Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Parent passing down their prejudices, explains a lot.

I think it's quite common for Nationalists. Swinney, Murrel and Sturgeon were all SNP from bairns onwards. Everything else then fits around it. Explains why lots of them are weirdos.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rudolf's Mate

I think it's quite common for Nationalists. Swinney, Murrel and Sturgeon were all SNP from bairns onwards. Everything else then fits around it. Explains why lots of them are weirdos.

:gok:

I laughed a lot louder than I probably should have at that comment. [emoji1303]

Space Mackerel

Maybe we should drink more Peckham Spring? Make us mare Inglush ken?

After all, that was the point of the OP and bottled water?

kingantti1874

The brainwashing runs deep for some on here , deep enough to look past the evidence staring them In the face.

the tories are nothing but a convenient excuse trotted out at every opportunity.

The continual lies and deflection of key questions are in my opinion worse than anything the tories have ever done.. sturgeon's response to corbyn the other day says it all.. the man states the obvious about austerity in post independence Scotland and she deflects to the tories.. unreal. Anyone with a basic knowledge of economics can identody the likely outcome of post Indy Scotland, massive tax hikes (for those who stay) and huge spending cuts. baby boxes, free uni, free prescriptions, free tolls all gone immediately and those who bought into the empty promises will be the ones hurt first and hurt hardest.

If the SNP told the truth, then campaigned on the basis of self determination it would at least warrant respect, but sturgeon and her cronies are nothing but devious, dishonest borderline extremeists.

Space Mackerel

The brainwashing runs deep for some on here , deep enough to look past the evidence staring them In the face.

the tories are nothing but a convenient excuse trotted out at every opportunity.

The continual lies and deflection of key questions are in my opinion worse than anything the tories have ever done.. sturgeon's response to corbyn the other day says it all.. the man states the obvious about austerity in post independence Scotland and she deflects to the tories.. unreal. Anyone with a basic knowledge of economics can identody the likely outcome of post Indy Scotland, massive tax hikes (for those who stay) and huge spending cuts. baby boxes, free uni, free prescriptions, free tolls all gone immediately and those who bought into the empty promises will be the ones hurt first and hurt hardest.

If the SNP told the truth, then campaigned on the basis of self determination it would at least warrant respect, but sturgeon and her cronies are nothing but devious, dishonest borderline extremeists.

There is a ?1.7 trillion tax lie getting told to you now.

Do you know that Norway, yes Norway, has a 14% GDP plus on its economy? But it's GERS and Barnett formula isn't it, all products of Westminster policies for years.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Economy/Budget-surplus/%2B-or-deficit/--

AlphonseCapone

Extremists :laugh:

kingantti1874

There is a ?1.7 trillion tax lie getting told to you now.

Do you know that Norway, yes Norway, has a 14% GDP plus on its economy? But it's GERS and Barnett formula isn't it, all products of Westminster policies for years.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Economy/Budget-surplus/%2B-or-deficit/--

Mackerel- if we were in the 1960's sitting on vast untapped reserves giving Scotland a chance of equaling the Norwegian surplus it would be of relevance and I would vote yes, but its 2017, the oil industry is in its last phase and scotlands defecit is ludicrous..

Corbyn was correct about turbo charged austerity. If he were wrong sturgeon would have challenged it directly but as usual went to plan B and blamed the tories. - when was the last time a nationalist made the case for independence based on the economy?

Don't take this the wrong way but your a nationalist zealot, I could quote a thousand articles form a thousand sources but you'd gloss over it as some sort of co-ordinated unionist propaganda. It's too late for you to be objective..

Space Mackerel

Mackerel- if we were in the 1960's sitting on vast untapped reserves giving Scotland a chance of equaling the Norwegian surplus it would be of relevance and I would vote yes, but its 2017, the oil industry is in its last phase and scotlands defecit is ludicrous..

Corbyn was correct about turbo charged austerity. If he were wrong sturgeon would have challenged it directly but as usual went to plan B and blamed the tories. - when was the last time a nationalist made the case for independence based on the economy?

Don't take this the wrong way but your a nationalist zealot, I could quote a thousand articles form a thousand sources but you'd gloss over it as some sort of co-ordinated unionist propaganda. It's too late for you to be objective..

Hindsight is a lovely thing, I would blame your parents for not voting Yes in 79. That's my thoughts.

Couldn't miss out on these illegal wars and Brexit right enough.

kingantti1874

Hindsight is a lovely thing, I would blame your parents for not voting Yes in 79. That's my thoughts.

Couldn't miss out on these illegal wars and Brexit right enough.

You've no idea what my parents political leanings are or were but I can tell they don't have a big chip on their shoulders weighing them down.

PS Do the SNP hand out some sort of instructions or guidance on how to deflect?

Space Mackerel

You've no idea what my parents political leanings are or were but I can tell they don't have a big chip on their shoulders weighing them down.

PS Do the SNP hand out some sort of instructions or guidance on how to deflect?

One day, you'll do the mathematics and it will become clear.

kingantti1874

One day, you'll do the mathematics and it will become clear.

If the maths are so transparent why don't the SNP publicly make the case for independence based on the economy?

Ever heard of Occam's razor?

Space Mackerel

If the maths are so transparent why don't the SNP publicly make the case for independence based on the economy?

Ever heard of Occam's razor?

If Scotland is such a ******* case then why not less us go?

kingantti1874

Christ knows, not on the basis of our current economics that's for sure given our deficit is 4* bigger than the Rest of the UK..

Space Mackerel

Christ knows, not on the basis of our current economics that's for sure given our deficit is 4* bigger than the Rest of the UK..

Our deficit is 4 times larger due to Tory and right wing policies since inception?

The Scottish budget would bear no resemblance to these figures.

kingantti1874

Our deficit is 4 times larger due to Tory and right wing policies since inception?

The Scottish budget would bear no resemblance to these figures.

Will we ever look at ourselves for our own problems or is it always the fault of the English?

It's 4 times bigger because the SNP are spending more money than we have to win votes at a ludicrous rate.. we could've raised taxes for the extra "perks" we take for granted but we couldn't do that could we because it would highlight the SNP 's exorbitant spending, draw attention to the blatant vote buying policy and most importantly.. lose votes and we can't have that until the question has been asked again.

Anyway - I'm off for the night

Space Mackerel

Will we ever look at ourselves for our own problems or is it always the fault of the English?

It's 4 times bigger because the SNP are spending more money than we have to win votes at a ludicrous rate.. we could've raised taxes for the extra "perks" we take for granted but we couldn't do that could we because it would highlight the SNP 's exorbitant spending, draw attention to the blatant vote buying policy and most importantly.. lose votes and we can't have that until the question has been asked again.

Anyway - I'm off for the night

The SNP are spending money? Is that correct? Who is spending the money?

http://www.debtbombshell.com

?1.7 trillion now?

To be fair, Scotland (like the UK) is a basket case because it is lead by political pygmies and has been for decades. Not one devolved government has been imaginative or truly reforming of how Scotland actually works. Not one has trued to make hard, really hard, choices to change our way of life. Not one has considered the fact that generational poverty, unemployment and inequality may be caused by how the state works and relates to people.

I count all parties and people in that. Labour, Tory, SNP, Green, Liberal... UK Nd Scottish governments suffer hugely from a lack of conviction and originality of thought.

When we do get people like that they're quickly moved off and away from power or are simply unfortunate. I'd count Margo MacDonald, John Smith, Henry McLeish, Jim Sillars in that bracket but all sadly never got their way. I used to honestly believe Nicola was one, but she's fast disappointed me on tax, reform of local government and on her centralising agenda.

Scotland is a basket case because it's badly led. Independence won't change that. Much like the UK is a basket case because it's badly lead. Not because of the EU.

Space Mackerel

To be fair, Scotland (like the UK) is a basket case because it is lead by political pygmies and has been for decades. Not one devolved government has been imaginative or truly reforming of how Scotland actually works. Not one has trued to make hard, really hard, choices to change our way of life. Not one has considered the fact that generational poverty, unemployment and inequality may be caused by how the state works and relates to people.

I count all parties and people in that. Labour, Tory, SNP, Green, Liberal... UK Nd Scottish governments suffer hugely from a lack of conviction and originality of thought.

When we do get people like that they're quickly moved off and away from power or are simply unfortunate. I'd count Margo MacDonald, John Smith, Henry McLeish, Jim Sillars in that bracket but all sadly never got their way. I used to honestly believe Nicola was one, but she's fast disappointed me on tax, reform of local government and on her centralising agenda.

Scotland is a basket case because it's badly led. Independence won't change that. Much like the UK is a basket case because it's badly lead. Not because of the EU.

You've just summed up Labour there Jambo x 2

You've just summed up Labour there Jambo x 2

What? Annoyance about a lack of any real vision for our nation. Yeah, I'd agree. As I say, at present it's crap for us all as all our leaders are crap.

Space Mackerel

What? Annoyance about a lack of any real vision for our nation. Yeah, I'd agree. As I say, at present it's crap for us all as all our leaders are crap.

I don't think that way, I like the way Scotland is going. Eventually the populace have woken up and got their heads screwed on.

I don't think that way, I like the way Scotland is going. Eventually the populace have woken up and got their heads screwed on.

I think you're wrong. I think there's a lack of overarching vision for Scotland and it's way of life. I think we are, like our friends down south, becoming too prone to blame and differentiate on little issues rather than seek common ground. Our parliament passes unambitious legislation (like Westminster) and we constantly settle for less from government. The SNP are masters of big talk. But to me few things have matched the ambition. Same goes with their predecessors in office. Same goes with Westminster.

Scotland is fast becoming very light c conservative and unimaginative. We need to be bolder, union or not. Government needs to open its mind to new possibilities that technology is bringing. The UK too needs to be more open minded and trusting of local, devolved and regional government.

It's poor to be constantly offered the lesser of who cares visions.

Labour, the SNP, the Tories, Liberals and so on need to offer bolder visions of what they want. Because right now they're muddling through with no clear overarching vision to me.

Space Mackerel

I think you're wrong. I think there's a lack of overarching vision for Scotland and it's way of life. I think we are, like our friends down south, becoming too prone to blame and differentiate on little issues rather than seek common ground. Our parliament passes unambitious legislation (like Westminster) and we constantly settle for less from government. The SNP are masters of big talk. But to me few things have matched the ambition. Same goes with their predecessors in office. Same goes with Westminster.

Scotland is fast becoming very light c conservative and unimaginative. We need to be bolder, union or not. Government needs to open its mind to new possibilities that technology is bringing. The UK too needs to be more open minded and trusting of local, devolved and regional government.

It's poor to be constantly offered the lesser of who cares visions.

Labour, the SNP, the Tories, Liberals and so on need to offer bolder visions of what they want. Because right now they're muddling through with no clear overarching vision to me.

"We have become like our friends down south?" Eh? Think Scotland kicked off Brexit and Trump, we just had a better handle on it and have since the 70's. It's nothing new up here. Been around for years and years.

Whist you might maintain that the Edinburgh housing market might be linked to the over spill of the London one, giving you a tidy income last few years no doubt, the economies of Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen, Inverness are not, and, centralist London policies did not help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kingantti1874

The SNP are spending money? Is that correct? Who is spending the money?

http://www.debtbombshell.com

?1.7 trillion now?

Yes I'm aware, the UK has a debt mountain and a scary deficit, when you look at our share we are the worst of the lot. I.e if you broke that public spending down in to nationalities and per head of population we are the biggest overspenders.. and the SNP have campaigned against the measures required to reduce it.

"We have become like our friends down south?" Eh? Think Scotland kicked off Brexit and Trump, we just had a better handle on it and have since the 70's. It's nothing new up here. Been around for years and years.

Whist you might maintain that the Edinburgh housing market might be linked to the over spill of the London one, giving you a tidy income last few years no doubt, the economies of Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen, Inverness are not, and, centralist London policies did not help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a government that is constantly blaming Westminster for things in its control and for things it has controlled since it came to office in 2007. Similarly the previous Lab/Lib government here did the same.

That's what I mean about the similarities. Westninster politicians woukd blame Brussels, Scots blame London.

It's tiresome.

No idea about the property market linked to me btw. But I agree that when ut comes to homes people are priced out of the market which certainly helps no one.

Edited by JamboX2

C'mon, i'm waiting on "britz" and "GLS" for a house.

Just retaliation, Arnie. Don't take it personally.

Tick tock

Mintit

C'mon, i'm waiting on "britz" and "GLS" for a house.

Here Arnie, where exactly did Scotland's ?600/800billion oil go? That's right, Thatcher's tax cuts for her friends.

You'd think we'd at least have pothole free roads.

Edited by aussieh

Trapper John McIntyre

Amber Rudd's reply to SNP narcissist prick John Nicolson:

C24IU6FWIAEX2I-.jpg

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

Trapper John McIntyre

Here Arnie, where exactly did Scotland's ?600/800billion oil go? That's right, Thatcher's tax cuts for her friends.

Been watching that fascinating documentary tonight, Scots and the Klan, Aus?

Been watching that fascinating documentary tonight, Scots and the Klan, Aus?

No no no no..

Its an english disease.

We as a people are perfect.

Arnold Rothstein

*Britain's oil.

jack D and coke

It's not yet.

Genuine question here mate. Where do you think all this will be in say 20 years? There's growing discontent in England about what Scotland apparently gets and spends etc where do you see it all leading?

Arnold Rothstein

Genuine question here mate. Where do you think all this will be in say 20 years? There's growing discontent in England about what Scotland apparently gets and spends etc where do you see it all leading?

I genuinely can't see much changing - there is currently no vehicle to bring English discontent to a head. People will moan but ultimately do nothing about it. You could point to Brexit to disprove my point but there was much more at play in that than there would ever be in a Scotland vs England/Wales situation (immigration being the main one IMO). 

jack D and coke

I genuinely can't see much changing - there is currently no vehicle to bring English discontent to a head. People will moan but ultimately do nothing about it. You could point to Brexit to disprove my point but there was much more at play in that than there would ever be in a Scotland vs England/Wales situation (immigration being the main one IMO).

Yeah fair enough. Personally I think that England might push to get rid of us to be quite honest, especially if the snp remain in such a powerful position and keep playing the hard done to card. I was a Yes voter but I don't like the potentially acrimonious split that I think is coming down the tracks. I can't see any other outcome myself. Probably take 20 years but I can't see how it can be salvaged anymore. It's going to be years of squabbling then the split for me. We'll see I guess.

We have a government that is constantly blaming Westminster for things in its control and for things it has controlled since it came to office in 2007. Similarly the previous Lab/Lib government here did the same.

That's what I mean about the similarities. Westninster politicians woukd blame Brussels, Scots blame London.

It's tiresome.

No idea about the property market linked to me btw. But I agree that when ut comes to homes people are priced out of the market which certainly helps no one.

Obviously all public services are constrained by the resources available and the Scottish government will want more. What I would like you to demonstrate is which areas of Scottish gov responsibility has the SNP blamed Westminster for.

Seems to me it's the other way round with Ruth using performance indicators from England to criticise the SNP record on the nhs when the real figures were superior to those on England. Then there was another Tory MSP who launched an attack on the SNP for poor broadband coverage and even though it was his policy brief he did not know it was a reserved matter. Kez and Neil Dflay have a whole catalogue of similarly stupid, unfounded and malicious attacks on the  standard of public services in Scotland.

Space Mackerel

The English Treasury built the M25 and the Channel Tunnel with it. 

Sturgeon finally using the words

"Leaving EU is a matter for the UK government" which she clearly knew from the start.

To be fair, it was the court decision this morning that finally nailed that one down.

In other words Westminster can overrule Holyrood whenever it wants, is my take on it.

Trapper John McIntyre

So what will the SNP do if Westminster doesn't sanction another independence referendum?

Shit themselves when they don't get the reaction they expect from the Scottish people.

CavySlaveJambo

Unilateral declaration of independence. 

Surely today's decision has let that thought come to the minds of more than a few. 

Edited by CavySlaveJambo

Arnold Rothstein

How do you come to that conclusion? Do you live in the South East I take it?

Nope. Should money raised in a certain area of the country only be spent in that area?