2015/10/17/sectarianism-in-scotland-is-about-the-hard-politics-of-difference/

Figures back up your view.

Im not so sure, maybe i hope its not that.

"In last year?s Independence Referendum, Catholics were far more likely than Protestants to vote Yes, by 55 per cent, compared with 2:1 against on the Protestant side. This may be an artifact, because Protestants tend to be older and more middle class, and so ?religion? may simply be a proxy for other social factors. We cannot separate out ?religion? in its theological guise from the characteristics of its social practitioners. Thus, the voting habits and social attitudes of Catholics seem to have more to do with their social and historic status as outsiders in Scotland than with theological beliefs."

If anything the article suggests it's in name only and more to do with extenuating social circumstances than Coco's suggestion of bigotry.