New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Mid Calder Jambo
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sun was a problem in the lower sections of the old stand. 

I sat just behind the prawn sannie brigade so it was never a problem

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The only thing you would say is that it has taken a long time to finish. Should really be done by now.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

My only issue with the main stand is, in hindsight, we should’ve stayed at Murrayfield or another venue till the new stand was completely finished. That way we could’ve had a proper grand opening and had nothing to moan about. I understand that we needed the stand open to create revenue to finish etc, I get that. My only complaint is that by the time it’s all finished the “buzz” about it being new will be gone. That’s all in hindsight. In reality the new stand and tynie in general these days is almost unrecognisable and something to behold. 

That's quite possibly the most ludicrous thing I've ever read! The stand's been open and getting used for more than a season and a half now. Of course it's not absolutely perfect that we've been using changing rooms in the Wheatfield for that time, that there have been some issues with arrangements around hospitality/directors getting to and from their seats, and some issues with toilets and kiosk layouts, but if you genuinely think we'd have been better spending all thaf time playing elsewhere just because the 'buzz' around the opening might have been a wee bit bigger if it had only been opened once fully completed, rather than when it was opened, I'd be extremely confident in suggesting that you'd be in a very, very small minority indeed.

6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That's quite possibly the most ludicrous thing I've ever read! The stand's been open and getting used for more than a season and a half now. Of course it's not absolutely perfect that we've been using changing rooms in the Wheatfield for that time, that there have been some issues with arrangements around hospitality/directors getting to and from their seats, and some issues with toilets and kiosk layouts, but if you genuinely think we'd have been better spending all thaf time playing elsewhere just because the 'buzz' around the opening might have been a wee bit bigger if it had only been opened once fully completed, rather than when it was opened, I'd be extremely confident in suggesting that you'd be in a very, very small minority indeed.

And it was worth it to annoy Partick Thistle then get the SPFL to fully support us. 

9 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Plus, I'm pretty sure Murrayfield wasn't free.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

:spoton:

Ask almost everyone in Scottish football which stadium they wish was theirs if they had the choice and I bet Tynecastle would be top of most people's list.  Stadium design, acoustics, sightlines, proximity to public transport, proximity to boozers We are here moaning about the position of Director's boxes when we should just be grateful we have the best football stadium in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Ask almost everyone in Scottish football which stadium they wish was theirs if they had the choice and I bet Tynecastle would be top of most people's list.  Stadium design, acoustics, sightlines, proximity to public transport, proximity to boozers We are here moaning about the position of Director's boxes when we should just be grateful we have the best football stadium in Scotland.

You're right, its only a good few Hearts supporters that don't like going to Tynecastle ????

"The Sun's in my eyes"  :rofl:

"Have to queue for a pish"   :rofl:

"Ceiling is to low"   :rofl:

etc etc etc etc etc etc etc 

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

hear hear :fth:

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

My only issue with the main stand is, in hindsight, we should’ve stayed at Murrayfield or another venue till the new stand was completely finished. That way we could’ve had a proper grand opening and had nothing to moan about. I understand that we needed the stand open to create revenue to finish etc, I get that. My only complaint is that by the time it’s all finished the “buzz” about it being new will be gone. That’s all in hindsight. In reality the new stand and tynie in general these days is almost unrecognisable and something to behold. 

In an ideal world, yes. 

But the fiancial impact would have been huge and the rugby lads might have been a tad upset. 

Pasquale for King

I don’t think we had the money to finish it completely last season. Murrayfield probably would’ve made us more money with the bigger crowds, the novelty may have worn off though and it might not have been available for the dates we needed.

When it’s finished the stadium tours will hopefully incorporate all parts of the new stand.

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sun was a problem in the lower sections of the old stand. 

Edinburgh should follow Liverpool and ban it. 

Hungry hippo
50 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The only thing you would say is that it has taken a long time to finish. Should really be done by now.

Would have been completed before now if we'd chosen to borrow to finance it but personally prefer this method. If someone had told me 5 years ago that we could build an £18m stand at Tynecastle without going into debt I would never have believed it.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Going to admit you were wrong on the season ticket thread Geoffrey? Didn't think so.

I already have said so. I think you should pay more attention.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Would have been completed before now if we'd chosen to borrow to finance it but personally prefer this method. If someone had told me 5 years ago that we could build an £18m stand at Tynecastle without going into debt I would never have believed it.

Yeah, you're right.

Bad Religion
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I already have said so. I think you should pay more attention.

You said you would when proven wrong. That’s not an admission. 

Independence
15 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

This and fans should be realistic. Too many with short memories!!

3 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Tbf, it's becoming clearer that there have been a number of design issues. 

That's very true and can't argue about it but it really annoys me when they suggest that X million pounds has been siphoned off.

Although the final figure for the new stand has ballooned to £18m, am I right in assuming the excess costs have been absorbed by other income/benefactors etc, and not passed on to fans/pledgers...?

The Future's Maroon
38 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Well said ???

Geoff Kilpatrick
27 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You said you would when proven wrong. That’s not an admission. 

:gfy:

Go and read the ST thread and gies peace.

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

Good post.  Well said.

Bad Religion
20 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:gfy:

Go and read the ST thread and gies peace.

It's not there Geoffrey. You can't do it can you?

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

In an ideal world, yes. 

But the fiancial impact would have been huge and the rugby lads might have been a tad upset. 

Thanks for being one of the only ones that noticed that my post wasn’t a dig but more of a “in an ideal world” type post. 

3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

You might like this picture from the production at Tynecastle.....obviously with a slight photoshop.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_670087981_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_Dram2gjWwAEwsfi_jpg_fff410ee2f4ffa2c8822bb570bb77e55.jpg

A slight photo shop?  The boy on the right looks like he's been hammering the ration book!

Geoff Kilpatrick
53 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

It's not there Geoffrey. You can't do it can you?

Tragic. Go and read it again.

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Most of Edinburgh already follows Liverpool it seems.☺

Bazzas right boot

Thanks for being one of the only ones that noticed that my post wasn’t a dig but more of a “in an ideal world” type post. 

No I got it. ?

Like spurs, move in and get that immediate "wow" factor. 

Ours has been like slowly boiling a frog. 

Massive difference at the end, but as most of the cosmetics and finishing touches have been completed in parts, there's no immediate "wow". 

In fact, a lot of complaints and niggles instead it would seem. 

The before and after pictures are proof of the difference and success and I guess practicality and finance over the Wow and glam will always win. 

Can't complain, but I get what you mean. 

(actually, better example would be moving into a brand new completed house v moving into a new home and doing each room up one by one over a period of time). 

36 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

No I got it. ?

Like spurs, move in and get that immediate "wow" factor. 

Ours has been like slowly boiling a frog. 

Massive difference at the end, but as most of the cosmetics and finishing touches have been completed in parts, there's no immediate "wow". 

In fact, a lot of complaints and niggles instead it would seem. 

The before and after pictures are proof of the difference and success and I guess practicality and finance over the Wow and glam will always win. 

Can't complain, but I get what you mean. 

(actually, better example would be moving into a brand new completed house v moving into a new home and doing each room up one by one over a period of time). 

Yeah exactly. Think have the folk moaning are moaning cause things are trickling to completion and with that folk always build things up too much. Like the half done photo of the crest above the tunnel, even tho it was clearly not finished people where still niggling over what they’d change etc etc. 

Still, what a difference. Will always have the wow factor for Jambos used to looking at the old stand from the wheatfield haha. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I see what you did there, but to take you literally, I thought Edinburgh already had banned it.

I come from somewhere farther west even than weegieville and  always have to put my thermals on when I go to Edinburgh anytime after September 1st.  It's  flippin' freezing.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I see what you did there, but to take you literally, I thought Edinburgh already had banned it.

I come from somewhere farther west even than weegieville and  always have to put my thermals on when I go to Edinburgh anytime after September 1st.  It's  flippin' freezing.

Big Jessie ?

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Most of Edinburgh already follows Liverpool it seems.☺

Can I ask why you have such a bee in your bonnet about people following English clubs? Their reasons are multiple - whether family, lived in the area, friends etc. - and if you love football, it’s also even  more enjoyable when you feel an attachment.

I lived right next to Stamford Bridge for 15 years and regularly went. 

I honestly can’t see the harm in it and your obsession of trying to childishly belittle people is...........strange.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Big Jessie ?

Too right!  One game last season I shivered so much it set up a Tsunami and the bloke on the end of the row fell out onto the stairs... ?

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Too right!  One game last season I shivered so much it set up a Tsunami and the bloke on the end of the row fell out onto the stairs... ?

??

Spent money to get the stand open for matches as soon as possible.

Have then slowly completing it (and adding to original plans) as time and money have allowed.

Hearts have 100% done this the right way to avoid either playing a full season with three stands or spending untold thousands renting Murrayfield.

King Of The Cat Cafe
26 minutes ago, Cade said:

Spent money to get the stand open for matches as soon as possible.

Have then slowly completing it (and adding to original plans) as time and money have allowed.

Hearts have 100% done this the right way to avoid either playing a full season with three stands or spending untold thousands renting Murrayfield.

Totally agree.

We could, of course, have gone down the other route and moved to a totally new stadium.

Such an idea has proved very successful - as absolutely no West Ham fan has been heard to say...

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

The new standhas ramped up the atmosphere even more than auld bertie.... well for the 4/5 games a season it’s lively. Love the look of it from internally but I think the outside looks brutal. The plaza area is decent with the big badge on the monoblock but the external really leaves alot to be desired. For 18 million we could’ve done a hell of alot better let’s be honest.

Edited by UcheGang

52 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

The new standhas ramped up the atmosphere even more than auld bertie.... well for the 4/5 games a season it’s lively. Love the look of it from internally but I think the outside looks brutal. The plaza area is decent with the big badge on the monoblock but the external really leaves alot to be desired. For 18 million we could’ve done a hell of alot better let’s be honest.

A few big stickers on the windows and a few trees in planters will fix that.

54 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

What could we have done better with the time and money available then?

davemclaren

Does the completion of the sky longe and changing rooms mean that only the second floor now remains to be completed?

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, sac said:

Not me, can’t be arsed with them.

Weirdo !!!

Am I playing this game right?

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah exactly. Think have the folk moaning are moaning cause things are trickling to completion and with that folk always build things up too much. Like the half done photo of the crest above the tunnel, even tho it was clearly not finished people where still niggling over what they’d change etc etc. 

Still, what a difference. Will always have the wow factor for Jambos used to looking at the old stand from the wheatfield haha. 

Aye it looks good from the wheatfield ,compared to the old stand ,but it lacks atmosphere,as does tyney recently ,,,hope that is going to improve...

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Can I ask why you have such a bee in your bonnet about people following English clubs? Their reasons are multiple - whether family, lived in the area, friends etc. - and if you love football, it’s also even  more enjoyable when you feel an attachment.

I lived right next to Stamford Bridge for 15 years and regularly went. 

I honestly can’t see the harm in it and your obsession of trying to childishly belittle people is...........strange.

Maybe it's the fact they win things ? The more successful English teams ,That's the attraction,and people outside weegies dont really like the arse cheeks that  are rangers and celtic ??? Good on these people if they are happy supporting the big English sides,personally happy with the hearts win or lose ,

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, UcheGang said:

Firstly, the look of the front is entirely a matter of taste. You don't like it, lots of others do. Personally, I think if you're looking at it from right in front, it looks reasonably good but nothing special. If you look at it from towards either end it looks better, as you get a better impression of the curvature of it, and if you see it from a position where you get to see the reflection of either the old school or the tenements on a clear day with a blue sky, I think it looks absolutely stunning! It is, like I say, a matter of taste.

Secondly, and here's the real point I want to make here, you say that for £18m we could have done a lot better. Ignoring the fact that £18m has paid for improvements throughout the ground, including a new hybrid pitch, a temporary shop and ticket office in the Wheatfield, and new changing rooms in the Wheatfield, just what on earth do you base your assertion that we could do a lot better for the money spent on, exactly? Are you an expert in the construction industry, with detailed knowledge of the quantities of materials used in the construction and the costs of those materials, as well as the staff costs, plant hire costs, etc, or have you just decided we could do a lot better for the money because you don't like what we have done?

I've seen quite a number of people make claims about how we could or should have done better with various aspects of the stand over the life of this thread. I don't think any has offered any justification for their claim!

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Firstly, the look of the front is entirely a matter of taste. You don't like it, lots of others do. Personally, I think if you're looking at it from right in front, it looks reasonably good but nothing special. If you look at it from towards either end it looks better, as you get a better impression of the curvature of it, and if you see it from a position where you get to see the reflection of either the old school or the tenements on a clear day with a blue sky, I think it looks absolutely stunning! It is, like I say, a matter of taste.

Secondly, and here's the real point I want to make here, you say that for £18m we could have done a lot better. Ignoring the fact that £18m has paid for improvements throughout the ground, including a new hybrid pitch, a temporary shop and ticket office in the Wheatfield, and new changing rooms in the Wheatfield, just what on earth do you base your assertion that we could do a lot better for the money spent on, exactly? Are you an expert in the construction industry, with detailed knowledge of the quantities of materials used in the construction and the costs of those materials, as well as the staff costs, plant hire costs, etc, or have you just decided we could do a lot better for the money because you don't like what we have done?

I've seen quite a number of people make claims about how we could or should have done better with various aspects of the stand over the life of this thread. I don't think any has offered any justification for their claim!

Don’t forget the demo phase of the works.  I work in construction and know that refurbs(in a way the new stand was) are costly.  

Especially when you are incorporating it into or onto an existing structure. 

Exactly. New stand is magnificent. 

been here before

You dont have to be a poultry farmer to know if an egg is rotten.

Just thought Id chuck that in, Charlie Chan style....

Warner_Oland.jpg.af4039dfbcb2468e5feb453060dbc1ca.jpg

fabienleclerq

I don't work in construction but there's been things not right with the new stand that are quite obvious.

My seats fine BTW and the seating area and the outside look great imo. There aren't many if any better looking stands in Scotland from the outside. 

The roof has leaked, we decided against boxes which imo was silly, the directors entrance has been changed as it was poorly designed. The toilets were a farce to start with and were changed, the TV studio has again changed, the press box is in a poor position considering our weather etc. There isn't a separate entrance for hospitality etc, the stairway on the way out has big pillers in the middle which leads to a bizarre one big/one little stairway. We didn't appear aware how much space we would have available and the changing room has again been redesigned. The walkway was meant to go right around the ground. 

Now I'm no expert but the architect has not exactly played a blinder. 

I'll reiterate before I'm rounded on the outside areas look great but the interior hasn't been designed well hence why we have altered so much already.