New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

been here before
3 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Have they filled the corners in yet? Or is that next season?

Done it last year but forgot to order the seats so scrapped it.

Some ***** needs to be oot for that.

59 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If something like £5m comes in for Souttar, this will ge a real boost.

Does anyone know what the plans are for the massive 2nd floor?  Pretty sure the last statement from AB a few weeks ago said they were still thinking about it.

Big conference centre I would have thought but I've got no idea really.

Tesco

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

If something like £5m comes in for Souttar, this will ge a real boost.

Does anyone know what the plans are for the massive 2nd floor?  Pretty sure the last statement from AB a few weeks ago said they were still thinking about it.

Big conference centre I would have thought but I've got no idea really.

The Christophe Berra indoor long banging suite.

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I think it adds something to the experience. Sure you are paying for the game but having goal replays, scores from other games, and team info is good. 

And money can be generated from advertising. 

Exactly,,  team news, scores at ht,, info for fans ,,,think most teams or bigger sides in the country have these ???

been here before
37 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

The Christophe Berra indoor long banging suite.

Oh yes long bangers!!

Brilliant.  ?

12 hours ago, Dunks said:

We've got 3 tunnels :thumbsup:

Wrong thread 

Things other fans don’t know about our club

?????

TyphoonJambo
15 minutes ago, been here before said:

Oh yes long bangers!!

Brilliant.  ?

Only posted to see how many of us old gits were still around. 

been here before
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

?

Variations including one touch or two touch.

Is there space on the 2nd floor to play Shapes?

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, been here before said:

?

Variations including one touch or two touch.

Is there space on the 2nd floor to play Shapes?

Defo to long for Kerby

33 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Exactly,,  team news, scores at ht,, info for fans ,,,think most teams or bigger sides in the country have these ???

What is it? Most teams or bigger teams?

Because the two are sure as shit not the same things.

Question regarding the new director box...

I bought some premium seats for the Stenhousemuir game in PR Row 28. Surely that means I'll be sitting in the director's box? 

:clyay:

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Jarhead said:

Genuine question, what’s the fascination with big screens?

Very 1990s. Maybe useful for big VAR drumroll!!!

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, graygo said:

What is it? Most teams or bigger teams?

Because the two are sure as shit not the same things.

Bigger sides ,Tim's,, gers,,hubs,,hearts??????

32 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Question regarding the new director box...

I bought some premium seats for the Stenhousemuir game in PR Row 28. Surely that means I'll be sitting in the director's box? 

:clyay:

No, the old directors box went to about 18, the new one looks to be at the top of the stand, so probably about row 30 or higher. 

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Bet people always want to pick your keys out the bowl.

Careful now :whistling:

image.png.e6bc09d3e6f1247f6e6e93747920bee8.png

9 hours ago, been here before said:

Oh yes long bangers!!

Brilliant.  ?

9 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Long Bangers. Never heard that in years. We used to play it in the subway/underpass at the top of saughton mains as wee laddies. It’s was a long high underpass and we used to play to 20 goals for the winner. No wonder the school shoes didn’t last long. Great entertainment in the long winter nights as the lights still worked. 

It ran under the dual carriageway and was much better than the ones up at the roundabout where the number 3 terminus used to be. Plus there was always a chance you’d run into a few Broomies and depending on numbers, you were either the chaser or the chasee. Remember legging it back to saughton with my ‘Filly’ firmly under oxter on more than the odd occasion. 

Ah them were the days! 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

TyphoonJambo
52 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Long Bangers. Never heard that in years. We used to play it in the subway/underpass at the top of saughton mains as wee laddies. It’s was a long high underpass and we used to play to 20 goals for the winner. No wonder the school shoes didn’t last long. Great entertainment in the long winter nights as the lights still worked. 

It ran under the dual carriageway and was much better than the ones up at the roundabout where the number 3 terminus used to be. Plus there was always a chance you’d run into a few Broomies and depending on numbers, you were either the chaser or the chasee. Remember legging it back to saughton with my ‘Filly’ firmly under oxter on more than the odd occasion. 

Ah them were the days! 

Having a Filly made you the most popular guy in the street, until it wore through to the Bladder, normally caused by hours of being kicked up and down the street. 

Mid Calder Jambo
12 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Having a Filly made you the most popular guy in the street, until it wore through to the Bladder, normally caused by hours of being kicked up and down the street. 

And i though he was talking about some "Claire Baldingesque" type character.  Dragging that through Stenhouse/Broomhouse would have been interesting.  Haven't heard long banging since I was a bairn  Maybe CL needs to drop it from the team talks.

durhamhearts

When visiting the shop to purchase this seasons new strip I saw the new turnstiles for the Roseburn entrance ready to be installed 

2 minutes ago, durhamhearts said:

When visiting the shop to purchase this seasons new strip I saw the new turnstiles for the Roseburn entrance ready to be installed 

Roseburn got new electronic turnstiles with new stand I thought? Maybe for Gorgie or Wheatfield. 

johnking123
15 minutes ago, kila said:

Roseburn got new electronic turnstiles with new stand I thought? Maybe for Gorgie or Wheatfield. 

Don't think the ones we put in where adequate.

durhamhearts
1 hour ago, kila said:

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hope they are edible.

Possibly there was 6 of the new turnstiles there it’s good to see other areas upgraded too tho 

12 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Bigger sides ,Tim's,, gers,,hubs,,hearts??????

Got you now, thought you were suggesting bigger sides than Hearts, there aren't too many in this country.

9 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

When you’re a wee fat guy with a wonky wedge haircut then you needed a filly to make you popular ?

Stephen Muddie

Wait what? Hubz huv a bug scrain? **** this Hertz shite, so embarased! am no comin back tul wuv goat shree ay thum

jamboinglasgow
On 27/06/2019 at 13:24, Jarhead said:

Genuine question, what’s the fascination with big screens?

from 27 seconds

jamboinglasgow
On 27/06/2019 at 14:01, Morph said:

I’m sure at the very early stages there was chat about screens or at the very least scoreboards but think they were canned early on. 

at the last AGM there was a break down of planned works for Tynecastle and had big screens (alongside Roof and CCTV) down as ongoing and costed for all 3 as £500k

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

at the last AGM there was a break down of planned works for Tynecastle and had big screens (alongside Roof and CCTV) down as ongoing and costed for all 3 as £500k

I'd personally grudge half a million on screens, would prefer it was spent of the footballing side. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
14 hours ago, kila said:

Next on hubs.net, a 30-page thread about how the yams are making people redundant by installing automatic turnstiles...

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, stotty said:

I'd personally grudge half a million on screens, would prefer it was spent of the footballing side. 

So do you begrudge 18 Million being spent on Tynecastle too? 

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I don't like that 18 million is being spent on tynecastle when it was meant to be 11 and we didn't have that to start with. The lack of concern with the stand finances worries me, as does the lack of communication from the club on the subject, but people who know more than me seem very relaxed about the situation so fingers crossed.

But that aside I don't see the point in screens either TBH, we don't need them or the expense of putting them in IMO.

42 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't like that 18 million is being spent on tynecastle when it was meant to be 11 and we didn't have that to start with. The lack of concern with the stand finances worries me, as does the lack of communication from the club on the subject, but people who know more than me seem very relaxed about the situation so fingers crossed.

But that aside I don't see the point in screens either TBH, we don't need them or the expense of putting them in IMO.

Just to put it in to context the original budget cost was £12m including a £1m contingency. The new hybrid pitch cost the thick end of £1m and there were other  items such as the TV studio, the final fit-out of some lounges, and other design changes that were not included in the original budget.

The fact is that the Club have financially managed their way through the over spend and Ann Budge will hand over the majority shares to the fans for a Club that is debt free.......so you can now uncross your fingers!!

9 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Not at all, delighted with the new stand and still can't believe the club have managed it so soon after administration. I just don't think 500k on screens is a good use of money. 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, stotty said:

Not at all, delighted with the new stand and still can't believe the club have managed it so soon after administration. I just don't think 500k on screens is a good use of money. 

Especially we now have a wee clock on the  advertising hoardings 

9 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm in this boat. £18 million on a £11/12 million project is definitely a red flag and as you say, the lack of concern and communication is another. 

Interesting to see the reasoning change amongst the apologists as well...

John Findlay
On Friday, June 28, 2019 at 07:32, TypoonJambo said:

Long bangers. Grew up playing them in the sheds that used to be in the playground of the now long gone Royston Primary School. I was always Jim Cruikshank when saving one and Donald Ford when taking one. More enjoyable than any playsration or Xbox.

Very happy days as a bairn.

Jambo, Goodbye
11 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Interesting to see the reasoning change amongst the apologists as well...

I don't think fellow Hearts fans who don't feel the new stand has been controversially handled makes them "apologists". I also think kickback is literally the only place I ever see this annoying word used these days. 

Apart from the basic structure itself, if we were to list all the improvements,  changes to design, temporary or permanent add-ons to the Wheatfield and the main stand,  the pitch and remodeling of the police box, the unforeseen problems that were often occurred,  changing of the toilets etc;

I mean,  a full breakdown rather than just saying it jumped from 11m up to 18m,  as if this is unexplainable, perhaps it wouldn't worry you so much?

3 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

I don't think fellow Hearts fans who don't feel the new stand has been controversially handled makes them "apologists". I also think kickback is literally the only place I ever see this annoying word used these days. 

Apart from the basic structure itself, if we were to list all the improvements,  changes to design, temporary or permanent add-ons to the Wheatfield and the main stand,  the pitch and remodeling of the police box, the unforeseen problems that were often occurred,  changing of the toilets etc;

I mean,  a full breakdown rather than just saying it jumped from 11m up to 18m,  as if this is unexplainable, perhaps it wouldn't worry you so much?

Spoken like a true apologist... ?

Yes - a 'full breakdown' would be nice, but I don't really foresee any surprises in that tbh. Increased cost of labour, unforeseen complexities in the project and a degree of mismanagement is probably what will be evident. The original estimate was also probably too conservative but the decision to move forward on that budget would've been the club's. 

FWIW, I think several mistakes have probably been made with this project but the biggest was not appointing a main contractor to oversee the entire build. 

Anyway, we are where we are. The club overall is in a much better place than we were a few years ago and the facilities have been vastly improved. Should it have been handled better/differently? Yes. Am I losing sleep over it? No. 

54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Especially we now have a wee clock on the  advertising hoardings 

The wee clock is a welcome addition! 

Mid Calder Jambo
28 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Yes - a 'full breakdown' would be nice, but I don't really foresee any surprises in that tbh. Increased cost of labour, unforeseen complexities in the project and a degree of mismanagement is probably what will be evident. The original estimate was also probably too conservative but the decision to move forward on that budget would've been the club's. 

FWIW, I think several mistakes have probably been made with this project but the biggest was not appointing a main contractor to oversee the entire build. 

Anyway, we are where we are. The club overall is in a much better place than we were a few years ago and the facilities have been vastly improved. Should it have been handled better/differently? Yes. Am I losing sleep over it? No. 

Toggie you are absolutely right.  We are in a much better place regardless of the cost with the stand and facilities we have now,  Why people are getting so precious about £11m, £15m , £18m or whatever.  Get flippin over it.  We have a fantatic money making facility it is now time to move on, get over it and push to become the best Football club in Scotland both on and off the pitch.

Jambo, Goodbye
49 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

I agree mate. 

Benny Factor
6 minutes ago, kila said:

Advertising boards only up for televised games though. No clock for run of the mill league games :whistling:

There's been electronic advertising boards at every home game in front of the main stand....not just for televised games.

1 minute ago, EarnockJambo said:

There's been electronic advertising boards at every home game in front of the main stand....not just for televised games.

Ah. I'm in the main stand so that's why I can't see them!

Benny Factor
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Ah. I'm in the main stand so that's why I can't see them!

I thought that when i posted that. :)

13 hours ago, stotty said:

Different buckets of our overall spending budget - like any other business.