Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Space Mackerel

That's why I referred to it as anecdotal bawbaggery. But at least mine is true unlike your thing about your mate's seriously wealthy wives.

The only thing that's true is that you'll lose the next Indy 2 referendum. You can take that to the bank. The Scottish populace have had enough and not only have the working class woke up, the middle class have too.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only thing that's true is that you'll lose the next Indy 2 referendum. You can take that to the bank. The Scottish populace have had enough and not only have the working class woke up, the middle class have too.

You've given so much of yourself away on here that I know that even if that was true, you'd have no idea if it was or not.

So, when's it happening then? Not this year she's said, maybe next year he said though, yeah?

Space Mackerel

You've given so much of yourself away on here that I know that even if that was true, you'd have no idea if it was or not.

So, when's it happening then? Not this year she's said, maybe next year he said though, yeah?

English please.

Wot R U on abt?

What's wrong with being Scottish and your natural birth?

Nothing. What's that got to do with the constitution?

I live and work in Edinburgh. Inwas born here. Why shoukd my taxes pay for schools in Glasgow, Stornoway, Kilmarnock and Dundee? Independence for Edinburgh imo.

Space Mackerel

I live and work in Edinburgh. Inwas born here. Why shoukd my taxes pay for schools in Glasgow, Stornoway, Kilmarnock and Dundee? Independence for Edinburgh imo.

I always thought taxes were better "spent" if they were mor local?

Seymour M Hersh

I often think Yoonies are a bit like Patrick Star from Spongebob. Live under a rock, gullible and suck in everything they are told to such a point that they actually believe its the truth.

Theres hardly any oil left

We are a equal partner

We are better together

Scotland has a powerhouse government. One of the most powerful on earth

We vow you will have as close to Federalism as is possible

We wont hold back any powers we get from the EU

We will listen to the devolved regions on a brexit deal

Nuclear bombs are a nice things (as long as they are kept in Scotland & they dont go off course and start WW3 with America)

We wont privatize the NHS

We are truly the party of the working people

We are ensuring that companies pay their fair share on tax

We are cutting your bloc grant so heres tax raising powers. Why dont you raise taxes to pay for services? Why is Scotland the highest taxed part of the UK?

We wont close ANY military bases in Scotland

ETC

That's laughable coming from a natz fan. Truly side-splittingly funny. If ever there was a political support that believed anything they were told (without questioning it let alone disagreeing with it) from the leaders it's the SNP. 

That's laughable coming from a natz fan. Truly side-splittingly funny. If ever there was a political support that believed anything they were told (without questioning it let alone disagreeing with it) from the leaders it's the SNP.

Cant say it enough & I know it doesnt suit you or your deluded chums agenda's but AGAIN for the record - I am NOT an SNP supporter. They are a means to an end.

'Side splittingly funny' aye?

Not as funny as:

Scotlands unemployment is slightly up on last quarters figures so what does the DWP do? Close 16 job centres in Scotland thats what! Add that to your comedy material Seymour!

Edited by Pans Jambo

I always thought taxes were better "spent" if they were mor local?

Indeed. So i dont want mine spent outside of Edinburgh. Why should i pay for roads in Nicola Sturgeon's constituency I don't use? Or for hospitals in Aberdeen? I'd rather they were spent where I live. Independence for Edinburgh.

Indeed. So i dont want mine spent outside of Edinburgh. Why should i pay for roads in Nicola Sturgeon's constituency I don't use? Or for hospitals in Aberdeen? I'd rather they were spent where I live. Independence for Edinburgh.

Great point X2 , and get more nurses in the royal and western hospitals.

AlphonseCapone

You're above that moronic argument mate.

AlphonseCapone

Hate to say it but this thread is a waste of time. The following can safely be said

1) Posters such as Space M and others who support the SNP will never change their opinion and will back the SNP regardless of what they actually achieve or fail to achieve.

2) Posters such as Mars P and Deeside will never support the SNP and will never change their opinion regardless of what they actually achieve or fail to achieve.

3) aussieh will continue to post utter drivel that would embarrass a 5 year old and make up words. When he dies, he can have mintit inscribed on his tombstone. No-one will understand what it means.

True. I've had a couple of decent debates on this thread with folk but overall it's a trollfest for zealots on both sides.

Tell you what i give you an A+ for your hatred of poor people.

It shines out you.

Love that groups d+e have found their vote.

Wished they found it more often.

Might get a dose of reality for plums.

Usual misinterpretation. I did not say poor people, you did.

What I do hate is the "We hate Tory Toffs" card played by the SNP into the DE population which is why I respond in the same way towards them.

And whether you like it or not the data repeatedly shows what I posted.

And I am Katie Hopkins.

AlphonseCapone

Without getting into a semantics debate but viewing at a country level is nationalistic.

With regard to Brecht and the sky falling in. That was never happening immediately particularly considering Brecht is 2+ years away. The impact will come following the actual exit. Whilst, we have a bit of transition period the impact is still some way off.

I disagree with your assertion much changes? You think the financial crash and subsequent austerity has affected your average person? If so you must concede not every country suffered the same. The uk came of relatively unscathed compared to many of our European neighbours. Do you think massive youth unemployment some of these countries see effects your average bod?

It a bit clumsy but my point is recession or economical down turn effects people massively. Plus the people effects tend to be the ones who can least afford it. Wealthy people might loose large sums of money but proportionally impact on life is minimally as sufficient wealth your average family get hit much harder and the least well of in society even worse imo.

I disagree. Everyone in countries like France, Germany, Japan etc think of themselves as French, German and Japanese, want to see their very best for their respective countries but not every one of those people would describe themselves as nationalists. Otherwise every country in the world is full of nationalists.

For me, it's the level where I want to see every single decision that impacts me and my surrounds made, and that's at a Scottish level. I don't need a flag or bowl of haggis to feel that way.

Also, since this is an SNP thread, the best thing about independence is that no one, especially the SNP, can just throw their hands up and blame Westminster for anything that goes wrong. That'd be on them 100%, no ready made excuses for failure. That would improve standards imo.

The fiancial crash and austerity of course affected people. Those came about because of a variety of complicated reasons, one of them being globalisation. They never came around because a country went independent or because of brexit, and that was my point, I don't see something as massive as a financial crash or such like that would affect most people occuring in the circumstances. You disagree which is fair enough and you could be right but that's the thing about the economy, folk predict but we never know anything for sure until it happens.

I take your point on Brexit not actually having occurred yet until we leave, I've said that myself. So if things completely mess up etc at that point then I'll of course have to rethink my opinions.

Usual misinterpretation. I did not say poor people, you did.

What I do hate is the "We hate Tory Toffs" card played by the SNP into the DE population which is why I respond in the same way towards them.

And whether you like it or not the data repeatedly shows what I posted.

And I am Katie Hopkins.

I know the data shows what you posted.

You inferred that those votes were not as meaningful and you have form with views on poorer people.

I know the data shows what you posted.

You inferred that those votes were not as meaningful and you have form with views on poorer people.

Do explain my form for poorer people. And I inferred nothing about the votes being notmeaningful.

But I do assert that those casting them generally do it out of hatred for Tories as opposed to a positive reason.

Nicolas Tory Toffs banner was displayed frequently in these areas to play to that mindless xenophobic hatred.

And I have only voted Tory once in my life.

AlphonseCapone

But I do assert that those casting them generally do it out of hatred for Tories as opposed to a positive reason.

Any sort of research or evaluatable evidence for this assertion?

Otherwise you are in no position to get mock offended when people suggest you've got a poor opinion of specific demographics of people.

The middle classes have learned to hide their views from confrontational Nats- we learned it in the last referendum.

Its like no-one admits in public to voting Conservative.

Before the last ref everyone I knew said they would vote "yes",

then after the result came through everyone confessed to voting "no"

The Nats and pro Indy try and make out that voting "No" is somehow not patriotic,, somehow shameful and cowardly, weak.

it is far from it

Indy 2 will fail again

Seymour M Hersh

Cant say it enough & I know it doesnt suit you or your deluded chums agenda's but AGAIN for the record - I am NOT an SNP supporter. They are a means to an end.

'Side splittingly funny' aye?

Not as funny as:

Scotlands unemployment is slightly up on last quarters figures so what does the DWP do? Close 16 job centres in Scotland thats what! Add that to your comedy material Seymour!

Thanks. However, once again in your rant you MISS (you like to capitalise) the important information. Unemployment in Scotland is up. Whose watch is this under? And how is using them as a means to an end (and **** knows what disastrous end you have in mind) by voting for them does not constitute supporting them? 

Thanks. However, once again in your rant you MISS (you like to capitalise) the important information. Unemployment in Scotland is up. Whose watch is this under? And how is using them as a means to an end (and **** knows what disastrous end you have in mind) by voting for them does not constitute supporting them? 

Indeed,

Scottish spending per capita is higher, government funding per capita is higher

yet our economy and unemployment are worse, as is our child health stats and poverty levels

At which point that becomes Westminsters fault is lost on me.

AlphonseCapone

Up on when?

The middle classes have learned to hide their views from confrontational Nats- we learned it in the last referendum.

Its like no-one admits in public to voting Conservative.

Before the last ref everyone I knew said they would vote "yes",

then after the result came through everyone confessed to voting "no"

The Nats and pro Indy try and make out that voting "No" is somehow not patriotic,, somehow shameful and cowardly, weak.

it is far from it

Indy 2 will fail again

Duplicitous Tories, who could have predicted that. 

If it is not "shameful and cowardly, weak" why don't you have the courage of your convictions and argue your points and stand your ground. Why do you deny your beliefs? It couldn't be that it's because those of you who have a semblance of conscience are embarrassed and that those who have little or no conscience are incapable of understanding the complexity of the arguments and have little or no ability to empathise with the difficulties of others less fortunate.

My god, what sort of people would pretend they voted Yes then confess they lied when the results came in.  

BTW Indy2 will not "fail again". Indy 2 will only happen once

Duplicitous Tories, who could have predicted that. 

If it is not "shameful and cowardly, weak" why don't you have the courage of your convictions and argue your points and stand your ground. Why do you deny your beliefs? It couldn't be that it's because those of you who have a semblance of conscience are embarrassed and that those who have little or no conscience are incapable of understanding the complexity of the arguments and have little or no ability to empathise with the difficulties of others less fortunate.

My god, what sort of people would pretend they voted Yes then confess they lied when the results came in.  

BTW Indy2 will not "fail again". Indy 2 will only happen once

The issue is not lack of courage in convictions- arguing with people is pointless.

My political leanings are my business (in the real world)

I have never, for instance had a "no" sticker in the car or driven around with  a Saltire waggling out a window.

What sort of people? Perhaps ones who saw how Scots who are pro-union were treated online by bonkers Nats and simply didn't want the hassle

The issue is not lack of courage in convictions- arguing with people is pointless.

I have never, for instance had a "no" sticker in the car or driven around with  a Saltire waggling out a window.

What sort of people? Perhaps ones who saw how Scots who are pro-union were treated online by bonkers Nats and simply didn't want the hassle

By far the majority of abuse came from the No side. Unless you know different but I doubt it because we've been over this many times before.  Do you not recognise the abuse and insults fired from your side, yourself included on this forum.

Arguing with people is not pointless. people are persuaded by sound argument and the reason many of your ilk repeat this point of view is because as previously stated you have little understanding (see your previous post 1256 where you readily admit this).

What posters you have in your car is neither here nor there. Do you not see the flag waving Britnats, Did you not see the Nazi salutes in George square and young females being abused and intimidated by your side. It is they who are demeaning the debate. So many of them can't articulate what they want to say without a flag and without resorting to violence. I have never seen a saltire waggling out the window of a car but I have seen thousands of England flags on houses and cars and pubs in England and sometimes there are union flags too.

What hassle do you get from online posters if you vote "No"? If you think how you voted is a private matter keep it to yourself. If you pretend to vote one way whilst voting in the opposite maybe you deserve some abuse.

Something else you might consider is that almost all of us who are Indy supporters were unionists not that long ago. Most of us understand that most Scots have some emotional tie to an independent Scotland but accept that the balance of other arguments is not persuasive enough to get people to vote "yes". It is because of this that there is very little abuse from the Yes side but our press has an agenda a bit like Hillsbrough where they told their readers football fans urinated on the dead and stole their wallets. As a football fan I didn't believe it then but I know many who did because of the power and influence of our press.

People generally just want a peaceful life, they don't want the abuse and threats from the internet warriors who target people who believe something different to them, sometimes it's not worth the hassle.

As bad as it is online, sadly some of the threats have manifested themselves into the physical world, so little wonder people are becoming more and more guarded to reveal their beliefs.

Even on here things can get a bit stupid at times, as in 'traitors being dealt with',ffs how embarrassing.

Scotland a land of peace and tolerance, not for some it would seem.

By far the majority of abuse came from the No side. Unless you know different but I doubt it because we've been over this many times before.  Do you not recognise the abuse and insults fired from your side, yourself included on this forum.

Arguing with people is not pointless. people are persuaded by sound argument and the reason many of your ilk repeat this point of view is because as previously stated you have little understanding (see your previous post 1256 where you readily admit this).

What posters you have in your car is neither here nor there. Do you not see the flag waving Britnats, Did you not see the Nazi salutes in George square and young females being abused and intimidated by your side. It is they who are demeaning the debate. So many of them can't articulate what they want to say without a flag and without resorting to violence. I have never seen a saltire waggling out the window of a car but I have seen thousands of England flags on houses and cars and pubs in England and sometimes there are union flags too.

What hassle do you get from online posters if you vote "No"? If you think how you voted is a private matter keep it to yourself. If you pretend to vote one way whilst voting in the opposite maybe you deserve some abuse.

Something else you might consider is that almost all of us who are Indy supporters were unionists not that long ago. Most of us understand that most Scots have some emotional tie to an independent Scotland but accept that the balance of other arguments is not persuasive enough to get people to vote "yes". It is because of this that there is very little abuse from the Yes side but our press has an agenda a bit like Hillsbrough where they told their readers football fans urinated on the dead and stole their wallets. As a football fan I didn't believe it then but I know many who did because of the power and influence of our press.

Both sides have their dingbats, granted.

And no I didn't see the George Sq thing- but that, presumably is Glasgow sectarianism disguised as "unionism"

Sadly referenda bring out the worst in people - as we are seeing over Brexit- politicians dividing and ruling

In Scotland the "independence" agenda has meant the SNP have managed to get away with some incredible mismanagement of the economy, NHS, Social care and education for the last 10 years and continue to do so.

The conservatives did the same in England with "Brexit"

Its a distraction from the real issues- and they are STILL doing it

Divide and conquer

Space Mackerel

Both sides have their dingbats, granted.

And no I didn't see the George Sq thing- but that, presumably is Glasgow sectarianism disguised as "unionism"

Sadly referenda bring out the worst in people - as we are seeing over Brexit- politicians dividing and ruling

In Scotland the "independence" agenda has meant the SNP have managed to get away with some incredible mismanagement of the economy, NHS, Social care and education for the last 10 years and continue to do so.

The conservatives did the same in England with "Brexit"

Its a distraction from the real issues- and they are STILL doing it

Divide and conquer

Miss managing the economy? Explain to us what powers we have to manage our economy?

Not a rant at all but the truth is your sort are blinded by your glorious leader 400 miles away and probably read the Daily Mail and believe it so sometimes I need to CAPTALISE to emphasise the point.

I think the whole point is if you are not 100% in charge of your own finances then you cant effect the changes needed to improve them. Scotland only controls 30% of the powers required to effectively run a country unyet the devolved administration is supposed to cure all and perform miracles and take the flack when it goes wrong.

You give me 70% of your earnings and I will give you back some pocket money. See how you get on.

If Scotland is that bad and such a drain on resources then why don't they cut us lose? Its because the consistently lie, manipulate and move the figures to suit their own ends which the sheep (that's the Yoonies) believe. Scotland = Cash Cow.

Westminster has been running these lands for over 300 years and to be honest, they have not been very good at it have they?

Anyway, my point was closing 16 job centres is not going to improve anyone's prospects really. I don't recall if you said anything about Scotland's employment figures being better than the the rUK's last quarter when the were. Or the quarter before that.

Miss managing the economy? Explain to us what powers we have to manage our economy?

Explain how they don't- why the rest of the UK is growing, but ours is in reverse

How the Scottish "funding" is higher than anywhere else yet this translates into lower growth and the ONLY area with rising unemployment in the UK

What power can they want that will make a difference- genuinely -

borrowing?

they cannot do things properly with the cash they have- so allow them to run up an even bigger deficit- that'll sort it

They have tax raising powers already (wont use it)

Space Mackerel

Explain how they don't- why the rest of the UK is growing, but ours is in reverse

How the Scottish "funding" is higher than anywhere else yet this translates into lower growth and the ONLY area with rising unemployment in the UK

What power can they want that will make a difference- genuinely -

borrowing?

they cannot do things properly with the cash they have- so allow them to run up an even bigger deficit- that'll sort it

They have tax raising powers already (wont use it)

Again, what powers do we have in Scotland? Answer the question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Space Mackerel

UK Debt approaching Two Thousand Million Pounds (?2Tn).

Personally, I'm hoping for a cracking pension!

That'll be the SNP's fault surely too.

Not a rant at all but the truth is your sort are blinded by your glorious leader 400 miles away and probably read the Daily Mail and believe it so sometimes I need to CAPTALISE to emphasise the point.

I think the whole point is if you are not 100% in charge of your own finances then you cant effect the changes needed to improve them. Scotland only controls 30% of the powers required to effectively run a country unyet the devolved administration is supposed to cure all and perform miracles and take the flack when it goes wrong.

You give me 70% of your earnings and I will give you back some pocket money. See how you get on.

If Scotland is that bad and such a drain on resources then why don't they cut us lose? Its because the consistently lie, manipulate and move the figures to suit their own ends which the sheep (that's the Yoonies) believe. Scotland = Cash Cow.

Westminster has been running these lands for over 300 years and to be honest, they have not been very good at it have they?

Anyway, my point was closing 16 job centres is not going to improve anyone's prospects really. I don't recall if you said anything about Scotland's employment figures being better than the the rUK's last quarter when the were. Or the quarter before that.

Pans- the government- no matter who it is- already takes 70% of my money and spends it for me

Tax, NI, VAT, petrol duty, Council tax, Road tax, APD, business rates

It makes little difference to me how far away the people who are spending it- 50 miles or 400 miles

At this time I trust those 400 miles away to waste less of it

And my judgement call re independence will be based on economics and who is most likely to try and take even more off me because they think they are better at spending it than me (who earns it)

It is my view that Independence will further shrink our economy

My income has still not recovered from the last recession-  ( in ? I earn exactly the same as I did in 2008- that's 9 years now of straight pay cuts)

I will not risk another

Space Mackerel

Pans- the government- no matter who it is- already takes 70% of my money and spends it for me

It makes little difference to me how far away the people who are spending it- 50 miles or 400 miles

And my judgement call re independence will be based on economics and who is most likely to try and take even more off me because they think they are better at spending it than me (who earns it)

My income has still not recovered from the last recession- ( in ? I earn exactly the same as I did in 2008- that's 9 years now of straight pay cuts)

I will not risk another

Is that the SNP's fault the banks tanked the global economy?

Again, what powers do we have in Scotland? Answer the question.

What powers do you want?

I hear a lot about "economic levers" - what do you want?

They want "control" - what is that

What are you requesting?

Specifically what?

My income has still not recovered from the last recession-  ( in ? I earn exactly the same as I did in 2008- that's 9 years now of straight pay cuts)

I will not risk another

A bit of a sneaky answer there DJ. We all pay tax via VAT, Council Tax etc. You know I was referring to your NET pay that goes into your bank account.

I actually earn about 15% less than I did pre the crash and I have moved jobs since so I am in the same boat but I can tell you something that even you cannot argue against. The crash, the banks being bailed out when they should have just died and the resultant UK Government's policy of Austerity and nearly ?2Tn of debt has nowt to do with any of the devolved administrations.

Time for a wholesale change!

Space Mackerel

What powers do you want?

I hear a lot about "economic levers" - what do you want?

They want "control" - what is that

What are you requesting?

Specifically what?

So again? What powers do we have to control our economy?

You answer with questions every time. You made a statement, back it up please.

Is that the SNP's fault the banks tanked the global economy?

Nor is it Westminsters in that case

At the time had Scotland been independent HBOS + RBS would have taken Scotland out entirely.

We would have needed an EU bailout- Greece Style

Harder to be nationalistic when your youngsters are on the dole or moving to England for work ( as happened in Eire)

So again? What powers do we have to control our economy?

You answer with questions every time. You made a statement, back it up please.

You don't know - do you?

Its the pro indy that want something else - what is it?

I don't have an answer, because I am content with the status quo

Its those that want change that need to explain what change they need.

Space Mackerel

At the time had Scotland been independent HBOS + RBS would have taken Scotland out entirely.

Harder to be nationalistic when your youngsters are on the dole or moving to England for work ( as happened in Eire)

Who is responsible for regulating the banks? Westminster or Holyrood? Who's idea was it to deregulate the market?

Please stop that.

The banks debt was held at the country where it happened. Not too much in Scotland but big exposure in Europe/USA (which is why the US Fed pumped billions into RBS) so it would not have taken Scotland down with it.

That is just a myth perpetuated by folk who use it for their own scaremongering agendas.

Do explain my form for poorer people. And I inferred nothing about the votes being notmeaningful.

Nicolas Tory Toffs banner was displayed frequently in these areas to play to that mindless xenophobic hatred.

And I have only voted Tory once in my life.

Sorry if im mistaken but dont you take skiing classes?

Space Mackerel

You don't know - do you?

Its the pro indy that want something else - what is it?

I don't have an answer, because I am content with the status quo

Its those that want change that need to explain what change they need.

So not having an answer means you're talking nonsense then?

Who is responsible for regulating the banks? Westminster or Holyrood? Who's idea was it to deregulate the market?

Goodwin was an SNP darling - the banks were lauded by Salmond- they loved the banking sector in Edinburgh.

It was an example of how Scotland COULD go it alone

So not having an answer means you're talking nonsense then?

I will ask again- what power do you want for the Scot Parliament over the economy that they don't have?

I am happy with what they have

(bearing in mind that per capita we are the highest spending of the 4 nations, and we are also now the highest taxed of the four nations, yet have the lowest growth and highest unemployment- kind of implies that MORE money is not the issue, but rather its use)

Space Mackerel

Goodwin was an SNP darling - the banks were lauded by Salmond- they loved the banking sector in Edinburgh.

It was an example of how Scotland COULD go it alone

Are you saying Goodwin was responsible for the global financial meltdown now? He was responsible for the Lehman brothers collapse too. That was Alex Salmonds fault as well?

Space Mackerel

I will ask again- what power do you want for the Scot Parliament over the economy that they don't have?

(bearing in mind that per capita we are the highest spending of the 4 nations, and we are also now the highest taxed of the four nations, yet have the lowest growth and highest unemployment- kind of implies that MORE money is not the issue, but rather its use)

I want all powers that Westminster has transferred to us.

Everything. The whole shebang. Same as every other independent country.

Thought you hadn't had a pay rise since 2008 a few posts back? You didn't sound very happy 30 mins ago.

Edited by Space Mackerel

Are you saying Goodwin was responsible for the global financial meltdown now? He was responsible for the Lehman brothers collapse too. That was Alex Salmonds fault as well?

I will ask again- what economic powers do you want that you don't have at present?

You don't know, do you?

Its a Nat sound bite

If one of my kids keeps wasting their  pocket money I don't give them my credit card

The easy answer here is ALL - 100%. Simples.

Space Mackerel

I will ask again- what economic powers do you want that you don't have at present?

You don't know, do you?

Its a Nat sound bite

If one of my kids keeps wasting their pocket money I don't give them my credit card

Answered it above. Everything.

The UK is nearly ?2 trillion in debt now as Pans pointed out, where's your logic in wasted money? Who has overspent? Was it the SNP? :lol: