New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

3 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

My information comes from the council end, not the club but fill yer boots. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact someone on the internet is wrong. 

Fill yer boots?? ?

The only guy wrong is you - fact!

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Fill yer boots?? ?

The only guy wrong is you - fact!

You're alright - I think I'll stick to believing the Councillors and Planning Dept officials instead of a man on the internet with a Trumpian vernacular who was in a meeting with Ann Budge once... But as I said, fill yer boots - I don't care that much. 

Mr Brightside
14 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes it was a planning stipulation put in place by the Council planning dept - just as I said previously FFS!

The Wheatfield yard area was deemed suitable for the temporary nursery not the permanent nursery - inadequate floor space, limited access, etc.

My “premise” is based on pre-planning and construction meetings I attended with Ann Budge and the design team - yours looks to be based on an uniformed grump!

6 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

My information comes from the council end, not the club but fill yer boots. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact someone on the internet is wrong. 

If there was a stipulation as part of the planning consent it should be on the planning decision notice. This should be publicly available, so if someone wants to search the planning portal an upload the letter this clear up the disagreement.

4 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

If there was a stipulation as part of the planning consent it should be on the planning decision notice. This should be publicly available, so if someone wants to search the planning portal an upload the letter this clear up the disagreement.

The disagreement isn't with regards to the existence of a stipulation existing, we both agree that it did. However, where there is a disagreement is on whether or not the stipulation had to be what it was. I am saying that the council were and are extremely open to dialogue with the club and that alternative arrangements could've been found had there been specific requests from the club. Cruikshank is asserting that it was immoveable and nothing could've been done to change it. 

Mr Brightside
9 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

The disagreement isn't with regards to the existence of a stipulation existing, we both agree that it did. However, where there is a disagreement is on whether or not the stipulation had to be what it was. I am saying that the council were and are extremely open to dialogue with the club and that alternative arrangements could've been found had there been specific requests from the club. Cruikshank is asserting that it was immoveable and nothing could've been done to change it. 

Guess it’s a difficult one for either person to prove.

From experience on other projects, the planning authority can be very flexible about conditions or ridiculously strict.

1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

You're alright - I think I'll stick to believing the Councillors and Planning Dept officials instead of a man on the internet with a Trumpian vernacular who was in a meeting with Ann Budge once... But as I said, fill yer boots - I don't care that much. 

What did the councillors and planning officials tell you - that they would accept a land swap in the Wheatfield yard, or that the completion date promised to the parents could be broken????

That is utter crap!

As for meeting Ann Budge once you have absolutely no clue - trumpian vernacular...?????

47 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Tell us what were  these “alternative arrangements”????

You will need to come up with something plausible because your previous ones were just nonsense!!

Edited by Thomaso

corryjambo
57 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What did the councillors and planning officials tell you - that they would accept a land swap in the Wheatfield yard, or that the completion date promised to the parents could be broken????

That is utter crap!

As for meeting Ann Budge once you have absolutely no clue - trumpian vernacular...?????

Think you are wasting your time here Cruikie. 

His theory regarding the Wheatfield yard site is so far of the mark it is unbelievable but as there is no telling this guy I think I will remove myself from further discussion with him. This battering your head off a brick wall becomes painful after a time.:banghead2:

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Tell us what were  these “alternative arrangements”????

You will need to come up with something plausible because your previous ones were just nonsense!!

Whether he’s in the right or wrong you do have a rather unpleasant way of disagreeing, tbh.

I'm more inclined to believe Thomaso. He was clearly involved in the new stand project and there is no doubt the new stand getting planning permission from the council was a big achievement for Budge given all the constraints.

44 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Whether he’s in the right or wrong you do have a rather unpleasant way of disagreeing, tbh.

Sorry but I don’t take kindly to be basically called a liar.

51 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

Think you are wasting your time here Cruikie. 

His theory regarding the Wheatfield yard site is so far of the mark it is unbelievable but as there is no telling this guy I think I will remove myself from further discussion with him. This battering your head off a brick wall becomes painful after a time.:banghead2:

Hard to disagree Corry

Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Lies lies lies.

??

???

1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

Lies lies lies.

??

???

Liar liar pants on fire.....?☀️

22 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

Yes, there was a stipulation on timeline. It didn't need to be what it was. The club has a lot of friends within the council, there was a lot of wiggle room and the assumption that it was now or never, isn't 100% honest imo. The council's flexibility was clearly evident when it came to inspections and issues with power. 

With regards to land, a trade for the nursery grounds and land owned by the club on Wheatfield St (the temporary site for the nursery), isn't something I believe was investigated but would've solved any timeline issues and mutually benefited both parties. 

Again, this has been covered in this thread before. 

As long as the kids and parents along with the nursery staff are happy.

They are happy aren’t they ?

Oh ffs, I wish I'd never said anything. 

It's a completely redundant argument at this point anyway. The nursery is finished, the stand is built (for the most part) and I'm not losing any sleep over it. I stand by what I've said, with proper engagement there could've been a way round the nursery issue but I also didn't mean to raise anyone's blood pressure.

The jumping down throats style of debate is chronic, surely I'm not the only one that thinks so?

Look.  Were far better at taking the piss out of Hibs than bickering about our fantastic new stand.

Get your priorities right.

Bridge of Djoum
On 30/06/2019 at 12:30, colinmaroon said:

I'm doing it for £1/17/6d

I'm far too young to understand that collection of characters. 

Some kind of Algebraic problem I'm guessing.

Bridge of Djoum
10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So stop lying...

Image result for smug gif

13 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Liar liar pants on fire.....?☀️

:liesalarm:

:troll:

Cut The Crap

Have to say when all is said and done the stadium is magnificent now.

Back of house is no doubt still a little rough around the edges but improving all the time. 

Looking forward to us focusing more on the fitbaw again. 

Heartsofgold
5 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm far too young to understand that collection of characters. 

Some kind of Algebraic problem I'm guessing.

1 pound, 17 shillings and 6 pence.  Old school money,

davemclaren
Just now, Heartsofgold said:

Talking of old school...how much f offline ) bickering went on when the old stand went over budget and nearly bankrupted the club in the First World War?

Heartsofgold
47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Talking of old school...how much f offline ) bickering went on when the old stand went over budget and nearly bankrupted the club in the First World War?

#

Oh I have no doubt telegrams were exchanged between the arseholes of the day

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

#

Oh I have no doubt telegrams were exchanged between the arseholes of the day

?

Dalstonjambo
13 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

Oh ffs, I wish I'd never said anything. 

It's a completely redundant argument at this point anyway. The nursery is finished, the stand is built (for the most part) and I'm not losing any sleep over it. I stand by what I've said, with proper engagement there could've been a way round the nursery issue but I also didn't mean to raise anyone's blood pressure.

The jumping down throats style of debate is chronic, surely I'm not the only one that thinks so?

No you aren't. It's symptomatic of this board as a whole nowadays. He who shouts loudest and all that.

been here before
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Old stand opened 1914... WWI started 1914. The answer is there.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, been here before said:

More excuses - Furst oot!!!

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

More excuses - Furst oot!!!

It was making good progress until someone forgot to order the benches. 

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, been here before said:

?

Portable Badger
8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Aye they ****ed up and ordered feckin trenches instead

davemclaren
27 minutes ago, iainmac said:

?

Other bits of the tunnel still to be painted? Behind the doors when open, and inside walls too. Hope they use the artist who did the fan entrances work, nice font for 'blood doesn't show...' unlike the Wheatfield attempt!

Bridge of Djoum
9 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Sounds like £1.91.

Bridge of Djoum
37 minutes ago, Barack said:

That our new signing?!

Looks “experienced”. 

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Looks “experienced”. 

Is that Ronnie Gordon checking to local rivals??!

pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

No you aren't. It's symptomatic of this board as a whole nowadays. He who shouts loudest and all that.

I just ignore them tbh when they start that routine.

14 hours ago, HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie said:

Big fan of the tunnel but those ceiling tiles in the background...ganting.

No worries, Laurence.

‘Ganting’

:gok:

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

New home dressing room stolen off Facebook 

Looks awesome 

FB_IMG_1562338067011.jpg

:ruiner:

All looks good and hopefully get to hospitality this season. Anymore pics of the changing rooms? Would be interested to see the progress 

On 03/07/2019 at 13:38, farin said:

Look better with the door closed ? ?

3F774EBE-CD04-4A8F-B3A6-C6E72894EC20.thumb.jpeg.a6e829614c35d250c61a44d5f55a5b9e.jpeg

Come on Farin, you might have moved the tin of paint before taking the picture or is it there for the grand opening by................

Michael Stewart? 🐵

Seymour M Hersh
On 05/07/2019 at 16:10, Olly Lee's left boot said:

:ruiner:

I'm sure at some point in the future someone will try to "christen" it!