Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

kingantti1874

ame="kingantti1874" post="5805081" timestamp="1485372210"]

Although I'm sure he'll respond in this own unique way, the end of his post looked pretty tongue in cheek tbf to him.

Some of you don't half get riled up over the SNP and their supporters though. It's only politics.

Independence transcends politics and policies, parties come and views and go but this would be irreversible and would have permanent negative impact on Scotland ..most concerning the SNP and their drones they make it up as they go along, contradict themselves at every turn and have absolutely no evidence whatsoever that it would improve lives.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Independence transcends politics and policies, parties come and views and go but this would be irreversible and would have permanent negative impact on Scotland ..most concerning the SNP and their drones they make it up as they go along, contradict themselves at every turn and have absolutely no evidence whatsoever that it would improve lives.

What you say suggests that in an independent Scotland the SNP would have power in perpetuity. You really think that an independent Scotland couldn't prosper? Sure, it would be tough to begin with, as it will be within the union given the current economic climate, but perhaps if we cut our economic cloth to our design we could be successful.

Regards trade with rUK, if we aren't supplying these goods, where else are they coming from? Obviously there is a demand within the rUK economy, and given rUK will be out of the Eu wouldn't it make sense to be supplied from a neighbour to limit costs?

What you say suggests that in an independent Scotland the SNP would have power in perpetuity. You really think that an independent Scotland couldn't prosper? Sure, it would be tough to begin with, as it will be within the union given the current economic climate, but perhaps if we cut our economic cloth to our design we could be successful.

Regards trade with rUK, if we aren't supplying these goods, where else are they coming from? Obviously there is a demand within the rUK economy, and given rUK will be out of the Eu wouldn't it make sense to be supplied from a neighbour to limit costs?

May's refusal today at PMQ's to answer Corbyn's question on whether or not the U.K. would be prepared to pay for access to the "free" market is telling. It seems we can't afford it and wont pay our EU debts either. This is not a good basis from which to start negotiations. Whatever the outcome though rUK will have the same relationship with Scotland, if we are in the EU as it does with other EU countries, obviously for Unionists, this will be disastrous for us but beneficial for everybody else..

We might even benefit from rUK's membership fee for the free market. It could knock a bit off our fees, if we have any.  Scotland starts in a very advantageous position having by far the bulk of the negotiating leverage on it's side. Desperate attempts to hang on to the city will fail IMO and UK or rUK will become the low service, low tax economy the Tories really want. Banks are already downsizing and making people redundant. Some country is going to benefit from this so it might as well be Scotland.

Alternatively tUK might flourish when companies flock to take advantage of low tax rates and our existing companies flourish with their new found freedom to trade globally. Trouble is many companies do not pay significant amounts of tax anyway and are unlikely to want to expand here when they no longer have unfettered access to the EU. I'd love to know which areas of British industry are going to grow now they have no or few trade agreements around the world whilst simultaneously making themselves uncompetitive in the world's largest market. 

Maybe i.m just being negative, perhaps the Govt does have a plan and i.m sure there will be a rush of Unionists and Brexiteers to explain to us why we should vote to stay in the U.K. in Indyref 2.

Space Mackerel

Name one country in the world that independence has had a negative impact and has rejoined its "union"

I await with baited breath.

Maybe i.m just being negative, perhaps the Govt does have a plan and i.m sure there will be a rush of Unionists and Brexiteers to explain to us why we should vote to stay in the U.K. in Indyref 2.

That argument will depend on when the SNP government decide they hold the vote.

As Jim Sillars said on Channel 4 News last night: to hold one now woukd be foolish and even more foolish would be to argue on the basis of which union for Scotland. Which, based on the official party posturing is where they are heading.

Francis Albert

May's refusal today at PMQ's to answer Corbyn's question on whether or not the U.K. would be prepared to pay for access to the "free" market is telling. It seems we can't afford it and wont pay our EU debts either. This is not a good basis from which to start negotiations. Whatever the outcome though rUK will have the same relationship with Scotland, if we are in the EU as it does with other EU countries, obviously for Unionists, this will be disastrous for us but beneficial for everybody else..

We might even benefit from rUK's membership fee for the free market. It could knock a bit off our fees, if we have any.  Scotland starts in a very advantageous position having by far the bulk of the negotiating leverage on it's side. Desperate attempts to hang on to the city will fail IMO and UK or rUK will become the low service, low tax economy the Tories really want. Banks are already downsizing and making people redundant. Some country is going to benefit from this so it might as well be Scotland.

Alternatively tUK might flourish when companies flock to take advantage of low tax rates and our existing companies flourish with their new found freedom to trade globally. Trouble is many companies do not pay significant amounts of tax anyway and are unlikely to want to expand here when they no longer have unfettered access to the EU. I'd love to know which areas of British industry are going to grow now they have no or few trade agreements around the world whilst simultaneously making themselves uncompetitive in the world's largest market. 

Maybe i.m just being negative, perhaps the Govt does have a plan and i.m sure there will be a rush of Unionists and Brexiteers to explain to us why we should vote to stay in the U.K. in Indyref 2.

So if May had said of course we will pay for access to the EU market that would have been a good opening position in the negotiation?

240 / 59 =

60 / 5.2 =

?50b exported to ruk, ?63b imported.

If we don't trade to one another, that's a ?13 b saving right away for Scotland

AlphonseCapone

Independence transcends the SNP.

Indyref2 must be imminent, the Unionists and their press are on the offensive. Scotland exports ?49b to ruk and exports to the EU are quarter the size.

Have any these reporters etc... Asked or reported how much we're worth to England in imports, ?63 b Al, but only Scotland becomes unable to trade post Indy.

It's on Scotland, it's time.

Nae luck loyalists, yer Britland is fecked to History.

Hey Britz enjoy it while you can.

Traitors will be dealt with soon.

?50b exported to ruk, ?63b imported.

If we don't trade to one another, that's a ?13 b saving right away for Scotland

If we didn't trade with each other instead of saving ?13b wouldn't Scotland's finances lose ?50b, that's a lot to make up from elsewhere.

Indyref2 must be imminent, the Unionists and their press are on the offensive. Scotland exports ?49b to ruk and exports to the EU are quarter the size.

Have any these reporters etc... Asked or reported how much we're worth to England in imports, ?63 b Al, but only Scotland becomes unable to trade post Indy.

You and people like you are one of the reasons Scotland will never be independent. Far too backward and prejudiced.

I seriously believe you have mental health issues.

AlphonseCapone

You and people like you are one of the reasons Scotland will never be independent. Far too backward and prejudiced.

I seriously believe you have mental health issues.

His general point is fair in that post though, we always hear about the negative effects of Scotland's access to the UK market being restricted but it works both ways, there is a lot of RUK exports dependent on it.

For that reason, in the event of independence, both sides would be pragmatic and reach an agreement. The exact same logic underpins why Theresa May is as confident when it comes to a deal with the EU.

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Not really.

Only the SNP can deliver it., and should it happen, they will be our government - possibly for the rest of my life.

So for me independence = SNP

Granted some time in the future another party may compete, but that wont affect me, cos I'll be deid.

Not really.

Only the SNP can deliver it., and should it happen, they will be our government - possibly for the rest of my life.

Granted some time in the future another party may compete, but that wont affect me, cos I'll be deid.

Completely disagree.

Yes the SNP will offer & deliver Independence but after that, any decent party putting forward a credible alternative will be in with a great shout. There may be a completely new party.

The working persons, left leaning, progressive party perhaps (used to be called the Labour Party).

Not really.

Problem for the SNP is that there aren't enough halfwits in Scotland to vote for Independence.

Completely disagree.

Yes the SNP will offer & deliver Independence but after that, any decent party putting forward a credible alternative will be in with a great shout. There may be a completely new party.

The working persons, left leaning, progressive party perhaps (used to be called the Labour Party).

There will have to be 3 completely new parties, because The Tories, Labour & The Lib Dems will have to sever all ties with Westminster completely or they'll get annihilated at the polls.

Scottish Labour for instance will have to be Scottish and not just a branch office of the Labour Party, the Tories will they have to drop the Unionist part of their name?

There will have to be 3 completely new parties, because The Tories, Labour & The Lib Dems will have to sever all ties with Westminster completely or they'll get annihilated at the polls.

Scottish Labour for instance will have to be Scottish and not just a branch office of the Labour Party, the Tories will they have to drop the Unionist part of their name?

Why will we have to drop the Unionist part? It's not the party that will be leaving the UK. Anyway, we'll just have another referendum in another 2 years until we get the right result. Is that not how it works?

jack D and coke

It's a hideous viewpoint to have.

The rUK will be vindictive and vicious and punish us in perpetuity by buying nothing never visiting again etc etc.

And yet we are to believe these people are out friends and will look out for our countries(no sorry it's not a country it's a region) interests.

It's kind of why I went from feeling British to ending up voting Yes the last time.

Problem for the SNP is that there aren't enough halfwits in Scotland to vote for Independence.

There you go attaching only SNP supporters with Indy. I'm not an SNP supporter but will be looking to vote YES again when it next comes round.

There are other political movements in Scotland that are pro-indy other than the SNP you know.

There you go attaching only SNP supporters with Indy. I'm not an SNP supporter but will be looking to vote YES again when it next comes round.

There are other political movements in Scotland that are pro-indy other than the SNP you know.

Indeed there is, however, they have zero political clout. Yes voters can bleat til the end of time about Independence but it's never going to happen. Not in my lifetime anyway. After that, I couldn't really give a shit as I'll not be leaving behind.

We know who they are and we know they're completely subservient to wee Jimmy Kranky

Where do you even start with this

Frightening

Indeed there is, however, they have zero political clout. Yes voters can bleat til the end of time about Independence but it's never going to happen. Not in my lifetime anyway. After that, I couldn't really give a shit as I'll not be leaving behind.

You terminal?

We know who they are and we know they're completely subservient to wee Jimmy Kranky

That point of view probably suits your agenda. Cant see Labour for indy bending over for Sturgeon by any stretch of the imagination.

Why will we have to drop the Unionist part? It's not the party that will be leaving the UK. Anyway, we'll just have another referendum in another 2 years until we get the right result. Is that not how it works?

I asked a question, not stated it as fact.

You've seen the living dead haven't you?

I often think Yoonies are a bit like Patrick Star from Spongebob. Live under a rock, gullible and suck in everything they are told to such a point that they actually believe its the truth.

Theres hardly any oil left

We are a equal partner

We are better together

Scotland has a powerhouse government. One of the most powerful on earth

We vow you will have as close to Federalism as is possible

We wont hold back any powers we get from the EU

We will listen to the devolved regions on a brexit deal

Nuclear bombs are a nice things (as long as they are kept in Scotland & they dont go off course and start WW3 with America)

We wont privatize the NHS

We are truly the party of the working people

We are ensuring that companies pay their fair share on tax

We are cutting your bloc grant so heres tax raising powers. Why dont you raise taxes to pay for services? Why is Scotland the highest taxed part of the UK?

We wont close ANY military bases in Scotland

ETC

AlphonseCapone

Not really.

I don't think so.

Labour are a test case, they basically brought about devolution and it took 10 years for them to become toothless and have a majority SNP Government and record Conservative MSPs. These things change fast, 10 years is a lifetime in politics.

Space Mackerel

I often think Yoonies are a bit like Patrick Star from Spongebob. Live under a rock, gullible and suck in everything they are told to such a point that they actually believe its the truth.

Theres hardly any oil left

We are a equal partner

We are better together

Scotland has a powerhouse government. One of the most powerful on earth

We vow you will have as close to Federalism as is possible

We wont hold back any powers we get from the EU

We will listen to the devolved regions on a brexit deal

Nuclear bombs are a nice things (as long as they are kept in Scotland & they dont go off course and start WW3 with America)

We wont privatize the NHS

We are truly the party of the working people

We are ensuring that companies pay their fair share on tax

We are cutting your bloc grant so heres tax raising powers. Why dont you raise taxes to pay for services? Why is Scotland the highest taxed part of the UK?

We wont close ANY military bases in Scotland

ETC

Game set n the match.

Arnold Rothstein

Your post and point you are making is really the crux of the referendum debate.

Forgetting all the economic shite as most normal rational people know it won't change that much either way. It's really what you define and feel is your country, for you it's the UK, for others it's Scotland.

Bang on. Which tbh is exactly how it should be. If you're voting for independence or voting to remain as part of the UK because you think you'll be better off, you're doing so on a leap of faith. Go with your heart.

They're beyond reasoned debate mate

It is clearly shown on every single poll pre and post Indy that their support is from the Socio DE groups,as they are separated out in the poll results.

This was confirmed in the vote where Dundee and Glasgow, which both hold the majority of DE Groups voted Yes, whereas the rest of the Country voted No.

Space Missile and Aussie, by their posts, are both in DE Groups so it unlikely you will get reasoned debate as they lack the analytical capacity to do it.

Tick-tock. Mintit. Execute traitors etc is all you will get from them.

It is clearly shown on every single poll pre and post Indy that their support is from the Socio DE groups,as they are separated out in the poll results.

This was confirmed in the vote where Dundee and Glasgow, which both hold the majority of DE Groups voted Yes, whereas the rest of the Country voted No.

Space Missile and Aussie, by their posts, are both in DE Groups so it unlikely you will get reasoned debate as they lack the analytical capacity to do it.

Tell you what i give you an A+ for your hatred of poor people.

It shines out you.

Love that groups d+e have found their vote.

Wished they found it more often.

Might get a dose of reality for plums.

AlphonseCapone

I disagree with this.

I'm not convinced most people are all that nationalistic. Its a lenses people try and view through to make it a them and us. Look narrative people create around it, English rapping us, we couldn't cope with out English to save us are hyperbolic arguments based on little except emotion.

European, U.K. or Scottish, it's just a label. What impacts people is the economic situation.

Flag waving stuff imo, makes naff all difference to anyone life in real terms.

With any change there is always a period of flux, which is usually detrimental in the short term. Opportunities and betterment tend to be much more long term.

Much like brexit, I feel independence will result in a short term economical detriment. Longer term it may or may not better who knows. I have kids and a shitty economic situation in say 5-10 years would impact the massively.

Feeling British or Scottish, whatever that means, if that's your thing by all means let it being the deciding factor. But to claim that the lense most normal and rational people would view through it, is very narrow sited imo.

The shot term economic positions impacts people massively. To pretend it doesn't or not important is a nonsense.

My biggest concern about independence last time was actually the transition. The SNP/yes clearly had no idea about the mechanics of that. Simple things like currency weren't answered well and if you couldn't answer the fundamentals how would we be successful in the short term? It was massive concern and still is.

I really didn't fancy another hard hitting recession. Unfortunately, it looks like I might get my worst fear may become a reality as a result of another referendum.

As a matter of interest did you view brexit via a nationality lense or economic lense or something else?

I viewed both from a economical angle and, whilst maybe not normal, I incredibabmy rational.

But it doesn't need to be nationalistic though, it's simply about what level you see your country.

I've no interest in waving flags or having marches, I simply want to see the best possible country for those around me. That is best achieved in an independent country imo but that's where folk can certainly disagree. Independence doesn't necessarily mean nationalism.

See all the warnings or scaremongering, depending on your viewpoint, before the Scottish Independence referendum, they were almost identical to the warnings about brexit. We never seen what happened with Independence but the current indications from Brexit is that the sky hasn't fallen in as predicted. There is every chance the same would have/will be true of Independence.

The markets don't like change, they get jittery. In the end, they settle down regardless. During campaigns, tough rhetoric is thrown about. When it comes to it, pragmatism wins. I stand by my assertion that little would change economically for the vast majority.

I viewed Brexit via a political and social lense mainly. Again, I don't really see dramatic changes economically as likely, maybe some choppy waters.

One of the consistently best posters is our Desside.

I disagree with this.

I'm not convinced most people are all that nationalistic. Its a lenses people try and view through to make it a them and us. Look narrative people create around it, English rapping us, we couldn't cope with out English to save us are hyperbolic arguments based on little except emotion.

European, U.K. or Scottish, it's just a label. What impacts people is the economic situation.

Flag waving stuff imo, makes naff all difference to anyone life in real terms.

With any change there is always a period of flux, which is usually detrimental in the short term. Opportunities and betterment tend to be much more long term.

Much like brexit, I feel independence will result in a short term economical detriment. Longer term it may or may not better who knows. I have kids and a shitty economic situation in say 5-10 years would impact the massively.

Feeling British or Scottish, whatever that means, if that's your thing by all means let it being the deciding factor. But to claim that the lense most normal and rational people would view through it, is very narrow sited imo.

The shot term economic positions impacts people massively. To pretend it doesn't or not important is a nonsense.

My biggest concern about independence last time was actually the transition. The SNP/yes clearly had no idea about the mechanics of that. Simple things like currency weren't answered well and if you couldn't answer the fundamentals how would we be successful in the short term? It was massive concern and still is.

I really didn't fancy another hard hitting recession. Unfortunately, it looks like I might get my worst fear may become a reality as a result of another referendum.

As a matter of interest did you view brexit via a nationality lense or economic lense or something else?

I viewed both from a economical angle and, whilst maybe not normal, I incredibabmy rational.

Whilst I ended up voting Yes in 2014, I do think you've hit the ball out the 0ark here.

People are not overly arsed with who they are. It's what will do best by them tgat counts.

Death of britland

Tick Tock

"Brit" land :rofl:

What is your bitter obsession with Brits all about? You sure you're not a bit green brigade?

Space Mackerel

D E group? :lol:

I probably make in a week what you make in a month. And I've two pals and their wives who I always thought would be closet Torys pre referendum, live in rather posh and affluent areas of Edinburgh with seriously well paid jobs. They're Yes folk too. And their kids have swapped over after Brexit, that's another 5 to add to the pile. :)

Malinga the Swinga

Hate to say it but this thread is a waste of time. The following can safely be said

1) Posters such as Space M and others who support the SNP will never change their opinion and will back the SNP regardless of what they actually achieve or fail to achieve.

2) Posters such as Mars P and Deeside will never support the SNP and will never change their opinion regardless of what they actually achieve or fail to achieve.

3) aussieh will continue to post utter drivel that would embarrass a 5 year old and make up words. When he dies, he can have mintit inscribed on his tombstone. No-one will understand what it means.

I probably make in a week what you make in a month. And I've two pals and their wives who I always thought would be closet Torys pre referendum, live in rather posh and affluent areas of Edinburgh with seriously well paid jobs. They're Yes folk too. And their kids have swapped over after Brexit, that's another 5 to add to the pile. :)

Swapped over.....Who has these talks? I'll indulge you in a bit of anecdotal bawbaggery. Fat Eck was on my flight back up from Heathrow today ( you want to check out the nick of him by the way, he's going to cark it soon Jock style ).

Anyway, you should have heard some of the comments from the other passengers boarding, amongst themselves. Non of it complimentary that I heard. It wasn't any Easy Jet crowd to the Dam.

Rather posh, an affluent area of Edinburgh. Who are you trying to kid?

Edited by pablo

It always bothers me that people equate wealth with worth.

His figures are probably right makeral .

Your anecdotes do not affect that.

Doesn't make that demograph any less worthy.

Much like your views on pensioners or english working people.

Just lately its like people question the validity of a vote based on age social grouping etc.

Space Mackerel

Swapped over.....Who has these talks? I'll indulge you in a bit of anecdotal bawbaggery. Fat Eck was on my flight back up from Heathrow today ( you want to check out the nick of him by the way, he's going to cark it soon Jock style ).

Anyway, you should have heard some of the comments from the other passengers boarding, amongst themselves. Non of it complimentary that I heard. It wasn't any Easy Jet crowd to the Dam.

Rather posh, an affluent area of Edinburgh. Who are you trying to kid?

Comments, on the Edinburgh/London shuttle, yeah right, do you conduct polls for the YouGov on St Andy's Day? :)

Make no mistake, Glasgow has turned, Dundee has turned and Edinburgh is almost there. You're going backwards in the polls and after Brexit, you've lost a lot of the younger generation too. They're livid about not being able to travel.

As I've said, the oldies will pass on and then it's game, set and the match. It's over.

Space Mackerel

It always bothers me that people equate wealth with worth.

His figures are probably right makeral .

Your anecdotes do not affect that.

Doesn't make that demograph any less worthy.

Much like your views on pensioners or english working people.

Just lately its like people question the validity of a vote based on age social grouping etc.

deeside brought up the fact that all SNP voters are street urchins, not me.

Comments, on the Edinburgh/London shuttle, yeah right, do you conduct polls for the YouGov on St Andy's Day? :)

Make no mistake, Glasgow has turned, Dundee has turned and Edinburgh is almost there. You're going backwards in the polls and after Brexit, you've lost a lot of the younger generation too. They're livid about not being able to travel.

As I've said, the oldies will pass on and then it's game, set and the match. It's over.

That's why I referred to it as anecdotal bawbaggery. But at least mine is true unlike your thing about your mate's seriously wealthy wives.