New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

We averaged a home attendance of 17,553 for league games this season just gone.

We also had a record-breaking turnover.

Folk are mumping about converting some seats that were already empty and using them to generate even more money?

:notsure:

On 20/06/2019 at 23:24, Whatever said:

Will get vandalised the first time there’s a league cup semi held at Tynecastle that includes the Vermin.

Scum.

It will cost them a fortune in damages to pay for our cost to repaint any damage - good.

davemclaren
3 hours ago, The Natural Order said:

Wish they'd paint the upper aisles white as well. Looks shit and unfinished like that.

Different materials I believe which is maybe the reason. 

HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie

For the money spent on the stand you would be wishing for a bigger attendance along with alot of other things we were told we would be getting during the planning stage. I am a big fan of how it looks inside but I think the external look leaves alot to be desired.

Mr Brightside
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If the Wheatfield tunnel goes we get some seats back. 

Not sure if this would be possible, but could seats be put back on a hydraulic system (similar to those at the Gorgie Road end) that allows the wheatfield to tunnel to be used for non first team games in the future.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Not sure if this would be possible, but could seats be put back on a hydraulic system (similar to those at the Gorgie Road end) that allows the wheatfield to tunnel to be used for non first team games in the future.

Not sure why we need two tunnels. 

Mr Brightside
Just now, davemclaren said:

Not sure why we need two tunnels. 

Reserves, youths, female, Scotland youth teams could use the Wheatfield changing rooms and tunnel to access the pitch.

Would mean the first team changing room could be kept solely for the first team. Not a must have but as we have the tunnel and changing in the Wheatfield already, it could be a useful option for the future.

Detachable seats on a frame in place, similar to the Gorgie ramp ones but lift off completely to expose the tunnel when needed, get 30 seats back (top is where a TV camera has always been)

1.png.5f12ba20b582a54302014da74ad47e63.png

Edited by kila

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, kila said:

Detachable seats on a frame in place, similar to the Gorgie ramp ones but lift off completely to expose the tunnel when needed, get 30 seats back (top is where a TV camera has always been)

1.png.5f12ba20b582a54302014da74ad47e63.png

You should go back when the other doors open

johnking123

I'm sure the seats at the back were meant to look like that in the original drawing. But changed when the sky lounge was not ready.

If means more benefactors spending money , I'm all for it!

The changing rooms and the tunnel etc in the Wheatfield were build at considerable expanse to the club. Anyone thinking we will somehow close it up and re-seat that area are (IMO) dreaming.

I am sure AB said that the changing rooms would eventually be used for the ladies teams  playing at Tynecastle and community groups training on the field behind the Wheatfield etc.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

The changing rooms and the tunnel etc in the Wheatfield were build at considerable expanse to the club. Anyone thinking we will somehow close it up and re-seat that area are (IMO) dreaming.

I am sure AB said that the changing rooms would eventually be used for the ladies teams  playing at Tynecastle and community groups training on the field behind the Wheatfield etc.

The tunnel was originally seen as temporary though the changing rooms were seen as ultimately serving the community pitches so were built as permanent.  I’ve no knowledge of any plans but there can’t be many clubs with the ‘luxury’ of two tunnels. ?

Just now, davemclaren said:

The tunnel was originally seen as temporary though the changing rooms were seen as ultimately serving the community pitches so were always seen as permanent.  I’ve no knowledge of any plans but there can’t be many clubs with the ‘luxury’ of two tunnels. ?

Only 'Establishment' clubs have 2 tunnels Dave. ?

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The tunnel was originally seen as temporary though the changing rooms were seen as ultimately serving the community pitches so were built as permanent.  I’ve no knowledge of any plans but there can’t be many clubs with the ‘luxury’ of two tunnels. ?

We've got 3 tunnels :thumbsup:

Its not really a big deal losing a few seats just now but if we want the fan base to grow in the future we should be maximising capacity. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

?

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Third one at the corner of section N :fing25:

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Different materials I believe which is maybe the reason. 

Correct - the lower area is concrete - the upper area is a composite/metal material.

Mid Calder Jambo
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

There are a lot of clubs near fester Road that have more than two tunnels ?

13 hours ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

For the money spent on the stand you would be wishing for a bigger attendance along with alot of other things we were told we would be getting during the planning stage. I am a big fan of how it looks inside but I think the external look leaves alot to be desired.

What were we promised that never materialised?

Psychedelicropcircle

I was at a business start up meeting on the 3rd floor last night.

I can confirm to seeing at least two inches of the castle! I’m 6,1 so you midgets among us will see **** all of it ? 

HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie
16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

What were we promised that never materialised?

Big Screens, Mural, Sky lounge that would see the castle, glass curtain.... need I go on?

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

Big Screens, Mural, Sky lounge that would see the castle, glass curtain.... need I go on?

See the post above - castle sighted!

6 minutes ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

Still time for Mural and Big screens!

What was the glass curtain? 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

I don’t recall ever being promised big screens. I think they would still like them. 

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

What was the glass curtain? 

From memory, I think it was an early design for the facade. A glass frontage that extended at each end of the stand.

Phil D. Corners
2 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

Genuine question, what’s the fascination with big screens?

Kiss Cam. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

Genuine question, what’s the fascination with big screens?

Exactly ! We football fans and should be more interested in what's happening on the pitch 

4 hours ago, Dunks said:

Bet people always want to pick your keys out the bowl.

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly ! We football fans and should be more interested in what's happening on the pitch 

Maybe some want a distraction from what is happening on the pitch ?

My only real experience would be at Murrayfield but I found they draw the eye the same way that you involuntarily watch a muted tv in a pub. 

Just curious though as they they seem to be popular on the wish list. 

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, cheetah said:

Its not really a big deal losing a few seats just now but if we want the fan base to grow in the future we should be maximising capacity. 

Correct ,,, 25k capacity, to use for other stuff out with hearts games,to make more money,,,19,700 too small for a club like hearts ,were a a lot bigger and better than that ,,,,also bigger capacity ,,people can pay on walk up rather than have to book tickets etc,,less hassle more cash ??? Although cant see it ever happening .......

Deans Jambo
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Do we think Lower G is going to be closed this year, anyone get a season ticket for this area?

No. Lower G seats were/are on sale.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t recall ever being promised big screens. I think they would still like them. 

I’m sure at the very early stages there was chat about screens or at the very least scoreboards but think they were canned early on. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Do we think Lower G is going to be closed this year, anyone get a season ticket for this area?

Opened again but lots money been spent on increased cctv

3 hours ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

All still going to be delivered or already delivered. Sky Lounge castle view being the exception minus the roof viewing platform. 

3 hours ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

And yes, please do go on. Would like to see what else you think we have been cheated out of. I have all day.

16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

And yes, please do go on. Would like to see what else you think we have been cheated out of. I have all day.

Maroon coloured trees ?

43 minutes ago, novoman said:

Maroon coloured trees ?

That's my favourite part. Can't wait for them.

Phil D. Corners
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I think it adds something to the experience. Sure you are paying for the game but having goal replays, scores from other games, and team info is good. 

And money can be generated from advertising. 

15 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Have they filled the corners in yet? Or is that next season?

That's getting done in the winter break. 

If something like £5m comes in for Souttar, this will ge a real boost.

Does anyone know what the plans are for the massive 2nd floor?  Pretty sure the last statement from AB a few weeks ago said they were still thinking about it.

Big conference centre I would have thought but I've got no idea really.