Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

I'm sure Aberdeen will still be miles ahead of Hearts, as per usual.

Everyone on a football forum is opinionated.

And yes, originally from Aberdeen, moved to Glasgow for uni about 12 years ago and never left.

NKS aren't actually battling the club, it's the council.

Even so, best case scenario is they hold it up. Much like the AWPR - the objectors delayed it but ultimately it's now being built.

The price of rebuilding Pittodrie would be much, much more expensive and problematic than the Kingsford plans. No matter how you plan to do it, how long it takes to do it, or even what capacity you go for, Aberdeen would spend far more money rebuilding Pittodrie and likely earn less from the stadium.

Why don't you just admit what we all know.

This isn't about a shiney new stadium for the sheep, it's all about Wiggy getting his hands on some prime house building land at a knock down price

You can dress it up however you like but it is what it is.

Edited by The Treasurer

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Why don't you just admit what we all know.

This isn't about a shiney new stadium for the sheep, it's all about Wiggy getting his hands on some prime house building land at a knock down price

You can dress it up however you like but it is what it is.

I don't care who buys the land at Pittodrie, but the last time the site at Pittodrie was up for sale (when the club had planning permission for Loirston), the Stewart Milne Group didn't actually bid for it.

Edited by La_Leyenda

Lucille's Thirsty
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Im actually glad TBH. I have zero love for Aberdeen but the state of the majority of Scottish Football Stadia is a disgrace. 

Falkirk and Airdrie have a better ground than Aberdeen currently. The 2 in Dundee are dumps. Motherwell and Hamilton Are holes and so is Ross County.

Better gounds may encourage more supporters to attend and generate more sponsorship which can only be good for Scottish Football on the whole. 

I hope they get relegated though...

Apart from our new main stand Tynie isn’t exactly something to shout about. Whilst ours is the best outside old firm, the Roseburn, Wheatfield and Gorgie are needing some love too.

7 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

Apart from our new main stand Tynie isn’t exactly something to shout about. Whilst ours is the best outside old firm, the Roseburn, Wheatfield and Gorgie are needing some love too.

Nothing major.

A wee spruce up.Nothing else.

55 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

A coat of paint?

heartsfc_fan

So Aberdeen care paying £50 Million to reduce their current capacity by 800?

And to think we got laughed at for increasing our capacity by roughly 2,800 at a cost of £14 Million.

drumie jambo
15 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

And to think we got laughed at for increasing our capacity by roughly 2,800 at a cost of £14 Million.

?????

1 hour ago, Bez said:

Miles ahead of Hearts as usual. Belter. :lol:

There are 19 points between us at the moment.

2016/17: The gap was 30 points. 

2015/16: 6.

2014/15: Different divisions.

2013/14: 45 (or 30 if you take away the points reduction)

2012/13: 4

I think the comment stands up to scrutiny, don't you?

No reason why the 3 older remaining stands at Tyny can be overhauled/modernised over time.  Buildings in town that belong to the Uni's have been modernised with a facade overhaul to glass exteriors and they were concrete. Could be easier with ours being already a type of cladding. 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, La_Leyenda said:

I'm sure Aberdeen will still be miles ahead of Hearts, as per usual.

Everyone on a football forum is opinionated.

And yes, originally from Aberdeen, moved to Glasgow for uni about 12 years ago and never left.

NKS aren't actually battling the club, it's the council.

Even so, best case scenario is they hold it up. Much like the AWPR - the objectors delayed it but ultimately it's now being built.

The price of rebuilding Pittodrie would be much, much more expensive and problematic than the Kingsford plans. No matter how you plan to do it, how long it takes to do it, or even what capacity you go for, Aberdeen would spend far more money rebuilding Pittodrie and likely earn less from the stadium.

The big difference of course is that pittodrie could be done over time, as and when the club can afford it. There's no urgent need to build a new stadium as opposed to redevelopment over time. 

While we're talking costs, how is the club paying for it? I know that some funds will be released from selling pittodrie and that there's cash in the bank, but how's the large financial hole being filled?

Also, as you're saying that pittodrie would cost more than 50 million, I'm thinking that's a false figure given what you want to include - how much are you willing to wager that completing phase 1 and 2 to the current specs won't also come in over 50m?

I reckon you'll be lucky to get it in under 70 myself.

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Hahaha wee team Aberdeen to be in administration soon:laugh4:

Lucille's Thirsty
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

A coat of paint?

Aye. And a nice clean just little things here or there that’ll give it a lift.

41 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Ah so when we have been in different divisions or going through admin and now recovering after actually building our main stand that's how far your perspective goes?

How about a few years prior, nobend.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I think you're a cheeky ***** that's got above their station on a forum in which they're merely a visitor. 

Scrutinise that ya prick. 

:laugh: that's one way of looking at it!

7 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Hahaha wee team Aberdeen to be in administration soon:laugh4:

S.O.D.S     Save Our Dons Soon.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The big difference of course is that pittodrie could be done over time, as and when the club can afford it. There's no urgent need to build a new stadium as opposed to redevelopment over time. 

While we're talking costs, how is the club paying for it? I know that some funds will be released from selling pittodrie and that there's cash in the bank, but how's the large financial hole being filled?

Also, as you're saying that pittodrie would cost more than 50 million, I'm thinking that's a false figure given what you want to include - how much are you willing to wager that completing phase 1 and 2 to the current specs won't also come in over 50m?

I reckon you'll be lucky to get it in under 70 myself.

You're questioning how Aberdeen can afford to build at Kingsford, while also asking why they don't go for the more expensive option of rebuilding Pittodrie.

You also suggest Kingsford will be "closer to £70m" (based on what? It's a similar project to many that have been built before and £50m is generally the cost), but how much does building Pittodrie over time cost?

Building it over time likely isn't possible anyway, since to keep the current capacity they would need to increase the footprint, move the pitch etc.

But either way, take away the sale of Pittodrie and Aberdeen need to raise £35m for Kingsford. Are you telling me a complete rebuild of Pittodrie - either all at once or over a number of years - plus a new training ground, will all come within £35m? That's before you take into account the money lost from reduced capacity for at least four seasons while each stand is built, the money spent on increasing the footprint, the money spent on acquiring land for the training ground, the added costs of two separate facilities (Ann Budge has already been on record as saying Hearts would have preferred a joint facility), and possible reduced income from the new stadium in the likely event they have to cut back on all the things they want at Kingsford.

59 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

No, I don’t. You have chosen the period where we were under a registration ban, then in administration, then on massively reduced income due to relegation onwards as your window. If you had caveated your post with that, then fine. Here’s the all time table Flossy:

B0C2065E-DB2E-4F95-A835-36CB542F4AB2.png

I find it hilarious Aberdeen fans on a HEARTS fans forum trying to make out there some massive bigger and better club than HMFC. 

Get a bloody grip

7 minutes ago, Bez said:

No, I don’t. You have chosen the period where we were under a registration ban, then in administration, then on massively reduced income due to relegation onwards as your window. If you had caveated your post with that, then fine. Here’s the all time table Flossy:

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Bez said:

IMG_2401.GIF

scott herbertson
16 minutes ago, Bez said:

E778C718-441B-4464-8A44-C47C82025EBF.jpeg

Unknown user
38 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

You're questioning how Aberdeen can afford to build at Kingsford, while also asking why they don't go for the more expensive option of rebuilding Pittodrie.

Yes, how can Aberdeen afford to find at least 35 million in the short to medium term? 

You also suggest Kingsford will be "closer to £70m" (based on what? It's a similar project to many that have been built before and £50m is generally the cost),

Based on "I reckon"! Can you list the recent developments of this size and nature in the uk that have come in at cost? I can list quite a few that haven't, and although my experience in civil engineering is limited to university, it's not exactly a secret that large developments tend to come in over budget. 

but how much does building Pittodrie over time cost?

I don't know, doesn't look like a lot of effort's gone into finding out to be honest.

Building it over time likely isn't possible anyway, since to keep the current capacity they would need to increase the footprint, move the pitch etc.

Not possible or difficult? Difficult is possible, if anyone knows that we do. 

But either way, take away the sale of Pittodrie and Aberdeen need to raise £35m for Kingsford.

At least! I'd be shitting myself if that was Hearts. 

Are you telling me a complete rebuild of Pittodrie - either all at once or over a number of years - plus a new training ground, will all come within £35m? That's before you take into account the money lost from reduced capacity for at least four seasons while each stand is built, the money spent on increasing the footprint, the money spent on acquiring land for the training ground, the added costs of two separate facilities (Ann Budge has already been on record as saying Hearts would have preferred a joint facility), and possible reduced income from the new stadium in the likely event they have to cut back on all the things they want at Kingsford.

No I'm not telling you anything like that, I'm saying that all this money doesn't need spent at once

Not prepared to wager that this whole  thing won't come in above the published costs then? Don't blame you mate!

Rabbie_Burns
4 hours ago, His name is said:

Really don't think it's a good idea, too far away from the city.

Hopefully they will struggle for a while and allow us to capitalise 

Agree totally. Another example of modern football leaving the fans behind

Funny enough I'm in Aberdeen at the moment visiting my son and family who live in Westfield .Its a half hours drive from union street .It looks to me like the middle of nowhere.Good luck filling that stadium,when they can't fill pittodrie.

Maybe if they were to discover oil or something in the North Sea Aberdeen could become a major economic centre attracting investment to afford a new stadium. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Not prepared to wager that this whole  thing won't come in above the published costs then? Don't blame you mate!

You were claiming at least £20m over budget. I'm asking how you're working that out. Your answer was basically "I don't know" which kinda sums it all up.

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, La_Leyenda said:

You were claiming at least £20m over budget. I'm asking how you're working that out. Your answer was basically "I don't know" which kinda sums it all up.

To be fair his answer could (should) have been "I don't f*****g care, you patronising welt, now **** off out of this forum you tedious bore"  and it would still be a better contribution to this thread than anything you have posted, you complete clown.

1 hour ago, norrie1952 said:

Funny enough I'm in Aberdeen at the moment visiting my son and family who live in Westfield .Its a half hours drive from union street .It looks to me like the middle of nowhere.Good luck filling that stadium,when they can't fill pittodrie.

It's Westhill, and it's 20 minutes from Union Street (I should know, I grew up in Westhill).

And that's Union Street, which is practically on the very eastern edge of the city, as is Pittodrie. So what you're saying is it's 20 minutes to go from one side of the city to the other.

Not everyone will be starting their journey in union street. For many, Westhill is actually closer, and with the bypass it'll be easier to get to than Pittodrie is.

Just now, La_Leyenda said:

It's Westhill, and it's 20 minutes from Union Street (I should know, I grew up in Westhill).

And that's Union Street, which is practically on the very eastern edge of the city, as is Pittodrie. So what you're saying is it's 20 minutes to go from one side of the city to the other.

Not everyone will be starting their journey in union street. For many, Westhill is actually closer, and with the bypass it'll be easier to get to than Pittodrie is.

Pittodrie is 25/30 minutes walk from the train station 

What's the time to walk from the train station to the new site

kingantti1874

Still don't know why Aberdeen are bothering to move..  the last 2 /3 years have been as good as it gets for them and their crowds have been low considering their results in general. The forthcoming years will see them slip down the league and you'll be seeing the regular sub 10k gates they're used to.. I think being out of town will if anything drive attendances down.. the RoI just doesn't stuck up.. would have been better redeveloping pittodrie ..even if the capacity was pegged at 15k

Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

To be fair his answer could (should) have been "I don't f*****g care, you patronising welt, now **** off out of this forum you tedious bore"  and it would still be a better contribution to this thread than anything you have posted, you complete clown.

The reason this thread was bumped in the first place was because multiple Hearts fans were posting on it after the semi-final seeking me and ISTL out (Not sure why they thought my first point of call after losing a semi would be to go on a Hearts forum....).

Now three days before we play you I've ventured on and replied to a few posts on here, and because you don't like the replies now you're questioning why I'm here!

Unknown user
1 minute ago, La_Leyenda said:

I gave my reasons, you're free to convince me otherwise, or not. We'll see. You ignored all the other things I said too, which is fine. Noted, but fine. 

Still waiting to hear how much you'd be willing to wager that phases 1 and 2 as planned just now won't be over 50 million, but I guess that silence says more than anything. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, La_Leyenda said:

The reason this thread was bumped in the first place was because multiple Hearts fans were posting on it after the semi-final seeking me and ISTL out (Not sure why they thought my first point of call after losing a semi would be to go on a Hearts forum....).

Now three days before we play you I've ventured on and replied to a few posts on here, and because you don't like the replies now you're questioning why I'm here!

No. Mainly I'm telling you, in a round about way, that you are a tedious snidey smart arse who forgets which team forum he's on and gets far to f*****g uppity for many people liking.

For the record I've never liked your posting style on here and am amazed it been allowed to continue.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Pittodrie is 25/30 minutes walk from the train station 

What's the time to walk from the train station to the new site

Firstly, you and I both know the percentage of fans who go by train to Pittodrie is tiny. And it's irrelevant for midweek games anyway where no trains run after full-time, so if you're thinking about it from a Hearts point of view you won't get able to get a train back to Edinburgh for this Friday's game.

Secondly, as established above, the bus will take the same time (if not shorter) than it takes to walk to Pittodrie.

There is also talk of fans getting off at Stonehaven or Dyce stations, where the journey time will be shorter still.

4 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

:robbo:

7 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Firstly, you and I both know the percentage of fans who go by train to Pittodrie is tiny. And it's irrelevant for midweek games anyway where no trains run after full-time, so if you're thinking about it from a Hearts point of view you won't get able to get a train back to Edinburgh for this Friday's game.

Secondly, as established above, the bus will take the same time (if not shorter) than it takes to walk to Pittodrie.

There is also talk of fans getting off at Stonehaven or Dyce stations, where the journey time will be shorter still.

So the Aberdeen Stadium will be closer to Stonehaven and Dyce than it will be to Aberdeen itself. 

Fantastic. 

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I gave my reasons, you're free to convince me otherwise, or not. We'll see. You ignored all the other things I said too, which is fine. Noted, but fine. 

Still waiting to hear how much you'd be willing to wager that phases 1 and 2 as planned just now won't be over 50 million, but I guess that silence says more than anything. 

I didn't see any other points in your post??

As for going over budget - a couple of million is one thing, £20m is another. I doubt it'll be over £70m as you're claiming.

1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

No. Mainly I'm telling you, in a round about way, that you are a tedious snidey smart arse who forgets which team forum he's on and gets far to f*****g uppity for many people liking.

For the record I've never liked your posting style on here and am amazed it been allowed to continue.

I've not broken any forum rules. If I have the mods are free to speak to me about it. There's people (including yourself) who post far more vitriol at me than I do at anyone else. Would seem "being uppity" is my biggest crime.

Just now, tian447 said:

So the Aberdeen Stadium will be closer to Stonehaven and Dyce than it will be to Aberdeen itself. 

Fantastic. 

No. It'll be linked to those stations quicker via the AWPR. Dyce station will be about 10 mins by road.

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

As for going over budget - a couple of million is one thing, £20m is another. I doubt it'll be over £70m as you're claiming.

I've not broken any forum rules. If I have the mods are free to speak to me about it. There's people (including yourself) who post far more vitriol at me than I do at anyone else. Would seem "being uppity" is my biggest crime.;

No, being snidey (and ignoring points made to you) is your MO and that is maybe the the source of the vitriol ( :lol: ) you "experience" from time to time.

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

6 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

No. It'll be linked to those stations quicker via the AWPR. Dyce station will be about 10 mins by road.

So an hour's walk

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

We're looking at around 40% over our 10 million costed budget, maybe more - there's a reason I chose a figure 40% over budget. But I'm not claiming buddy, I'm reckoning. 

Good luck to you, I wouldn't put money on it coming in on budget either!

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We're looking at around 40% over our 10 million costed budget, maybe more - there's a reason I chose a figure 40% over budget. But I'm not claiming buddy, I'm reckoning. 

Good luck to you, I wouldn't put money on it coming in on budget either!

Has your main stand not been a bit of a mess though? It's certainly not all positive reading your Main Stand thread.

55 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Sorry my mistake Westhill .In case you think I'm mistaken,I got the x17 today past the park and ride,then onto my granddaughters primary school just up from the holiday inn.

7 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Has your main stand not been a bit of a mess though? It's certainly not all positive reading your Main Stand thread.

Depends what you think constitutes a mess? It’s close to being paid off and completes our stadium making it amongst the best in the country. When do you see Aberdeen being able to claim the same?

4 minutes ago, Bez said:

Depends what you think constitutes a mess? It’s close to being paid off and completes our stadium making it amongst the best in the country. When do you see Aberdeen being able to claim the same?

2021/22 ?