Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Could be all relies on Scottish Government forcing it through 

Seems to be a bit of doubt around this mornings proceedings, if they need the Shire to agree, its destined for Holyrood

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

My Aberdeen friend next me, predicts there will be several breaks throughout the day! Lunch, tea, whatever they can string it out for :)

On a Lunch Break just now.Resumes at 12.50

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Seems to be a bit of doubt around this mornings proceedings, if they need the Shire to agree, its destined for Holyrood

Even if voted for which it shouldnt be then the protestors will take it to court. Id say thats almost a cert. Oil money might be on the dowmward trend up here but theres still a lot of affluent areas and Kingswells is one. Was speaking to some Aberdeen fans the other day and the penny seemed to drop with them that the new AECC will take away potential “other events” they can’t give an answer on funding just “it’ll be there” it won’t go over budget and they need the training facilities beside the ground to move forward... it was at that last point i lost the will to live....

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Even if voted for which it shouldnt be then the protestors will take it to court. Id say thats almost a cert. Oil money might be on the dowmward trend up here but theres still a lot of affluent areas and Kingswells is one. Was speaking to some Aberdeen fans the other day and the penny seemed to drop with them that the new AECC will take away potential “other events” they can’t give an answer on funding just “it’ll be there” it won’t go over budget and they need the training facilities beside the ground to move forward... it was at that last point i lost the will to live....

Its too emotive for many of them to have a reasoned chat. Aberdeen being what it is, very little good stuff has come its citizens way. So anything new is kind of desperately sought after.

I think it will be approved today, too unpopular for the council not to, from a political standpoint, pass the buck elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Its too emotive for many of them to have a reasoned chat. Aberdeen being what it is, very little good stuff has come its citizens way. So anything new is kind of desperately sought after.

I think it will be approved today, too unpopular for the council not to, from a political standpoint, pass the buck elsewhere.

Very much a ill lose my seat in the elections if i vote against it.

Honestly did not see this getting the go ahead in a million years. Wow.

If I was an Aberdeen fan, I would now be getting very worried. 

Just now, Ryder said:

Saturday nights spent trying to get out a gridlocked car park will be the funnest part of the day for them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

That's not what they have been sold and they are not going to be convinced otherwise. Not sure the funding of it is the problem, it will be the reality of slipping back down the table and then people not wanting to bother with buses, gridlock and inconvenience.

But all is well for the time being, and they genuinely believe this elevates them to another level,  rather than keep pace with ourselves and our likes long term

Just now, Ryder said:

As Sir Gio and i were saying above the councillors are likely protecting themselves. Pass the buck save them losing their seats. Cant see the protestors stopping where they are. Cop out decision today though at least AFC may have to come out and m say where they are getting 50million from rather than vague explanations. Can see away fans dropping and the home fans likewise over time. Bad runs and their attendances drop dramtically add to that a 45/60min travel time to the game and it could very well be shown to be a horrendous decision. 

Bazzas right boot

23 page thread on Aberdeen's phantom stadium.

The first Naismith thread was more grounded.

jambo-in-furness

The best of luck to them, any team outside the uglies I would rather they prospered.

They are gambling on their future, that's football.

Bazzas right boot

23 pager on another clubs stadium that isn't even under construction yet is bawbaggery behaviour. I'm sure we were slagging hibs for their obsession with our beautiful stand.

Anyway, I'm now contributing to the bawbaggery and couldn't give s flying if Aberdeen stay, move or move to Surrey.

23 pages and counting is suprising tho!

Not really up to scratch regarding the whole thing, but if their crowds do drop which I expect them to, are there opportunity's to raise money through other ventures involved in the move.

Or from outside football using the facilities? 

This could work out very badly for them reading the posts above.

They would be far better off redeveloping Pittodrie.

Soulless out of town stadiums are awful experiences.  Can't wait for Aberdeen to do a Livingston and **** off to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

Not really up to scratch regarding the whole thing, but if their crowds do drop which I expect them to, are there opportunity's to raise money through other ventures involved in the move.

Or from outside football using the facilities? 

This could work out very badly for them reading the posts above.

Their plan included econmic benefits of several non football events or extra events moving forward. Cant see that going down well for concerts etc and they are building a new AECC just off the bypass on the old Rowett Institue?? site. Surely that will snaffle all events up moving forward.

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Their plan included econmic benefits of several non football events or extra events moving forward. Cant see that going down well for concerts etc and they are building a new AECC just off the bypass on the old Rowett Institue?? site. Surely that will snaffle all events up moving forward.

Sure i read part of conditions of acceptance is that the stadium will host no concerts.

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Sure i read part of conditions of acceptance is that the stadium will host no concerts.

No idea not looked that closely at it. I know they definately had several extra events per year as an economic benefit 

40 minutes ago, SpikeDudley said:

where exactly is the new stadium going to be?

they should build it next to where most of their fanbase is - central belt circa 1983

I'll be impressed if they actually break ground, but it just goes to show what you can get away with in this day and age!

If it goes ahead then good luck sheepies, hope it doesn't cost you your club!

13 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

It's very hard to get sheep accustomed to a new environment

Milne will keep them moving in the right direction

do-herding-dogs-herd1.jpg

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:40, IveSeenTheLight said:

It's not worth getting into a debate about attendances, however given you have asked

NK SIROKI BRIJEG - Att: 17,067

APOLLON LIMASSOL - Att: 20,085

HAMILTON ACADEMICAL - Att: 15,165

DUNDEE FC - Att: 15,646

KILMARNOCK FC - Att: 15,037

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN - Att: 18,371

Remember, we report attendances, not seats sold.

I know of season ticket holders where seats are sold, but not attended some games for various reasons

No you do not!  FACT!!

IveSeenTheLight
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Council meeting to decide on now

But Aberdeen Council senior planner has admitted Aberdeenshire Council, who are against it, have an effective veto over the project as applications for a controlled parking zone and pedestrian footbridge have to be made to Aberdeenshire Council.

Oh dear. 

That's not how I heard it.

Aberdeenshire have a say as conditions have been applied such as the CPZ zone and the footbridge / underpass.

If Aberdeenshire choose not to process these, then the applicant can go back to planning to request an amendment on the condition or even removal.

I think the CPZ is an easy one, if Aberdeenshire do not agree to impliment, then its a free for all access on parking.

The A944 cross over is the more firm condition that will be troublesome to get past, but if Aberdeen are willing to pay for it, it could go to the Scottish ministers who could overrule Aberdeenshire to get the investment approval

1 hour ago, sadj said:

They built the Hydro in Glasgow and yet Hampden still hosts plenty of concerts.

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

It's just not been given pre-approval, but was discussed at meeting today and they said Aberdeen would just have to apply to the council separately if they wanted to host a concert. Also rugby matches, as SRU are keen to hold games there too.

The vote today was solely on the training facilities and the stadium hosting football matches.

Good luck I say.Stadium looks pretty nice as well.Had a look on hibsnet earlier(see any transfer rumours) and they have a thread saying it looks bland as ****,they must walk into Easter Road with their eyes shut :lol:

At least it's a realistic size at 20k as I had previously read it was to be 30k

11 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

They built the Hydro in Glasgow and yet Hampden still hosts plenty of concerts.

Thats a far different thing. Aside from Elton John and possibly Rod stewart , how many times has there been a concert at Pittodrie? The Hydro and Hampden are in far eaiser catchment area for people. Add to that Hampden doesnt claim to host several of these events in an effort to provide economic income to get a proposal voted through. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Thats a far different thing. Aside from Elton John and possibly Rod stewart , how many times has there been a concert at Pittodrie? The Hydro and Hampden are in far eaiser catchment area for people. Add to that Hampden doesnt claim to host several of these events in an effort to provide economic income to get a proposal voted through. 

Concerts and rugby are an added bonus economically, Aberdeen aren't relying on them. 

Hearts increased away support as you all flock up to see the stadium will pay off the debt quickly enough...

2 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Concerts and rugby are an added bonus economically, Aberdeen aren't relying on them. 

Hearts increased away support as you all flock up to see the stadium will pay off the debt quickly enough...

Ever the optimist. ?

any details of funding sources as yet?

7 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

We had this discussion the other week part of the proposal was that the venue would host several extra non football events every year... 

i honestly would like to see a strong Aberdeen albeit below us and losing to us all the time. However im sure you must appreciate as a group of fans who have been through this and told the same things as you lot by our chairman we are very sceptical. Also as away fans travelling to out of city stadiums is never ideal. It could work or could be a massive backfire both for home and away fans. Add to that the vagueness of the financial proposals on paying for it. It just seems very strange for want of a better word. 

Loriston I think was perfect if moving out of town . Kingsford I think is a step to far thats as a person living up here.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

We had this discussion the other week part of the proposal was that the venue would host several extra non football events every year... 

i honestly would like to see a strong Aberdeen albeit below us and losing to us all the time. However im sure you must appreciate as a group of fans who have been through this and told the same things as you lot by our chairman we are very sceptical. Also as away fans travelling to out of city stadiums is never ideal. It could work or could be a massive backfire both for home and away fans. Add to that the vagueness of the financial proposals on paying for it. It just seems very strange for want of a better word. 

Loriston I think was perfect if moving out of town . Kingsford I think is a step to far thats as a person living up here.

I agree on Loirston, and if somehow that was reignited I'd be all for it.

But I just don't accept Kingsford will be a disaster. When I hear things like "fans will go initially then stop once the novelty wears off" - that's not really what happens and certainly isn't what has happened to other new builds. What happens is fans adjust - they might go by shuttle bus, find it a pain in the arse, and instead go by car. They might do the opppsite - might avoid the shuttle bus, find parking a nightmare, go by bus and realise it wasn't as bad as they first feared. They may decide instead of heading to the city centre after a game to go somewhere in Westhill then get the a bus later when the roads are quieter. But you don't stop supporting your team because it's a little trickier to get to Kingsford than Pittodrie.

3 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

But I just don't accept Kingsford will be a disaster. When I hear things like "fans will go initially then stop once the novelty wears off" - that's not really what happens and certainly isn't what has happened to other new builds. What happens is fans adjust - they might go by shuttle bus, find it a pain in the arse, and instead go by car. They might do the opppsite - might avoid the shuttle bus, find parking a nightmare, go by bus and realise it wasn't as bad as they first feared. They may decide instead of heading to the city centre after a game to go somewhere in Westhill then get the a bus later when the roads are quieter. But you don't stop supporting your team because it's a little trickier to get to Kingsford than Pittodrie.

Thats all fine and well but you also have quite a fairweather support outside of a small solid core of fans. There is a lot of risks to the move and it could be as damaging as it could positive. Long way to go i think before its given the goahead anyway as no doubt the protestors will take it all the way ala Trump

19 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

Basically if your successful and match day experience is good they will go.Pretty much like it is for other clubs and 7.5m out of the city is it really that bad.I don't know what traffic is like up there but it's like a 10 or 15 mins drive here.

Seymour M Hersh
52 minutes ago, La_Leyenda said:

You still have the Judicial Review to hurdle once the locals get it organised.

32 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

Hope it works out for Aberdeen, been going on for an age.Pittodrie is a shitehole about time the sheep moved on

Yeah 

Good luck