Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

I do wish though that we had a brand new stadium. I think (I await pelters) that even Hibs stadium is better than ours. Yours looks great but the proof is once (if) it is built.

IMG_1496.GIF

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sadj said:

How many of them do you have to drive too? Or are walking distance to the ground ala union street to pittodrie or the beach to pittodrie? 

From Kingsford, the pubs easily walking distance are the shepherd's rest, key west, Westhill hotel (two bars in there and also a big function room which could accommodate a few hundred - so if they have any sense they'll open it up on match day and make a fortune), the village hotel, and of course the supporters bar at the stadium. And they're talking about a fanzone with bands playing pre-match.

Technically walking distance, but 30-45 mins walk so a bit of a trek, is the broadstraik inn, four mile house, and the golf club.

Garlogie, & red star you'd need a taxi/mini-bus from.

The Westhill shopping centre is a 15 minute walk away and has coffee shops, takeaways, and a few restaurants too.

Does it compare to union street? No. But people go on like it's in the middle of nowhere. I grew up in Westhill, full of no voters, but generally it's okay.

3 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I honestly don't get the aggro about this.

Were it us we'd be all for it, just as they naturally are, leave them to it and if it works, good luck to them. It's Aberdeen ffs, not the "twins".

I can think of a lot more for us to be concerned about.

Totally disagree. I’d be dead against this for Hearts. If I was an Aberdeen fan, I would want to redevelop Pittodrie one stand at a time, as the club were able to afford it, raising the funds as we went.

3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

They have a larger capacity, you can see from all angles of the stadium and they didn't screw up their main stand like we did.

Easter Road is one of the ugliest ‘completed’ modern stadia I have ever seen. Everything about it screams shit. They only have a very limited number of extra seats than Tynecastle and the fact is they struggle to get bums on those. That’s all before you start to look closely at the finer details. 

The four stands are at completely different distances from each other.

The stands are too far away from the pitch, meaning the view from the bottom five rows is chronically bad.

The exterior is absolutely ganting, more akin to a modern hospital than a football stadium. Their main stand looks like the loading bay of a cash and carry.

There is no logical front, back and sides to it all. It’s just four completely separate buildings randomly placed within the general vicinity of each other. There is no ‘connect’, meaning it doesn’t feel like one building. This is not helped by the big angles cut out of the two smaller stands where roads are outside.

The atmosphere and noise all disappears as soon as it is created. You can get a bit of a rammy going in one stand at a time, but the disjointed nature of the stadium means you can’t get the whole place feeling like a couldron of noise, like we can at tynecastle.

C1AF4024-587F-40AA-96D6-9059D03C912B.jpeg

F4052D34-A10F-44A8-8C6A-F0ECF9579734.jpeg

895C4020-2229-454F-B9D9-C5B841319227.jpeg

4 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

I do wish though that we had a brand new stadium. I think (I await pelters) that even Hibs stadium is better than ours. Yours looks great but the proof is once (if) it is built.

Stands miles apart

Filled in massive gaps at corners with terrible advertising boards the size of a detached house

Extremely poor leg room for anyone 6ft+

I have a very strong feeling that you are a wee trolling Hibby.  Glad I have a life..

kingantti1874
4 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Where are the executive/corporate boxes. Capacity means more money in gate receipts, food and drink, programmes, etc. We had to take out part of the new stand to allow TV.

Hibs 

Bazzas right boot

Good luck.

Imo Scotland puts too much emphasis on stadium and history.

I'm glad we stayed at Tynecastle, but there would have been benifits to an all singing, dancing new out of town job too.

Teams like Bayern and juventus have moved, big teams also share stadiums.

We're a bit backward thinking here in regards to how important a structure is. The football team on the park is far more important.

It's a risk, but there is a reward if done properly.

IveSeenTheLight
5 hours ago, sadj said:

You ignored my question and iv no idea what you think i backtracked on. When im at work I take a packet of cashews , a couple protein bars and a bottle of eggs whites. Thats not really doable going to the football so i wouldn’t be eating. Now , you’ve made me spund like a pompous gym going ass can you answer the question??. For instance are you going to walk from the Garlogie Inn to Kingsford as you would say TGIs to Pittodrie? My personal eating habits do not reflect 99.9% of the people going to games but the subject is relevant to them. There is a lot of holes in the project and thats why a lot of the Aberdeen fams I know are not convinced by Milnes spin on things. 

What question did I ignore?

I too have a high protein diet and have found lots of options to pack in the protein (and I'm not a gym going ass).

You raised the point about options for eating, hence why we explored that subject further.

The Garlogie Inn you've chosen as the furthest distance (to suit your purpose I presume) and possibly would be better utilised by those driving or supporters buses.

There are plenty others within walking distance and I would expect further businesses to open up over the years.

Instead of looking at the negatives, try looking at the best options that suit yourself

Can’t be arsed reading 25 pages - what’s the capacity going to be? I’m interested from Scotland internationals not is it bigger than tynie 

IveSeenTheLight
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Or are walking distance to the ground ala union street to pittodrie or the beach to pittodrie? 

The Westhill Shopping centre (which is central to the options I showed) is half the distance to the new stadium as Union Square is to Pittodrie.

You'd also need to walk to or drive to the beach. Assuming you take a supporters bus, they can offer a number of differing options.

6 hours ago, La_Leyenda said:

First of all, it doesn't take 2 hours to empty a car park with 1300 vehicles.

It takes Bayern Munich 3 hours to empty theirs, but that holds 9,800 vehicles, and there's generally a crowd of 75,000 spilling out. 

Secondly, this "40 minute shuttle buses." It *might* take that long getting from Kingford to Union street after a game. But, only a minority will be using these buses, and then maybe only half of that will actually be going to union street. Others will be going to other areas, not all the buses are leaving from or going to the same place. It certainly won't take anywhere near 40 minutes to get to Dyce park and ride for example - down the new bypass it'll be 10-15 minutes.

You're basically looking at worst case scenarios. For many, Kingsford will be a quicker and easier trip. For most, it'll be no more hassle, or a minimal hassle, than going to Pittodrie. 

For me and the mates I go with. At the moment we all meet at someone's house near great northern road. If it's a decent day we'll walk to Pittodrie (about 45 minutes). If it's cold we'll drive to george street, maybe 15 minute walk from there (we could park closer but we tend to avoid the traffic if we park there so it's an easier drive back.) After a game with walk and traffic it's 30 mins give or take from stadium back to friends house. 

At Kingsford, we've already worked out we'll take turns driving. According to google it's 12-15 mins to Kingswells P&R, and that doesn't take into account there will soon be a big bypass leading straight to it. From there it's a 25 minute walk to stadium (with a bar on the way) or 5 mins on the shuttle bus. After a game I reckon we'll be from stadium to house in maybe 40 minutes. 

It's a change of routine, that's all. I highly doubt that extra 10 mins will put any of us off, especially when the stadium we're going to will be a lot better than Pittodrie.

They can't appeal the decision. They can raise funds (they need 60 grand they say) for a judicial review which will look at whether the council followed the correct process in coming to a decision. It may take up to 18 months. But, seems a waste of money to me. They can argue things like it went against greenbelt policy, the local development plan, but it's all clutching at straws.

You're living in dream world mate, and the fact you are coming on to a Hearts forum (in the middle of the night) to debate it shows that you don't believe the guff your speaking.  If there is even a city left by the time the stadium is built then good luck

IveSeenTheLight
5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Interesting. Why are they moving? Pittodrie was pretty shit the last time I was there which was about 2011.

Is Whigfield trying to get his hands on the land for development purposes? He seems to have been talking about that forever.

It's commercially better to co-locate at the new grounds site than redevelop Pittodrie and have training / AFCCT facilities elsewhere

IveSeenTheLight
5 hours ago, sadj said:

As stated ISTL said the funding for phase one was in place instead only 60% is and the rest is made up of selling Pittodrie and investment but theres no clear idea of where this investment is coming from. Due to this some again see it as being a risky startegy that could have a severley damaging effect on the club. 

Let's put forward a hypothetical example, based on some snippets and info we do have

The plans are estimate as being £50M, but lets add 20% as contingency for overruns

£60M Project, £6M already in place, lets say £16M - £18M from the sale of Pittodrie.

This still leaves £36M - £38M.

Let's also assume we can raise another £6M-£8M from further investment, naming rights corporate debentures etc.

Were still short by £30M

Dave Cormack (recently sold his company for circa £567M) and Stewart Milne (nett worth reported as being circa £150M) could invest £15M each (a small fraction of their wealth) to take a 25% portion of the developments value.

End result, no debt for the club.

Just a hypothesis and entirely plausible

6 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Where are the executive/corporate boxes. Capacity means more money in gate receipts, food and drink, programmes, etc. We had to take out part of the new stand to allow TV.

Not even trying to be subtle .

time for your ???

6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

A lot of posters on this thread seem to be behaving like Hibs fans with their comments. Dwindling crowds, cancelled DDs, racking up debt and all the other shite they spout.

Aberdeen will get their new stadium eventually and they'll be fine. Their crowds will remain either the 4th or 5th biggest in Scotland as they usually are.

No point in listing off worst case scenarios and moan bitterly when they don't happen like the vermin do.

Good luck in the new stadium sheep fans. It'll be a bit shit for you being out of town but needs must.

Worked really well for Arsenal too

7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Let's put forward a hypothetical example, based on some snippets and info we do have

The plans are estimate as being £50M, but lets add 20% as contingency for overruns

£60M Project, £6M already in place, lets say £16M - £18M from the sale of Pittodrie.

Let's also assume we can raise another £6M-£8M from further investment, naming rights corporate debentures etc.

Were still short by £30M

Dave Cormack (recently sold his company for circa £567M) and Stewart Milne (nett worth reported as being circa £150M) could invest £15M each (a small fraction of their wealth) to take a 25% portion of the developments value.

It wasn't his company, Cormack was part of a management team that sold their 30% stake, the other 70% was owned by an investment company, and I suspect you know that. IIRC his personal gain was more like 10% of the figure you're quoting, while Milne's wealth is c. 100 million last report I saw.

You are at it. 

maroonnicky63
On 11/23/2016 at 14:39, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Scottish clubs investing in new infrastructure can't be a bad thing all round. It might turn out decent. Anything that helps the non-OF clubs grow is fine by me.

well said ,if Scotland want to be taken seriously in a football sense the more teams that can build decent stadiums the better , good news 

gorgie rd eh11

Thank **** we never followed up any "out of town" options. I think they're making a huge mistake, the novelty will wear off.

FFS now i know ISTL's dietary habits, that's me finished on this thread, hope this whole project cripples the dandies and they rot forever more.

Image result for high protein sheep food

IveSeenTheLight
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It wasn't his company, Cormack was part of a management team that sold their 30% stake, the other 70% was owned by an investment company, and I suspect you know that. IIRC his personal gain was more like 10% of the figure you're quoting, while Milne's wealth is c. 100 million last report I saw.

It's been reported that Dave Cormacks stake was £567M

A former chief executive of Aberdeen Football Club has sold his stake in a US- based software company for £567 million.

It's also reported that the ResMed purchase of Bright tree was $800M (£630M)

Cormack, who was born and brought up in Aberdeen and is a lifelong Dons fan, was president and chief executive of healthcare software developer Brightree, which designs cloud-based solutions for post-acute care providers.Brightree was sold to US-listed ResMed last year in an $800m (£630m) deal.

Milnes nett wealth did reduce to approx £100M around 2008/09 and by 2015 it was back up to £136M

The Aberdeen Rich List 2015

The Sunday times also reported him at £140M in 2017

IveSeenTheLight
20 minutes ago, cheetah said:

FFS now i know ISTL's dietary habits, that's me finished on this thread, hope this whole project cripples the dandies and they rot forever more.

Image result for high protein sheep food

LOL, worthy of recognition.

Good een. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It's been reported that Dave Cormacks stake was £567M

A former chief executive of Aberdeen Football Club has sold his stake in a US- based software company for £567 million.

It's also reported that the ResMed purchase of Bright tree was $800M (£630M)

Cormack, who was born and brought up in Aberdeen and is a lifelong Dons fan, was president and chief executive of healthcare software developer Brightree, which designs cloud-based solutions for post-acute care providers.Brightree was sold to US-listed ResMed last year in an $800m (£630m) deal.

Milnes nett wealth did reduce to approx £100M around 2008/09 and by 2015 it was back up to £136M

The Aberdeen Rich List 2015

The Sunday times also reported him at £140M in 2017

Brightree sold for c. 600 million gbp give or take, we can agree on that. Go look up the ownership prior to that deal- 30% management team of which Cormack was one, 70% private investment company. 

It may have been a company he started and that's why they call it his company, but I've seen this confirmed on a dons forum, this isn't a secret

7 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

They have a larger capacity, you can see from all angles of the stadium and they didn't screw up their main stand like we did.

One word. Bollocks.

2 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Good luck.

Imo Scotland puts too much emphasis on stadium and history.

I'm glad we stayed at Tynecastle, but there would have been benifits to an all singing, dancing new out of town job too.

Teams like Bayern and juventus have moved, big teams also share stadiums.

We're a bit backward thinking here in regards to how important a structure is. The football team on the park is far more important.

It's a risk, but there is a reward if done properly.

For a normally good poster you're posting some shite the day mind

Hearts, and other clubs have a remarkable history, and their grounds are part of it.  Im delighted Hearts are at Tynie.

IveSeenTheLight
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Brightree sold for c. 600 million gbp give or take, we can agree on that. Go look up the ownership prior to that deal- 30% management team of which Cormack was one, 70% private investment company. 

It may have been a company he started and that's why they call it his company, but I've seen this confirmed on a dons forum, this isn't a secret

We could investigate and debate on Cormack's nett worth, but I don't envisage him not being able to part with £15M as an investment

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Were still short by £30M

So just the £30 million to find, then? Job’s a good ‘un. 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Ryder said:

So just the £30 million to find, then? Job’s a good ‘un. 

And for the rest of the post, its not insurmountable that the directors (even beyond Milne and Cormack) could invest in the facility to take part ownership and leave the club with 0 debt.

Just speculation, nothing concrete and would ensure Milne is leaving a legacy as is rumoured.

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

We could investigate and debate on Cormack's nett worth, but I don't envisage him not being able to part with £15M as an investment

It's not a debate, you said he got half a billion when in reality he got closer to 50 million. Just saying. 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Thats just a blinkered, one sided viewpoint.

Filled with argument points which failed to convince the planners and the councillors 

Town planners and councillors are always right aren’t they? Trump? Trams?  Does Milne own this land? As I said I only keep an eye on this group for the information the press  don’t share. Judicial review next it seems, this group look like they will explore every avenue possible.

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

And for the rest of the post, its not insurmountable that the directors (even beyond Milne and Cormack) could invest in the facility to take part ownership and leave the club with 0 debt.

Just speculation, nothing concrete and would ensure Milne is leaving a legacy as is rumoured.

Look, if you’re comfortable with having a sum like that outstanding, and just assuming it’ll be paid for you by wealthy philanthropists, then that’s fine. Personally I’d be shiteing myself if Hearts went back in to that much debt, without cast iron garauntees about where it was coming from and what was wanted in return.

Good luck. :lol:

IveSeenTheLight
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's not a debate, you said he got half a billion when in reality he got closer to 50 million. Just saying. 

Give a link for your reported £50M

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Look, if you’re comfortable with having a sum like that outstanding, and just assuming it’ll be paid for you by wealthy philanthropists, then that’s fine. Personally I’d be shiteing myself if Hearts went back in to that much debt, without cast iron garauntees about where it was coming from and what was wanted in return.

Good luck. :lol:

I'm just speculating and providing a very plausible solution of no debt against a long term investment options.

If Aberdeen were to get the stadium and training grounds built with no debt left on the club, wouldn;t that be a fantastic position to be in?

10 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

So surely if you’re just going to be gifted £30 million, you’d be as well doing up pittodrie... 

then spend the £6milion on your training ground. 

Surely that makes a lot more sense 

Edited by GJamboR7

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, GJamboR7 said:

So surely if you’re just going to be gifted £30 million, you’d be as well doing up pittodrie... 

Not as an investment opportunity it doesn't.

Nor does it give us the savings by co-locating the training facilities

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

You're living in dream world mate, and the fact you are coming on to a Hearts forum (in the middle of the night) to debate it shows that you don't believe the guff your speaking.  If there is even a city left by the time the stadium is built then good luck

What an infantile response. 

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm just speculating and providing a very plausible solution of no debt against a long term investment options.

If Aberdeen were to get the stadium and training grounds built with no debt left on the club, wouldn;t that be a fantastic position to be in?

Mate, even the club don't project we'll be debt free once it's built. They believe they can raise £43m, so we will have a debt/mortgage afterwords.

9 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Yes, it would. At the moment however 3/5 of the proposed building costs are unknown, and being flippantly written off as an investment opportunity for benevolent philanthropists. As I said, if you are cool with that, then that’s great. I would be having kittens myself.

Edited by Ryder

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Not as an investment opportunity it doesn't.

Nor does it give us the savings by co-locating the training facilities

What sort of return on investment are they going to get on a football stadium in a field compared to the redevelopment of city stadium? 

Also, that makes zero sense. If you build a training ground on its own, it will be cheaper than building it along with the infrastructure for a 20k stadium. You could build a Hibs style farm for £6 million and that would be better than what you’ve currently got planned going by the plans. 

Who ****ing cares about Aberdeen and their boring, Bland, out of town Stadium? What the **** are the perverted deviants doing discussing it on a Hearts Forum? Everyone of them would be better if they were dog shite. 

4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Who ****ing cares about Aberdeen and their boring, Bland, out of town Stadium? What the **** are the perverted deviants doing discussing it on a Hearts Forum? Everyone of them would be better if they were dog shite. 

B0113185-1763-4636-A809-587C404C28AE.png

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, bigcoll said:

For a normally good poster you're posting some shite the day mind

Hearts, and other clubs have a remarkable history, and their grounds are part of it.  Im delighted Hearts are at Tynie.

In happy too.

I'm a happy clapper, happy by default me.

But, I am also not blinded by sentiment as to the advantages of a spanking new stadium either.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

B0113185-1763-4636-A809-587C404C28AE.png

The need to open that up to include Billie.

The Old Tolbooth
50 minutes ago, GJamboR7 said:

Pretty sure they can't redevelop the old stadium due to the gasworks, or something along those lines. 

I want Aberdeen to be a strong and successful club near the top of the league,

so I wish them well with their plans for the new stadium. 

I'd rather if we are not second, Aberdeen was. 

Of course, I wish Hearts to gub them every possible match. 

But the country needs strong clubs, as does this league, not a two horse weegie club, 

and lets see the Arabs club back asap. 

8 minutes ago, Alva-Jambo said:

I want Aberdeen to be a strong and successful club near the top of the league,

so I wish them well with their plans for the new stadium. 

I'd rather if we are not second, Aberdeen was. 

Of course, I wish Hearts to gub them every possible match. 

But the country needs strong clubs, as does this league, not a two horse weegie club, 

and lets see the Arabs club back asap. 

Personally I'd be quite happy for the 'Dandies' to go bust and wind up in the Highland League.

IveSeenTheLight
56 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

What an infantile response. 

Mate, even the club don't project we'll be debt free once it's built. They believe they can raise £43m, so we will have a debt/mortgage afterwords.

Quite possibly, but certainly you would not announce before getting in as much investment as possible to deleverage any risk of your own investment.

There have been a few rumours of Milne wishing to leave a legacy and I also recall reading / hearing somewhere Milne saying the stadium build will not impact the clubs operating costs.

Where did you get the £43M from? That would suggest at present a £7M mortgage

28 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

In happy too.

I'm a happy clapper, happy by default me.

But, I am also not blinded by sentiment as to the advantages of a spanking new stadium either.

So a spanking new 35000 all singing all dancing new stadium out by the airport, or the Dalkeith by pass or somewhere, shared with them, v. what we have now?  

No contest for me :smile:

7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Quite possibly... yadah... There have been a few rumours of... erm... I also recall reading / hearing somewhere... yadah... That would suggest... 

Well, that’s me all turned around on the matter. Can’t see how this could go tits up.