Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fans positive about new stadium according to club from fan survey. No details though yet.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/02/13/supporter-survey-response/

I didn't see that, I saw 97% would be willing to become members and that they have plenty of suggestions for a new stadium, but no mention of how the fans feel about the whole thing. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I didn't see that, I saw 97% would be willing to become members and that they have plenty of suggestions for a new stadium, but no mention of how the fans feel about the whole thing. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Again, I see no mention of how they feel about the move in the article you linked, nothing that says "Fans positive about new stadium according to club from fan survey". They were asked if they fancied being members and if they had any stadium suggestions according to what I read

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Sounds a bit like the Leeds Utd badge farce.

Just now, Craig_ said:

Sounds a bit like the Leeds Utd badge farce.

Ah you know football fans, they'll get behind it if it's the new reality for their club, but I was interested to see some facts or figures on how much support the move has and it's just not mentioned

scott herbertson
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ah you know football fans, they'll get behind it if it's the new reality for their club, but I was interested to see some facts or figures on how much support the move has and it's just not mentioned

No commissioned research worth their salt would include a question in their survey which would embarrass the organisation paying for it. If there are no detailed results with associated tables the survey its likely to be less than worthless.

Edited by scott herbertson

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Thanks for that - far more useful than the club’s one. Have you asked fans whether they would continue to attend if the move happened (I realise you might not get honest answers to that one but would be a measure of how strong opposition feelings were).

5 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Thanks for that - far more useful than the club’s one. Have you asked fans whether they would continue to attend if the move happened (I realise you might not get honest answers to that one but would be a measure of how strong opposition feelings were).

I've not seen any poll asking that. It wouldn't be very accurate anyway as someone against the stadium will clearly say they won't go to try and sway the argument, but once it's actually built they likely will go.

On 29/01/2018 at 15:46, jambo-in-furness said:

The best of luck to them, any team outside the uglies I would rather they prospered.

They are gambling on their future, that's football.

I ****ing DESPISE Aberdeen and especially their supporters, however I recall on here about our stand that people having a pop should be happy that a club is upgradeing. But yet now we are tearing into Aberdeens new stadium before its even really landed. 

**** them they are an irrelevance, new stadium or not.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

I've not seen any poll asking that. It wouldn't be very accurate anyway as someone against the stadium will clearly say they won't go to try and sway the argument, but once it's actually built they likely will go.

Yes, that’s what I meant by you not necessarily getting ‘honest answers” but if repeated you would get a trend, it would also show who was against the stadium move ( even if they would grudgingly still attend).

anyway I hope you get the right decision - we need the non OF to be strong (with Hearts the strongest of course) if we are to keep Scottish football even at the level it is now.

Bazzas right boot

Have they budgeted for the panic room?

A place of solitude and security where the team and Derek can hide when rangers/ Celtic visit. 

It would need good plumbing as well.

Also need a massage room budgeted for- where Milne can oil up the director's of said clubs when they visit.

The General result will be a happy ending for all old firm parties.

22 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Won't happen not for £50 mill no chance looking nearer £75 mill and some, from scratch with logistics roads etc pie in the sky 

Exactly, these things never run on budget.

4 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Won't happen not for £50 mill no chance looking nearer £75 mill and some, from scratch with logistics roads etc pie in the sky 

Wow 75m hell even 50m is a lot of money for Scottish club.These investors must be getting promised a lot.

• 2 months later...
Unknown user
On 14/02/2018 at 02:04, buzzbomb1958 said:

When you look at the unforeseen expense attached to our single stand rebuild, this stadium could cripple them. 

Even if it goes amazingly well, how on earth is 50 million affordable for Aberdeen?

Nelly Terraces
5 minutes ago, cheetah said:

How's the plans going ya bottle merchant fuds

:rofl:

heh heh. That result today will be packing them at this new gaff!

Surely there's no plans for the white elephant to be more than 10K capacity. Any more would be a bigger waste of seats than the vermin playing us at Hampden.:laugh:

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, cheetah said:

How's the plans going ya bottle merchant fuds

:rofl:

'Chidi to get the winner'. He's played 3 games since January

That is now a serious and notable record Aberdeen have this season in utter and complete failure in the bigger games.

Losing every game to Rangers and Celtic and then Motherwell in the Cups. Well done for regularly beating the lesser teams. But that squad have a serious problem. Woeful. 

David McCaig
2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

heh heh. That result today will be packing them at this new gaff!

Surely there's no plans for the white elephant to be more than 10K capacity. Any more would be a bigger waste of seats than the vermin playing us at Hampden.:laugh:

Yes, it looks like Aberdeen are moving out of town just as the McInnes era starts to implode.

In my opinion, next season may well see the Dons slip down to 6th, in which crowds will soon dip back into 4 figures.

3fingersreid
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

When you look at the unforeseen expense attached to our single stand rebuild, this stadium could cripple them. 

Even if it goes amazingly well, how on earth is 50 million affordable for Aberdeen?

I do hope so , would love to see aberdeen go the same way as dundee utd

crichiejambos

Today is exactly what Aberdeen can't afford to do with a new stadium in the pipeline and certainly not when it's reality! This team is the best in a decade and it's not that good when it comes time to deliver they are woefull beat the Dundee's,Ross County's of this world fine but that's not good enough! They've to compete with the Celtic's and Rangers and very,very average teams in Europe(if they get there) they can't fill the stadium that they've got and that's in town what hope have they got when it's out of town......no chance. The dandys would be better of getting the viewing spectacle right first then  concentrate on a nice place to view it!

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, crichiejambos said:

Today is exactly what Aberdeen can't afford to do with a new stadium in the pipeline and certainly not when it's reality! This team is the best in a decade and it's not that good when it comes time to deliver they are woefull beat the Dundee's,Ross County's of this world fine but that's not good enough! They've to compete with the Celtic's and Rangers and very,very average teams in Europe(if they get there) they can't fill the stadium that they've got and that's in town what hope have they got when it's out of town......no chance. The dandys would be better of getting the viewing spectacle right first then  concentrate on a nice place to view it!

Your last sentence could arguably apply to us.

crichiejambos
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Quite possibly! But in our defence obviously our support imo have been through the mill and stuck with it,we've been absolute horses doofers for a conciderable time and if reports are to be believed going to continue if our new striker is 35 years old. Aberdeen fans especially younger ones don't know anything other than in the last while having for them a decent team and they're support is still poor so image with a shite team?

Unknown user
38 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not really, we had to build the stand when we did, Aberdeen don't have a similarly specific timescale. 

Unknown user

Not really, we had to build the stand when we did, Aberdeen don't have a similarly specific timescale. 

Unknown user

Unknown user

Unknown user
41 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, cheetah said:

You home yet ISTL?

Leylanda would have been home by half time, central belt twat :lol:

Does he genuinely live down here mate?

Gobby opiniated codhead who thinks they're still 'a force' (& probably bigger than Hearts:laugh:), that Aberdeen is the dogs danglies - yet lives fecking nowhere near the gaff. Talk about a walking cliché!

:clyay: 

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Haven't seen us lose at home this season mate.. and have enjoyed watching us pump the codheids, hibs and the hooped filth.. not too shabby

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Gobby opiniated codhead who thinks they're still 'a force' (& probably bigger than Hearts:laugh:), that Aberdeen is the dogs danglies - yet lives fecking nowhere near the gaff. Talk about a walking cliché!

In many ways Lalalalalabore is even more insufferable that ISTL... calling it a welt is a disservice to welts!

7 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

In many ways Lalalalalabore is even more insufferable that ISTL... calling it a welt is a disservice to welts!

:greatpost:

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Haven't seen us lose at home this season mate.. and have enjoyed watching us pump the codheids, hibs and the hooped filth.. not too shabby

Given a loose definition of home and pumped yes. But in the real world shabby is a kind word  for what we have seen this season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Given a loose definition of home and pumped yes. But in the real world shabby is a kind word  for what we have seen this season.

You prefer to look at the shit though. Not so keen on the praise

Francis Albert
27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You prefer to look at the shit though. Not so keen on the praise

No. I much prefer the stuff to praise. About three or four games at most at home this season. And thank the lord  i couldn"t make away games.

Edited by Francis Albert

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

No. I much prefer the stuff to praise. About three or four games at most at home this season. And thank the lord  i couldn"t make away games.

I apologise I must have missed those posts 

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Celtic and Aberdeen were “pumped”, clearly. Hibs were probably more ‘we’ll beaten’. The fact you chose his use of the word “pumped” in his post and raised your wee red flag is sadly typical. You are only interested in highlighting a negative.

14 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Tell u what if I was a codheid at the moment I would be a lot more worried that given the fan base and support that they get and given the relative success that they have had what would an investor/investors actually be looking for in return to sink in excess of 50 million quid injection into that club 

before blowing trumpet about it all 

16 hours ago, Smithee said:

I must have missed something here but why did we have to build the new stand when we did?

I have no recollection of this being anywhere near an immediate priority when we came back out of administration. My understanding was that we would be run in a fiscally prudent manner and not load our club up with debt. The way I see it is the FOH have diverted money into the stand project that was meant to be used to buy the club from AB.

kingantti1874
Just now, 7628mm said:

I must have missed something here but why did we have to build the new stand when we did?

I have no recollection of this being anywhere near an immediate priority when we came back out of administration. My understanding was that we would be run in a fiscally prudent manner and not load our club up with debt. The way I see it is the FOH have diverted money into the stand project that was meant to be used to buy the club from AB.

Because if we hadn't the council were going to build a new nursery.. we had a window of opportunity to get it built or not build it at all. 

Regardless.  On the park the benefits will be enormous in the coming years

kingantti1874
12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Only you could find reason to whinge about an unbeaten home record.  Regardless .. your point like most of your points was shit.. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

Because the council were going to rebuild the nursery, which would have closed the window on permission for any redevelopment of our stand - they weren't going to allow their newly built nursery to be knocked down. 

We got away with it by jumping in quickly and including the nursery in our plans