• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scottish budget passed. Saved the Yoons from another electoral hiding :)

40% tax threshold to change so increased taxation for spuds like you.  It takes the Greens to force the SNP to use the powers they whined for.

I'd argue that any independent Scotland should have (another) referendum on EU membership once independent.

Wouldn't work as the first vote would be predicated on an assumption/guess on how the second one would go.  Also would not work unless EU would give cast-iron guarantees on an Indy Scotland being admitted, which they can't do.

Scottish budget passed. Saved the Yoons from another electoral hiding :)

Looking at it with the indy specs off, Patrick Harvie and the Greens have sold out quite a bit on their tax position.

Space Mackerel

Looking at it with the indy specs off, Patrick Harvie and the Greens have sold out quite a bit on their tax position.

The Greens are our Indy brethren, they'll never let us down.

The Greens are our Indy brethren, they'll never let us down.

Interesting the tax change will be announced tomorrow. What do you think it will be? I'm thinking a penny on higher rate but it looks like they will lower the 40% threshold.

Space Mackerel

Interesting the tax change will be announced tomorrow. What do you think it will be? I'm thinking a penny on higher rate but it looks like they will lower the 40% threshold.

I thought the SNP knocked back lowering the top rate like the Torys have done down South. Think thats it.

I'd argue that any independent Scotland should have (another) referendum on EU membership once independent.

I would argue we shouldn't

We are either independent or we are not

I am about to be stripped of my EU citizenship and passport against my will

Then would be stripped of my British Passport against my will

Then would be stripped of my Scottish passport against my will

And then given another EU one?

Eh, naw.

I thought the SNP knocked back lowering the top rate like the Torys have done down South. Think thats it.

No I'd expect the Greens would need a bit more than that.

AlphonseCapone

No I'd expect the Greens would need a bit more than that.

They've already said it's just the threshold plus extra investment in local services.

AlphonseCapone

Taking the labour specs off, it's better to achieve something than nothing. Especially since they only have 6 MSPs.

They seen an opportunity to get something so good on them. At the end of the day the effects on not agreeing a budget or having another election is far more devastating.

They've already said it's just the threshold plus extra investment in local services.

Indeed but I guess tomorrow we will see where they move the threshold to.

If it's hardly anything The the Greens have capitulated and got nothing in return.

If it's a significant move enough to piss off enough people then the nasty Tory Toffs will go on the offensive.

Indeed but I guess tomorrow we will see where they move the threshold to.

If it's hardly anything The the Greens have capitulated and got nothing in return.

If it's a significant move enough to piss off enough people then the nasty Tory Toffs will go on the offensive.

The threshold is going to be ?43k after that you'll pay the higher rate, however the rest of the UK is going up to ?45k before you pay the higher rate.

Taking the labour specs off, it's better to achieve something than nothing. Especially since they only have 6 MSPs.

They seen an opportunity to get something so good on them. At the end of the day the effects on not agreeing a budget or having another election is far more devastating.

Indeed. My understanding was MacKay said he wouldn't countenance the return of the 50p rate or a penny rise. Labour's two key planks. Talks broke down between both sides early on.

The Greens meanwhile have earned roughly an extra ?30 million and have allowed the 40% rate to slowly hit middle earners without inflation adjustments.

My understanding is the budget not being passed does little but maintain the running of government on current funding. Equally, we are at stage 1 of the budget. Long while to go yet.

The SNP were utterly inflexible on this. Even the LibDems couldn't get a deal. It's (on the face of it) a pretty mediocre budget on which the Greens have sold out.

Tory dogma did for them.

Being too quick to jump the gun did for Labour.

Liberal goodwill was wasted.

Not a great advert for the budget process. The SNP get all they want and the Greens very, very little.

kingantti1874
:rofl: you've got to be able to see through this surely.. the SNP are boasting about spending as if it's their money "we". :rofl: basically boasting about spending more money than we have and presenting it as some sort of good deal for the people..

And in your independence dream world, all of this would end because Scotland wouldnt have a pot to piss in - no more Westminster fund to sibsidise our embarrassing monster defecit... and all the SNP drones lap it up.

I swear IQ tests should be mandatory before your allowed a vote, or votes weighted against a moron scale.

Edited by kingantti1874

Space Mackerel

:rofl: you've got to be able to see through this surely.. the SNP are boasting about spending as if it's their money "we". :rofl: basically boating about spending more money than we have and presenting it as some sort of good deal

And in your independence dream world, all of this would end because Scotland wouldnt have a pot to piss in - no more Westminster fund to fund our monster defecit... and all the SNP drones lap it up..

I swear IQ tests should be mandatory before your allowed a vote, or votes weighted against a moron scale.

See through what? We get our annual pocket money from Westminster and spend it wisely, putting Scottish needs first.

Might have some left over for a 10p mix out the chippy.

:rofl: you've got to be able to see through this surely.. the SNP are boasting about spending as if it's their money "we". :rofl: basically boasting about spending more money than we have and presenting it as some sort of good deal for the people..

And in your independence dream world, all of this would end because Scotland wouldnt have a pot to piss in - no more Westminster fund to sibsidise our embarrassing monster defecit... and all the SNP drones lap it up.

So I see. Moron

Space Mackerel

I know, bud.

Did you read about tankboys fratricide rant.

Yup, Davidson and Mundell are an actual embarrassment to our nation, the only thing they are thinking about is their own careers now within the UKIP lite party.

kingantti1874

See through what? We get our annual pocket money from Westminster and spend it wisely, putting Scottish needs first.

Our annual pocket money is between 4 and 5 times higher than the UK per head of population. Yet despite this undeniable fact (if if could be arsed I'd post quotes from your glorious leader directly) , and with absolutely no sense of how this gap would be resolved ( see Greece - Germany won't be funding it) you maintain this pipe dream would somehow be good for Scottish people, thankfully 55% (and rising) are not dumb enough to fall for the senseless nationalist propaganda that you 2 have bought into hook line and sinker.

Space Mackerel

Our annual pocket money is between 4 and 5 times higher than the UK per head of population. Yet despite this undeniable fact (if if could be arsed I'd post quotes from your glorious leader directly) , and with absolutely no sense of how this gap would be resolved ( see Greece - Germany won't be funding it) you maintain this pipe dream would somehow be good for Scottish people, thankfully 55% (and rising) are not dumb enough to fall for the senseless nationalist propaganda that you 2 have bought into hook line and sinker.

4 and 5 times now? :rofl: Where do you get your info from?

Edited by Space Mackerel

You actually talk shite, that's some trick. Maybe u should try to win BGT.

Out of interest what other needs would the Scottish parliament spend money on?

Also it is money raised in Scotland that is spent.

I think you got the figures wrong way round?

1200 pounds per head extra i grant you .

12 800 compared to 11 600.

This is why i think Scotland needs to be independent though so as to break state dependency .

Scotland would prosper but not with the current tax and spend .

Its also worth noting that much of a countries wealth is governed by national economics.

There is wealth in this country.

And its natural resources should not be so easily dismissed as just oil.

Aye a third of it.

Aye a third of it.

Aye a third of it.

kingantti1874

You actually talk shite, that's some trick. Maybe u should try to win BGT.

as usual, when you've lost, deflect from the point made because you cannot challenge it, you can't challenge it because your party cannot and have not challenge the raw facts beyond saying don't worry it'll be all right if we are independent .. do the SNP hand out some sort of deflection handbook to all your cybernats.

BTW just to clarify if there was an economic case for independence, which would afford greater opportunities for growth, I'd be all for it.. but there is not, not now anyway.. maybe if we could go back to 1979.

Space Mackerel

as usual, when you've lost, deflect from the point made because you cannot challenge it, you can't challenge it because your party cannot and have not challenge the raw facts beyond saying don't worry it'll be all right if we are independent .. do the SNP hand out some sort of deflection handbook to all your cybernats.

BTW just to clarify if there was an economic case for independence, which would afford greater opportunities for growth, I'd be all for it.. but there is not, not now anyway.. maybe if we could go back to 1979.

See when you left home and became an adult. Did your finances change?

kingantti1874

I think you got the figures wrong way round?

1200 pounds per head extra i grant you .

12 800 compared to 11 600.

This is why i think Scotland needs to be independent though so as to break state dependency .

Scotland would prosper but not with the current tax and spend .

Its also worth noting that much of a countries wealth is governed by national economics.

There is wealth in this country.

And its natural resources should not be so easily dismissed as just oil.

I didn't get it round the wrong way mate - our defecit against GDP is enormous and unsustainable. You've correctly called out there would need to be significant tax and spending changes which is my point.

kingantti1874

Love a good old GERS post. It's almost akin to saying what a pre and post Brexit UK would be like, but you know this right? :lol:

Deflect deflect deflect deflect - we aren't debating brexit on here, 2 wrongs don't make you right..

Space Mackerel

Deflect deflect deflect deflect - we aren't debating brexit on here, 2 wrongs don't make you right..

Brexit White Paper please?

There most definitely is a case for prosperity after independence.

Not only economically but culturally also.

You checked your own sums yet?

Not being cheeky btw.

Ive posted this case quite a few times but im happy to do it again.

Politically it would require honesty from any future yes campaign and the embracing by the voters for less state support.

It would require low taxation .

But government could help with major infrastructure to less populated areas.

But using private finance.

Scotland has long been entrepreneurial until recent history.

And in actual fact Scotland can never properly prosper as part of the UK.

Or as part of the EU.

Space Mackerel

Here it is :rofl:

dd95c4cbe48651af5df29401e38e5e9a.jpg

That you hobbling about with the stick?

kingantti1874

See when you left home and became an adult. Did your finances change?

Yes enormously, I went to university and studied to establish myself in a line of work I knew would Afford me the opportunity to earn money. And I had a wedge in my pocket to buy a property before i took the plunge.. after a sneaky trip around the world for a year.. point is I had a plan..

Space Mackerel

Yes enormously, I went to university and studied to establish myself in a line of work I knew would Afford me the opportunity to earn money. And I had a wedge in my pocket to buy a property before i took the plunge.. after a sneaky trip around the world for a year.. point is I had a plan..

You've just answered your own post then.

kingantti1874

Brexit White Paper please?

Did you read SNP white paper? :rofl: But again not debating brexit which was a dumb move. but not as dumb as independence

kingantti1874

You've just answered your own post then.

What's the Independence plan? What currency we using? Where are we borrowing from to fund our current level of spending?

Anyway - enough for tonight

Space Mackerel

Did you read SNP white paper? :rofl: But again not debating brexit which was a dumb move. but not as dumb as independence

Everyone makes out that an independent Scotland will be OK and probably more than OK, more OK than a Brexit England.

But you keep reading the Daily Mail, Express, Hootsman and all the rest.

Why keep us? We are subsidy junkies and always have been? :rofl:

I didn't get it round the wrong way mate - our defecit against GDP is enormous and unsustainable. You've correctly called out there would need to be significant tax and spending changes which is my point.

Regards the sums you stated that spending levels were 4 or 5 times the amount spent in england per head.

9% more is more accurate.

There is a liberal right wing economic case for Scottish independence.

Its politically difficult in Scotland to get support for this.

Also there is new thoughts on economics .

Capitalism is the world we live and you should only spend what you can afford.

I think Scotlands well placed to prosper for many reasons.

What's the Independence plan? What currency we using? Where are we borrowing from to fund our current level of spending?

Anyway - enough for tonight

Currency is a red herring

Space Mackerel

Regards the sums you stated that spending levels were 4 or 5 times the amount spent in england per head.

9% more is more accurate.

There is a liberal right wing economic case for Scottish independence.

Its politically difficult in Scotland to get support for this.

Also there is new thoughts on economics .

Capitalism is the world we live and you should only spend what you can afford.

I think Scotlands well placed to prosper for many reasons.

Well said jakey!

Shame the daft ingrained Yoonys don't see it.

Well said jakey!

Shame the daft ingrained Yoonys don't see it.

Its no wonder though.

The economic case is what lost the referendum.

It was a shambles.

The trouble is that the case for prosperity will not sit well for a lot of yes voters.

Imo.