Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Utter nonsense, the only reason for holding on to some powers initially is to ensure there is joined up policy in agriculture and Fisheries for the whole of the UK......Westminster doing its job. Holyrood seeking more powers in respect of agriculture is a joke when they can even make payments to farmers due to a duff IT system. As for Fisheries the SNP wants to hand back powers to Brussels when they re-join the EU.

So, if I've got this right, Westminster agrees the framework, then devolves the power, but then the devolved government can't actually do much with that power, as Westminster has already said what can or can't happen with it.

Seems a bit off.

jambo lodge
Just now, Boris said:

So, if I've got this right, Westminster agrees the framework, then devolves the power, but then the devolved government can't actually do much with that power, as Westminster has already said what can or can't happen with it.

Seems a bit off.

As I understand it Westminster agrees an outline framework ( Westminster represented by MP's from all countries) to ensure UK wide best practice for animal health, production etc which is essential for control of infectious disease and welfare standards. Disease does not stop at a border between England and Scotland The devolved administrations agree what subsidies should be given to farmers depending on whether they want to support crofters/ big farmers etc..

1 minute ago, jambo lodge said:

As I understand it Westminster agrees an outline framework ( Westminster represented by MP's from all countries) to ensure UK wide best practice for animal health, production etc which is essential for control of infectious disease and welfare standards. Disease does not stop at a border between England and Scotland The devolved administrations agree what subsidies should be given to farmers depending on whether they want to support crofters/ big farmers etc..

Given the devolved parliaments will be responsible for these powers, shouldn't the devolved Governments be part of that initial framework outlining?  Might mean things get ironed out sooner, rather than later?

jambo lodge
8 minutes ago, Boris said:

Given the devolved parliaments will be responsible for these powers, shouldn't the devolved Governments be part of that initial framework outlining?  Might mean things get ironed out sooner, rather than later?

Would be interesting to find out for certain if they are. I used to work in this general area and cannot believe that there is no dialogue ongoing with the UK and Scottish scientific institutions that already work closely together. 

Space Mackerel
25 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

You just never answer questions raised.

Did any of the Devolved nations partake in the Brexit negotiations?

jambo lodge
5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Did any of the Devolved nations partake in the Brexit negotiations?

For sure they were consulted and had every opportunity to put their case forward. 

Adam Murray

Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP sticking up for devolution and more devolved powers, aye ok then :interehjrling:

Wait till she finds out there’s an entire party dedicated to scrapping devolution. It is the same party that boycotted the Scottish Constitutional Convention; that opposed devolution at the 1997 general election; that voted against setting up the Calman Commission; that allowed Holyrood’s tax powers to lapse; that tried to block the Scotland Act (2012); that agreed to leave powers over pensions at Westminster; and that, even now, asks the Tories to hold onto some welfare powers a bit longer. 

Full article

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/05/why-is-the-snp-trying-to-rewrite-history/

Space Mackerel
54 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

For sure they were consulted and had every opportunity to put their case forward. 

:rofl:

"An equal partner leading the Union"

:rofl:

Space Mackerel
14 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP sticking up for devolution and more devolved powers, aye ok then :interehjrling:

Wait till she finds out there’s an entire party dedicated to scrapping devolution. It is the same party that boycotted the Scottish Constitutional Convention; that opposed devolution at the 1997 general election; that voted against setting up the Calman Commission; that allowed Holyrood’s tax powers to lapse; that tried to block the Scotland Act (2012); that agreed to leave powers over pensions at Westminster; and that, even now, asks the Tories to hold onto some welfare powers a bit longer. 

Full article

Imagine taking the slightest on board from that fat mess of a propagandist 

5A2CFDB9-3DAC-4F26-B245-C9C0AAF409E3.jpeg

SpruceBringsteen

"BERYL! KICKBACK IS STANDING UP FOR WEE JIMMY KRANKIE AGAIN!!!!!!"

0.jpg

:laugh:

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

"BERYL! KICKBACK IS STANDING UP FOR WEE JIMMY KRANKIE AGAIN!!!!!!"

0.jpg

:laugh:

WEE NIPPY you mean!!!!!! :lol:

35 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Full article

The simple answer:

He seems to be a bit confused between the "Here and Now" and the "Ultimate Goal". We do the best for Scotland at all times with the tools afforded us. It's pretty damn hard without the full tool box and it would be near on impossible if what little tools we have are removed. Everyone knows that, even him.

So they gie ye a hoose, half fu' o' some o' the nice things ye need tae get oan, no a' ae them mind, jist some. So yer gettin' oan for a few years, getting used tae the things they gied ye, then there's a rap oan the door and it's them, come tae take away a' the maist important ae the nice things they gied ye! And as they disappear into the sunset wi' a' yer gear oan their cairt they turn around, laughing, and shout "Don't worry you can have it back when we've finished with it." And continue laughing all the way to Westminster.

Phil Dunphy

There's no point trying to discuss politics with the cultists, they won't hear a bad word said about their party or their leader.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

There's no point trying to discuss politics with the cultists, they won't hear a bad word said about their party or their leader.

Goan. Have a swipe at the Maybot or Ruth, theyre not exactly setting the heather on fire eh?

15 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

See all those tools I was going on about, they didn't give us any spanners. The Scottish Tories have a big bag of them though. They don't fit anything in a modern, metric, parliament because they're Westminster spanners, Whitworth and UNC/F, but they are good for chucking in the works. 

The very being for the "Scottish" Conservative and Unionist Party. Devolution is too much for them.

Space Mackerel
24 minutes ago, Sraman said:

See all those tools I was going on about, they didn't give us any spanners. The Scottish Tories have a big bag of them though. They don't fit anything in a modern, metric, parliament because they're Westminster spanners, Whitworth and UNC/F, but they are good for chucking in the works. 

The very being for the "Scottish" Conservative and Unionist Party. Devolution is too much for them.

What a brilliant post!

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Goan. Have a swipe at the Maybot or Ruth, theyre not exactly setting the heather on fire eh?

Right on cue.

I like how you assume that, because I despise the SNP and everyone in it, that I must be a Conservative.

21 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

What a brilliant post!

The truth is always hidden in plain sight. Should we be worried that the shrouds used to hide the truth are fading faster than sticky backed plastic? Can we handle the truth? Can they handle the truth?

Confused? You won't be after tonights episode .........

Tee hee hee, a missing apostrophe. Mwahhahaha.

Space Mackerel
32 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Right on cue.

I like how you assume that, because I despise the SNP and everyone in it, that I must be a Conservative.

If you despise the SNP, what else could you be then? 

Spit it out so we can get wired into your political beliefs, we might start a “Even More” type post about it. 

Space Mackerel
11 minutes ago, Sraman said:

The truth is always hidden in plain sight. Should we be worried that the shrouds used to hide the truth are fading faster than sticky backed plastic? Can we handle the truth? Can they handle the truth?

Confused? You won't be after tonights episode .........

Tee hee hee, a missing apostrophe. Mwahhahaha.

Indys on 48% and climbing. It’s a total stick on independence is coming, we just have to listen to a bit bleating on here till it comes :)

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

If you despise the SNP, what else could you be then? 

Spit it out so we can get wired into your political beliefs, we might start a “Even More” type post about it. 

Someone who utterly deplores Nationalism in all it's forms.

But that doesn't make me a fully paid up member of the Conservative party.

Space Mackerel
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Do you believe in British nationalism?

Waiting for you to nail your colours to the mast too. 

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Indys on 48% and climbing. It’s a total stick on independence is coming, we just have to listen to a bit bleating on here till it comes :)

That's why they have the spanners.

Internationalism?

Space Mackerel
Just now, Sraman said:

That's why they have the spanners.

Internationalism?

More spanners though, more it climbs. :) They’re ****ed either way.

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Do you believe in British nationalism?

Waiting for you to nail your colours to the mast too. 

No, I don't believe in any Nationalism. 

Consider my colours firmly nailed to the mast.

Space Mackerel
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

No, I don't believe in any Nationalism. 

Consider my colours firmly nailed to the mast.

Nationalism exists all over the world, it’s not a dirty word as you make out.

Too scared? 

Edited by Space Mackerel

Phil Dunphy

Too scared? 

Nationalism breeds hatred. That's not my bag.

You bash on, though.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
4 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Too scared? 

Are you completely incapable of adult discussion? 

'too scared' 

It's no wonder people laugh at you on here, you don't do yourself any favours at all. 

Space Mackerel

You bash on, though.

You could argue that this Union causes hatred too, maybe you’re a bit too young for the poll tax, miners strike and the shipyards getting shut down. 

More spanners though, more it climbs. :) They’re ****ed either way.

It's the British way, "Plenty more spanners where they come from, keep them going over the top Ruthy. She's a good girl that Ruthy what". 

I realise how crass that is. But that is the situation we find ourselves in.

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You bash on, though.

Internationalism has the opposite effect, yet it falls under your umbrella. 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Are you completely incapable of adult discussion? 

'too scared' 

It's no wonder people laugh at you on here, you don't do yourself any favours at all. 

I asked him to name the Political party he supports? 

Do you have a problem with that? 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Sraman said:

It's the British way, "Plenty more spanners where they come from, keep them going over the top Ruthy. She's a good girl that Ruthy what". 

I realise how crass that is. But that is the situation we find ourselves in.

Biggest constintutional crisis about to happen over Devolution and hardly a peep on the good ol’ BBC. 

Weird likes. 

7 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Too scared? 

OED definitions

Nationalism - Identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

Many folk don't feel nationalism as a thing as they don't believe or think in the manner of a nationalist.

Patriotism - The quality of being patriotic; devotion to and vigorous support for one's country.

More folk feel this and imo confuse the two. I would argue I feel more patriotic as a Scot than nationalistic.

Phil Dunphy

You could argue that this Union causes hatred too, maybe you’re a bit too young for the poll tax, miners strike and the shipyards getting shut down. 

And how much of that happened under a Conservative government?

You know? The government I didn't vote for.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

You know fine well what I mean. Your confrontation nonsense on almost every post you make does nothing but harm to your hope for independence. 

People like you turn others away from supporting independence. 

Phil Dunphy
6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

It's none of your business how I voted in the GE. What I'm telling you is your assertion that I'm a Tory is wrong.

Biggest constintutional crisis about to happen over Devolution and hardly a peep on the good ol’ BBC. 

Weird likes. 

Because there is no crisis yet. There are still negotiations to come. JMC meets next week to discuss Brexit and the Withdrawal Bill and the Clause 11 amendments are tabled this week. So no crisis.

Rightly a huge achievement of devolution led the news - minimum pricing.

Phil Dunphy

On a side note, imagine "supporting" a political party. Going to conferences with your scarf and booking a bus for Lib Dems away.

It's not a football team ffs.

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

OED definitions

Nationalism - Identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

Many folk don't feel nationalism as a thing as they don't believe or think in the manner of a nationalist.

Patriotism - The quality of being patriotic; devotion to and vigorous support for one's country.

More folk feel this and imo confuse the two. I would argue I feel more patriotic as a Scot than nationalistic.

You can feel anyway you want, I just think Scotland will be better off economically, socially and politically. It’s as simple as that.

You over think your subconscious. I hope not to point score on here.

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And how much of that happened under a Conservative government?

You know? The government I didn't vote for.

All of it :lol: 

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

You know fine well what I mean. Your confrontation nonsense on almost every post you make does nothing but harm to your hope for independence. 

People like you turn others away from supporting independence. 

Politics is quite confrontational, it’s nothing new. Especially when you believe in something 100% like I do. 

You ain’t going to change me, Not a chance.

2 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

OED definitions

Won't somebody spare a thought for the Internationalists? 

Phil Dunphy

All of it :lol: 

Great, I must remember to keep not voting for them.

Are you willing to apologise for wrongly assuming about me?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Politics is quite confrontational, it’s nothing new. Especially when you believe in something 100% like I do. 

You ain’t going to change me, Not a chance.

It doesn't matter to me I you change. I just feel you are going about things the wrong way. 

Up to you tho mate. ? 

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It's none of your business how I voted in the GE. What I'm telling you is your assertion that I'm a Tory is wrong.

You cant come on a political thread and offer no solutions. 

All your doing is slating posters, well, for posting their thoughts. 

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

It doesn't matter to me I you change. I just feel you are going about things the wrong way. 

Up to you tho mate. ? 

I’ll say please and thank you next time :)

Phil Dunphy

You cant come on a political thread and offer no solutions. 

All your doing is slating posters, well, for posting their thoughts. 

I trust you can show me where I slated you for posting your views?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

I’ll say please and thank you next time :)

:getout:

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Great, I must remember to keep not voting for them.

Are you willing to apologise for wrongly assuming about me?

UKIP? 

Labour? (Scottish yin)

Lib Dems (Scottish yin)

Greens (Scottish yin)

SSP?

Momentum?

Cmon, you can do it?