Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Oh look, the Scottish Government never borrowed a penny in 2015, lived within its means.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-34426237

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pedantry coming.......no they didn't - they spent every last penny they were given ( a disproportionately high figure) inc their share of UK borrowing ( again higher than any other part)

Had they lived within their means they would have spent no more than the denizens of Scotland paid into the UK exchequer.

They didnt

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pedantry coming.......no they didn't - they spent every last penny they were given ( a disproportionately high figure) inc their share of UK borrowing ( again higher than any other part)

Had they lived within their means they would have spent no more than the denizens of Scotland paid into the UK exchequer.

They didn't

Yes the did. The figures state exactly what the got and spent.

What you wont find in ANY figures is the billions squirreled away by the UK government taken from Scotland and dressed up as 'UK Income'.

Yes the did. The figures state exactly what the got and spent.

What you wont find in ANY figures is the billions squirreled away by the UK government taken from Scotland and dressed up as 'UK Income'.

You suggesting that Scotland is running at a budget surplus?

Not even the SNP are claiming that one..........................................

The country is running at a deficit.

The SNP could, so they choose, explain how post Indy, we would no longer be running at a deficit.

If they did, I might vote for them

But they cant.

IN fact in the last ref they could not even tell me what currency I would have

So there's about 180ish + independent countries in the world but Scotland cant be one because as has been argued on this very page, it cant afford it (But staying in a union that ?2Tn in debt is OK though).

The country that gave the world:

The Telephone

The Flushing Toilet

The Pedal Bycicle

Whisky

Television

The Fax Machine

The Pneumatic Tyre

Radio

Radar

Penicilln

The Hypodermic Needle

Typhoid Vaccine

Mammal Cloning (Dolly)

Criminal Fingerprinting

Colour Photography

The Refrigerator

Golf

Tar Roads

The Raincoat

The US Navy and the BANK of ENGLAND

This wee country, cannot be independent but over 180+ countries can be. Why is that exactly?

Edited by Pans Jambo

You suggesting that Scotland is running at a budget surplus?

Not even the SNP are claiming that one..........................................

The country is running at a deficit.

The SNP could, so they choose, explain how post Indy, we would no longer be running at a deficit.

If they did, I might vote for them

But they cant.

IN fact in the last ref they could not even tell me what currency I would have

Aye I agree with you on the currency thing. Salmond made a pigs ear of that one. He should have just said its the Scottish pound and that's that!

Arnold Rothstein

So there's about 180ish + independent countries in the world but Scotland cant be one because as has been argued on this very page, it cant afford it (But staying in a union that ?2Tn in debt is OK though).

The Telephone

The Flushing Toilet

The Pedal Bycicle

Whisky

Television

The Fax Machine

The Pneumatic Tyre

Radio

Radar

Penicilln

The Hypodermic Needle

Typhoid Vaccine

Mammal Cloning (Dolly)

Criminal Fingerprinting

Colour Photography

The Refrigerator

Golf

Tar Roads

The Raincoat

This wee country, cannot be independent but over 180+ countries can be. Why is that exactly?

I think the majority of No voters realise Scotland could go it alone but have no desire for it to do so. I certainly fall into that category.

The Telephone

The Flushing Toilet

The Pedal Bycicle

Whisky

Television

The Fax Machine

The Pneumatic Tyre

Radio

Radar

Penicilln

The Hypodermic Needle

Typhoid Vaccine

Mammal Cloning (Dolly)

Criminal Fingerprinting

Colour Photography

The Refrigerator

Golf

Tar Roads

The Raincoat

This wee country, cannot be independent but over 180+ countries can be. Why is that exactly?

We did all of those things as part of the Union.

Certainly we could survive independently- of course we could- but it would be a real mess for a while, and I don't want that

See how Brexit goes with the return of our fishing fleet and independent UK trade deals, and UK energy policy etc

if it all goes wrong then yep Indy has my support

Space Mackerel

Certainly we could survive independently- of course we could- but it would be a real mess for a while, and I don't want that

See how Brexit goes with the return of our fishing fleet and independent UK trade deals, and UK energy policy etc

Oh it's going to wrong alright, most people wth a modicum of common sense can see that.

Oh it's going to wrong alright, most people wth a modicum of common sense can see that.

so UK independence and UK nationalism = bad 

UK leaving a Union is REALLY bad

but Scottish Nationalism= good

Scotland leaving a Union= good

Glad I don't have your level of common sense

Rudolf's Mate

How many points?

Space Mackerel

As far as I'm aware, the UK was pretty independent before Brexit. You just swallowed a load of Red White n Blue xenophobic bollocks.

OK but which ones benefited from assistance from our overlords in London? The US Navy perhaps?

Well see theres another misconception from the No leaning folks.

Scotland controls around 30% of itself and 70% is reserved to Westminster.

As part of the EU, the UK balance of power is around 95% to the UK and only around 5% to the EU

Scotland is not in a union or an equal partner at only 30% is it?

The brexit vote was due to Xenophobia and lies. Theres no way we will have ?30Million extra a day (or whatever the figure was claimed to be during the run up to the Brexit vote) to spend on the NHS (in any case the Tories are trying their best to privatise it anyway) It was all a load of pish and England sucked it up. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Space Mackerel

The Yoonys on here have been into "alternative facts" well before that blonde bird in the US coined the phrase. :lol:

As part of the EU, the UK balance of power is around 95% to the UK and only around 5% to the EU

The brexit vote was due to Xenophobia and lies. Theres no way we will have ?30Million extra a day (or whatever the figure was claimed to be during the run up to the Brexit vote) to spend on the NHS (in any case the Tories are trying their best to privatise it anyway) It was all a load of pish and England sucked it up. 

British Nationalism= BAD

English Nationalism = BAD

American Nationalism= BAD

French Nationalism =BAD

Italian Nationalism = BAD

Greek Nationalism - BAD

Irish Nationalism- incredibly BAD

German Nationalism = BAD

Russian Nationalism = BAD

Scottish Nationalism - Good

So when UK votes for independence its based on xenophobia and lies,

but the SNP campaign was run on honey and pixie dust

Francis Albert

And those who voted Remain (not just English, but a lot of Scots) presumably sucked up the prediction that a Leave vote would plunge us into immediate recession and new austerity measures, with accompanying rise in unemployment and everyone being thousands of pounds worse off.

You can make up stuff about the Leave vote for as long as you like, but Leave won. Get over it.

And the great hope (that had Salmond purring and smugly grinning after the result) that it would boost support for Scottish independence has simply not materialised.

Edited by Francis Albert

British Nationalism= AWESOME

English Nationalism = GOOD

American Nationalism= GOOD

French Nationalism =GOOD

Italian Nationalism = GOOD

Greek Nationalism - GOOD

Irish Nationalism- incredibly GOOD

German Nationalism = GOOD

Russian Nationalism = GOOD

Scottish Nationalism - EXTREMELY BAD!!!

So when UK votes for independence its based on xenophobia and lies,

but the SNP campaign was run on honey and pixie dust

Oh come on DJ!

You know as well as I do the leave campaign for the Brexit vote was wholly negative and was only granted because UKIP and Farrage badgered the Tory back benchers with their poison about immigration and folk stealing all the jobs etc. Then they blatantly lied about the amounts of money we were supposedly send to the EU and what we would spend it on when we stop sending it.

The whole thing was based on immigration and free movement across Europe. The Syrian refugee crisis only added fuel to the fire. You know this to be true. It was based on xenophobia and fear.

The Indy referendum was completely different. The Yes campaign was (on the whole) a positive message whereby (IMO) the No campaign was negative and was rightly called out for what it was. Fear-mongering and to be fair, it had the desired effect as folk sucked it up. Lies too, the Vow, the only way to remain in the EU is to vote no etc.

And by the way, I have fixed your post above to reflect a more accurate truth for you No voters! 

And those who voted Remain (not just English, but a lot of Scots) presumably sucked up the prediction that a Leave vote would plunge us into immediate recession, with accompanying rise in unemployment and everyone being thousands of pounds worse off.

You can make up stuff about the Leave vote for as long as you like, but Leave won. Get over it.

I havent made up anything. Not sure what you are referring to FA.

Yes, I'm aware leave won and to be honest, I couldnt give a shit.

We haven't actually left yet so that recession may still happen in a couple of years who knows. Sterling took a tanking overnight after the vote and I left for Florida the week after so it had a direct affect on me I can tell you that.

Francis Albert

I havent made up anything. Not sure what you are referring to FA.

Yes, I'm aware leave won and to be honest, I couldnt give a shit.

We haven't actually left yet so that recession may still happen in a couple of years who knows. Sterling took a tanking overnight after the vote and I left for Florida the week after so it had a direct affect on me I can tell you that.

You made up the "facts" that Brexit won because of lies and xenophobia, that believing in controlling borders equates to xenophobia, and that the Brexit campaign lied and misled leading to Brexit votes while the Remain campaign's lies and misleading forecasts didn't attract Remain votes.

I was in the States at the time of the vote and took an immediate hit to my pocket - so what?

You made up the "facts" that Brexit won because of lies and xenophobia, that believing in controlling borders equates to xenophobia, and that the Brexit campaign lied and misled leading to Brexit votes while the Remain campaign's lies and misleading forecasts didn't attract Remain votes.

I was in the States at the time of the vote and took an immediate hit to my pocket - so what?

Wait, are you saying the leave campaign was accurate? Even Boris was embarrassed.

I only mentioned Sterling because you said I thought there may be a recession which hasn't happened (yet).

Anyway, as I said, I'm really not bothered about the whole EU thing to be honest.

Francis Albert

Wait, are you saying the leave campaign was accurate? Even Boris was embarrassed.

I only mentioned Sterling because you said I thought there may be a recession which hasn't happened (yet).

Anyway, as I said, I'm really not bothered about the whole EU thing to be honest.

I was saying both campaigns (as with every campaign and increasingly so) were misleading and inaccurate, based on simplistic propaganda not argument, analysis or fact.

Yes campaign positive yes but based on a brigadoon utopia. 600 page White paper that spelled economic disaster for Scotland and no realistic proposals for a currency once we were on our own.

ps - sorry but I haven't had the opportunity to check if W H Smith are now stocking Scottish spring water.

Edited by Stuart Lyon

Yes campaign positive yes but based on a brigadoon utopia. 600 page White paper that spelled economic disaster for Scotland and no realistic proposals for a currency once we were on our own.

ps - sorry but I haven't had the opportunity to check if W H Smith are now stocking Scottish spring water.

The currency this was folly as I said in an earlier post above but can you elaborate on the 600 pages and why it spelled an economic disaster? Not sure that can be qualified. More like an opinion.

Anyway, that was the SNP's vision which a lot of folk disagreed with and maybe would not have been policy if Yes had won and they were not returned to power in an Indy Scotland. We will not know until the next referendum. 

All the campaigns were packed with lies and mistruths.

Both sides were horrific

Both lacked vision

Both used intimidation

I don't believe any of the feckers

As soon as I see someone with a real vision- a currency and a viable plan, I'll vote for them.

Brexit saddens me- I see myself as European- I love France, Italy, Spain, Germany and so on- but Europe is a mess, the Euro is a mess that has made my trips to these places so much more expensive

Immigration is a real issue there.

Its a tinderbox, and has been since 2008

Independence for Scotland at present would mean shackling ourselves to the Italian banks and the German economy. No ta.

If its indy- its full indy- our own currency , outside the EU, and a Republic to boot.

Both sides were horrific

Both lacked vision

Both used intimidation

As soon as I see someone with a real vision- a currency and a viable plan, I'll vote for them.

Brexit saddens me- I see myself as European- I love France, Italy, Spain, Germany and so on- but Europe is a mess, the Euro is a mess that has made my trips to these places so much more expensive

Independence for Scotland at present would mean shackling ourselves to the Italian banks and the German economy. No ta.

If its indy- its full indy- our own currency , outside the EU, and a Republic to boot.

Not a lot there to argue against to be fair.

Both sides were horrific

Both lacked vision

Both used intimidation

Spot on, if we go for Independence we go for full Independence, anything less isn't real Independence.

If Scotland could survive outside of the UK as many on here believe we can, then we as sure as hell can survive outside the EU as well.

They didnt

The Scottish government budget is one third of Scottish revenue, the rest is spent by WM. Usually to fund tax cuts.

The Scottish government doesn't decide on the economy, its job is health, education, agriculture and justice.

Sorry if im mistaken but dont you take skiing classes?

Sorry if im mistaken but dont you take skiing classes?

Yes I do, but not sure what that has to do with my assertion that the "we hate Tory Toffs" banners were used in the areas coined by Brian Cox (not me) as the Schemes.  Both Eck and Nicola were filmed standing on front of the banners. 

Those on this thread will deny that happened of course, but there you go.  It was a crass attempt to influence those in predominantly DE areas to vote based on hatred of Tories instead of a positive campaign on the issues.

Hate to say it but this thread is a waste of time. The following can safely be said

1) Posters such as Space M and others who support the SNP will never change their opinion and will back the SNP regardless of what they actually achieve or fail to achieve.

2) Posters such as Mars P and Deeside will never support the SNP and will never change their opinion regardless of what they actually achieve or fail to achieve.

3) aussieh will continue to post utter drivel that would embarrass a 5 year old and make up words. When he dies, he can have mintit inscribed on his tombstone. No-one will understand what it means.

Brexit is that a made up word, if people did make up words we'd be, let me see what's the word for it. Dumb.

Any way, Mintit, sortit, merrit ur aw guid Scots wurds.

Brexit is that a made up word, if people did make up words we'd be, let me see what's the word for it. Dumb.

You made up the word Britland so what does that make you? Dumber? Edited by Mister T

Space Mackerel

Yes I do, but not sure what that has to do with my assertion that the "we hate Tory Toffs" banners were used in the areas coined by Brian Cox (not me) as the Schemes.  Both Eck and Nicola were filmed standing on front of the banners. 

Those on this thread will deny that happened of course, but there you go.  It was a crass attempt to influence those in predominantly DE areas to vote based on hatred of Tories instead of a positive campaign on the issues.

By your own admission, you are a bit of a Tory toff are you not?

Saying that street urchins are poorer skiing learners than the bairns from Fettes.

You made up the word Britland so what does that make you? Dumber?

It should've read didn't, is that ok, I made a mistake. Shit, more proof Scots can't do anything.

Brexit is that a made up word, if people didn't make up words we'd be, let me see what's the word for it. Dumb.

sortit

Saying that street urchins are poorer skiing learners than the bairns from Fettes.

Here SM, did u see this, me neither.

More lies, fake news, propaganda.

Show us the photos.

Space Mackerel

I don't really get what your trying to say. For a start not everyone from those countries views themselves as whatever country you listed off. Whilst, you have no point surely we all want the best whether that is Edinburgh, Scotland, European or world. You are viewing at nationalistic as your driver is Scotland only. You jump immediately to country; not political, social, economic but straght to country to create your divide.

I'm surprised you don't view yourself as nationalistic. Granted a football forum, is a nonsense to make an informed opinion, but you appear very nationalistic. That's not a criticism just an observation.

As for snp or anyone else can't blame someone else if info occurs. You do understand one of the basic principals of politics. Blame someone else! Do you seriously think standards would improve as Westminster wasn't to blame? Your being very niave imo.

Why will standards improve? Will politicians work harder? Will they become smarter? Will become more in tune with constinancy. How do they suddenly jump to an improved level? They will still be held accountable by the same peopl, their constituency, indi or not.

Youve missed the point completely about austerity. Countries survive very differently from these things and putting yourself into a pearloid economic situation, voluntary, never good.

You can never predict the future but you can way up probability.

To be honest, I've read the last few pages of this thread and remember why don't comment much here now. I respect your opinion, but I doubt very little we're going to change each other's opinion. I think our political views are probably quite wide apart but ultimately I think out view of utopia (if can call it that) would be very similar. Just different ways going about it guess.

Take it easy

I've read this 4 times and have no idea what you're trying to say.

Trapper John McIntyre

I've read this 4 times and have no idea what you're trying to say.

That's a surprise.

Voting Tory once in my life, and that was a tactical vote to try and boot the SNP from my seat will hardly describe me as a Tory Toff. So you talk garbage again.

And yes, I'm out in the Alps teaching again and its the same story. Note I never mentioned Private schools, you did. I have one decent state school from Wolverhampton and one from Newcastle. The difference in behaviour is easy to recognise. The Wolverhampton kids are in general on time and attentive. A fair percentage of the Newcastle kids don't bother turning up. This behaviour is noted by all the instructors, not just me.

And to respond to another poster - I may one day vote for independence if I feel it is right for my family. But at the moment it is driven by grievance politics of hatred of Tories and the English. That approach I despise.

Spot on, if we go for Independence we go for full Independence, anything less isn't real Independence.

If Scotland could survive outside of the UK as many on here believe we can, then we as sure as hell can survive outside the EU as well.

Very curious as to why the pro-independence posters haven't replied to your point on full independence ( it might be you're on their ignore list ;) )

Got to say in amongst the cat fights there are some excellent arguments being made

Space Mackerel

Not a lot of these MP's and MSP's have ended up in court, none I can think of.

Sounds like a load of made up nonsense and an organised smear campaign by the usual suspects.

Space Mackerel

Voting Tory once in my life, and that was a tactical vote to try and boot the SNP from my seat will hardly describe me as a Tory Toff. So you talk garbage again.

And yes, I'm out in the Alps teaching again and its the same story. Note I never mentioned Private schools, you did. I have one decent state school from Wolverhampton and one from Newcastle. The difference in behaviour is easy to recognise. The Wolverhampton kids are in general on time and attentive. A fair percentage of the Newcastle kids don't bother turning up. This behaviour is noted by all the instructors, not just me.

And to respond to another poster - I may one day vote for independence if I feel it is right for my family. But at the moment it is driven by grievance politics of hatred of Tories and the English. That approach I despise.

I've yet to see an anti English post on this thread apart from aussie who I believe is winding yous up and you bite. I follow loads of social media pro Independent pages on FB and never see any either, in fact, it's usually a Yoony coming on and doing all the WJK and to poor, too wee, too stupid comments. Just read one now on the Nationals page, who was quickly shot down by someone saying grow up and engage in debate.

And as for kids from Newcastle not turning up, maybe re-evaluate your teaching methods, get a bit more hip and down with them. I've skied since I was 12, some of these instructors are a bit posh and snobby if you ask me.

I've yet to see an anti English post on this thread apart from aussie who I believe is winding yous up and you bite. I follow loads of social media pro Independent pages on FB and never see any either, in fact, it's usually a Yoony coming on and doing all the WJK and to poor, too wee, too stupid comments. Just read one now on the Nationals page, who was quickly shot down by someone saying grow up and engage in debate.

And as for kids from Newcastle not turning up, maybe re-evaluate your teaching methods, get a bit more hip and down with them. I've skied since I was 12, some of these instructors are a bit posh and snobby if you ask me.

You again assume incorrectly. I am teaching the Wolverhampton kids and it's 5 other Instructurs doing Newcastle. As for Ski Instructors being posh well I grew up in a Council House in Methil and most of the other instructors are smelly scumbags like me.

But you are right that it's Aussie who trolls on the Kill The English mandate.

But the "We will not be ruled by Tory Toffs" banners were displayed in the Schemes to promote hatred and grievance which is why I respond in the way I do. I detest that approach.

Mintit. Tick-Tock etc.

Labour are utterly finished up here now. They are going to be annihilated at the next local elections.

Not only up here. They will get pummelled down south as well as UKIP move in to capture the votes in the industrial heartlands. UKIP are excellent campaigners and I think they will lose votes back to the Tories but gain from Labour if they play it right.

Labour are utterly finished up here now. They are going to be annihilated at the next local elections.

Yep,another win for us.

Kilmarnock East & Hurlford (East Ayshire) result: 25/1/17.

SNP: 48.7% (+2.1)

LAB: 29.4% (-16.6)

CON: 20.1% (+12.7)

LBT: 1.8% (+1.8)