Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

The Welsh Assembly voted through the Brexit bill yesterday, Labour and Conservatives voting it through. The Assembly said they were working together with the Scottish Government and that the opposition to it in Scotland was " nonsense". Smoke and Mirrors coming from the SNP separatist government.

Really? Labour and Conservative aye? You actually believe the welsh Labour Party? 

No wonder labour is dead up here. 

Well that and appointing numpty after numpty. I remember one poster who only ever posts in the political threads telling me that Jim Murphy was a big hitter and would turn it around :lol: 

Labour are dead in Scotland. They have no spine and are still trying to con the scottish people after getting a kicking and this type of thing reinforces the thinking. 

They don’t seem to have the brains to open their eyes either. 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jambo lodge said:

The Welsh Assembly voted through the Brexit bill yesterday, Labour and Conservatives voting it through. The Assembly said they were working together with the Scottish Government and that the opposition to it in Scotland was " nonsense". Smoke and Mirrors coming from the SNP separatist government.

Yet if Holyrood's stance does result in a compromise, then I'm sure the Welsh will be happy to take that!

shaun.lawson
4 hours ago, jambo lodge said:

The Welsh Assembly voted through the Brexit bill yesterday, Labour and Conservatives voting it through. 

Wales voted to leave the EU, so your point is moot. 

jambo lodge
20 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Point is that the Welsh Assembly were working closely with the SNP Government who then chose to say no. Sources close to the Welsh Government say that Mike Russell was ready to accept the deal but was "stamped on" at Holyrood. Jim Sillars quoted today as saying there is a one person government in Scotland......think he is wrong there are two Murrells running the separatist SNP government. 

14 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Point is that the Welsh Assembly were working closely with the SNP Government who then chose to say no. Sources close to the Welsh Government say that Mike Russell was ready to accept the deal but was "stamped on" at Holyrood. Jim Sillars quoted today as saying there is a one person government in Scotland......think he is wrong there are two Murrells running the separatist SNP government. 

Are you saying that Nicola Sturgeon told the "Scottish" Labour party representatives which way to vote?

Thunderstruck
17 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

It is quite clear from conversations with more rational SNP supporters (strangely, not an oxymoron) that the “MacMafia” (the Murrells, McKay, Blackford and co.) have a stranglehold in the SNP in Parliament. This is seen as damaging rather than easing the road to independence. 

A schism, perhaps a putsch, may not be far off. 

jambo lodge
7 minutes ago, Sraman said:

Are you saying that Nicola Sturgeon told the "Scottish" Labour party representatives which way to vote?

Nice try, Sturgeon has her own agenda which is purely independence. Goodness only knows what Labour were doing yesterday. At least the Liberals had the decency to admit their vote was purely anti-brexit. 

1 minute ago, jambo lodge said:

Nice try, Sturgeon has her own agenda which is purely independence. Goodness only knows what Labour were doing yesterday. At least the Liberals had the decency to admit their vote was purely anti-brexit. 

It's you that's trying. Not very successfully either. If I can see through your pish you don't have any hope of convincing anyone else.

jambo lodge
13 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

It is quite clear from conversations with more rational SNP supporters (strangely, not an oxymoron) that the “MacMafia” (the Murrells, McKay, Blackford and co.) have a stranglehold in the SNP in Parliament. This is seen as damaging rather than easing the road to independence. 

A schism, perhaps a putsch, may not be far off. 

Rational SNP supporters are not many on this board that's for sure. 

SpruceBringsteen
52 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

I'm no SNP fan but tbh it's really no they boys that come across as being the ones bashing their keyboards in a spittle flecked rage every time they post.

I'm a yes voting SNP supporter and the recent 'nanny state' policies being forced on us by Sturgeon is really getting my back up. Increasing the price of cheap alcohol targets people on the bottom of society and takes more money out of their pocket which I find frankly disgusting. Alcoholics are addicts and addiction isn't a choice. They will go without bevy for their fix and if they have children this will hit them hardest. 

Now we have Sturgeon coming after Pizza deals because Jamie Oliver says so. Again, this targets the poor. If Sturgeon was serious about addressing this then how about starting with better education and options in Schools? I remember a very overweight autistic boy (I left highschool in '13) and day after day he'd get his lunch and it would be the two greasiest Pizza slices I've ever seen from the school canteen. Schools are state run (mostly) so surely they could enforce healthy eating where it is their prerogative and only offer healthy choices there? Moreover, how can she morally justify this without bringing down the cost of foods that she decides are healthy?

The government have no right whatsoever to attempt to dictate what food you can and cannot consume and all this is doing is targeting the poor - as I seriously doubt those on decent wages are eating as poorly. It reeks of some sort of 1984 collectivist shite. All these policies will do is force the cost of living up for those on the bottom rung of society and push more into using foodbanks. For a party that claims to be working for the Scottish people this is a pretty ****ed up way of showing it. 

Assuming this pizza law goes through I'm done with politics. Ultimately Indy is something I will always want but I cannot vote for sturgeon in this messed up crusade of policing what people consume. Its invasive and frankly a disgusting waste of government resources. A vanity project seems the most apt way to describe it. 

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Assuming this pizza law goes through I'm done with politics. 

Not a line I ever thought I'd see written - nor one I imagine I'll ever see written again.

The link between poverty and obesity is extremely well established. Good on the Scottish government for trying to do something about it. The tears and snotters on here about minimum unit pricing, meanwhile, are absolutely hilarious - and entirely because people don't want to pay more for something they like. That's it.

Smokers are addicts just like alcoholics. Funny how making it more and more expensive and banning it in public places has substantially reduced the number of smokers, huh? 

shaun.lawson
2 hours ago, jambo lodge said:

There is precisely zero that is irrational about believing in democracy and self-determination. 

The SNP has dominated Scottish politics for over a decade now. Are you seriously suggesting all their voters are "irrational"? 

jambo lodge
29 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

There is precisely zero that is irrational about believing in democracy and self-determination. 

The SNP has dominated Scottish politics for over a decade now. Are you seriously suggesting all their voters are "irrational"? 

Some SNP supporters are quite literally obsessed with independence and the anti-English rhetoric on here at times certainly has racist overtones. Please show me where I have said that all SNP voters are irrational......you don't have to be an SNP supporter to be irrational Shaun?   

Space Mackerel
8 hours ago, jambo lodge said:

Should the Welsh assembly copy every law and decision Holyrood makes? 

Space Mackerel

Some SNP supporters are quite literally obsessed with independence and the anti-English rhetoric on here at times certainly has racist overtones. Please show me where I have said that all SNP voters are irrational......you don't have to be an SNP supporter to be irrational Shaun?   

You cornetted me last night which suggests my post was irrational :rofl: 

Get back in the sea. 

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, OTT said:

I'm a yes voting SNP supporter and the recent 'nanny state' policies being forced on us by Sturgeon is really getting my back up. Increasing the price of cheap alcohol targets people on the bottom of society and takes more money out of their pocket which I find frankly disgusting. Alcoholics are addicts and addiction isn't a choice. They will go without bevy for their fix and if they have children this will hit them hardest. 

Now we have Sturgeon coming after Pizza deals because Jamie Oliver says so. Again, this targets the poor. If Sturgeon was serious about addressing this then how about starting with better education and options in Schools? I remember a very overweight autistic boy (I left highschool in '13) and day after day he'd get his lunch and it would be the two greasiest Pizza slices I've ever seen from the school canteen. Schools are state run (mostly) so surely they could enforce healthy eating where it is their prerogative and only offer healthy choices there? Moreover, how can she morally justify this without bringing down the cost of foods that she decides are healthy?

The government have no right whatsoever to attempt to dictate what food you can and cannot consume and all this is doing is targeting the poor - as I seriously doubt those on decent wages are eating as poorly. It reeks of some sort of 1984 collectivist shite. All these policies will do is force the cost of living up for those on the bottom rung of society and push more into using foodbanks. For a party that claims to be working for the Scottish people this is a pretty ****ed up way of showing it. 

Assuming this pizza law goes through I'm done with politics. Ultimately Indy is something I will always want but I cannot vote for sturgeon in this messed up crusade of policing what people consume. Its invasive and frankly a disgusting waste of government resources. A vanity project seems the most apt way to describe it. 

The minimum pricing was also brought in to stop wee bams getting tanked up in the summer and stop them smashing **** out their local community. 

jambo lodge
9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You cornetted me last night which suggests my post was irrational :rofl: 

Get back in the sea. 

If the cap fits.

shaun.lawson
15 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Um... what anti-English rhetoric? I'm English, and I've never seen any. I've seen anti-Westminster rhetoric - and that's fair enough. 

Your other point is well made and taken. It's just that your depiction of the SNP and many of its supporters is, well, rather cliched.

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

If the cap fits.

Did you not like my map with dates showing all the countries that have told the Divided Kingdom to bolt over the years?

We’re next inline but we could be pipped by Ireland uniting first :)

Space Mackerel
10 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Um... what anti-English rhetoric? I'm English, and I've never seen any. I've seen anti-Westminster rhetoric - and that's fair enough. 

Your other point is well made and taken. It's just that your depiction of the SNP and many of its supporters is, well, rather cliched.

Every Indy supporter according to Lodges wee world. ?

jambo lodge
8 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Just go back and read some of the comments on here about " little Englanders " etc.  Spacey is expert at it.   

shaun.lawson

Just go back and read some of the comments on here about " little Englanders " etc.  Spacey is expert at it.   

But those are accurate :laugh: I can't understand little Englanders either. :down: 

Space Mackerel

Ive never made one anti-English post, anywhere, in my life. Because, I’m not anti-English.

Im very very anti-Westminster though. 

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Not a line I ever thought I'd see written - nor one I imagine I'll ever see written again.

The link between poverty and obesity is extremely well established. Good on the Scottish government for trying to do something about it. The tears and snotters on here about minimum unit pricing, meanwhile, are absolutely hilarious - and entirely because people don't want to pay more for something they like. That's it.

Smokers are addicts just like alcoholics. Funny how making it more and more expensive and banning it in public places has substantially reduced the number of smokers, huh? 

I'm very passionate about my Pizza Shaun. 

Seriously though, it feels like the government are just continually chipping away at peoples income and coming up with creative ways to waste money and take more of your money. If I want to have a Pizza with my family on a Tuesday night that has absolutely ****ing nothing to do with Nicola Sturgeon. Its totally invasive and overreaching. What next? Pushing some sort of vegan agenda to cut down meat consumption as cows produce too much methane? - I'm being ridiculous, but based on the current trend a 'meat tax' seriously wouldn't seem that ridiculous!

I feel like its a slippery slope of continual overreach which does low income working class families no good whatsoever. They cannot campaign on an anti austerity/ food bank platform whilst pushing families closer towards having to use them. 

I've only ever voted SNP and its bloody painful having to be this negative about them but i'm finding it hard to reconcile my desire for independence with these 1984esque policies. 

If Sturgeon wants to effect positive change ensuring Schools are serving healthy lunches only would be a good start, as would ensuring Home Economics classes are teaching kids how to make healthy food as opposed to cakes. 

Space Mackerel

Smoking, bevying and eating junk food will put you in an early grave. 

TBH, Dominoes are that shite they should be banned anyway. 

So SNP won't let you have a smoke indoors, a cheap beer, a drink with a meal if you're driving. How the hell did Mhairi Black get elected? :jj_facepalm:

Coming back to where this all started. FoI has revealed that the SG intervened to have M&S change their website, which had a whisky's country of origin as the UK and not Scotland.

Forget about the stagnating economy, the failures in health and education. Flags and labels are the things that really matter to these goons.

Thunderstruck
3 hours ago, pablo said:

Coming back to where this all started. FoI has revealed that the SG intervened to have M&S change their website, which had a whisky's country of origin as the UK and not Scotland.

Forget about the stagnating economy, the failures in health and education. Flags and labels are the things that really matter to these goons.

Let’s not forget platform signs or the rebranding of police cars. 

C0553942-F914-40D7-88ED-12B750051D7D.jpeg

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, pablo said:

Why do you want whisky labelled as British? You do realise it’s the uk “goons” who are desperate to see a Union Jack on the side of Scottish produce instead of a saltire. Explain to me the difference and why you’re a goon if you’re scottish and not British? 

48 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Why do you want whisky labelled as British? You do realise it’s the uk “goons” who are desperate to see a Union Jack on the side of Scottish produce instead of a saltire. Explain to me the difference and why you’re a goon if you’re scottish and not British? 

I don't want whisky labelled a British rather than Scottish. I don't particularly care, and anyway everyone knows where whisky comes from. There's a clue in the internationally used term "Scotch".

What I don't want is for the Scottish Government to waste time and resources on pish like this, when they should be "focussing on the day job"

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, pablo said:

I don't want whisky labelled a British rather than Scottish. I don't particularly care, and anyway everyone knows where whisky comes from. There's a clue in the internationally used term "Scotch".

What I don't want is for the Scottish Government to waste time and resources on pish like this, when they should be "focussing on the day job"

I don’t get why they want to re-brand our produce myself. America especially want the laws on scotch loosened I believe, laws that we’re protected in the Eu. I’d say a saltire is vitally important on the bottle. 

That is doing the day job for me. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Let’s not forget platform signs or the rebranding of police cars. 

C0553942-F914-40D7-88ED-12B750051D7D.jpeg

Overkill! 3 languages (one of the dead) on cop cars! What a waste of paint! 

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yeah the welsh government don’t do it either. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
22 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Wales :jj_facepalm:

Wales is moot.

Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Wales is moot.

Really shouldnt but this made me LOL

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's OK, our government doesn't pay for it, it's subsidised by Westminster! The last laughs on us again, ha ha! The fools.

34 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Wales is moot.

How will his plants grow if he can't talk to them?

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah the welsh government don’t do it either. 

Amazes me the seethe that BritNats consume over another language and flags.

They're the Hearts fans who get their UJ flegs out at away days, sing their wee sectarian dittys and the vast majority sneer and laugh at them behind their backs too. 

Gorgiewave
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Amazes me the seethe that BritNats consume over another language and flags.

They're the Hearts fans who get their UJ flegs out at away days, sing their wee sectarian dittys and the vast majority sneer and laugh at them behind their backs too. 

Independence will never happen. Get a new hobby.

Space Mackerel
Just now, Gorgiewave said:

Independence will never happen. Get a new hobby.

48% and rising :)

Its all over GW, you know it too.

SpruceBringsteen

I find the seething, venomous hatred towards Gaelic absolutely bizarre.

Perhaps someone could explain it to me.

15 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Not sure anyway hates Gaelic - however I do question the need/value for money with duplicating signs etc. for a language only spoken by about 1% of the population.

Pans Jambo
Just now, Doogz said:

Not sure anyway hates Gaelic - however I do question the need/value for money with duplicating signs etc. for a language only spoken by about 1% of the population.

Do they actually duplicate signs or just add Gaelic onto the English ones?

Perhaps its for social inclusion for the tens of thousands (& growing) of the Scottish population who do speak Gaelic. I know they speak English too but I dont see any problem with having bi-lingual signs. Most of Europe/World has some signs that are in the local lingo and English or something else.

Gorgiewave
20 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

There is no hatred of Gaelic. There is resentment and perplexity that money is spent on Gaelic in places where nobody speaks Gaelic and never has and that people are expected to care about it. Being pressurised to care about it is at the core of the problem. Some of us have a similar reaction to celebrities. I care not a jot about which actor is shagging which singer, but it can be difficult to avoid hearing about it. Some people react the same way about football.  There are about 55,000 Gaelic speakers in Scotland, all of whom also speak English. There is zero reason why it should be on signs and police cars all over Scotland. Basque language signs all over Mallorca or Welsh language signs all over Belfast would be equally bizarre.

Gorgiewave
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Perhaps its for social inclusion for the tens of thousands (& growing) of the Scottish population who do speak Gaelic. I know they speak English too but I dont see any problem with having bi-lingual signs. Most of Europe/World has some signs that are in the local lingo and English or something else.

Do you feel excluded when you go to France or Spain and the signs are not in English?

I don't see how anybody would feel excluded by reading a sign in one of their native languages (English) in a country in which English is the native language of the vast majority.

Also, if it is a question of social inclusion, why aren't signs in Polish or Spanish or Punjabi or Urdu? They have at least as many speakers in Scotland.

Gorgiewave
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

48% and rising :)

Its all over GW, you know it too.

About 43% and falling, Spaced out weirdo. It's over and it's not coming back.

Thunderstruck
32 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I can see the point of replacement if the signs are in the Gàedhealtachd but not in the Lowlands or the North East where English sits alongside quite separate Scottish languages. Did Haymarket ever have a Gaelic place name?

Even then, there are differences between Gaelic as spoken at either end of the Hebrides so which to use?

I have a fondness for Gaelic and Gaelic culture - it is the language that both my parents grew up with and used daily. If my early years had not been on the Mainland, I might be able to do more than get the gist of the commentary on Alba’s coverage. 

I do not agree with the SNP dressing themselves up in the Gaelic language just as they do with the Saltire. Similarly, there are better things to do than invent “Police Scotland” or amalgamate BTP for no better reason than it being named  “BRITISH Transport Police” (they certainly can’t claim efficiency or cost saving). 

Space Mackerel

Scotland was recently voted the no 1 place to visit by Travel Republic. 

The Gaelic signage adds to the many thousands of foreign visitors experience visiting this wee country. 

Its all not about the Yoons and how it fits into their small blinkered wee world they inhabit. 

Geoff the Mince
9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Scotland was recently voted the no 1 place to visit by Travel Republic. 

The Gaelic signage adds to the many thousands of foreign visitors experience visiting this wee country. 

Its all not about the Yoons and how it fits into their small blinkered wee world they inhabit. 

Aye the tourists came to see some signs  :cornette_dog: